FM2009...can you wait for it?

A bit too early to talk about this but have to start somewhere...I think I can wait...enjoying FM2008 at the moment. But hopefully I think it will be much more stuff in it than FM2008 had only because FM's rivals are catching up fast so SI will have to do good and believe they can.

FM's rivals are hardly catching up.

If anything, FM is pulling away as the greatest football management game ever.

It is the most realistic and easily the most fun. Just nothing compares to it.

FM 09 will be the best yet, no doubt about it.

Originally posted by B. Stinson:

I can wait, 'cause I'm not buying it.

Next game for me will be 2010... if they're back on track by then.

LOL, disgusted with FM 08, I take it?

I've been so busy the last few months, I've hardly had time to play and enjoy-or hate-FM 08.

I hope they dont just do a data update and actually put some good new features in, 08 started off pretty annoying imo and i didnt start seriously playing it till 8.0.2 so I probably wont buy it till it has a patch out.

Originally posted by tom69er:

I hope they dont just do a data update and actually put some good new features in, 08 started off pretty annoying imo and i didnt start seriously playing it till 8.0.2 so I probably wont buy it till it has a patch out.

why do u want that? The more fetures they add the more chance that they will **** it up again. The ideas they had for Fm 08 where good all they need to do for 09 is stabilise it and maybe improve the match engine, confidence system and make sure no massive unfixable bugs are there.

Originally posted by Steady Teddy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Stinson:

I can wait, 'cause I'm not buying it.

Next game for me will be 2010... if they're back on track by then.

LOL, disgusted with FM 08, I take it?

I've been so busy the last few months, I've hardly had time to play and enjoy-or hate-FM 08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm not disgusted with it. I just don't think it's anything special. I know I could have stuck with 2007, and tapped the same entertainment out of that.

...I am, however, disgusted with SI. Their complete turnaround in community support really has me doubting the potential I saw just a little over a year ago. And as a result, I'm gonna be very cautious with all future releases... skipping 2009 to see how it's received, and if it's highly positive, I think I'll be able to trust them enough to go for 2010.

i never understand the bug problems, i have never had a problem with confidance, the corner bug only effects you if you set you players to use it so i dont understand why people complain, transfers are not even that bad i mean who knows what transfers are going to be like in 10 years, arnt madrid going to bid £100million for ronaldo ??? i mean if you have to wait till the patch comes out you got really get out more just accept the game as it is if there are improvements with the patch great but this year was the first time i ever patched a FM and i really didnt notice the diffrence

Originally posted by Navie:

A bit too early to talk about this but have to start somewhere...I think I can wait...enjoying FM2008 at the moment. But hopefully I think it will be much more stuff in it than FM2008 had only because FM's rivals are catching up fast so SI will have to do good and believe they can.

What rivals?! icon_confused.gif

Premier Manager: horrible crap

CM 08: Ugh I uninstalled it less than an hour after install

Originally posted by Alurny:

FM 08 was more of a step across than forward for me. I hope they can get it right, and I can enjoy the game like I used to, 08 just doesn't feel right in places.

Yup, agreed.

I'm really looking forward to 09 begin great and am very curious to see what they get in it.

I hope it's more than "improved this and that" but I can't think what they CAN add in so yeah I'm most curious about the new features (if any).

I HATE the match engine of FM08.

Most matched I have unrealistic shots on goal (20 or so, some times more..WTF!) as Arsenal and STILL lose when the other team only has like 5 shots on goal.

It just drives you mad, I know that can happen in real life (well except the 30+ shots on goal) but really not as often as it happens to me.

Anyway I guess that's the game trying to be challenging by CHEATING.

