Become a beta tester for SI

I would love to become a FM Beta Tester i play FM alot and like to test the game to find bugs :p I have only recently started using the forums since fm09 was released and have ever since been on them alot ! i have good knowledge of many english leagues with some knowledge of other leagues Including :- Spain , Italy and some German. I see alot of room where improvements could be made to the game which would maximise the game !

Thank you

Josh

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be very interested in doing some FM beta-testing. I play this game daily and have certainly developed opinions on certain aspects of the ME and many of the features. I used to work as an editor for a big Swedish gaming website and took part in two of your previous big beta tests invited as part of the gaming press, although wasn't very active in the last one. I couldn't really name a single stand-out issue that's on my mind, but I tend to play long-term games, so anything related to club growth is bound to get on my nerves. The way the kit sponsorship deal(s) don't improve properly as you move up the divisions this year would be one such - although not exactly game-breaking - thing. NDA's is nothing new to me, nor is the process of beta-testing as I currently work in web app development and have taken part in a multitude of game betas.

Thanks

I would like to be considered for beta testing. I'm not going to waste your time with an essay explaining why. Suffice to say I helped beta test the 9.2 patch and you will see my ability to report issues in a constructive manner from my posts in the invited testers forum.

I dont have any major issues with FM currently.

Hi,

I would like to become a beta tester for SI. I was a previous tester on FML and enjoyed that experience and would like to carry it on further. I also enjoy playing the games that are part of the FM series and think you do a good job and whilst finding problem i report them i try to work around them. I have been involved in many other betas for other games so i know how it works and what you have to do etc so please take this into consideration. Also my biggest problem with FM 09 is the Mac version and the fact that at the moment it is basically unplayable due to not being able to place bids on players due to no yes or no boxes coming up on the screen.

Thanks

OK, I've always been a watcher rather than a contributor to these forums. However, over the last 2-3 years I have become increasingly frustrated at the amount of fixable, foreseeable errors which have crept into releases. If the patched versions were released the games would be hailed far and wide, rather than suffering from the mixed receptions which they now seem to get. Having played the game since the original CM on the Amiga, I think I would be able to contribute to helping to at least reduce these errors. With regard to FM09, I think my biggest bugbear has to be the obvious errors which just take the shine off the game - e.g. the 'double existence' of strikers and attacking midfielders following substitutions, or England internationals such as Gerrard missing important Premiership games due to international duty! Such errors can ruin the game experience as they detract from the immersive quality which has made previous games so great.

As a fellow Football Manager player, I feel that I would make a great addition to the beta testing team in order to improve the game beyond its current level and make it the best game in its genre.

Some of the reasons that I feel would qualify me for the potential position are my abilities of excellent communication, enthusiasm and hard-working ethics. I believe in a feedback system, something which many developers miss out on and I think that with these forums, FM can only improve due to fans like myself who criticize the game respectfully and only wish for it to improve and become the one and only in its category.

Other work abilities that I can account for are dedication and passion, as well as the ability to elaborate with details on errors and conflicts that need to be analyzed thoroughly.

I believe that what I can offer to the beta testing team is something which is unique and professional and would be beneficial in any area that may be required. It's nice to know that our voice is heard and with a chance like this, those of us that are chosen would definitely do our best since after all, we play the game as well and love it just as much as the developers.

The biggest concern that I have with Football Manager at the moment is the tactical side of the game. This is an area where FM has remained unchanged for a while and I truly feel it that it needs to be prioritized for a change if the game is to move forward. Just like the transfer system (which was re-written for 09), the tactical aspect of the game needs to be rewritten. Whether it's partial or entirely, that is up to the developers to decide but it must be looked into for further improvement.

I feel the slider system must be made in such a way that what the human manager truly would like to instruct the players to do (such as to for the wingers to cross the ball from the edge of the penalty box instead of running to the byline) can be easily and efficiently replicated within the tactical system and reflected on the match engine. There are many things which the tactical side of the game can benefit from and the adjustment of the slider system is one of them, if not the most important of all.

To sum it up, I would be more than glad to share my ideas and thoughts on what the game needs and is not in need of for it to improve.

I am posting on this thread to put my name forward as a Beta tester for the FM Series.

I have played been playing Football Manager and it’s predecessors for around 10 years. I feel I would be able to provide detailed feedback and where and how the game could be improved. Professionally, I have worked for a software development company in the past, and currently work within a digital environment for a web design agency and think this experience would be beneficial.

I have no major complaints with FM09. I think press conferences could be made more interesting, and also think the way clubs improve their reputation could be tweaked. I also feel that more testing should be done on long-term games. I often play for 10 seasons or more, and have noticed on both FM08 and FM09, that the longer you play, the more errors creep in. In many cases these are typos, or grammatical errors, so could easily be fixed.

