gone back to fm 09! first time ever!

this is the first time i've gone back to a previous fm when one gets released, to me that says theres something wrong with the game to have to go back!

theres still bugs and they won't get fixed untill at least 10.3 patch and si really should sort out the testing and let us test the beta demo's etc that would fix alot of problems

my biggest problem is the skin, its awful and fm09 is so much better layout and easy to get along with i don't have problems with change but as long as it's good, but this is poor, they offer you the new tactical wizard and the slider system but don't offer the new and old skins?

the board room advice is annoying too, its a stupid feature, the media is still repedative and boring within 5 mins, the games not super quick like si make out and the layout is poor, the training gets ignored like it does every year, the tactics didn't really need the wizard feature imo, the transfer and selling off players is still hit and miss

i think si should have implemented every fm skin into a game over the years so by now you have a choice of 5 skins, and as this is such a big change at least of kepts the 09 skin

anyways back to fm 09 for me, si have messed up big time imo anyone else still playing fm 09?

There are a tiny number of bugs compared to 09. Which ones specifically are you talking about? The only things you mention are subjective to the user - skin preference, like/dislike of advice/press conferences. Although I agree with you on press confrerences, it's not a particularly useful post.

this is the first time i've gone back to a previous fm when one gets released, to me that says theres something wrong with the game to have to go back!

theres still bugs and they won't get fixed untill at least 10.3 patch and si really should sort out the testing and let us test the beta demo's etc that would fix alot of problems

my biggest problem is the skin, its awful and fm09 is so much better layout and easy to get along with i don't have problems with change but as long as it's good, but this is poor, they offer you the new tactical wizard and the slider system but don't offer the new and old skins?

the board room advice is annoying too, its a stupid feature, the media is still repedative and boring within 5 mins, the games not super quick like si make out and the layout is poor, the training gets ignored like it does every year, the tactics didn't really need the wizard feature imo, the transfer and selling off players is still hit and miss

i think si should have implemented every fm skin into a game over the years so by now you have a choice of 5 skins, and as this is such a big change at least of kepts the 09 skin

anyways back to fm 09 for me, si have messed up big time imo anyone else still playing fm 09?

Whoah, a lot of sweeping generalisations there. There's no doubting that these are you views but...

You say the skin is awful, as though it's a fact. Actually, it's just your opinion, and I'd suggest you're likely to be in a minority there. Lots of people really like the new skin - and besides, if you hate it that much, you can activate via Steam to get the 09 version of the skin.

Board Room advice isn't "stupid", that's an odd assertion to make. If it's not something you find useful, don't use it.

I'm not going to answer all your points, because you've made a bang load of sweeping statements, when really they all need to be preceeded with the words "in my opinion".

It's a shame you don't enjoy the game, I'd suggest you give it time to get used to the game, but it does appear that the majority are really, really enjoying this version.

I have not played FM 10 yet but this time last year "returning back to Fm08" topics were much more than this years "returning back to Fm09" topics so I believe Fm10 is a good release.

This being said I have promised myself not to buy the game before the final patch. I have only enough time and motivation to play one long career and I better use it for the most stable and complete version of the game.

I'm playing 09. The UI of 2010 is absolutely atrocious. Please tell me what exactly was wrong with the clean, simple layout of 09?

The new one is way too busy, huge gaps everywhere..it's just atrocious. Also the ME is more jumpy and not as smooth imo.

I won't be playing 2010 again. It's gash.

------------------

If the ME is jerky it has more to do with your 'gash' computer.

Disagree.

IMO the new skin walks all over that of previous ones. You see much more of the screen in game time, as all menu options are filed above, rather than to the left.

Also, it is a lot easier to use, everthing is better laid out, and thus quicker to navigate.

Seriously, play on for a while, and you'll get used to it - its all about the change.

Finally, I find the game quicker. I run the same amount of leagues in FM10 as I do FM09 (Eng all, Ita Seria 1&b, Spa Lig 1 & 2) and it is definitely quicker!!!