Anywho, ranting a side, hopefully FM09 will get me addicted again.

i will buy fm no matter what because i love it. i am a true fan and nothing will stop me, so what its a few bugs and that. i love football and that is all to be said so this game fits the bill for me no matter what icon_wink.gif

i've reinvested an interest in this game many times. i have two career games which i switch every season end, and i've just started a new fake-player game. i did the same on fm07, but as soon as fm08 came out, i was on it immediately. i'll do the same when fm09 comes out. despite some initial backward steps and a sickening skin, fm08 is a good game. i'd expect fm09 to contain new bugs, but no more old ones, and of course, a better skin.

so yes, i can wait, & no, i can't wait. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by fmfan08:

i will buy fm no matter what because i love it. i am a true fan and nothing will stop me, so what its a few bugs and that. i love football and that is all to be said so this game fits the bill for me no matter what icon_wink.gif

Ditto, my friend.

That sort of attitude is why games don't progress. FM08 was a step backwards. FM09 will be better I'm sure but I agree with everythig that B. Stinson said.

personaly i thought that yes- there was problems with 08- BUT

there were plenty of positives such as all the features added, i mean there arnt many i dont like.

I am very happy with Fm 08 and i dont think it was a step back, i think the opposite

i went on fm07 yesturday and quit i like 5 minutes because i really disliked some of it after 08. Especially the Skin!!!

Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

I ahvnt bought FM until the 2nd patch comes out since 05! lol. I just keep playing the old one until they get rid of the most annoying bugs, so I can defo wait icon_cool.gif

I agree totally mate. After being shafted with FM08 on release date I will wait for FM09 to be 'patched' before I even consider buying it. After the farce of 08 I have a feeling that their will be a few more with the same idea......

S.I. you have been warned.

FM08 was the first I didnt buy - totally broken in places as far as I'm concerned is a massive let down. I've banged on countless times that a company like SI, that makes the same game year after year, really should have a better testing method.

There are few games that I lose myself in, thinking I'm a footie manager is superb. But you get a massive slap round the face when the setting is broken by stuff like the confidence system.

Ultimately I'd be happy if they could release a game that worked well out of the box that didnt require patching for MAJOR mistakes. Oh, and the skin sucked icon_wink.gif (I know there is another group that loved it).

There are quite a few scenarios in FM that SI either havent thought about and managed or blatantly skip without any intention of covering.

It's not so bad when you play a friendly against your reserve side and the commentary engine treats it like any other league match, I can accept them not bothering here (just) but when its a new, highly promoted, feature like confidence system that doesnt take account of a player taking over towards end of season (doesnt update objectives) then thats just rubbish design.

I do not know if SI have a couple of full-time designers there (I kind of imagine the design 'team' is made up of lead coders and management with input from whole team). That, if you ask me and I know you wont, is where the problem lies. The scenarios within FM are complex and become ever more so with each new feature added.

You cant expect a coder to design and implement a module alone. I dont care if its passed off through peer review or team review, someone has to piece the whole thing together alonside the coders.

Rant over icon_wink.gif

I always look forward to the next version.

My problem is I always download the demo and like the features/speed so much that I rarely go back to the old, full, version.

If FM09 comes with a working match engine, fixed confidence (including negative stuff about selling players rather than just buying them), infinitely vastly massively incredibly stupendously improved media engine, a Flex skin and a working transfer system, I'll be first in the queue.

VB

Great one! Current AI really doesn't has any intelligence and all events & situations happend within the game don't connenct each other logically well enough. SI really should do some more intricate things more carefully and thoughtfully. Please make the game sound and complete.

Originally posted by T4RG4:

FM08 was the first I didnt buy - totally broken in places as far as I'm concerned is a massive let down. I've banged on countless times that a company like SI, that makes the same game year after year, really should have a better testing method.

There are few games that I lose myself in, thinking I'm a footie manager is superb. But you get a massive slap round the face when the setting is broken by stuff like the confidence system.

Ultimately I'd be happy if they could release a game that worked well out of the box that didnt require patching for MAJOR mistakes. Oh, and the skin sucked icon_wink.gif (I know there is another group that loved it).

There are quite a few scenarios in FM that SI either havent thought about and managed or blatantly skip without any intention of covering.

