Non league to prem.Can it still be done?

This is unrealistic and shouldn't be possible. Maybe once in 1000 tries it should be doable, but not at the current rate.

Why shouldnt it be possible eh? Its only a game and some people like to take teams from the bottom to the top as their challenge. I know I like to take my favourite team from the BSP to the top.

in 09 and 10 done it a few times....

now im in my 1st try in 11 with gateshead, i gained back to back promotions to league 1.

i had a bit of a slow start in L1 but im crushing a lot of teams now and look to be bound for at least a playoff push. league one has always been the toughest league for me since all teams seem to be around the same level with the ones dropping from the championship having a pretty big advantage over everyone.

in 09 i had an amazing save with gateshead, i reached the championship with a pretty weak squad and only a late surge with a few new signings in january made me secure the last playoff spot in the last day, i went on to win the playoffs against reading who were the best team in the championship. i was down to 9 men in the 120 min and my CB score a screamer to gain promotion.... happy days :D

Why shouldnt it be possible eh? Its only a game and some people like to take teams from the bottom to the top as their challenge. I know I like to take my favourite team from the BSP to the top.

Sure, it's a game, but it is one that prides itself on being realistic.

So do you think that the matches should be fixed once you get promoted to stop you getting promoted again?

That actually game me quite an amusing thought...

There's those that want a "WIN" button, so to balance things, there should also be a "LOSE" button ;)

The only thing that stops this in real life is money.

And these non-league clubs cannot attract enough punters through the turnstyles no matter what division they end up in.

They don't have the money to keep their best players or replace them with quality.

And look what happend at Hornchurch a few years back, all the money they could want then the chairmans company gets into trouble and bang!! The preverbeal hits the fan.

However, in FM, this shouldn't be a problem.

I did try it in FM10 and got a few clubs to the championship, there I stalled because the finances caught up with me and I couldnt aford championship wages to bring in quality players. If I had percevered for a few seasons and avoided relegation, I woulda gained promotion, but I just lost interest tbh.

I think 10 years is pretty realistic in FM terms.

nothing is impossible. extremely unlikely yes, but not impossible.

one of the advantages we have as virtual managers is that if we have a free week we can fill it with 7 friendlies to generate extra money. our player search function is more detailed than what a lot of professional clubs have (not entirely sure as how true this is, but have heard a few stories about managers of premiership clubs buying SI's database, coupled with the fact that Sven used CM/FM to get his perfect man city team)

not entirely sure what could be done to make it harder to acheive this, but bear in mind that for every person in CSE detailing their rise and rise to the prem from the lower regions of non-league football, there are thousands of people trying and failing to get promoted once

It is still possible yes, although I haven't personally tried it. Myself and a friend have been progressing through the seasons, I've been at the helm of Oxford United and have managed back to back promotions to Championship, now in half way through my third season sitting 7th in the Championship.

However, my friend has been playing as Droylsden, and has taken them from Blue Square North to Premiership in 5 seasons, with back to back promotions. I certainly haven't made an database changes, or used any cheats, and I don't believe he has either.

He has taken a lot of time between seasons to bring the right players to the club and with careful management of funds, managed to get them to the Premiership. I believe he is currently in the off-season, about the begin life at the top.

In FM2009 I did manage to get Havant & W from Blue Square South to Premiership in successive seasons, and managed to get them into the Europa cup in my first season. I haven't managed anything as good since though.

Paul

what team has come close in real life?

If Doncaster can get promoted from the Championship

Many teams have gone from the bottom tier to the premier league in a decade or less. Blackpool for example. With careful management due to the nature of the game a BSS/N rise should be comparable to that of a L2 rise in real life, due to the easier nature of FM. Level 10 promotions push tat to the limit thogh...

has anybody taken a team from level 10 to the premiership yet?

You're looking at (I believe) the first guy to do so in me. I think I completed that challenge about 4 months after the game's release.

This is unrealistic and shouldn't be possible. Maybe once in 1000 tries it should be doable, but not at the current rate.

If you think about it, it most likely is about 1 in a 1000 tries. Think of the hundreds of thousands of people who play the game, and then decide how many managers are, um, managing to perform the feat... for all the people who (for example) sign up for Dafuge's challenge, only a fraction will actually achieve the target.

I took crawley from the conference to the Champions league in 6 seasons - that sort of stuff dont just go un-noticed. lol

But seriously, only made it to the Championship in FM10 with AFC Telford, hoping to better myself in this version!

In FM10 I took Rushden & Diamonds to Prem champions after many a year, never won Champs League though, my only regret with leaving that save!

This year i'm trying to do one better with FC United. Started in BSN, just began my season in League 2 (4th or 5th season). Reckon i'll be here for another season though, so there's still a long way for me to go yet!!

If you think about it, it most likely is about 1 in a 1000 tries. Think of the hundreds of thousands of people who play the game, and then decide how many managers are, um, managing to perform the feat... for all the people who (for example) sign up for Dafuge's challenge, only a fraction will actually achieve the target.

I think that's the sign of a mature AI.

The compter seems quite able to build competitive and cohesive squads in FM2011, of course there are always some things a player can learn to do better than the AI, but it should never be easy to dominate. You may be trying to take your Conference side up to the Premier League, but the AI will be trying to do the same thing as well, that's what makes even relatively smaller achievements like getting promoted one league, and staying up, really feel good in this game. To me at least - I play with LLM rules and (obviously) don't use FMRTE or anything similar.

Course it can. In FM10 I took Oxford from the BSP to the Premier League in 7 seasons. Went on to win the Premiership 5 times and the Champions Leauge and the Europa League.

Now trying to do the same with Gatehead in FM11 and got promoted out of the BSP into League 2 at the first time of asking.

Archived