Football Manager 2009 - Arsenal edition

• SI Staff

Direct from the press release....

Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe Ltd. can today announce that they have signed a deal with Arsenal Football Club to release an exclusive Arsenal Special Edition of Football Manager™ 2009.

The Special Edition will be fully skinned with Arsenal colours and club logo, and will feature all of the official Arsenal player photos. Set for release before Christmas and available through Arsenal.com and the club’s official stores, the Special Edition will offer Arsenal fans a unique way to experience the fastest selling version of the Football Manager series, which is currently No.1 in the UK PC charts.

“To be able to team up with one of the largest football clubs in the world, and the closest to our studio, offering a special edition of Football Manager is a great honour for us,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. “Arsenal is an incredibly forward thinking team both on and off the pitch, and this deal once again signifies how seriously our football management simulation is taken by the football world.”

“I’m sure that many of our supporters are also big fans of Football Manager so we’re delighted to be able to offer them an Arsenal special edition of this year’s game, and to enter into a partnership with the world’s leading football management title,” said Adrian Ford, Commercial Director of Arsenal Football Club.

Football Manager 2009 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld 2009 for Sony PSP are both available in shops now.

And before anyone asks and hijacks this thread, patch 2 is now in final testing, which will take a few days. Doesn't mean that it'll pass that phase, of course, but it stops people asking in this thread when it's out. We'll only give info about the patch once it has passed through the final test phase, so please note that any questions about it on this thread will be ignored, and likely deleted.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is this just the exact same FM09 that everyone else has? Only with pictures of Arsenal is which you could quite easily get from the editors forum?

Sorry I dont mean to be negative but I dont really see the point in this. If you care so much that Arsenal has its pictures the presumably you would want the rest of the players in the premiership to have that too. Therefore you still have to go to the editors forum to get the premiership pack which would have included Arsenal anyway?!

Plus I bet this wont drop in price anywhere nearly as quickly as the original FM09

• SI Staff
Miles is this something we could be seeing more of? as in could there be Celtic/Man utd/Liverpool versions sometime in the future?

We're going to see how it goes with the Arsenal version first, but I've been wanting to do these kinds of things for years. Have always been held up by legal issues in the past, and I cannot thank Arsenal's marketing and legal team enough for getting us through those issues.

So is this just the exact same FM09 that everyone else has? Only with pictures of Arsenal is which you could quite easily get from the editors forum?

Sorry I dont mean to be negative but I dont really see the point in this. If you care so much that Arsenal has its pictures the presumably you would want the rest of the players in the premiership to have that too. Therefore you still have to go to the editors forum to get the premiership pack which would have included Arsenal anyway?!

Plus I bet this wont drop in price anywhere nearly as quickly as the original FM09

You do mean to be negative, or else you wouldn't have posted negatively!

There's an exclusive Arsenal skin, exclusive Arsenal packaging, a different start menu and the official Arsenal player photo's. And available at a price which is extremely good value for money.

Duplicate thread! Clearly needs to be closed. ;)

It's only just become official - there have been leaks for the last few days by some very enthusiastic people....

There's an exclusive Arsenal skin, exclusive Arsenal packaging, a different start menu and the official Arsenal player photo's. And available at a price which is extremely good value for money.

so its still got the same match engine eh?? oh dear

You do mean to be negative, or else you wouldn't have posted negatively!

Seems like another way of fleecing the average joe of more money if you ask me

For anyone thinking of buying this game, you may aswell just find a new skin and get the arsenal face pack download... and you have saved yourself 30 quid.

Epic fail in my opinion

So not much change then, plus doesn't this elude the whole point of your game I mean say I buy this arsenal edition after a month or so I've had enough of Arsenal and start playing with Chelsea therefore wiping out all the effort that you have put in which seems very little. Even the most hardcore Arsenal fans wont pay extra money just for a skin and a face-pack.

Epic fail in my opinion

So not much change then, plus doesn't this elude the whole point of your game I mean say I buy this arsenal edition after a month or so I've had enough of Arsenal and start playing with Chelsea therefore wiping out all the effort that you have put in which seems very little. Even the most hardcore Arsenal fans wont pay extra money just for a skin and a face-pack.

Agree 100% Anyone who buys this, has far to much money to part with

And before anyone asks and hijacks this thread, patch 2 is now in final testing, which will take a few days. Doesn't mean that it'll pass that phase, of course, but it stops people asking in this thread when it's out. We'll only give info about the patch once it has passed through the final test phase, so please note that any questions about it on this thread will be ignored, and likely deleted.

make sure they test it PROPERLY this time

another hero..... too many heros on this board. I just want them to bring it out when its been tested extensively and not rushed just to get it out before xmas. BTW what gives you the right to question my posts YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY HERE.

maybe we don't have any authority but you do need to be told that your behaving like a tool!

Direct from the press release....

Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe Ltd. can today announce that they have signed a deal with Arsenal Football Club to release an exclusive Arsenal Special Edition of Football Manager™ 2009.

The Special Edition will be fully skinned with Arsenal colours and club logo, and will feature all of the official Arsenal player photos. Set for release before Christmas and available through Arsenal.com and the club’s official stores, the Special Edition will offer Arsenal fans a unique way to experience the fastest selling version of the Football Manager series, which is currently No.1 in the UK PC charts.

