How many job offers have you had while at a club?

Congrats mate.

So.....how are you gonna clean them out and disappear without a trace? ;)

At my time at man united I've been offered the brazil job which was a huge surprise. Since then no offers.

Your not going to get many offers while at Manchester United, because the club probably has one of top 3 Reps in the game. In other words, it would be a step down.

I've been offered the Inter and Real Madrid jobs while at Liverpool in my game, 4 1/2 seasons in. Along with a host of international jobs. Took the Italy one, quit it as they weren't adjusting to my tactics well, then took the England one after the 2014 world cup, when about 5-6 countries offered me the post. I'm gonna stay at the club till our new stadium is built(in planning) and then till it's fully expanded, then I'll leave by running out my contract. It'll be the first time I'll have had a new stadium!

I've had the chance to move quite a few times. I've also been rejected somewhat unfairly a few times.

Started Unemployed.

Got offered Nottingham Forest in Nov. Won automatic promotion.

Got offered Arsenal job without even applying after about 10 Premier League games. Took that.

Stayed at Arsenal for that season, the next one, and the start of the one after that.

Then I applied for the AC Milan job, and got that.

It's not broken by any means. I could have gone to a few other clubs too.

I've had the chance to move quite a few times. I've also been rejected somewhat unfairly a few times.

Started Unemployed.

Got offered Arsenal job without even applying after about 10 Premier League games. Took that.

Stayed at Arsenal for that season, the next one, and the start of the one after that.

Yeah, but what reputation did you start with?

While managing Airdrie I got an offer from Hibernian after getting Airdrie promoted from the third division to the first. I rejected and took Airdrie to the Premier League, and then got offered the Corinthians and Flamengo jobs. Didn't apply for any job. Sounds realistic enough to me.

It could be a gamebreaker for a journeyman career type game if it was completely impossible to get another job, but it isn't.

It is impossible for me to move from New Zealand on my current save. I think journeyman games depend on what league you start in you can achieve a world class reputation in a small or low reputation league and find it very very hard to get a job somewhere else at a decent level. Out of interest did you start your career in England?

While managing Airdrie I got an offer from Hibernian after getting Airdrie promoted from the third division to the first. I rejected and took Airdrie to the Premier League, and then got offered the Corinthians and Flamengo jobs. Didn't apply for any job. Sounds realistic enough to me.

Just wondering what was your starting manager reputation/past experience?

It is impossible for me to move from New Zealand on my current save. I think journeyman games depend on what league you start in you can achieve a world class reputation in a small or low reputation league and find it very very hard to get a job somewhere else at a decent level. Out of interest did you start your career in England?

Yes, I started in England, which probably allowed me to move from a 2 star league (League 1) to a 2.5 star league in Spain (Liga Adelante). I definitely think you need to get yourself noticed by playing in a high profile league to get a move abroad of any kind, which may cause me problems if I ever move to Wales.

What is the star rating for the NZ league? Does it compare directly with other leagues in your game?

Started at Ajax with automatic experience. After 10 seasons and winning the league 10x the CL 4x and the World Cup and Copa America (with Argentina) I haven't haven't had a single job offer. Not even while in the last year of my contract. I've been linked with a few top clubs but never as the first option and whenever I declare interest in a club playing in a league with a higher rep than the eredivisie I get laughed at. I've now been trying to apply to jobs but so far all have failed.

I really want a new challenge after winning it all with Ajax. Perhaps I can get a job when my contract expires but... meh.

edit

I'm running the English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Dutch and Belgian leagues.

Started Unemployed.

what patch tho are you on when all this happened?

I just got offered the Sao Paulo job, in my 4th season managing Grasshoppers Zurich. I also did an experiment, where I resigned from my job and went on holiday applying for all jobs. In a six month period unemployed, I got offered 11 jobs, none of them in the leagues ranked above my own league. I guess, you only get offered jobs in leagues ranked below your last league.

Yes, I started in England, which probably allowed me to move from a 2 star league (League 1) to a 2.5 star league in Spain (Liga Adelante). I definitely think you need to get yourself noticed by playing in a high profile league to get a move abroad of any kind, which may cause me problems if I ever move to Wales.

What is the star rating for the NZ league? Does it compare directly with other leagues in your game?

The New Zealand league is rated at half a star I based my set up on FM10 where I moved from NZ to Australia without any problems. For some reason this is not possible on FM11 it's a pity there is not a list of the star ratings of all the leagues, searching in game is a pain. Ia m guessing if I had loaded BSN and BSS I might have been able to move jobs. Trouble is if I want to do a game the style I want I would have to look up every league before I start just to make sure they all progress by half a star. A few people have trouble moving continents if they win everything in Africa they cannot move to Europe. I do not want to start again and get stuck after hours and hours of gameplay like last time.