As a couple of other posters have said, I tend not to post on these forums due to the childish behaviors’ of other members. I’m solely interested in improving a fabulous game, and would love to be given the chance to help do so.

I'll toss my name into the hat. This is my very first FM (WSM to be exact). I have over 20 years of experience in software development, and currently spend much of my time translating user speak into geek speak.

Many years ago I helped beta test Thunderbear's Football Fanatic, and there is a player in that game with my name.

I play on one of the new MacBook Pros, so likely represent a small fraction of the user base.

I would like to become a FM Beta Tester and a tester for future releases of FM as i have done beta testing before with FMLive and really enjoyed it. Alas that game was not for me and i went back to Football Manager. I am also webmaster of one of SI's Affiliate's (website can be seen in my profile) and i am very patient as well as having a keen eye for detail. I am also honest and very dedicated when i get started with a project and being beta tester for Football Manager is another project to get my teeth into. I think i could do the job well and would love to give something back to SI & SEGA with all the hard work you guys do i simply love the game.

There is not much i don't like about the game now after the latest patch but i feel the media press conferences could be a lot better question wise as i feel i am answering the same questions over and over again. More of a selection i feel would be better if at all that was possible. Player injuries is the other thing that have been a little annoying for me in the game. Even after keeping an eye on my squad and making sure my players are fit enough i still keep getting a lot of injuries. Maybe thats just unlucky in my current game. Hitting the woodwork a lot is getting a bit ridculous now even with 9.0.2 patched game as well as playing looking as if they are skating on ice or legs moving and the players are not moving.

I am a avid FM player and at 37 years old i have been playing CM/FM since the old CM series, 99/00 season and joined this site in 2003. As you can see i have neevr been banned or had any yellow or red cards given against myself. I am a considerate poster who tries to help others out when i can.

I've been playing football manager simulations since CM 96/97, when in 1996 I ventured into the world of the pc when previously my gaming exploits was purely on the consoles. Over the last 10 years I have only played football manager games from SI, because as we know on here the 'other' rival games are rubbish to say the least. Someone like myself, who has a wealth of experience with the series would be a good addition to the beta testing procedure.

What disappointed me with FM '09 is that SI introduced the 3d match view for the good of the game, but that they did not update what has been my biggest critical aspect of the game for the last four years and that being the training module. I just find it hard to believe that there isn't a better and more beneficial system that could be used instead of the current slider bar setting which totally detracts the experience from one of the most important areas of the game, when in fact it should be one of the most engaging aspect of the game.

I am disappointed at how slowly the games has evolved over the last few years, mostly due to my ignorance at how hard it must be to develop a game like this with the time constraint and hardware limitation etc.

But all criticism aside, if I was to be selected I would try my damned hardest to identify as many bugs as possible, the purpose of being a good beta tester after all.

I'm going to post my application to test future releases as well.

I've played the games since CM3 but skipped '09 because I haven't had time to play it with work. I may however get it sometime in the new year after a data update and another patch.

I have what I would say is a good knowledge of football, I'm always telling my friends about rising stars before they know who they are! I think I have a good idea about how FM can be developed, but not really on the side of transfer fees, contracts, etc. I'd like to test new features such as the media interaction, manager interaction, and attention to detail around the match engine, not necessarily how the football is played out.

I'd like future FMs to include more realistic man-to man interaction between manager and player, and the ability to resolve problems more easily, such as telling a player which context a comment was made in, or giving him incentives to perform well, etc.

One of the main reasons I'm applying to do this, is the fact that I'm not a hardcore player. I know in real life you get what you put into it, but I'd like it to be more rewarding to a casual player like me who wants to get stuck in and play 5 or 10 matches in the space of two or three hours. Yes, sometimes you get lucky with tactics or whatever, but I'd like more realistic AI training that works without my input, because training is my stumbling block traditionally on FM. I'm reluctant to buy young players because I think my poor training will ruin them.

On the plus side, having played the demo of '09, I think the game looks great, it's easy to get around, as usual, and the match engine and the results it generates are realistic and believable.

I agree with Moonshine's post about the interaction in press conferences. We need less generic responses which generate different outcomes. This would make the press interviews much more entertaining if you could please or annoy different people by giving a particular answer :)

I would like to be considered for this for the following reasons

1) I have been playing cm/fm since 2000

2) I partipated in the fml beta

3) I have tested out several beta software for the company i work for so know what i am looking for when beta testing.

4) I would be able to test on both laptop and desktop as I own top of the range machines.

