10 meters offside goal...

I thought the official rule was that you can't be offside from a throw in and/or when the ball comes from your own half?

u hav to be in your own half to not be off side, the ball cant come from your side to there side or else its offside, but if there def on your is side pushd right up & ur striker is ahead of them in your OWN half then its onside.

u hav to be in your own half to not be off side, the ball cant come from your side to there side or else its offside, but if there def on your is side pushd right up & ur striker is ahead of them in your OWN half then its onside.

Please don't use text speak ;)

I'd imagine this is simply a bug. In fact, your man was ONSIDE, but the ME representation was poor and showed him in an offside position.

The referee may have thought he counted as 'the last man' and thus played him onside. Pain in the arse for you though.

Funnily enough this was my first thought as well. I'm sure it would be an easy mistake for someone to have made in the ME, and not one that would come up very often (let's face it, how many times is the ref the last man?)

Shouldn't matter.

What about if a defender tried to head it clear, only to flick it into the attacker's path, before the linesman has deemed the attacker to be interfering with play? Sounds odd but I've seen it happen in real life before.

Did anyone touch the ball between the pass from #5 to #99?

If not, it looks clearly offside. It can only be a mistake from the linesman, human error is built into the game.

No one touches the ball. I understand human errors, but this linseman has no excuse. Look at his position. It's perfectly positioned. He's blind or what?

I've had offsides when the pass has come backwards and the guy receiving the ball gets flagged. And the worst calls don't seem to get complained about so you can't complain. I'll say it's just a problem with the 2D representation (like so many other things).

How are the ass refs in woeful positions?? the nearside lineo is in line with the offside player and the far side lineo is in line (nearly) with the freekick taker, seem like good positions to me.

He should be in line with the last defender shouldnt he? That's what I've always been told...

He should be in line with the last defender shouldnt he? That's what I've always been told...

AR should ALWAYS be in line with the SECOND last defender...

Rember that a goalie is counted as a defender too:P

(I hate running the line in games where the GK always goes out to battle for the ball. Suddenly you are totally way off in position, because a defender have sneaked in behind him)

And OT: from the SS provided, it must be the worst miss ive seen in FM - Not IRL though.

Even with what we have here, without a video of it we don't know for sure. If 4 was running left and 99 running right, and both fairly pacey, it could be a tight onside? After all, the screenshot of the ball "being played", is that the moment it had been played or a moment or so after? Add to that the linesman is in line with the striker, which suggests maybe the defender has stepped up.

I can see this being a tight on/off that the linesman got right/wrong, but understandably so. Imagine the striker's onside and running forward. Defenders stepping up. Strikers on. you looka t ball, it's played. Player now appears off, but as a linesman do you know if he was on or off when it left 5's foot?

Archived