I'm sorry but its pathetic...

Lets be honest, im so ****ed off.

I guide Spurs to their first ever champions league final, we hold Real Madrid for 92 minutes and 53 seconds, and then they go and score. Ok fine...but there was 2 minutes stoppage time.

I've checked over the extra time and there were no stoppages apart from the ball going out of play once (interesting after the 2 minutes allocated). So why the hell wasn't the whistle blown!!!!!!!!!

Im sure there will be some twats out there who will moan at me for this, but you know, it just doesn't happen. Well ok maybe the odd occasion, but then there are some reprecussions! So to go on with nobody realising we were cheated out of the champions league is pretty damn ridicolous!

If your gonna moan at this, dont bother. Its pretty ****y when you get so close and it is unfairly taken away from you.

****ing pathetic!

So, you were never in the lead?

So how did you have it "unfairly" taken away from you?

Seriously though, injury time shown is the minimum amount. The game ends when the referee blows the whistle and he is also unlikely to do it whilst the ball is in a final third (just like real life).

Ok I may be exaggerating, but you must understand I am gutted.

Yep I completely agree there, but the ball went out of play harmless just inside our half after around 2 minutes 30 seconds. Easy chance to blow there.

Ok I may be exaggerating, but you must understand I am gutted.

Yep I completely agree there, but the ball went out of play harmless just inside our half after around 2 minutes 30 seconds. Easy chance to blow there.

"The fourth official has indicated that there will be a minimum of two minutes stoppage time".

Minimum. If the referee wants to play 2:53 of stoppage time, he can only indicate "two minutes". If he indicates "three", he has to play at least 180 seconds of injury time.

I've actually had a couple of occasions of "extended" injury time. Both occasions, it was due to a foul, or an injury, the referee booking someone, or something along those lines. In cases like that, it's only fair to assume that those moments will be further added.

In real life,Steaua bucharest(my favorite team) played against Napoli.What do you think?there was 3 stoppage time indicated.so in min 93 match should end 3-2 for my team,steaua bucharest.BUT THE ****** REFREE STOPPED MATCH IN MIN 98 AFTER THEY EQUALIZED US IN MIN 97 AND CUZ OF THAT WE LOST THE QUALIFICATION.think about that...

I've actually had a couple of occasions of "extended" injury time. Both occasions, it was due to a foul, or an injury, the referee booking someone, or something along those lines. In cases like that, it's only fair to assume that those moments will be further added.

Agreed, but seeing as there was no stoppage - no reason to extend?

earlier this season Huddersfield had an amazing ELEVEN minutes of stoppage time... (real-life)

you'd have really pulled your hair out at that one, I bet?

But I have also noticed that the minimum stoppage time stated and the actual time played can differ massively... I had a 2mins come up one game and we were kind of holding on... and we still held on, right until the 96th minute when the referee remembered to look at his bloody watch!!! :mad:

Agreed, but seeing as there was no stoppage - no reason to extend?

Well in that case, we're back to what SCIAG pointed out. These things do happen and after all, if they didn't, you wouldn't ever have classic moments like these...

[video=youtube;brxOzO5mpcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brxOzO5mpcM

I know at least several Sheffield Wednesday fans who were at that match and share the same sort of disbelief you're sharing with us right now in this forum :D

Im sure to be shot if incorrect...

But do referees not have "Timekeeping" attributes in the game?

Just turns out you got a lousy one, forgot to check his watch the silly bugger.

In a side note, and mentioned above, it is a minimum. If the fourth official notes 2.59mins for stoggate time, he must display 2 minutes minimum...bit odd, but thats the way it is.

Referees are normally encouraged to blow the whistle on the dot when injury time will make no difference to the end result (ala captains accepting draw in last hour of a test match etc)

I still believe if rugby and such sports can stop the clock when play isnt on, why cant football?

Then again, gives us something to say doesnt it.

Unlucky chap, but, you and me both know, it'll happen again next year ;-)

law #7

Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:

• substitutions

• assessment of injury to players

• removal of injured players from the fi eld of play for treatment

• wasting time

• any other cause

The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee.

Lets be honest, im so ****ed off.

I guide Spurs to their first ever champions league final, we hold Real Madrid for 92 minutes and 53 seconds, and then they go and score. Ok fine...but there was 2 minutes stoppage time.

I've checked over the extra time and there were no stoppages apart from the ball going out of play once (interesting after the 2 minutes allocated). So why the hell wasn't the whistle blown!!!!!!!!!

Im sure there will be some twats out there who will moan at me for this, but you know, it just doesn't happen. Well ok maybe the odd occasion, but then there are some reprecussions! So to go on with nobody realising we were cheated out of the champions league is pretty damn ridicolous!

If your gonna moan at this, dont bother. Its pretty ****y when you get so close and it is unfairly taken away from you.

****ing pathetic!

you do know stoppage time is an advantage to you to you could have scored.

you do know stoppage time is an advantage to you to you could have scored.

That's what people seem to forget. He's talking as if his team walked off at 92 minutes leaving Real Madrid an open goal to shoot at to get the winner. Both sides have an equal opportunity to score in stoppage time

As a Liverpool fan I've seen this happen with The pool many many times last season. Mot as many times as I've seen it happen with United of course :p

It does happen in RL all the time mate. And it's also happened to me in the game many times. But the times when I've done the same to the opposition more than makes up for it.

as said above, the time on the board is the minimum time added on.

as for your game, did you watch the full game with your stopwatch or are you only viewing highlights? every time the ball goes off the pitch the ref stops his watch. in real it might take 5 seconds to continue play, it might take 25 seconds, even for something as simple as a throw-in. a throw-in is not generally considered as a key highlight so would not be shown.

i do have to agree though, very often in my games it will signal that x minutes will be added but in reality there will at least 2 more.

if you feel there is a genuine issue then upload some PKM files to the bug forum so they can look into it in more detail

Define "not very often on the game"? in 50% matches? 10%?

I think as he's happy with it, it's up to you to define how often it's happening.

Personally, I haven't had any games where it goes way over the allotted minimum time yet so how about 0% for a starting point?

In real life though, I've lost count of the depressing Saturday evenings after my team lost in extra injury time. That's football.

I can't write to the FA and complain that there's a bug can I?

Several managers have done, and been handed touchline bans - maybe one of the moderators should ban the moaners :)

Archived