The New Zealand league is rated at half a star I based my set up on FM10 where I moved from NZ to Australia without any problems. For some reason this is not possible on FM11 it's a pity there is not a list of the star ratings of all the leagues, searching in game is a pain. Ia m guessing if I had loaded BSN and BSS I might have been able to move jobs. Trouble is if I want to do a game the style I want I would have to look up every league before I start just to make sure they all progress by half a star. A few people have trouble moving continents if they win everything in Africa they cannot move to Europe. I do not want to start again and get stuck after hours and hours of gameplay like last time.

im sure there is someone in the game you can check the stars for the leagues

go into world then competitions you can see the league rep there

I know where to check in game but if I want a world journeyman game I will have to look up every continent and then make sure each continent has a league with the right amount of stars. If I pick South Africa then I will have to make sure there is a European league with only half a star higher. On FM10 I could just select a bunch of leagues and go for it. My save involves moving from continent to continent winning each ones champions league trophy.

I guess I do not want to end up for example build myself up in England win the European champions league then move to South Africa and win the African champions league. Then the reputation of the African league may lead to me not being able to move to South America.

Just wondering what was your starting manager reputation/past experience?

Automatic.

I'm in my fourth season at Boreham Wood and i have had two offers. Donegal Celtic at the end of the second season this was considered but rejected and at the beginning of the 4th season Kettering town got in touch offering me double my current wage, this was promptly rejected as i have morals.

As manager of Sporting I've been offered on two jobs, one was the Sao Paulo manager despite saying I had no interest in joining them and the other was to become manager of Porto which I promptly declined.

Wow, you rejected Porto? Don't want to take a step up from Sporting, link up with Moutinho and win the Liga Sagres then? :p

Its not broken...works fine

Started unemployed and sunday league footballer (the lowest)

After 6 months offered Dover job

Took them through 3 consect promotions and was offered a couple of jobs during the end of 2nd and third seasons.....all from slightly higher rep clubs in the same or lower leagues (this is how it should be imo)

In div 1 got offered sheff wed job (same league, much higher rep) and got them to prem in 2 seasons offered a couple of jobs.

Only been offered a job in a higher league once (although they were about to be relegated)

So in all been offered about 2-3 jobs a season since becoming quite successful.....now I am a National rep

Its MUCH more sensible than any previous version.....ie, i dont get offered man u just because i won BSS, BSP and Div 2

A journeyman career is now exactly that....expect to spend a couple of seasons in a job first!

Wow, you rejected Porto? Don't want to take a step up from Sporting, link up with Moutinho and win the Liga Sagres then? :p

After winning back to back titles with Sporting I think in the wacky world Football Manager from Sporting to Porto would be seen as a step down ;)

i feel the game needs tweaking in this area definatly. I have taken Antwerp from div 2 to champions of Belgium and champions league foorball for a few years running. My rep is continental yet i cant get jobs i should with ease. Managers who had National rep where getting jobs ahead of me despite the fact they have done zilch where i have trophys galore.

Yes my experience is much as the above poster.

Started a game as "professional footballer" at Porto in the Portuguese 1st League, with a couple of save-load in 2 full seasons and much successes (not only national) my reputation is “World Class” (btw, not a single job offer... but yet… I’ve Porto has “favorite” team).

Portugal national team fails in the Europeans; “Paulo Bento” gets the sack, I’ve the in-game age of 38, I apply to the job.

They receive the application, they don’t laugh (that is solved ;)), but a week later I failed to get the place and a manager with “National” reputation get’s it.

The same has happened to my applications to the England Job ("speak" English in-game) and to the Italian Job, although here in-game I didn’t spoke the language (In both these cases “National” reputation managers got the job).

Like others I think the all business here most likely isn’t a “bug”, but clearly a game balance issue with regards in how the game equates: Reputation--Wages--Possible club compensation for contract brake.

Although I know in RL a Porto manager hardly could be Portugal's Manger at same time, like for instances it happened with Mourinho, R. Madrid & Portugal (although privately there were no problems between the parts, the people at large were mostly against it so the guys in charge had no other option but to follow), the truth is in that particular game situation, I wouldn’t abandon the Porto job so no contractual compensation would have been paid (game terms).

I’m almost sure the game when choosing the next Portugal manger had into equation the Porto 1) financial compensation and also the 2) potential wage me “human” player would want.

1) For the first part, makes total sense in in-game terms if it was let’s say, Barcelona getting the Porto manager, but not National team sharing manager with a club (at most it would be for the club to accept or not).

It is clear to me, in regards with National Job situations, that when a “human” manger is involved, it shouldn’t be taken into account at an initial stage of the negotiation the “monetary compensation” factor since there is the in-game possibility of managing the 2 at same time.

2) For the second part the problem is related with the already well documented throughout the forum “wage inflation” problem (many times the lowest wage one can accept is above the maximum wage of the richest in-game clubs).

My “recommendation” in this regard (at same time countering the wage inflation problem) would be to go the “gamey” way; let the human player accept what wage he wants, well if not “any” wage, a small X % above the ass man already in the club for instances, after all, in RL there is a very well known manager who said “in his live he would want to manage is national team, money wasn’t the question, if need be, he would do it for free”.

I know many of the “recommendations” (sorry, but English isn’t my first language) at first sight go against one of the basic AI principles of the CM/FM series… the AI doesn’t distinguish between human and AI managers… well, let’s call it "positive discrimination" in this case. :D

Cheers & thanks for all the effort trying to balance all these in-game variables, :)

Archived