Fm10 > fm11

Just glancing across the forum it seems everyone is pretty much dissapointed with this years FM. There is usually a lot of criticism each year, but I think the really lacklustre effort this year has just annoyed most people. Its hard to understand how a game which usually gets better each year can actually take such a huge fall from last year.

Nah what you are seeing at this momment of time is the amount of whiners that have decieded to come out and cry that they don't have a push to 'win' button.

The game is heads and tails above FM10 making me wonder if FM10 was even worth the money I paid for it as to me it was a carbon copy of FM09 with a better ME

Nah what you are seeing at this momment of time is the amount of whiners that have decieded to come out and cry that they don't have a push to 'win' button.

The game is heads and tails above FM10 making me wonder if FM10 was even worth the money I paid for it as to me it was a carbon copy of FM09 with a better ME

Not true. The biggest moan ive seen so far, myself included, is the La Liga yellow card bug. Apart from that i think it's a vast improvement on last years game.

10.3 > 11.1 is what I mean

This year the transfer system is the worst I've ever seen it, player interaction is gamebreaking imho, player wage requests and signing on fees are extremely unrealistic, the press conferences and team talks and the same old boring crap, the match engine is ridden with bugs and much worse than 10.3 (which was the best since 7.3 imho) and to top it off the skin is rubbish as usual (i know its fixable, but still... nobody has liked the default FM skin for the past few years, when will they figure out that nobody wants their FM to look like a Facebook app?)

The only improvement that I do like is the news/mailbox merger, back to how it was on FM07.. took them 4 years to figure that out, so maybe I should wait another 2-3 years before this player interaction is any good... and i'd be interested in dynamic league rep, but i'm not changing from the great 10.3 just for that

Just glancing across the forum it seems everyone is pretty much dissapointed with this years FM. There is usually a lot of criticism each year, but I think the really lacklustre effort this year has just annoyed most people. Its hard to understand how a game which usually gets better each year can actually take such a huge fall from last year.

There are some issues, but even with them, Im more into this game then FM10. All these issues will get sorted out and I think this will be the best FM to date.

This year the transfer system is the worst I've ever seen it, player interaction is gamebreaking imho, player wage requests and signing on fees are extremely unrealistic, the press conferences and team talks and the same old boring crap, the match engine is ridden with bugs and much worse than 10.3 (which was the best since 7.3 imho) and to top it off the skin is rubbish as usual (i know its fixable, but still... nobody has liked the default FM skin for the past few years, when will they figure out that nobody wants their FM to look like a Facebook app?)

The only improvement that I do like is the news/mailbox merger, back to how it was on FM07.. took them 4 years to figure that out, so maybe I should wait another 2-3 years before this player interaction is any good... and i'd be interested in dynamic league rep, but i'm not changing from the great 10.3 just for that

i still disagree. So far i'm yet to have any problems with interaction or agents on 11.1, its much improved from the demo and it ads so much to the game its been brilliant.

Apart from one on ones i'm not sure that there are any other bugs in the ME.

Again this is more exaggeration of small problems in a truly brilliant game. Other than the spanish and french suspension bugs i'm not sure there are any huge problems not to mention the transfer market seem sto be improved from fm 10 when there were ridiculous requests from AI clubs for average players.

Not true. The biggest moan ive seen so far, myself included, is the La Liga yellow card bug. Apart from that i think it's a vast improvement on last years game.

What's not true. - yeh there is one 'bad bug' in the game that's true but if you look at the posts other people are complaining about for example

that there are too many long shots, - not true - it's their tactics :)

the players agents are bullying them into deals - people don't seem to know how to handle player negotiaons very well and get upset if it's not going thier way when in fact I feel this is a accurate repenstation of a contract negotiation - sometimes you can't negotiate and just bite the bullitt

player interaction is poor when they just don't know how to handle it very well - Don't get me wrong it ain't great but it ain't bad either. I have managed to, in the season that i have played, quell any unhappyness in players in all but one case so it's people who are doing things wrong themselves not the game.

tbh It's getting a bit tiresome all these complaints when all there is really is one slightly bad error in the game that osn't affect everyone

Not really.

The match engine doesnt have any bugs I can see; and the new 3D animations are far better than 10.3. The transfer system isnt broken. People just whine because they want to buy the best players at unrealistically low prices. There are also a bunch of little unnoticed features that improve the immersive quality of the game.

