Do regens grow beard?

Also we need to know what car they drive. Their picture must change depending on their moral also, smiling if superb. Tears rolling down their faces if very poor. Also if they go AWOL, their picture will disappear. Whadda you think about that one?.....................................................................................

Also we need to know what car they drive. Their picture must change depending on their moral also, smiling if superb. Tears rolling down their faces if very poor. Also if they go AWOL, their picture will disappear. Whadda you think about that one?.....................................................................................

Regen's faces do change based on morale, don't they? I'm pretty sure I've seen some particularly happy players start smiling!

Heh, this is a nice suggestion :)

Perhaps we could get some newgens to shave off parts of their eyebrows also?

Only if their reputation contains 'street cred'

what about if regens frowned when they have a bad game? or smile when they get a hat-trick? the possibilities are endless!

That road will only lead to Football Manager becoming the latest installment of The Sims - next you'll have to make sure you feed them and ensure they go to the toilet! :p

This is yet another example of anti-beard prejudice. We're being marginalised in society to the extent that they pretend we don't exist!

Also, I'm pretty sure regens' expressions do change depending on moral, but I turned off pictures a long time ago so I don't remember.

long live the beard! i have one too. i think we all need to start a new campaign entitled, 'Beards For Regens'.

as for regens facial expressions, if you stare at them long enough they do twich. gods truth. i should know, i had a CHiPs* poster on my wall as a kid and i swear to god Puncherello kept winking at me!

(*ask your dad who CHiPs are. this is why im old enough to have a beard!);)

I've seen a pack for extra hair styles, so couldn't you just do the same for beards? ie make variations of the styles, just with beards added?

There are beards included for that pack, but only come with some of the hairstyles as you can't have a beard and hair separately at the moment, it's just a single overlay for hair on the newgen's picture.

There's also overlays that "age" the newgens face up, so it is possible for SI to add the facility to have more then a single overlay on the picture at a time, they just need to separate the hair and beard areas.

This is yet another example of anti-beard prejudice. We're being marginalised in society to the extent that they pretend we don't exist!

Also, I'm pretty sure regens' expressions do change depending on moral, but I turned off pictures a long time ago so I don't remember.

Don't talk to me about beard prejudice, I have just been offered a job at a university in Japan, as long as my beard goes.

And yes regens expression changes with morale. Facial hair and more variet in regens would be a good thing for sure.

I'm actually running FM with that hair style pack and it did improve the look of them regens a lot.

I haven't yet seen the beards with that pack but it's good to know they exist :-)

I do think all regens look way to young, they should add some more ruggedness to the aging process.

Let's hope for this in FM11 :-)

...I also think they look way better now than when they were introduced so improvements have been made.

i had a CHiPs* poster on my wall as a kid and i swear to god Puncherello kept winking at me!

(*ask your dad who CHiPs are. this is why im old enough to have a beard!);)

I remember CHiPs! And must now go over to OTF to post in the "Things That Make You Feel Old" thread. :D

Great question by the OP, btw. :thup:

Hello!

I've never seen a regen with a beard, do some of them eventually grow a beard?

I've got a couple of coaches in their 30's that just look way to young. A nice beard would make them look a little bit older :-)

nice and random. I do agree though, fair play.

There are beards included for that pack, but only come with some of the hairstyles as you can't have a beard and hair separately at the moment, it's just a single overlay for hair on the newgen's picture.

There's also overlays that "age" the newgens face up, so it is possible for SI to add the facility to have more then a single overlay on the picture at a time, they just need to separate the hair and beard areas.

Thanks for the reply.

What I meant was, couldn't a hair pack make a bearded variation of every hair style in the game? So you would still only need one picture but depending on which hairstyle the player gets - they could get it witha beard or without. It sounds like the hair pack already does this, so what's stopping someone doing it for every hairstyle (as long as they keep the normal ones in as well)?

Yep in OLT's hairpack some regens have beards but that not grow or change. 15 year old regens could have beard (if their hair match with a beard) and they have same beard until they finish the careers... (olt hairpack version 2 is in skinning hideout)

Thanks, mate :)

I won't play regens if I don't think their haircut is appropriate; if any of them tried to get away with a beard, they'd be out of the club before lunchtime. If this option was included, I would hope you could interact with them and tell them that they wont play for my team unless they shave!

• 8 months later...

Less of the 'ffs' please. :thdn:

I'm grateful for the links that you provided but I am commenting here about the regens in the game already and not additional hair packs that are available on the skinning forum.

I have downloaded both of the packs you linked to anyway and although I see a few receding hairline types, there aren't really any proper balding hairstyles that still have a bit of hair (Zidane, Rooney, Shearer style). At least not in the style I want! :)

Along the same lines, there is also a lack of shaved head style haircuts in the game. It's either you're bald or you have hair on FM and no in between! :D

I think SI need to think about the follicly challenged people too! :p

Archived