It's not so bad when you play a friendly against your reserve side and the commentary engine treats it like any other league match, I can accept them not bothering here (just) but when its a new, highly promoted, feature like confidence system that doesnt take account of a player taking over towards end of season (doesnt update objectives) then thats just rubbish design.

I do not know if SI have a couple of full-time designers there (I kind of imagine the design 'team' is made up of lead coders and management with input from whole team). That, if you ask me and I know you wont, is where the problem lies. The scenarios within FM are complex and become ever more so with each new feature added.

You cant expect a coder to design and implement a module alone. I dont care if its passed off through peer review or team review, someone has to piece the whole thing together alonside the coders.

Rant over icon_wink.gif

eh..as much as im always disappointed by the lack of any real new features its still a must buy for me. Hopefully it will have less bugs then the previous releases but i still managed to work around them so its not really such a deal breaker for me. Besides it gives me something to bitch about on the forum icon_smile.gif

I will get the demo and i will play some matches , if i win all of them where i am the best team (or lose because AI team played nice -no 1 shot goal thing) so the product is a game and i will consider buying it , if i get any "unlucky" result then the product is a "simulation" so i will not buy.

If i start to consider buying it then i will look deeper before making a decision.

The graphic and “look-and-feel†are outdated. I don’t want a 3D match engine, but if you compare FM with the other games, there in the graphic stone-age. The first concern and priority lies with licenses for leagues and players names. Second will be the ME but 3de will be the Graphics.

For the first time in over a decade, I really wouldn't care if the next FM wasn't released at all. 08 is awful and it managed to kill my love for the series. I had more fun playing Driv3r for god's sake! I can forgive a game for not being tops, but I just can't forgive the attitude shown from some of the SI guys.

I haven't visited this site for over a month and from what I see neither have the SI people. I would be hiding too if I had to defend 08 to the disappointed fans.

I stopped caring for SI when I saw Miles Jacobson attack a user, calling him a pirate that steals the food from his children's mouths and other stuff and then later, when it became apparent that other legitimate buyers had the same problem due to bad game coding, Miles hid away without even apologising. Now there's a guy that I don't want to support with my money. I've seen him attack and offend other users too, but this was the worst case of all.

It's a shame really, because SI were pioneers in the gaming industry with all the fan orientated attitude, but now they look to me like a money-hungry bunch that doesn't give a toss about what their fans think, as long as SEGA pays their wages.

Finally, I wouldn't touch FML with a 10 foot pole. In my mind, it is FML that was the death of FM as we knew it. R.I.P. good old days.

Is there a reason to get all that hyped up for the game if you already own a previous version? Like FM08? Don't get me wrong, I dig FM, I've just never been that excited for yearly updates at all. This doesn't apply to FM only.

Never say never, though!

Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

It's ages away yet so to be honest I'm not really thinking too much in to it.

On a side note, what the hell it's June tomorrow already!? Where has this year gone!?

know what you mean mate, its gone so fast. i think its the awful weather disguising the time flying by.

aside note i cant wait either!

Originally posted by Scott1990:

No I cannot wait. What am I to do? Please, I need advice.

get drunk and go to pubs, clubs and bars

or if ur under 18 hang around a street corner like a chav

yeah just play fm08 again and again!

Originally posted by T4RG4:

Oh, and the skin sucked icon_wink.gif (I know there is another group that loved it).

i love the skin, i really like fresh, white designs and i thought it was the best SI have done so far!

Originally posted by llama3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T4RG4:

Oh, and the skin sucked icon_wink.gif (I know there is another group that loved it).

i love the skin, i really like fresh, white designs and i thought it was the best SI have done so far! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree the skin was one of the best changes IMO!

Very well put! I agree I can see past a few flaws, yeah i can see things wrong with 08 but that dont stop me playin, i may not get 09 straight away although i always say that and get caught up in the hype i come on here and read how people are loving it and think what the hell! but ive barely played this years version as much as last so i think il get my moneys worth out of 08 first lol

Archived