Now, SI has dropped the ball on several UI aspects that will hopefully be solved quickly. Overall, its a great game.

It's essentially the same pattern every year.. from the initial sharing of experiences and the more obvious bugs to the flood of whine once the people that only show up around release time retreat back into their game. ^^

Personally I came here to check if there had been any mention of a (possible) minor bug I noticed, otherwise you wouldn't have seen me post till the FM2012 announcement. ;)

This happens every single year. A bunch of people will come on and complain about things that aren't bugs at all but because they aren't winning every game they will complain.

Those who are loving the game are either busy playing the game or simply choose to avoid the forums while all the moaning goes on in the early days (myself included usually)

Ummm... i think there are more likely bunch of hardcore fans trying to make objective people see there way, which is not the right one. FM 2012 is not enjoyable game as for now. You don't find any logic in tactics and players moving on field like bunch of kids from Sunday little league.

How anyone can think this game has improved is beyond me? the amount of times fullbacks, wingers and strikers start runs just outside their 18 yard box, take on the whole opposition before tucking away their shot is nothing short of pathetic.

If that was'nt bad enough, you then have to witness awful players scoring wonder goals from 40 yards out, whilst your "good" strikers miss 4 open goals a game.

Yeah, sorry, its great!

Ummm... i think there are more likely bunch of hardcore fans trying to make objective people see there way, which is not the right one. FM 2012 is not enjoyable game as for now. You don't find any logic in tactics and players moving on field like bunch of kids from Sunday little league.

Well tbh i'm not really a 'diehard fan' as I will critizise the game if need be. The opinion I give is an 'honest opinion' because as far as the game goesthere is not much to critizise.

As for your comment how do you know next years game is like that. you got some sort of magic ball? :p

How anyone can think this game has improved is beyond me? the amount of times fullbacks, wingers and strikers start runs just outside their 18 yard box, take on the whole opposition before tucking away their shot is nothing short of pathetic.

If that was'nt bad enough, you then have to witness awful players scoring wonder goals from 40 yards out, whilst your "good" strikers miss 4 open goals a game.

Yeah, sorry, its great!

i honestly havent seen any of that, if your opposition is running the full field and scoring then quite simply it is your tactics. People are too quick to call something a bug when there is a more reasonable answer right in front of them that they just don't want to see.

Again its exaggeration at its worst and every year the forums seem to be weighed down with these rather pitiful posts.

I guess it's all down to opinions. Me? I couldn't really get into FM10 and FM09 never got a fair crack of the whip for me as I was too busy playing FM08. This game, however, is fffb for me. The ME is vastly improved. Players are scoring realistic goals (tap ins, scrambles, long range, headers, keeper howlers, miskicks, deft finishes, the lot. Only thing I'm yet to see is a chip). The media interaction is still a bit of a chore, but the fact it's now one click instead of two is a massive improvement.

Player interaction is OK, but I look forward to when there is more choice.

In terms of feedback, it's been pretty good from FM fans this year, the massive shame is the Spanish league bug, because without that it would have been overwhelmingly positive. But as someone else said, you will find that those who want to criticise the game are more vocal than those who want to praise it.

i honestly havent seen any of that, if your opposition is running the full field and scoring then quite simply it is your tactics. People are too quick to call something a bug when there is a more reasonable answer right in front of them that they just don't want to see.

Again its exaggeration at its worst and every year the forums seem to be weighed down with these rather pitiful posts.

And even more pitiful replies.

The dribbling and running with the ball thing works both for and against, plus, i have been informed it IS an issue and being looked at.

The worst thing about these Forums, is people defending the game and swearing nothing is wrong, even when there's a known issue.

Probably why so few bugs and issues are fixed.

The dribbling and running with the ball thing works both for and against, plus, i have been informed it IS an issue and being looked at.

The worst thing about these Forums, is people defending the game and swearing nothing is wrong, even when there's a known issue.

