Best 14-year-old ever?

Yes I thought so too. I started my game halfway through the season though (Jan 2010 - starting date for the Russian league) and then took over at Dresden. In the first backroom meeting my assman suggested this guy was going to be a real talent so I had a look at his profile, and in fact he was already miles better than the rest of the squad combined :D Good thing I heeded the assman's advice and bothered to look at him, otherwise he'd still be firing his Walther for the U19 squad week in week out :D

Players like this needs to be used like Ledley King. There stats won't grow quickly. I used some 14 y/o in Germany before for a whole season. He didn't develop much and was injured (using young players too much gets them have bad fitness think of Gerrard, he grew too quickly, played too soon and now is injury prone).

They need to be rotated in and won't grow (stats wise) until the earliest at 16. They are sub players or rotation.

Play him all the time and by the time he's 24 he'll want a new challenge.

Keep him in the reserves, give him a few cup games a season.

When he hits 17/18 then start playing him more.

By the age of 20 he should be a regular starter.

I think that would have more to do with the labour law of the country your club is based in.. As in, maybe in some countries playing a 14-year-old would be regarded as child labour? Or is there some sort of universal regulation imposed by FIFA not allowing children to play amongst adults? All I know is that the game allows me to play him and I'm happy enough as it is :p

I have a similar player that's a AMC/ST. I bought him when he was 15 and slapped him into my under 18 squad, even though the AI AssMan regularly uses him for the Reserve Games. He also plays for this nation's U19 team. I figured I can't start playing him in the first team just yet because he might not develop properly, but I am unsure if I am right. Should these players be allowed time to develop, or do we give them first team play right away? So far I had him tutored by Steven Gerrard and is learning from Dirk Kuyt currently, but at 16 and a half he hasn't made any first team apps.

Not particually the best 14 year old in the game, but certainly the youngest!

I started a new game using patch 10.3 and got a news article after my first game as Stafford Rangers boss that this guy had become the youngest ever BSN player at the age of 14 years 132 days old for Blyth so I decided to check his profile.

9younder18.jpg

I also checked his personality. He's supposedly volatile, confrontational and media-friendly at the same time.

So Blyth have falsified his registration to the FA and have got a 9 year old playing first team football! The recession must have hit them hard!?!

I started a new game using patch 10.3 and got a news article after my first game as Stafford Rangers boss that this guy had become the youngest ever BSN player at the age of 14 years 132 days old for Blyth so I decided to check his profile.

<snip>

I also checked his personality. He's supposedly volatile, confrontational and media-friendly at the same time.

So Blyth have falsified his registration to the FA and have got a 9 year old playing first team football! The recession must have hit them hard!?!

Well at least he's getting paid! I'm sure any 9 year old would be delighted with 5 quid a week! :D And at 185cm tall, he must be one of the tallest 9 year olds around! What's that 6 feet? :p

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone cares but here's an update:

I'm in March 2012, and the kid has been sulking for almost a year saying he wants to leave. I'm holding out till he signs a professional contract in June, which hopefully makes him happy again, but if he doesn't I can sell him for more cash anyway.

He has skipped training once and his attributes haven't improved at all despite banging in goals with regularity.

wbfIF.png

And another decent 14-year-old (now 15) I've got:

F9kBX.png

9younder18.jpg

Are you sure he's a regen? It seems unlikely as he has started at the beginning of the first season (I know they can be introduced later) and he has no picture. He's not on my database though. Is this guy on the database: Mauricio Baldivieso (remember anything about 12 year old makes debut...)?

I think that would have more to do with the labour law of the country your club is based in.. As in, maybe in some countries playing a 14-year-old would be regarded as child labour? Or is there some sort of universal regulation imposed by FIFA not allowing children to play amongst adults? All I know is that the game allows me to play him and I'm happy enough as it is :p

If you only play him for 2 weeks you can say it's work experience;)

Archived