My biggest problem with fm at the moment is the press conferences as they do noy have enough questions and become repetitive quickly.

Hey there,

I've been playing football manager and the subsequent championship manager series for years now and as all people here extremly keen on the series and it's huge phenominal success is amazing. I would like to be considered because i love playing football manager. And, like many otheres here have many ideas that could potentially improve the game.

Currently my biggest problem would have to be the match engine, i think it could be vastly improved. I also think that there could be more structure in the press conferences. It could be much more in-depth than it already is. I feel that i could report bugs and issues in, in depth reports and give detailed explanations on when and where they happen.

Thanks for reading.

I would like to be considered for beta testing future versions of FM.

I'm playing the CM/FM-series since CM93/94, so I have plenty of experience with it. I'm playing quite heavily (20 hours a week easily, sometimes even more). I have two systems: a high end, and an pretty average system, which I can test it on.

In the past, I beta-tested other software, so I'm somewhat familiar with the process of beta testing in general.

I would like to be considered for Beta Testing.

I beta tested FML.

I am a mature american college professor that is analytical and not overly emotional about my favorite game.

This is my 3rd year play FM/WWSM. I like to create my own tactics (using ideas from the TTF folks).

I have to say that I don't see any bugs that have annoyed me, I would love to see more variety in the answers to questions in the media as well as more variety for in-game commentary. These seem like they would be quite inexpensive adjustments that could make that 46 game Championship season not feel quite so repetitive. (I'd love to see some comments like "he tried that from 35 yards and it was not even close, Shocking).

I guess I am annoyed when the commentary is wrong though, eg. "Sedgwick(my winger) is fouled on the play" then the opposition get the ball.

Sign me up .. i wont write some flashy application, but IL say this.

I'm a 25 year old gamer with years of game testing experience, mostly mmo\mmorpgs.

Iv been a fan of FM ever since i played Championship Manager 93 on my Amiga 500.

Hello,

I would like to become a beta tester.....i have played the game since it used to be CM 2004...and since then i have played all the versions of the FM series....i'm a crazy fan of football and i'm a huge fan of Manchester United and Blackburn Rovers..i would like to help in the development of future FM games...

Hoping to hear from you,

Siddarth

P.S: I'm 19 and live in India

Hi

I would like to become a Beta Tester for FM as I love the game and I am totally addicted to FM 09 at the moment. I was involved with the Beta Testing for the 09 demo this year, and helped in trying to solve graphical issues with the match engine.

Having played the CM/FM games since CM2 released way back in 1995, I feel I have good knowledge of the game and the way it has developed over the years. I also think that I have a good understanding of how the game progresses year by year as features I would like to see each year after purchasing the next release are often implemented the year after. For Example: Better Media Interaction was added this year in the form of press conferences; something I had really wanted to see added. Previously, there was feeder/parent clubs, team talks and player interactions to name but a few.

I love FM 09 and think it is definitely the best release so far becuase of the realism of not being able to use a bog standard tactic for every game and not have to do anything during a match. Rather, little changes and tweaks are required throughout the game to achieve success and this is what I think makes this years game so addictively good. However the one thing that annoys me is simple player physics and movements in the match engine that simply don't happen in real life. For example: Players when racing for the ball will often start side stepping/scuttling (crab like) to the ball, allowing your opponent to race past him. Full backs, no matter how fast they are will always be beaten by even the slowest wingers resulting in them crossing balls into your box. Players appear confused on the ball and will stand there for a few seconds with the ball at their feet without doing anything, which can lead to them being dispossesed and keepers who race out their areas for the ball sometimes control the ball and stand there, allow the striker to saunter up, take the ball and pass it into an empty net.

As it is the first year of the new 3D match engine, I accept there were always going to be issues like this as of course it is a working progress, I know that. I think that with the extensive testing this year, FM 2010 will be superb, with a cracking match engine and will be even more addictive than this years release!!

Hope to hear from you soon

BuryBlade

I'd like to do it please. I was already a beta tester for FM07 and FM08 and was suprised not to have been asked again this year. I have a wealth of knowledge regarding FM and am always eager to help in its development.

Check out my post count and you'll see i already post in the bugs forum regarding issues with the game and have uploaded saves onto the FTP to help the development team. Becoming a BETA tester again would just be a continuation of what i do currently.

Thanks.

I would like to be considered for Beta testing.

