How many job offers have you had while at a club?

I'm playing a journeyman career for the first time since FM08 and while I've managed to move quite easily between clubs, I've only been able to do it when out of contract, I've not received one job offer while at a club. I've been linked with plenty of jobs but no contract offers have been made.

Has anyone else had any?

Not had offers whilst at a club but I started in Brazil with Cruziero with Italian nationality and automatic past experience. In my first season won the Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League) but was sacked after just 10 games of the league season after a few loses (very cut throat in Brazil).

Since then i have been offered the Swansea and Leicester jobs in the Championship, a second division Mexican side, a Serie A Brazil side, the Catania job in Serie B Italy and FC Utrecht from the Dutch Eredivise (top league). I finally settled for the Pumas job in the Mexican top league and all these job offers were in the space of 4 months of my sacking.

I've managed Arsenal for five years and have received only one offer; Spain. Shame I'm already managing England otherwise I would have taken it.

Apparently I was favourite for the job at Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid but nothing materialised from that.

So it looks like journeyman careers are not playable right now until yet another patch/fix is released.

That isn't true, they are very much playable. I'd just like to know what I need to be doing to tempt another club to think I'm worth the compensation.

I've had a handful of job offers, including from Bayern Munich but I turned them all down to stay with the mighty Luton Town and mastermind their gallant return up the leagues. I haven't had any in the last couple of seasons though. Maybe they got the message?

To be honest, I do think I've had far fewer job offers than in previous versions of FM. I'm a bit of a sad journeyman careerist at heart so it would be a shame if they really are bugged.

Im in my 4th season managing Grasshoppers Club Zurich. My reputation is World Class, Club's reputation is Continental. Still, my current wage is £1 p/w. I've won 2 Champions Leagues, 3 Domestic League titles, 2 Swiss Cups, and 1 Club World Cup. I'm also managing Uruguay and have got them qualified for the World Cup in 2014. I have received 0 job offers till date.

I remember in FM10, the situation would have been much more different and more realistic.

That isn't true, they are very much playable. I'd just like to know what I need to be doing to tempt another club to think I'm worth the compensation.

If its playable but you only get job offers when you are out of contract it seems like a problem to me. On previous versions of FM I dont think I have ever been unemployed. I always move clubs when in contract but if that now dosent happen then it seems an issue. I noticed on another thread "Unbelievable, still not fixed" that in his case he won everything as hibs and scotland manager yet couldnt get a decent job outside of Scotland. Also see the post above as another example.

I'm anxious to start a journeyman game but sadly have not felt it was playable since release of the game so I'm waiting on the issues to be fixed.

I was offered several jobs whilst managing SC Cambuur in Holland.

Surely it has alot to do with the compensation fee a club has to pay for your services - for example, if you were a lower league club and you had a high reputation and you were ona short term contract, compensation would be very little, so they job offers should in theory flood in. However if you were a lower league club with a mid-low reputation, the teams that would want to hire you may not be interested in paying a compensation fee as there would maybe be slightly less talented or reputable managers who would be available on a free.

When I was at Cambuur, I was offered the Cluj job in romania, and only 50k compensation was needed, however when I applied to a bottom of the league Czech Club they rejected me for a regional rep manager who was unemployed, my reputation was national.

Hopefully I worded that right.

None so far.

Started unemployd automatic rep, won dutch 4th tier and a local cup. Was linked with some dutch clubs in the media, but they laughed when I showed interest.

Would be dissapointing if it stays this way. Makes a creer game worthwile. I'm always hugely flattered by spontaneous offers, and very willing to take any (even in lower or lower rep league than the one I'm in at that moment).

Last year as Cambridge United I went from BSP to Championship in about ten seasons and turned down at least a couple of jobs a year.

I'd like to do a save where I can move from a low rep club to a lightly less low rep club - without quitting first - and become a living legend that way rather than staying in the same place. (Like IRL.)

Is that possible in 2011? I don't think it is.

Would be very informative if people who post their 'story' in this topic would indicate how they started the game (employed? past experience? lower leagues playable?).

I can imagine that when you start a game with as a semi-pro footballer at a PL club and only the top leagues loaded, there's going to be more interst from big clubs. I guess this problem is more stubborn when in lower leagues.

I have most western european and scandinavian leagues loaded to the lowest standard FM11-levels, and added lower english (to 8th tier), german (5th tier) and dutch (4th tier) leagues.

I'm afraid my hope to ever get out of lower league england (now in 8th level) without 4 or 5 promotions at my current club is fading fast...

Started a career save with Hamilton in the SPL, did ok, got offered the Cardiff job out the blue whilst there. Moved to the Championship, got promoted 2nd season, spent another half season there before being offered Bari in Italy, so took it. During all that time I was never linked with any other job. Now at Bari in 2nd full season, was odds on favourite for Juve job, and responded that I'd be interested, they gave it to Baresi. Odds on favourite for AC Milan job, said nothing, and they gave it to someone else! So, on the one hand, yes I have been offered whilst at a club, on the other, been ignored for posts I'm favourite to get!

I've had quite a few. I've taken Stockport up to the Premiership and have had a lot of the way and countless speculation stories that the board and fans love when I dismiss :-)

Most bizarrely though i've just been offered the Villa job, who are 3rd after 9 games after Dave Jones left to become England manager!

I have 11.1.1 patch and on my Arsenal save during 2 seasons I've been linked to jobs several times (denied all speculations, 'cos I don't want to move) and once I've been offered a Championship level job and jobs in Spain and Germany, but can't recall the teams. In my LLM save in the Czech leagues (3rd season now) I've been offered jobs lots of times and been linked to jobs constantly as they are made open. But I haven't gotten offers to international managment on either save so far.

That was with 11.2.1

cool i just find it hard on that patch do u think there is problem with the getting jobs etc on new patch? i tried a wee test going unimployed with pro football right away i got offered motherwell job and sum random D3 spanish club what i found weird motherwell wanted me but stenhousemuir didnt.

Archived