Worst AI transfer ever?

Ah.. Real Madrid. Much can be said about their transfer policy in the last years but nothing screams Real like throwing insane amount of money on world megastars. Of course a day came when that also changed and they ended up signing this dude for the amazing sum of 57 mil.euro

My 20/20 scouts say he is a useful player at best but judge for yourselves:

Stats:

http://i47.tinypic.com/b4yv54.png

Games:

http://i47.tinypic.com/14ca8ue.png

Best part is - the guy is unhappy and "Wants to leave" because he was treated badly. I've never seen the AI buy a random guy for so munch money.

Was that a dubious decision? :D:D:D

** UPDATE! **

Here is the current condition of our beloved player after his pretty tough period with R.Madrid:

http://i47.tinypic.com/29n9poj.png - he got a real price tag too :D

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ir7t6c.png

And the report of my 20/20 scout (again):

http://i47.tinypic.com/2d9qnau.png

good tackler/marker. Really fast and good acceleration. Decent corner taker, seems to seldom make mistakes. Id have picked him as backup anytime, he may even be better with the right training. I guess his recc. is Continental. Plays for the Polish national team. Decent free kick taker as well. Last 5 games;7,52. Way too expensive imo, but this can also be because "someone" has made extreme signings lately, thus driving the rpices up to unreal levels?

Not looking at his stats I see a 23 fullback having played great matches in all divisions. Based on that... a great signing.

Im pretty sure his other stats would say he enjoys big matches and has a great personality.

If they have 57 million to spend and only lack a back, why not...

Real Madrid are notorious for spending ludicrous amounts of money on half-rate or has-been players on FM. They bought fat Ronaldo for £9.5m on my game and he retired a year later.

I'm sure that if I load my saved game and browse their transfer history I would find more.

Maybe not the worst transfer ever, but Real Madrid bought Marek Jankulovski in my journy man game in 2010... They only paid 1,4mill, but i still thinks its a pretty bad deal, his salary is 30k a week, and he's sooo over the hill...

Hes hasnt played a single game for them in 2 seasons...

Well, Real Madrid paid £ 13.4M Jonathan Woodgate... approx £ 1.4M per appearence, considering he just played 9 games with Los Merengues.

But well, £ 50M+ for such a fullback seem to be too much even for Real Madrid :D

57 mil for a fullback, or any player with those stats = :D

Well done HSV :thup:

I bought my right back for 63 mill... but he has way better stats, makes a lot of assists and scores a lot of goals from free kicks. How do I put a screenshot here? I can only post it tomorrow since I'm at work.

ano but the thing is cahills a good player on the game i signed him form man u for the toon for 3.5 mil and 2 season later man u (yes man u) made and offer of 22 mil :O real madrid, arsenal and bayern munich also made big offers but i kept him :)

You boys are worse than the red tops for sensationalism. The original player was overpriced but definitely not bad. Remember the transfer is in Euros. Its realistic - big reputation clubs paing over the odds for big reputation players. Look at the price City paid for Lescott this summer.

Other overpriced transfers off the top of my head - Lee Bradbury and Jon Macken back in the day for £3 and £5 million respectively, half of Newcastle's squad last season, it goes on and on.

If Ebanks-Blake left Wolves last summer i'm pretty sure he would have been quoted around the £10 million mark. It happens the other way too - Jason Scotland in the Championship was awesome - and for £30K.

I see it's 2017..what database size are you running?

I ended my first game around the same time, and that guy would be a top 10 fullback among all 16-24 year olds. Regen quality was so poor teams were having to resort to these things. Although I still don't think anything more than 15 million EU could be justified...

its actually may 2018 now on a medium database. I don't know if most regens are poor but I have an italian goalkeeper regen who is as good as Casillas and Buffon at game-start (worth around 30mil.euro)

Also a spanish striker who is 18 and already at 20+ mil. worth :o Barcelona seem to have an amazing finnish right-back, and chelsea have a bulgarian AMC with amazing stats as well. And maybe a few others I havent dug that much into it.

So i can't complain there are a few good stars shaping up :D

You boys are worse than the red tops for sensationalism. The original player was overpriced but definitely not bad. Remember the transfer is in Euros. Its realistic - big reputation clubs paing over the odds for big reputation players. Look at the price City paid for Lescott this summer.

City paid somewhere in the region of £20-24 million for Lescott, which was already a considerable price and caused largely by the fact that Mark Hughes was trying to target players who had been plying their trade in England. This is €57 million = £51 million, more than twice as much; it's a bit more than "over the odds".

His physical attributes are a bit of a mix, and his technical attributes are average but not spectacular: Tackling 15, Positioning 11, Anticipation 10, Concentration 15, Teamwork 14, Work Rate 14. He's not terrible, but in the context of FM he is pretty much objectively a run-of-the-mill player.

Other overpriced transfers off the top of my head - Lee Bradbury and Jon Macken back in the day for £3 and £5 million respectively, half of Newcastle's squad last season, it goes on and on.

If Ebanks-Blake left Wolves last summer i'm pretty sure he would have been quoted around the £10 million mark. It happens the other way too - Jason Scotland in the Championship was awesome - and for £30K.

What does 3 or 5 mil have to do with 51 mil? :eek:

Especially because this is a very poor player tbh and isnt exactly a youngster lol. And 6.8-7.0 average ratings arent exactly great.

Even Real wouldnt pay 51 mil for some low rated player like this lol. Ive had better full backs in the Championship...

The worst transfer I have seen, that really did not make any sense at all was Jonathan Woodgate from Tottenham to Manchester City for a whopping £105,000,000.

It was on my first file when I first got the 2010 game about 4 or 5 seasons in. He was about 32 as well!

in my game ac milan bought gareth bale for 32.5 million euros.. 2011-1012 season... i know bale is good but 32 Millions :O !

Bale's one of the best left backs in the game.

And there really aren't many.

Archived