While that is annoying (and I saw an example where someone said they had the Spanish league bug and another player said that he didn't have it even though EVERYONE has it), I think far worse is the people who massively exaggerate their problems. It happens with different things every year (injuries, losing when outplaying the opposition, long shots, etc, etc) and far more often than not the poster cannot back up their wild exaggerations.

i had the whole long shot, to many missed chances, defenders going missing blah blah blah and all i did was keep tweeking my tactics and low and behold things gradually got better to the point where i managed to get posh into the playoffs in the championship in my 2nd season, as for the player interaction, i dont think there is many problems there either, ive had players getting unhappy but its nothing i cant deal with, but at the end of the day everyone has a different way of playing the game and i think that is half the problem

It's the manner in which people raise bugs that I have a problem with; threads that start with "FFS SI SORT THIS OUT NOW OTHERWISE I'M AM NEVER BUYING FROM YOUR RUBBISH COMPANY AGAIN" deserve to be closed and the author warned for their conduct.

There will always be bugs with newly released software, this is the reality of developing software, so i'm not sure anyone is pretending there is nothing wrong with it.

Every year I've been on these forums it's the worst game ever. Yet every year people go out and buy it again.

If you just play the game, you probably won't ever notice the "game-breaking" bugs other people report. I played FM10 for 32 seasons on the same save on 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3 and only noticed one bug. Which wasn't game-breaking, however much some people will try and convince you it is (the HG at club/nation issue). I'm not saying the bugs aren't there, just that people get their knickers in a twist far too much over stuff that doesn't matter that much.

FWIW, I think the criticism of FM09 was slightly justified, it just didn't feel right to me, and I can't see myself going back to it. FM10 and FM11 on the other hand, are both excellent, and I'll be playing them both over the coming year, and quite simply enjoying myself.

I have to disagree with the OP as after playing this for a couple of days Ive really enjoyed it more than the other iterations of the FM series. With the Dynamic League Rep I feel like I can really commit to a long-term Celtic save without being stifled.

I can see from your post count that you 'probably' haven't been around these forums for many versions of FM. In my opinion the forums seem quieter with not as many complaints as I have seen with other FM releases (Maybe I'm wrong but it does feel that way).

I think my only complaint is it doesn't feel like this game should be charged at £30 (ish) as it just looks like an add on and doesn't feel much different to last years FM.

There's no doubt this is the best version of Football Manager. Ever. I liked 08 but since then I thought they lost their touch a little bit and I wasn't too sure about FM10 but this one is a massive step in the right direction. I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it.

Sure, there might still be bugs in the game, but I haven't noticed them and ignorance is bliss. I don't play the french or spanish league so the bug there doesn't bother me even though I can appreciate the frustration people have that do.

I have noticed a few irritating niggles and the Match Engine can be a bit weird sometimes, but it's not game-breaking by any means and it doesn't spoil the entertainment I've had since the game arrived last Friday. I can definitely see myself playing the game 3-4 months down the line, something I would not do with FM09 or FM10 and that's why I never purchased them in the first place.

i'm not saying there's nothing wrong though but again please feel free to believe whatever you want.

The game is nowhere near as bad as many recent threads have suggested. You seem to think that fm 11 isn't an improvement on fm 10 but if you actually had constructive criticisms and an impartial view you would realise how foolish that is.

Yes there are issues but the level of exaggeration demonstrated by you and several other posters is boderline disgraceful.

Just to give my two pennies...

I have bought every new release for years but I always find myself going back to FM 2007 as I have been unable to really get my teeth into the more recent versions of the game.

Im glad to say that I think I will now finally lay the 2007 version to rest after playing this version. I am really impressed with the developments in the 3D match engine which feels more realistic then the 09/10 versions and I think the tactic layout now has the right balance in terms of realism, difficulty and gameplay.

I think my only complaint is it doesn't feel like this game should be charged at £30 (ish) as it just looks like an add on and doesn't feel much different to last years FM.

Most people paid around £25 for it which I think is pretty reasonable for a computer game. I think most of the improvements have been made beneath the hood and isn't entirely visible from the start, that's why you feel like nothing's changed. There aren't many bells and whistles in each version anyway so why anyone would expect this year to be any different is strange.

And judging someone's experience of FM on their postcount is pretty stupid. I've been around since the first CM but my postcount is low.

FM06 > FM07 > FM08 > FM09 > FM10 > FM11

Yet another proof economy works in mysterious ways - according to some people each new FM is worse than it's predecessor and still, SI manage to sell more copies of every new FM. Some may say I'm crazy, but what I think is happening is that each SI employee purchases 5000 copies of new FM on release date, just to keep themselves employed.

