Violence and Skullduggery

Tav

I want violence! I want a new crafiness stat for players! I want villians and heroes! I want a possibility of a rumble! I want fans throwing pigs heads at fernando torres! :D

At first I came on here to moan about why keepers dont get sent off, but thats been done before. Inspired by Gattuso and the blatant cheating of Rivaldo at the 2002 world cup (falls over holding face when hit in the body) I want a more realistic game. A game which can turn from the beautifull side of football to a full on 22 man brawl in a drop of a hat. How good would it be to see your player roll over 7 times after putting himself in a stupid position and getting "touched" by an opposing player? Its horrible to say but knowing when to fall and take an easy freekick is part and parcel of the modern game.

I want cheating! No one likes to lose 1 -0 when you have more shots but what would make that even better is a 5 yards off side goal. One that is so not even close it makes you break your mouse :D

I want to be able to fine my player 2 weeks wages for an actuall reason. "Ok De Jong its only a warning this time but next time you punch the Ref the fines will be coming out"

To be as realistic as possible these must be included. Would make the game so much funner to play if it looks like your players actually care and let emotions run high now and again in the big games. We already have the Aggression stat, lets start using it properly.

Whos with me? :D

They did have bans for players assaulting refs before. As with Di Canio all those years ago.

But I think cheating and fooling the ref shouldn't be included in the game. It's something the real FIFA are trying to stamp out. It wouldn't add anything to the game, except a team getting a penalty in a crucial match where they dived and won the game. Then you'd be on here moaning about unrealisitic it is and saying it shouldn't be in the game.

Unrealistic? Im sorry but thats what happens in real life. Tell me a tournament that has passed by with no major incident occuring? Something controversial happens every single week in football.

Although the OP's slightly tongue in cheek, I totally agree.

What's the point if every time you're asked about a controversial incident you know you have to answer politely because the referee is always right? I understand there are supposedly to be legal issues around it, but it would be nice if there was a get around ala the one we're not allowed to mention.

I agree. The game needs more controversy. Players on late night drinking binges. Assualting refs. Assualting managers. Assaulting each other on the field. I want to see lengthy suspensions for it. But it would add realism, and a bit more intrigue to the game. when a game throws up something like that, it sticks in your mind longer than a 30 yard screamer, and thats what i love about games, those kind of moments. Moments that you remember 2 years down the line. Thats what FM has needed for some time to really stick in your mind, and become that truly great game.

although 'realistic' this is something that will never happen and something FIFA and the other footballing bodies would completely disagree with and make sure it wouldn't happen. It increases and some would say 'glamorising' cheating/violence...something FIFA/FA don't want to been seen promoting.

this would then lead to SI losing sponsors and licensing deals and us having to play with Vancrester United and Rayne Wooney.

did you know FIFA11 was going to have refereeing mistakes in it? yet FIFA told them to take it out as they didn't Refs to be given a bad name...?

you could have some controversy though, which would make the game realistic...

older FM's used to have things like this but they were taken out for legal reasons i think. You can still have players going out on late night drinking sessions and missing training sessions, i had to fine someone twice for that in one of my saves but the punching and stuff was taking out of the game.

The lawyers woudln't have any of it. I suspect it's hard enough for SI to manage to rate real players on their "sportsmanship" without the threat of a lawsuit, so the idea of real players in the game cheating and pulling dirty tricks would never get approved.

But I think cheating and fooling the ref shouldn't be included in the game. It's something the real FIFA are trying to stamp out.

stamp out ?????? have you seen the world cup ?? spain games ? they clearly wanted spain to be the "new" winner .......

did you see arsenal game last night ???? barca played with 12 men , they wanted barcalona to win ... do you remember barcelona vs chelsea , last year's barcelona vs inter ... but the choosen one let them down ...

sorry to cutting out the point but i hate it when someone say that fifa is honest ... it's the biggest corrupted organization i've ever seen

Its those moment where you go "WTF?" that stick in your mind 8 years down the line, like the old CM series that keeps getting mentioned. It doesnt have to be common so that annoys you and everything, but i think every now and then for something to happen like that would really make the game memorable like the old CM games.

I want cheating! No one likes to lose 1 -0 when you have more shots but what would make that even better is a 5 yards off side goal. One that is so not even close it makes you break your mouse :D

I have done this except it was headphones. I was playing against Sunderland on fm 09 and they scored a goal that was offside by 10 metres. I watched the replay over and over and the guy was standing right in front of the linesman and he didn't see it! Then i had a legitimate goal ruled out for offside and i lost 1-0. The first thing i grabbed were my headphones and that didn't end well.

Nobody would get sued. Real life players are too dumb to know how to play the game anyway.

Was this supposed to be sarcasm? Because many players do play the game. Indeed, some managers even play the game.

And all it takes is for one of their agent's to get wind of how their represented in FM for the lawyers to be called.

I had petit banned for 9 months for pushing the ref over on a really old version of the game at least 8 years ago maybe longer. I remember thinking it was a nice touch although annoying as I lost one of my best players at the time.

Didn't that only happen with the ARSE command?

I see a lot more foul play from newgens than current players.

Like Neil says it's for legal reasons.

Once you are far enough in to the game I think you will find it to be how you described above. I get a lot more red cards. More aggressive tackles, more dives etc.

It would be great to have the occasional punch up but I understand why it can't be done these days and it still throws up some good moments. I've just had to turn the game off for a few mins to compose myself.

I built my reputation at Bradford for 12 years and left them with a team of great regens consistently getting 6th/7th in the premiership. I left when England came knocking and the board refused to build me a new stadium. I'd never managed to break into the top 5 and didn't think I could do it without a new stadium and the associated income to cover my ever increasing wage bills.

I've never won much on FM and the chance to use some of my Bradford regens (4 in particular) to rectify this was too good to resist. I went on an unbelievable run for 2 years and didn't lose in 25 matches including picking up the European Championship. Fancying my chances in the Confederations cup I won all the group matches, put Brazil out in the semi and just had France to deal with in the final. My star Bradford regen is a DM called Steve Webster and I had to buy him when I saw him at 17 touted as the 'new Nobby Stiles'. How could you resist? He is fantastic. Or he was. After 70 mins we were 1-0 up and cruising. I had just made my last substitution when Mr Webster sprinted 2 footed at a Frenchman who was going nowhere in the centre circle and virtually snapped him in 2. Straight off. Lost 2-1. I could have cried. Was genuinely so angry with my protege that I have basically told the press that he will never play for me again. I only wish I had kept on with the Bradford job so I could bury him in the reserves.

Archived