“To be able to team up with one of the largest football clubs in the world, and the closest to our studio, offering a special edition of Football Manager is a great honour for us,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. “Arsenal is an incredibly forward thinking team both on and off the pitch, and this deal once again signifies how seriously our football management simulation is taken by the football world.”

“I’m sure that many of our supporters are also big fans of Football Manager so we’re delighted to be able to offer them an Arsenal special edition of this year’s game, and to enter into a partnership with the world’s leading football management title,” said Adrian Ford, Commercial Director of Arsenal Football Club.

Football Manager 2009 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld 2009 for Sony PSP are both available in shops now.

Just a point...

Why don't you use the main website more, that way everybody would be able to see this piece of news.... surely not everybody who comes to sigames.com, goes onto the forums first ?

• SI Staff
Epic fail in my opinion

Err....

I wouldn't expect anyone to buy the game again, although some might like the collectorsness of it (in the dim old days when vinyl records still sold, many bands would release loads of different versions of a single with picture discs, coloured vinyl and the like).

I'd expect to be selling the game to Arsenal supporters who haven't already bought the game, and to get the game out to a potential new customers.

Guest Mouhsin013

Do the kits look exactly like they do in real life in the match enigine?!! I'm curious because Arsenal's kit doesn't have the typical white sleave this season... It would also be awesome if the emirates stadium would be in the game as well but I guess it isn't something realistic?!!

I like the idea. I'd buy a Sheffield United version if it was available. Partnerships of this kind can only be a good thing for FM and it's future. Some good revenue opportunities there too especially if Arsenal are willing to promote it in programs and it's site etc.

• SI Staff
Just a point...

Why don't you use the main website more, that way everybody would be able to see this piece of news.... surely not everybody who comes to sigames.com, goes onto the forums first ?

The story is on FM.net.

We don't use the website much as only one person can add things to it, and he's busy with other stuff. It's meant to be going through a re-vamp, and when it does, will be easier to manage.

Miles, was this made late enough to stick the first patch on it or will it be a case of going back and applying the 1st (and 2nd when it comes) patch

It uses the first patch code. And it's own database (some changes to Arsenal's favourite staff, which will be incorporated into patch 2).

Miles

As usual you have to sift through loads of negative threads , I don't know how you and your team have the patience!

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I bet there are a good few who have already bought the game , I know you say you don't expect people to buy the game again. However I bet there are alot of Arsenal fans who would pay for an expansion pack to patch their original game.

On another note, when you are doing the new deals, don't forget Leeds. I know we are in League One (Third Division in real money) but there are still more Leeds fans out there than for most of the Premiership clubs! Don't forget us!

Cool idea. Is there any chance we can buy or freely (and legally) download the "Arsenal Pack" addon to turn our currently bought normal versions of the game into the Arsenal version?

After all, as an Arsenal fan this would be cool, but certainly doesn't justify paying twice for the game.

There's nothing wrong with this idea. Lots of other games release a special collectors edition, which no one is forced to buy, just like no one is forced to buy an Arsenal edition FM. But it's always nice to have more options in life, and I'm sure this will appeal to many Arsenal fans. It will be nice if more clubs agree to do this in the future

Have to say it also looks a little suspect that Arsenal are so strong on FM09 and now this happens...but I'm sure it's just a coincidence :)

Miles

As usual you have to sift through loads of negative threads , I don't know how you and your team have the patience!

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I bet there are a good few who have already bought the game , I know you say you don't expect people to buy the game again. However I bet there are alot of Arsenal fans who would pay for an expansion pack to patch their original game.

On another note, when you are doing the new deals, don't forget Leeds. I know we are in League One (Third Division in real money) but there are still more Leeds fans out there than for most of the Premiership clubs! Don't forget us!

Please like me, Miles.

The Arsenal store has it on pre-order for £29.99 which is cheaper than I expected it to be when I heard about this. I hope this is a success and we get a Football Manager Aston Villa Edition sometime :thup:
I will favour Aston Villa edition too :)

Err....

I wouldn't expect anyone to buy the game again, although some might like the collectorsness of it (in the dim old days when vinyl records still sold, many bands would release loads of different versions of a single with picture discs, coloured vinyl and the like).

I'd expect to be selling the game to Arsenal supporters who haven't already bought the game, and to get the game out to a potential new customers.

That's a very small market, and if it does appeal to Arsenal fans who don't already have football manager then if they like it cant help thinking they'll throw it away and just go and buy fm, and if they dislike it they'll throw it away again SI = EFG

Hilton, could you use the quote button?

Arsenal fans who don't already have football manager then if they like it cant help thinking they'll throw it away and just go and buy fm

If an Arsenal fan buys it and likes it, why would he then go and buy the vanilla release afterwards?

SI = EFG
4chan is bad for you.

I admire SI for trying something new, however what frustrates me most is that football clubs today will only do things if they can make money from it.

Everything is about naming rights, licenses, image rights. Aren't football fans being robbed enough these days from the clubs?

I feel sorry for the Arsenal fans who would have liked to have bought this game, but who have already purchased the original on the day of release. Would you really

want to fork out another 30quid to play the same game???? (There is a credit crunch on in the land where I live!)

Good luck SI with your new venture, but I for one will stick with the old format.

Regards

RP

Archived