Your Greatest Player from previous versions [PLAYER NAMING]

Who are they?

For Chelsea

Mines would have to be Jose Julien De La Cuesta

20 year old Colombian left back I picked up every time for less than £100,000. Went on to be the best left back in the world.

Tevez and Cavenaghi

Consistently scored 50 goals a season between them for 15 years.

For Hull City

Stuart Elliott

(Northern?) Irish striker formerlly at Motherwell who helped me win the FA Cup from Division 3, UEFA Cup from divsion 2 and successive promotions to the Premiership. Eventually partnered by Wayne Rooney!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so hard to chose, Willie Howie in 99/00, the cheap version of Joe Cole in that game and he played for my team, the Jags, IRL, unfortunately never quite reached the heights he did on CM.

Also Andri Sigporsson and Paul Dillion, giants in European football

Quaresma and Motta on either wing (when Motta was in the game as a winger)

I cleaned up every season until my hard drive committed suicide.

And actually De La Cuesta eventually forced his way out of the club because I substituted him (to rest him!)

I didn't have it in me to accept any bids so he signed on a pre-contract for Leeds!

Gutting

Is Jose Julien De La Cuesta a real player , or a regen? And mine would be Ustari for Swansea City!

EDIT : Didnt realise it was previous , well only have bought 2008 befor this , and that would have to Lullinha if i remember, again for the Swans

As far as I know he is a real player - think he played for Nanciol or somebody like that.

I think on a patch he was future transfered to a European team though.

Worth checking out.

As far as I know he is a real player - think he played for Nanciol or somebody like that.

I think on a patch he was future transfered to a European team though.

Worth checking out.

José Julián de la Cuesta Herrera (born 10 February 1983 in Medellín) is a Colombian football (soccer) defender. He currently plays for Cádiz CF.

[edit] Teams and clubs

Colombia national football team

on 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup

2000-2002: Nacional de Medellín

2002-2003: Austria Vienna

2003-2006: Cádiz CF

2006-2007: Real Valladolid on loan

My memory serves me well!

Paul Moore (Telford United) - CM 03/04

Scored over 200 goals in a 7 and half year career and scored at every level from Conference to Premiership. Simply awesome he was.

Bakayoko (CM 97/98 maybe), Ralph Brand (striker from Brechin won my the league with Newcastle, prob 97/98 again)

Marc Collis/Nii Lamptey (CM 93, or one of those around then)

Bakayoko (CM 97/98 maybe), Ralph Brand (striker from Brechin won my the league with Newcastle, prob 97/98 again)

Marc Collis/Nii Lamptey (CM 93, or one of those around then)

I'm just wondering here...

What does my post have to do with your post? Just wondering why you quoted mine? Or am I missing something?

I genuinely don't mean for that to sound rude :D

Woops, I almost forgot...

There was a player on CM 4 that played for Club Brugge, he was an AMC R/L/C and I believe his name was Alain something... technically I did forget then :p lol (if somebody could load up CM 4 or find out somehow that would be great because it's really going to bug me!)

Anyway, signed him on loan for Doncaster for a season and he was absolutely brilliant. He scored over 40 goals from the AMC position. Brugge never let me sign him permanently though :(

franco di santo in 08 for charlton

in the first season i had him on loan and he scored about 20 goals

i bought him for 5 million in the 2nd season (premier league) and he scored 25 i think

then after that he scored at least 40 league goals every season. i think it was about 4 or 5 years

Pawel Brozak, I miss him...

Christofer Andersson few years back

Rolando Bianchi in 08 was just awesome

In the 90's Dominguez and Iverson were both fantastic for Spurs

A young Saviola, Kerlon a couple of years back and Cerci from Roma

There have been so many, something sadly lacking in reason incarnations, even if it is more realistic it's just less fun!

But the ultimate legend was Evandro Roncatto who scored a goal a game his entire career and had 20's in virtually everything!

Oscar Trejo @ Bayern in FM08. He became a legend in Europe.

Same player but for my Newcastle side in 08.

In previous versions, 96/97 i think, Matthais Sammer from Dortmund, always scored loads as a sweeper. Kennedy Bakircioglu (sp?) was also immense. Jan Kristiansen for Birmingham on 06 aswell.

They are there in this game, Mascio and Cascio are 2 non real players like on previous versions that can be immense!

Its just not the same, previously after a couple of play throughs you could buy a load great young lads who would perform with the right tactics straight away! Wasn't realistic but was damn fun!

Hi.

Julius Agahowa, Kennedy Bakirciouglu (or however it should be spell), Sandro (Carlos Alejandro Sierra Fumero) and Defour (in FM07) were my best players. I've been playing CM-FM series since CM2...but this year it's going to be the last one.

Regards

05 : Arbinho Mouradyan {sp}(regen that was at Man Utd with different stats each game), I bought him for Rushden and Diamond(circa 2010 in the premiership) and he scored like 400 goals in 500 games. I also got some frankly ridiculous Brazilian regens who were sensational but I only remember Mouradyan because he was insanely good.

07: Ronaldinho (eventually became awesome {8.5 average after getting 5.something for the half season before} for my Napoli side, that Napoli side was insane near the end of my game). Oh and as I've just remembered a regen called Victor Djumpah, who was GOD but I had to sell him after 2 seasons.

08: Breno (Brazilian CB) or Rosina (Italian winger) or even a wonderkid striker called Westerveld (regen) whos worth about 20million aged 19.

Alessio Cerci for my 1860 Munich team in CM4

I took them over when they were on the brink of relegation, brought Cerci in for about £2million.

After 2 seasons we came 2nd in the league and got to the final of the UEFA cup.

Cerci scored about 80 goals in total. He was amazing in that game and cheap.

Mine was a regen in FM07. Patrick Agius, signed him at 17 from a club in Malta (a name with a lot of x's, IIRC). When I signed him, my scout said he had the potential to be a decent Premier League striker. Within a year, he was listed as a wonderkid and starting up front for Arsenal. Scored 30 goals in a season at age 19, and never slowed down for the entirety of the save.

Alex Aguinaga on CM3 is the best player I've ever managed. Signed him fron Necaxa for about 3.5 mil and he turned my Spurs misfits into Premiership winners. Sold him to Roma for 11 mil about three of four seasons later when he got a bit useless

This must have been about six or seven years ago - how sad is it I can remember the clubs AND the fees?

I need to get out more...

Archived