As most of the people here, I'm playing CM/FM series since .... well .... so many years but I think it was the year 1996 because I remember every-game-must-buy - Z.Zidane from Bordeaux :-) Since then, I always enjoyed putting some changes into the database, which I though would make this realistic game even more realistic. I used to create some database updates, because I liked it. This has finally ended with an "official" db update for CM 00/01 creating a polish league (instead of belgian one) as there was no polish league in at that time. I was so proud of this, because I was doing it with big pleasure and was rewarded financially by the polish publisher of CM series. It was job order contract.

In FM 09 there were some issues I focused on (and have been "testing" for myself). This was mainly the graphic problems - the 3D kits issue in the Team Information screen, as well as I was dealing with the external graphics compatibility (kits/logos/skins). I was mad that so many errors concerning graphics have been "copied" from the FM 08 (thinking "wow, what the hell were these testers doing?"). IMHO it should not happen at all. Example thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74004

There were also some minor issues reported/confirmed like post-match questions - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=85160 or who should be the real goal-scorer (strange own goals) - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84334 or finally sorting by positions - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84491

I'm 26 year old Pole. A type of perfectionist who annoys when the job or task is done without professionalism. Now I'm working as a Technical Writer (this standing follows that I'm also testing my procedures) for one of the biggest telecommunication company in the world (in WCDMA(3G) branch).

I would be honored if I were chosen for this project.

I was on the beta team for OOTP8, which was very sucessful, and am somewhat familiar with the bug-reporting system used by SI. I have been involved with computers as a hobby since 1975, having taught myself BASIC that year, while in the 7th grade. I've been playing FM since FM05, and believe it to be the best game in the sports management genre. I'm somewhat versed in the skinning aspects of FM, and play with a strong empasis on the tactical and squad-makeup side. I use large universes that tend to take a while to process. FM is currently on one Continue while I type this...

I came to FM as an American who was largely ignorant of the Beautiful Game. FM overcame my initial prejudices and taught me aspects of soccer (football) I had no idea existed. I now consider myself a fan of the game and watch whatever matches I can on Fox Soccer Channel, and follow my chosen side of Reading almost religiously.

My system is getting a bit long in the tooth, a P4 3.4/HT with 2GB RAM and a nVidia 8600 256MB graphics card.

There are two issues which equally concern me in FM 9.2.0. First is the number of 1v1 chances generated by the match engine. I feel the ME has been band-aided to keep scores down by reducing the effects of creativity, flair, and composure on strikers and by increasing the effect of positioning, anticipation, and reflexes on the keepers. But the real problem is that too many 1v1 chances are being created. The angles defenders take to the ball, their slowness in reacting to runs, the accuracy of through balls, the vision needed by those who feed them, and I'm sure a couple of other things all contribute to the root issue. The second issue which so greatly concerns me is the Winter Freeze, detailed in this thread.

I can promise to dedicate at least 14 hours a week to any beta build I'm sent, at minimum. Some weeks, I'd be able to well exceed that...

I look forward to hearing from you.

I would like to put myself forward to be a tester. I am a long time player of FM/CM and feel i could give sensible and down to earth comments. My main areas of concern at the moment seems to be Tactics and lower league football finances, Players, Signings and contracts.

I believe I could do a good job testing the game if asked.

Reasons:

- I was one of the beta testers on the ill-fated test for 2008 (? (the one that was leaked)) and thought I did a decent job.

- I have a good eye for detail [without being pedantic]

- I can think logically, can structure my work, and am articulate, am able to post constructively.

- I have made one or two sensible suggestions in the past.

One problem, however, might be the time required to spend on testing. I work full time and do have a life, but depending on the length of testing phase, I could rearrange things for a while.

I have two 'gripes' with the game.

The first is training. I don't like the sliders and would prefer to have a more hands on approach. Also, I would like the ability to be able to actually take training sessions (an idea that has been going round my head for a while now and which I am trying to put onto paper).

The second is the youth system. This needs to be developed, especially how the players are evaluated. Currently, I have the feeling that the players are always compared to first team players in the coach reports. Now it's pretty obvious that they won't compare favourably to them on current ability. So, maybe coach reports for the youth players should be a completely different entity, until they join the ranks of the first team.

I would like to be considered for this role. I am a veteran of the original Championship Manager game on the Amiga and have played every version since.

I would say that my biggest gripe is the lack of flexibility with the tactical system as I don't think it is as realistic as it could be. One example being with the sliders for mentality, closing down, passing style and creative freedom. I feel the other sliders, for example tackling, are fine and give a clear indication as to what you want your player to do. However, the ones I have mentioned already seem a bit ambiguous. I don't think there should be as many values as there are and there should be just 'defensive', 'attacking' and 'normal' for mentality, without the whole 1-20 scale. A player will then play to that mentality as well as his attributes will allow him to.

I also feel the width needs looking at, you should be able to set this for attacking and defensive situations and not just as a whole.