Now, it's only a conspiracy theory, so don't get too excited. Might as well be that 90% of FM sales happen thanks to gnomes, who buy every available copy in order to make profit in accordance with their plan:

1) Buy copies of FM

2) ????

3) Profit!

Got it? I don't get it.

its the same thing every year. the slightest issue and everyone comes on here declaring their hatred for SI the testers, the game and everyone but themselves because they cant win every game.

there have always been bugs in the games and there always will. no matter how many developers and testers work on the game, and even if the game was released every 2, 3 or 5 years the magnitude of FM is so large that it is pretty much impossible to make a truly flawless game.

i love the statement "everyone is disappointed with fm11"

oh really? wasn't sure i made my feeling known on this matter but thanks for that

no mate the truth is you only see people complaining never praising so i reckon the balance will be 60-40 who are enjoying the game to those who are not until a patch is released

The people who are enjoying it are the ones who are likely to put up with crap though.. the type of people who get walked over in real life, who can't haggle, who haven't got the balls to stand up for themselves.. or just your run of the mill fanboy who will defend it no matter what

Lets be honest with ourselves, its a bug ridden mess.. will it be sorted in the next patch? Highly unlikely - by 11.3 it might, but its just a disgrace these game developers release half-made games that they surely know aren't working properly. Its not just SI, its all games developers these days.. Fifa has been a mess this year, as has the new Fallout for bugs.. look at the makers of the new Gran Turismo for how to make a game - they have delayed it so long, but you know when it comes out its going to be a masterpiece because they've taken their time.

Of course the blame can't lie entirely at SI's feet, because they have to answer to Sega who will force dates on them, but it is just an insult to the paying customers of this game every year that it never works properly otu of the box, not even to a sufficient level by most people's standards

And judging someone's experience of FM on their postcount is pretty stupid. I've been around since the first CM but my postcount is low.

If you read what I said properly I stated that he 'probably' hasn't been around on the forums for a lot of FM's. This was not a judgment but an observation which lead me to my next point; He probably wasn't around to see how much spam and complaining there was, in these forums, for other FM releases.

Not at any point did I judge his FM experience on his post count, and to post that I'm 'stupid' when you have quite clearly not read, or understood my post properly, is in itself, stupid.

Well done for completely failing to understand my post :thup:

The people who are enjoying it are the ones who are likely to put up with crap though.. the type of people who get walked over in real life, who can't haggle, who haven't got the balls to stand up for themselves.. or just your run of the mill fanboy who will defend it no matter what

Lets be honest with ourselves, its a bug ridden mess.. will it be sorted in the next patch? Highly unlikely - by 11.3 it might, but its just a disgrace these game developers release half-made games that they surely know aren't working properly. Its not just SI, its all games developers these days.. Fifa has been a mess this year, as has the new Fallout for bugs.. look at the makers of the new Gran Turismo for how to make a game - they have delayed it so long, but you know when it comes out its going to be a masterpiece because they've taken their time.

Of course the blame can't lie entirely at SI's feet, because they have to answer to Sega who will force dates on them, but it is just an insult to the paying customers of this game every year that it never works properly otu of the box, not even to a sufficient level by most people's standards

What a load of rubbish, a bug ridden mess? as people have already pointed out to you there is only one major issue which is the suspension bug. Other than that theres very little wrong yet you feel the need to complain.

Why is it that its a minority that are complaining? You will probably continue to ignore every reasonable post in a deluded quest to criticise a good game. If you don't want to play it then don't, but don't try to convince other people they're only enjoying a game because they're people who get walked over in real life, what complete nonsense.

Generalise much?

There is far lass angst and negativity around this FM than I've ever seen during a previous release.

Hyperbole like this is what regular posters on here hate. You probably label us fanboys, but we're not. Constructive criticism is always welcomed and I've hate plenty of negative things to say over the years, but tripe like this serves no purpose other than to **** people off. Calling it a bug ridden mess when it clearly isn't makes any argument you may have lose credibility. Learn to post in a mature way if you want to be taken seriously

i think thread is done. Its pretty clear that the OP is frustrated at the game as he is having difficulties with it and has moved on to insulting people. Was hoping he had, as im sure we all have, posted this thread as he had just had a huge amount of frustration built up and was in the heat of the moment, unfortunately not.

OP, again if your copy of the game is full of bugs, post them where they should be posted to be looked at, there is no point in coming on here and insulting people, it will not get these "bugs" fixed.

Archived