The 'Perfect' All Nighter

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AHA!!! a thread worth talking about lol.

My FM all nighters consist of Pitta bread with tarama (Its number one on any all nighter), crisps, dips, coke, red bull, a boxset on the tv/dvd a pillow under my arse the window open and.... my spurs shirt

Coffee, cigs, curry, music(Oasis, Manics as well as some good '70s stuff) and the odd bout on my Mega Drive(Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Streets of Rage 2) or SNES(Super Mario Allstars or Punch Out) to calm me down if I get to that angry point of no return where you start making stupid mistakes due to not thinking straight. An hour of Sonic or Mario fun usually beats the anger right outta me. :p

Ahh i miss the good old days of having an FM/CM all-nighter during school holidays. These days a late night session usually occurs after a night out involving alcoholic beverages, and even then it will only last until i fall uncoscious mid-match.

Any proper all-nighter should involve plenty of sugary drinks, fatty food and good music:thup:

I did 3 days one time. Although that was International Superstar Soccer 64, back when I was a 14 year old skiving git. I got a N64 and the game, but couldn't afford a memory card, so me and my friend taken turns at beating the 36 team(home and away, BTW) league. Worst part is we lost the playoff vs. the all star team.

Definitely couldn't do that now, I mean I can still pull all nighters, but after one night we're too knackered to go on. I mean we've had sessions where we started at 2pm one day and given up at like 10pm the next day due to looking and feeling like zombies.

I am planning an all nighter since I have this week off and nothing to do. I usually play FM all day and fit in some other stuff but I don't sleep. I always work at night but no calls this week! I will probably do it in a few days...maybe Thursday?

Psh, in my day('96-2001 :p) we used to do the booze and laydays on Saturdays, but the rest of the time(when not at college... I never went to school, I regret this now) we'd spend it playing thems video games and football. Football for the day, and video games for the nights.

my all nighters arent planned, they involved my favourite food (pasta, spinach, basil pesto and sliced thin chillis (the HOT ones!)) and some schweppes lemonade <- yes i am picky. oh and some tv, normally scrubs or mock the week

i dont do them that often, but they are good when i do. last all nighter though i lost the champions league final on penalties at 6am, was so annoyed with myself for bothering to stay up all night for that!

Ah...memories. I can't pull all-nighters anymore but me and my mate used to look forward to them all the time....background music, pop out for a chinese takeaway, plenty of tea/coffee and regular stops for toast where we'd discuss our various (under) achievements waiting by the grill....

Me and my mate haven't had an all-nighter FM session yet but I do remember when we were alot younger we always tried to do all nighters while playing Treble Champions on the Amiga. Oh the memories :p

This thread has got me thinking that I wouldn't mind doing an all nighter sometime soon. :D

Got to say I've never done an all nighter just for FM. It was always Uni - related. Anyway as everyone's said you need a great music playlist, some redbull, good snacks and a never say die attitude!! You can't quit!! Sleep is for the WEAK!!

Ahhh the good old all-nighter days. The best one would have to be when my roomate's, neighbour's and my gfs wen't away for some family things during X-mas/New years college break, and the three of us played a pretty much non-stop game for a week.

Whatever you do make sure you pack lots of redbull/coffee, have some tv on the bcground, your pizza place # handy, and you should be fine .... unless you get that call from that girl in the middle of the night ... there goes all your plan out the window :)

Good luck!

My most perfect all nighter so far involved a big bottle of pepsi and orange fanta those really nice chewy cookies from sainsburys, then moving onto a rustlers burger half way through just to make sure you still have your senses, but last of all a friend is compulsory to pick you up when your feeling sleepy and just to make yourself look a little less sad :) have to say I've only ever all-nightered on xbox 360 with about 3/4 mates and its quality, usually during summer as well. You've just got to love it and I love this thread more like this please :)

Class thread!

I Tunes, open without doubt! Shuffle my country playlist! BLISS!

Lots of decent soft drinks, fanta, sprit etc

Lots of chrisps with dips! Chewy cookies, and a big takeaway before hand :D

And not having to anything the next day helps ;)

I work 3rd shift, so every night is an all-nighter. Every single night.

On the weekends, I subtract the commute, add FM, Rockstar, coffee, and a lunch break about 3am, and go until the kids wake up. Suddenly, it becomes bedtime......wierd, that...... ;)

All about in year 9 summer holidays (2006)

Stay up until 8am

play FM06 whilst downloading and wathcing lost season 2 ages before its on in the UK

then drinking many coffees and sneaking the odd beer ;)

then at 8am play xbox in bed until i mozy on off to sleep :)

All nighters..the best thread...memories of not being able to justify to my parents why i havent been seen by them for 3 days and nights...Tea/milk/Lidl cola...Penguin bars(bite a corner off the top and bottom and place it in your drink and use the penguin as a straw...incredible)Yeh pringles pretty much completes any all nighter really....

For me when i pull an all nighter i usually have bottles of 7up, tayto crisps or walkers crisps, at least seven cups of tea, the beatles playing in the backround or the tv on behind me and a dish to pee in cause lets face it, im not leaving the sitting room to go to the john :D also i have to have a pillow under my backside cause hours of sitting down is gonna take it toll. :p

Great to hear the replies, mix and match some theories and will put them into practise soon, early night before hand though and definately stock up on food and drink to maximise game time. Music and DVDs on as background entertainment ;-)

Archived