Kind regards,

David

I would love to be a beta tester for FM!

Although I am relatively new to the series; the first edition I played was FM 2006, I still think I would make a good beta tester.

I have a good knowledge of football and would love to help the series progress. Although my post count is low, I have tried to be as helpful as possible in my posts and most of them have been in topics for ideas and improvements to the game.

My biggest issue with the FM is that there are too many clicks. For example when, substituting a player or trying to go more attacking/defending.

I am also a university student, so I have a lot of free time to test and provide feedback!

I would be interested in Beta testing future patches and versions.

I have beta tested other games before, I have a passion for the game and a lot of time on my hands. I have been part of the forum community for a while now and would like to have the opportunity to shape the future of the game and ensure that the best quality product is released and that anything I find that is genuinely a issue and is backed up with evidence will be fixed before release.

I am a big advocate of constructive criticism, and beta testing is the ultimate way in enforcing it.

I would like to offer my services to help with the testing of patches and new versions.

I will try not to go into a War and Peace style post either, short - sweet - and to the point!

I have been playing CM/FM since the original release on the Commodore Amiga, I have had ever version since and spend far to much of my time on my PC playing this game but that is why I think I could be ideal to offer my services. I am very varied in what saves I start - some are long term, some are just a 'test the water' and others I like to get my manager to travel and explore and conquer different leagues!

I have had no previous experience, but I did actually PM Paul C very recently to advise of my interest in trying to help out.

If you need people to sit and play the game for hours on end a day to test one thing or another I would be ideal. I am currently out of work - but even when I was working the PC would be turned on before my jacket was off...then my usual 5-6 hour session began! Because I am living the life of riley just now, those 5/6 hr sessions have turned into 10/12 hrs!

I have a good knowledge of football, mainly through the years of playing your game but I do like to watch football constantly so I know what is going on in the world.

As for biggest issue with FM09, I wouldnt say I had any 'big' issues but I think the interaction between players/coaches/manager and other managers could be alot better. The press conferences too, they are a great new feature and I do like them but they just dont seem to do very much and are far too repetative. Also, I would like the team talks to have more of an impact on the game...and players should be listening at all times, if someone is not listening we should have some form of option to 'wake' him up - be it pull him for a private meeting or kick him up the erse!

Tried not to blab on too much, hope to hear from you in due course.

TFM

I would like to beta test for Football Manager. I have played CM/FM since CM1 on the Commodore Amiga when I was still a kid and could barely read english. I have been a tester for several CM/FM games in the past (around 2003-2004 I believe) and I liked the experience. Then I emigrated to another country and fell off the testers list unfortunately. Professionaly I am a software developer/project manager and have extensive experience in writing and deconstructing bug reports as well as managing a QA team myself. I normally go a step further than just state the issue, I'll do actual testing before I report. I remember reporting an 'inflation' bug in CM 03/04(?). I remember SI asking for more proof, so I ran season after season and restarted time after time to report a pattern rather than a random anomaly. Weeks later I finally got word that I was right and the bug was being fixed... I have also done lots of modding for other games, most notably Rome: Total War. So, you know I have patience .

I haven't been on the forums much, but that's more due to these forums being rather unfriendly and messy than any disinterest on my side. I tend to rear my head in the couple of good threads that pop up now and then. This one is a good example.

My main issues that I have right now are with tactics feedback and difficulty. Both are discussed in depth in the linked thread and in the tactics wizard thread. I play LLM generally and also feel that aspect of the game could still be improved upon.

I have access to two PC's and three laptops of various speeds and graphics capabilities.

PS. The company I work for is actually doing some software work for soccer analysis right now, which could be helpful.

i am 24 year olds, i am from VietNam (ASIA), I am a crazy fan, I would like to become a beta tester. I play FM from Football manager 2005. I really happy when become a beta tester. I think you won't be depressed when You give me a chance to become a beta tester. Wating news from you, thanks anyway

i would like to be considered for this honour.

i could put a lot of time into testing as my job is home based (parent too 3 kids) and the missus normally in bed by 10 meaning i can get 3-4 hours of initerupted game play per day.

my main problems with fm09 were the little niggly bugs that appeared after the first patch, some of which made the game very difficult for me to get into (i was very critical of this to start with but, i regreted my outburst as i am sure many others did and just perservered and am now enjoying my game)main points for the game for me would be the tactical set-up (i am a successful player so that is not just a tactical rant) and the media interaction which dosn't really add anything at the moment and is getting very repetitived the more the game goes on. these two areas's i feel could do with a massive shake up.

but all this aside as i said i am on my game everyday and could give 3-4 hours everday towards testing

thanks for reading

I'd be interested in being part of this. I've played the game for years and have hosted successful online games for the past 4/5 seasons now.

