Injuries in FM12

Yesterday I just thought, today I am 100% sure the game has injury problems. I coached both AC Milan and City for 2 months and I had more than 30 injuries for both teams in total, one of them really long ones. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I am all for more injuries. I'm sick of winning premiership with a 1st team squad of 18 players as i have on previous editions of FM.

I've been averaging 5 or 6 first teamers out at all times, injuries normally at least 6 weeks. This is much more realistic.

3-0 up in a league cup game (neither myself or my board are bothered about trying to win it) with 60 minutes played, have made all 3 subs when Kayal gets a red injury and gets stretchered off and at the exact same time Forest gets a green cross injury, no probs I'll just take him off by trying to sub him and the the usual message should pop up about all 3 subs having being used but do you want to take him off, except it doesn't.

I just get a message saying you've used all your subs, so a first team player has to hobble through 30 minutes of a meaningless game that we're winning easily anyway, risking aggravating the 'knock' and having him out for weeks if not months. Really hope the ability to take off a player carrying a knock subsequent to having made all 3 subs is not removed in the full game.:mad:

Beside basicly every AML i bring on the pitch gets injured at the moment, i don't have really injury problems.

However, when i look at the injury tables... Here the top 5 in amounts of injuries:

Dutch Eredivisie: 12 / 10 / 8 / 7 / 7

Jupiler League: 13 (of which 9 longer then 2 weeks) / 11 / 8 / 6 / 6

Looks to me like a lot of injuries... (this is at 16 Oct ingame)

injuries are out of control... players going down for 5-8 weeks consistently... it's a bit much.

I dunno if it's just a random number generator accidentally going out of control for some of us, or what, but I just had one game where 4 of my players went down for multiple weeks. That's on top of the 4 I've already got down.

And a couple of them just refuse to stay healthy. They get half a game in after they're back and they're out for weeks again.

From bleacherreport.com, Sept 22nd: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Massimo Ambrosini, Luca Antonini, Philippe Mexes, Gennaro Gattuso and Mathieu Flamini were all on the injured list Wednesday and now Pato joins that list, making things very difficult for those who have earned two draws and a loss in their first three Serie A games.

From BBC sport, 2009 It was a match which began with Darren Fletcher at right-back in the absence of Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea andfollowing the early exit of Brown and Neville - with a groin problem - United were left fielding an unfamiliar back-four.

Ryan Giggs was forced into playing at left-back, while Patrice Evra was pushed into the middle of defence to partner Carrick.

"Evra must be the smallest centre-half in the world, but he's a good reader of the game. He's quick and determined," Ferguson added.

Injuries can and do happen all the time.

I'm playing a game with a 3rd div team in Belgium in the demo and noticed I have heaps of injuries as well. I'm 4 games in the season and every league game I have at least 2 injuries per game. Not sure if it's a bug or just the fact that I'm in a lower division and my physio's and coaches are not that great.

I haven't had any problems with injuries so far. Maybe it's because you overload the players with friendlies in the beginning? I rarely play more than 3-4 friendlies during the summer, always around a week apart, as I find it more important to get my guys up to around 100% after getting back from holidays.

• 1 month later...
I've been averaging 5 or 6 first teamers out at all times, injuries normally at least 6 weeks. This is much more realistic.

You are kidding, right? How is that realistic? Look at any big team in real life and you will see 1, maybe 2 first team players out at most times.. But generally, I would say none. And the occasional long-term injury.

I actually blitzed through a game just being on holiday at all times to see what happens. After 4 seasons, I found 3 interesting examples:

1. Rooney had been out for 4 months twice, and for 2 months 2 more times! :) Plus tons of other little injuries.. That means he couldn't play a total of 12+ months of the 36..

2. At the end of season 5, Barcelona had - watch this - 16 injured players of the 31 on their roster..

3. I kinda looked at an average of big teams (Barca, Real, MU etc) and found that each team had at least 5 injuries that lasted at least 4 months per season! Now where do you see that in real life? :) That's like having Messi, Xavi, Pique, Villa and Dani Alves all injured for 4 months in one season. Tell me that's realistic.

You are kidding, right? How is that realistic? Look at any big team in real life and you will see 1, maybe 2 first team players out at most times.. But generally, I would say none. And the occasional long-term injury.

Is it totally unrealistic that Man Utd have ten first team players unavailable for today? Tottenham: long term Dawson and Huddlestone, medium Karnjcar and Corluka, doubtful for next game Bale, Defoe, very doubtful King. Just off the top of my head: Liverpool long term Gerrard, Lucas out for the season... Arsenal, long term Wilshire, Sagna, out today Diaby, Andre Santos...

Recently out for the season: Vidic, Jenas, Steven Taylor from Newcastle, Grygera from Fulham.

(Edit) Just checked with the paper and apparently Steven Taylor's injury doesn't seem to be as serious as earlier reports and he may not be out for the season.

Interesting how 10 first team players are unavailable for today for MU but Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Nani and Rooney were on the field. So at least 5 of tese 6 are not first team players, huh? :)

You're using examples that are exceptions (and exagerating too).. Make an average for, say, all the top 8-teams in at least 10 championships around Europe and I bet you'll get an average of about 2 injured athletes in the first 11, and maybe another 2 from the rest of the team. Not 1 injury every second game like in FM 12 :)

Archived