Easter Eggs : FM08

Ok, SI were very hush hush about the Easter Eggs in last years game. The April Fools being one of them that were found out, along with "faceinthegame". So, SI Employee's - Now that FM09 is long upon us, please tell us what all the easter eggs were in FM08 :D

Cheers.

Oh, and if you don't, there's no bunny this year :devil:

So far we have discovered :

- April Fools Day £500m Warchest

- faceinthegame in the search box brings up all the SI Regens.

- 6 Days, 6 Hours, 6 Minutes on game time give you the "666, Number of the Beast" description.

- Happy Birthday message if its your birthday in real life, and in game time.

- Your 'son' can be born into the game, with the same surname as you, and you as the fave person. They will be inducted into your youth team

There's the happy birthday message you get when the game is processing if its your birthday in real life and on the game.

How does it know your brithday in real life?... I'm sure it's the if the current system date is the same as your game DOB, excluding the year, of course.

I remember on CM2 having a guy with my exat name playing for Singapore! Very bizzare, he was a regen, I was about 6 seasons in managing Grimsby...

I remember that. I have a very obscure surname and it would often turn up in Japan.

I remember a thread a while ago about one were when you have played for 6 days 6 hours and 6 minutes of real time, the addictedness rating changes to something like '666, the number of the beast', iirc.

I found that in the funny screenshots thread :) (page 1)

• 11 months later...
This article is about hidden messages (for example, in computer software). For a similar phenomenon, see Intertextuality.

A virtual easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game. The term was coined—according to Warren Robinett—by Atari after they were pointed to the secret message left by Robinett in the game Adventure.[1] It draws a parallel with the custom of the Easter egg hunt observed in many Western nations as well as the last Russian imperial family's tradition of giving elaborately jeweled egg-shaped creations by Carl Fabergé which contained hidden surprises.[2]

That'll be why.

They're just a bit fun thrown in by the developers. Anyone remember the 95 Excel game that was like Doom? And the Flight Simulator in Microsoft Word? They were awesome easter eggs.

They could have called them "hidden presents for their customers that they can find by entering secret codes or unravelling hidden messages" but "Easter Eggs" rolled off the tongue easier.

I've never had a son. Closest I came was a cheeky, sneeky edit of the database. I have literally embarked on about 5 saves, each with the main goal of producing a son.

Possible manager attribute : Sperm Count.

Attractiveness. Set it too high and you may be fighting off advances from Terry.

Just searched faceinthegame and found some quality players!!is it taking advantage of the game to sign em up?

No, because it's coincidence that they are good.

However, if you play by LLM rules, it is if you don't scout them.

Just saw this on Gary Neville's fitness report:

Gary Neville is currently not in training. He came in with a note from his Mum excusing him from any physical exertion today. He is not expected to be fully fit for around a month.

Archived