I have not played FM 10 yet but this time last year "returning back to Fm08" topics were much more than this years "returning back to Fm09" topics so I believe Fm10 is a good release.

This being said I have promised myself not to buy the game before the final patch. I have only enough time and motivation to play one long career and I better use it for the most stable and complete version of the game.

Completely agree. I also won't be buying it until the final patch has been released as I prefer to play a 'finished' game. Hopefully the 'bug' regarding players conditioning when subbed/not subbed will finally be addressed...a year after it was brought up! I've actually stuck with 08 after reverting back from 09 a few months ago.

It is significantly quicker, there's no doubt about that as far as I'm concerned. Personally I think the lad has a point about Backroom advice (if that's what he meant), especially pre-match - X coach is concerned that y team have more players capable of magic than us, x coach is pleased that we are more aggressive than y team or some such nonsense. Pointless advice that offers no real insight into how to approach the game.

Strangely i like the skin, it does seem less professional looking but not had any real issues.

The game it self looks good, its fast but i am having trouble keeping it from crashing. I am running a MAC all hardware and software requirements well above sigame requirement, but still having issues.

So all in all game does look better and feels better, but still not tested to a good standard, 2008 repeat.

I will never ever play FM09 again, I think FM10 is so much better and not even the Man city owner has enough money to bribe me to go back to 09.

The only thing that annoys me with FM10 is the colours of players' attributes and the fact there is very little between high and low. It makes it slightly difficult to judge players on first glance, you need to genuinely study them.

As for wanting the FM09 skin for FM10, due to the new layout I don't think it would be possible to do. Would it?

The only thing that annoys me with FM10 is the colours of players' attributes and the fact there is very little between high and low. It makes it slightly difficult to judge players on first glance, you need to genuinely study them.

As for wanting the FM09 skin for FM10, due to the new layout I don't think it would be possible to do. Would it?

i had the same issue i went to preferences then changed the layout to the darker version worked a treat :D

Didn't bother with 09 after the demo and went back to 08, but this version is much better. Wasn't a fan of either skin and layout initially, but im getting used to using the dark one now. Haven't noticed any bugs yet either, but then i think some people are just on the constant look out for something to complain about or blame their poor performances on.

I chose to play nothing at all over FM09 so me goig back i'd say was fairly unlikely.

I have slated (privately) the last few versions of FM but this one is quality (apart from the crashing). FM09 was, sad to say, a joke all round. I can't beliebve anyone plays it at all never mind insteadof fm10 which is clearly their best release in years.

I;m not a massive fan of the UI, but i'll happily live with it. I don;t feel its a particularly important part of the game, just a matte rof getting used ot the change.

And yeah, pre match ass man stuff is pretty pointless, but all the rest is great, like the training suggestions, scouting suggestions and most of all the autometed Opposition instructions.

I'm not keen on the new UI. I'm finding information I like to quickly click on in matches takes 2 clicks instead of one, and add to shortlist is longer to get to as well.

I also don't like the way the tactics screen always switches back to basic when I want to see advanced.

Otherwise very good. It runs much quicker, seems relatively bug free apart from one or two small things, and has lots of helpful little features like customising the database and arranging friendlies being easier. I just hope in the long term I enjoy it as much as the fantastic FM2009.

I couldn't possibly go back to FM09 - especially not after experiencing a season managing @ level 10 in the East Midlands Premier League :)

As GillsMan said you're entitled to you opinion, but most people seem to think (and I'll add myself to the list) that FM10 is the best one yet.

The improvement of MLS itself is good enough for me to stick with FM10 over FM09. :D

I finally got used to the new interface, and I enjoy playing with the new leagues that were created. There's no way I will go back to FM09 now. :)

whats improved in the mls?

i haven't started a save in the mls yet but i have edited the league to a european format and got the other 2 division promotion/relegation spots

If you really liked the fm09 skin so much then you'll be pleased to know that there will be one released in a few weeks for the new game. I disagree with you about the board room advice. As for the quickness or slowness of the game then that really depends on how many leagues and on what detail your running and obviously the spec of your computer. So post your spec and you might get some help with speeding up the game.

Archived