Tested FMLive for almost a year before joining the release of the game and found quite a few things I posted about at the time during testing. Cant remember the specifics but I'm sure the threads/posts will still be kicking about if anyone cared to search.

Other than press conferences which have been mentioned a fair bit it's mostly online things I have slight annoyances with. This may not matter to some but the majority of people I play with purchase the game to mainly play online. Being the host, the inability to kick 'new network clients' can be frustrating as you need to take the game down as server to be able to continue the game. Also a few minor things like the match highlights changing to full when it's a human v human game occasionally and the number of times the game stops each day (Could there not be an option online to limit the amount of stoppages a day in order to imrpove the speed? Sometimes the game stops for a single player to have 1 piece of news)

I am an enthusiastic football and football manager fan. I have previously beta tested other games including fm live and others non football related. I have been a fan of the cm games back from cm95/96 and cm italia, then moved onto the fm series and now my main home of late the FM live game. I must admit I really didn't enjoy fm08 and wasn't sure whether to purchase 09 or stick to fml. I can wholeheartedly say although there are issues fm09 but my love back into the main series again.

I believe I am concise able to communicate and feedback effectively to try and improve the game. I pay attention to detail and can report back effectively. Which is much desirable in spotting and reporting back on bugs and issues. I have plenty of time to dedicate to testing as well currently.

MY biggest issues with fm09 have been the way teams handle youth players examples being Arsenal releasing Jack Wilshere, Barca releasing the likes of Bojan and Guy Assulin. It is highly unrealistic to me it seems that under of the age of 19/20 they seem to very highly rated then once they get to this age the ai managers doesn't see them as good enough for 1st team currently and disposable despite the huge amount of potential these players have.

Like many have already commented on I am not a fan of tactical sliders either but I have yet to think of a better way to represent tactics into the match engine.

Please consider me as a BETA tester.

I have recently BETA tested Tom Clancy's End War and Call of Duty: World at War plus others in the past.

I do not work due to illness and spend most of my days playing Football Manager so getting the chance to BETA test will not be a case of having to find time for it. I have played Sports Interactive games for many years, the first of which was Championship Manager 97/98 and have played every incarnation since. I also took a look back in time and played versions before CM97/98 after becoming a fan of the game and also played both versions of Eastside Hockey Manager and thoroughly enjoyed them even though I knew nothing about Ice Hockey. The only game I havent played is OOTP.

As far as Football Manager 2009 is concerned I have been very impressed with the improvement over 2008 although I have also been disappointed by certain aspects. I would like to be given the chance to help assist in improving the Match Engine as I feel there is a lot of scope to improve it, although it is pretty good already, there is a few areas that do need tweaking. I would also like to have an input into Tactics as I feel the Football Manager series has taken a backwards step in the area. Im not going to get into the old debate of Wibble/Wobble vs Sliders that has been battle over these forums for a number of years now.

Anyway, please accept my application.

Richard

(A devoted fan)

PaulC

Good to know that Root Cause Analysis-based Corrective Action being taken. You have our full support!

Unfortunately, I cannot spare time for beta-testing in the upcoming month. But, I would be delighted to give it 200% in FM2010 beta-testing.

KUTGW!

P.S:

1) A lot of people sign up for beta-testing just to "feel special" or to play a "new game before anybody else", so my suggestion would be to sign mature personnel for this job :)

2) There is a problem with frequent updates of build version, let's say "designated personnel" start testing with build001, three days later (two months into the season) build002 is released, so everyone updates their build version and starts over again. There is no time to advance to the mid-season transfer window or to the new season. That's why bizzare transfers / no fixture list generated(crash dump) / poor regens / crap older players / no training developement, etc. problems are overlooked. If you manage to find a workaround for this i.e different groups perform tests on different build versions or no build upgrade until min. one season is completed, then quality output will increase drastically.

Hi Paul,

Still doing good work I see. Every version has been an improvement on the last. As a teenager I used to have a play by mail team and loved it. Imagine then my life having been introduced by my Amiga 64 owning friend to Championship Manager. From the little red arrow, to the unbeatable 3313 formation, the foreign transfer when the planets aligned, the genius of Chris Bart-Williams, Tranmere the richest club in the World, Frederick Chassot banging 67 goals in one season. The game engine has consistently been the best available. Now I'm sorry mate but I never even tried the 3-D view, had a quick look at it but reverted to 2-D straight away. IMO Champ=2-D, simple as. If you think I can help in anyway gimme a shout.

KUTGW,

Paul

Hey, I´m from Germany and I started to play manager games with Ascarons "Anstoss" and my first football manager was the 2006 version. Played a lot the german football manager and know the advantages and disadvantages of them. I´m a footballcoach (only a youth team but I´ve got the Uefa-B Level license) and I´m playing football active.So I think I have a knowledge about football and about Footballmanager, so I would like to be a beta tester.

Best Regards Locutus

I would like to apply to help in an open beta program.

I'm 30 years old and have been playing FM/CM since the very first version. I'm also a mac user and use macs on a regular basis in an office environment and understand many of the problems that can occur when installing/removing programs etc.

I also love Football Manager and would love to know that what I'm doing will help to make Football Manager a better game. Previously I have helped with some problems with installing Football Manager and was released a beta version of a mac patch to test. I'm sure I would be a valuable member of the team.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Steve

I would like to apply to become a beta tester.

I am an 18 years old and plenty of time on my hands to beta test in depth, as well as previous beta testing experience with games such as Dawn of War and Hellgate: London. This includes experience of working in a team of other testers to co-ordinate our findings into a useful and interpretable set of information. Additionally, both of these games rely on various sets of statistics, not entirely dissimiliar from football manager, despite clearly being very different games. I am a passionate football fan as well as a great lover of the football manager series but, like all things, it is not perfect, and I would take great pleasure into being able to make the series as good as possible. At current I beleive the greatest problem is the incorrect animations very often displayed in the 3d match engine. While I myself am not really bothered about this, I have seen a lot of people judge the game by this and become disinterested in it because of this.

I look foward to hearing your response.

i'd like to be a beta tester, i get anoyed at some conflicting data in some managers/players history butn i would'nt say i've major problems with the game. i'd like to help make it better if i can

I'd like to get back involved in the beta testing of FM.

I've been playing the game since 1993 and I genuinely care about making the game better. I spend so much of my time playing this game, I want it to be the best it can.

I have previously been an active part of the beta testing team for CM/FM and (briefly) FM Live. During my time as a beta tester for SI I was relied upon to adhere to the non-disclosure agreements and I took the role of tester seriously, doing the work that was required and fighting the corner of the changes I thought would improve the game.

I have high expectations of this game and I think it is an asset to the testing process to have people are sufficiently vocal but also have a realistic view of a tester's remit and sphere of influence.

This year I have remained active in reporting bugs I've found in the released game in the bug forum, as well as contributing to debates regarding features and improvements. The biggest gripe I have with the current state of the game is the sense that new features are being implemented, such as press conferences, without enough consideration of their long term playability. I would love to see a real effort in bringing existing features such as team talks and media interaction up to scratch so they are an integral part of the game rather than a distraction and bit of nuisance.

All the best.

Hi SI

I would like to be considered for beta testing because I have spent many long years now playing past and present football manager games. This has led me to have a ever expanding knowledge of the football world and has led to apply for statistician jobs. I feel that the biggest problems with the game currently is the team talk match day experience. I believe that the team talks aren't detailed enough whereby you are only allowed to select one of five options at the start of a match, this could easilt be expanded to include other options. I have been slammed by my own players for saying that i expect them to win a match (which in all fairness I should being Barcelona playing a team two divisions below in the cup) for placing too much pressure on them which surely carnt be right.

I hope that you will consider me for the role and it will be an honour to help in any way I can with a game I love.

Cheers

Adam

I would like to help FM by beta testing. I know my post count is very low but i think i can make a great job working for you guys...

as a FML beta tester i know how to post any bug i found and what to look for when beta testing.

i dont really have a big problem with FM, but i good like to see more improvements when researching South America and specially Argentina! :D

i hope you consider me to beta test FM

I'd like to be considered for part of the beta testing team. There are a few reasons why I think I'd be very useful.

- I don't post much on this forum, but post a lot over on FMFormation and have been playing the games since CM4.

- I play Football Manager more than I should, and play long games so will be able to test well into the game. I'm simply addicted to them and would love to be able to give something back.

- I am also a Mac user, and feel it is vital than there are beta testers for Mac's.

- Not only do I play long term games, but I do tinker with as many items I can while managing (hands on manager) so I'd certainly be testing most areas if picked.

One of my biggest issues was the delay for the Mac patch (which seemed to take forever) and understand now why it was delayed for quality. Therefore that's why I think I'd be useful so more testing on Mac's can be put in :-)

I would like to be considered to become a FM beta tester. I have been a loyal buyer and player of both the Championship Manager and Football Manager series. Over the years I have played countless hours of the game and have become very familiar with the games and their functions. I love football, and it would be a dream of mine to become a manager or coach in real life. Because of this, I care very much for the game and it's development because I take great pride in what I accomplish in the game. With the many years of playing the game I am confident that I can give helpful feedback and useful ideas.

In my opinion, there is not one major problem with the game, but if I had to choose a part of the game I would like to be fixed, I would choose the tactics setup. As a player, I have many ideas of how I want my teams to play, especially separate instructions for when my team is on the attack and defending. For example, when attacking, I want my midfielders to push up to just behind the strikers and have more direct passing. But when my team is defending/without the ball, I want one central midfielder to go back to a more defensive position along with one striker dropping back as well with short passing. I think with separate instructions for positions and player/team instructions for "with the ball" and "without the ball", the game would become a more detailed and realistic game.

I am confident I would become a valued tester for the team. Please consider my interest.

Thanks,

Erik S

Hi I would like to get the chance in serving SI as a beta tester :D I am an avid football fan and ofcourse an avid fm gamer. I would dedicate my time to testing the game to perfection for the pleasure of other gamers like me who feels sick in our mouths if a game comes out feeling unfinished/bugy. At the moment I am learning to be a programmer in college and im 18 and hope that this experience will help me into getting the video game industry.

The main issue i have with FM 09 and its predecesors is that the player ratings are not varied enough. 0-20 rating isnt really a wide enough range to seprate footballers talents in my belief a 0-100 rating will be more sufficient as it would allow better separation of a good player and a great one. I also have problem with the match rating i feel that if a player scores a goal they are credited a lot more highly than the one who made the assist and whos been creating the chances through the match e.g

Gerard's passing has been tremendous all game and made several key passes but in the end of the game his rating is only 7.3 /10

Whilst let's say Peter Crouch whos been missing headers and mispassing scores 2 goals after 10+ tries which both was created by Gerard but Crouch ends up getting an 8.5 rating when he should be getting 7.5 at most.

Ive played with several top flight teams Barcelona,Arsenal,Man Utd,Chelsea,AC Milan etc. and noticed that even if i play through the wholse season only losing 3-7 times in the league i HAVE NEVER had a player average more than 8.00 through out the season. For me an average players rates 7 good players shuld be averaging 7.5-8 , great ones shold be averageing 8-8.5 at least.

Anyway i hope u read it and hope i get an email thank you very much.

Hi,

I would love to beta test the next version of FM. I have played the game since 05 and have always enjoyed it. I had beta tested fml but due to a slow internet connection couldn't continue.

I have many ideas for the series and am always very thorough when I play the game, set individual training etc.

It may also help you to know that I'm a mac user, so if you wanted it to be tested on Leopard, OSX (10.5) this is your man.

Thanks for Listening and I hope I get the opportunity

*I'm under 18

Good show SI for opening beta testing a little wider. After this, lets say 'issue' with '09 it's a great step indeed. I would like to officially enter to be a beta tester for you. I'm a 27 year old American who bought FM over WWSM - why deviate from the original! I have been playing the game in every incanation since I first stumbled upon CM4 online. I do hope you don't discredit me simply for my low post count. Sure I may not write much, but I read a lot on here and stay well informed.

My issues with the current game would be the excessively high number of injuries, as I'm sure everyone else has mentioned. Also, the lack of a bulk loan offer for multiple players option. Certain issues arise when starting to play a match and it starts in TV view for no reason or when you change to split view and what should be set as your defaults in the two panels change. The high number of penalties that are made is very unrealistic, the transfer system is crazy, there's no way ANY player should be able to be bought or sold for over 50m pound - either someone is for sale, or not. If Ronaldo was sold, for real right now, he wouldn't go for more than 50m. Player of the Year and other such awards are still not completely reliable. If I have someone who scores in every league game, shouldn't he be up for the award? But he never is! Never once mentioned in the 'short list'. I suppose I could go on for quite some time, but that is all for now.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Ian

I too would like to be considered to be part of the 'Dream Team' of Beta testers. I've played FM/CM since CM3, usually playing in a range of lower leagues throughout Europe. My job is a Performance Analyst for a large company, so I bring an analytical style to my life, right down to how I play the game.

Due to this tactics; training; player development; and how play is represented in the match engine is of major interest and possibly the biggest issue for me at present. I have always enjoyed the continuous improvements within media interaction but feel there is scope for more depth in both this and board interaction, which could be enjoyable. I'm also frustrated by the unrealistically high transfer fees involved in the game, which have rarely been reflected in real life (even in economic boom times!)

I am an infrequent poster but frequent reader of this forum, and when I do post, I try to be helpful, informative and useful to any issues.

Archived