What is the biggest honour on FM?

I know you can't technically complete Football Manager (despite Jay from The Inbetweeners claims) - however, what is the biggest honour that can be bestowed upon you?

I had a stadium built and named after me on Football Manager 2009 - but not had it since. Is that the pinnacle? Or is there more? Can you get knighted?

I tend to play journeyman careers so wouldn't usually be in a position for anything like that, although   I think  I did once get the third cubicle in the North Stand Gents named after me. (After I graffiti'd my name on the door)

Winning the World Cup with a country that isn't one of the favourites.

I've won the World Cup with Belgium in 2038, which is probably the lowest ranked country I've ever done it with. Sure Belgium are 1st at the moment, but in 2038 they dropped to 16th, so not exactly favourites to win the WC.

3 hours ago, fmonit said:

Winning the World Cup with a country that isn't one of the favourites.

I've won the World Cup with Belgium in 2038, which is probably the lowest ranked country I've ever done it with. Sure Belgium are 1st at the moment, but in 2038 they dropped to 16th, so not exactly favourites to win the WC.

Thanks - I'd say this is the greatest achievement, in your opinion.

What I meant is something that comes up as a News Item - such as a stadium being built and named after you.

Doesn't sound like being knighted is part of the game - but possibly a consideration for SI in the future? 

I think I saw that you can have a statue made of you in the steam achievements. If I'm remembering that to be correct then I would consider that my crowning glory. It's something that I'm going for with my one club Motherwell save currently.

In previous versions I've had stadiums named after me which probably edges out my Champions League win with Everton. Although that is still my greatest match as ironically I "did a Liverpool" and came back from 3-0 down at half time.

15 hours ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

Doesn't sound like being knighted is part of the game - but possibly a consideration for SI in the future? 

I wouldn't say so. Knighthood is not awarded by a football governing body, but rather by the leaders of a country for outstanding achievements in or for that country.

It would also mean that SI would have to do research on every playable country in the game and incorporate some type of national award given by the leaders of the country (if it exists). That could get messy and/or politically sensitive.

In FM19 I won the Premier League and Champions League with Kettering playing the youth only challenge, so no buys or loans what so ever. And, the team than won that included my son. For me, that was completing the game. Not had that much success in FM20, so this version is much harder for me to be successful in (this is a good thing, mind!).

On 17/05/2020 at 04:52, XaW said:

In FM19 I won the Premier League and Champions League with Kettering playing the youth only challenge, so no buys or loans what so ever. And, the team than won that included my son. For me, that was completing the game. Not had that much success in FM20, so this version is much harder for me to be successful in (this is a good thing, mind!).

Amazing! How long did that take you?

8 hours ago, fmonit said:

Amazing! How long did that take you?

I won it in 2035/36. You can read my final post of the challenge here:

I have seasonal reviews for each season somewhere earlier in that post.

Getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked, buliding up another club, destroying the old club, letting your hubris get the better of you, getting sacked...

I'm in my 20th season. At the end of this season we move to a new stadium, named after me. I'll pick up one of the 0.2% achievements at the same time, for 20 years at one club. I missed out on manager of the year one season, otherwise I'd be able to wrap up a 0.1% achievement at the same time. 

edit: I also could have had a homegrown winger (well, a striker / AML who I play at AML) become the club's record goalscorer this season, but I decided it was time to let him go and let the next generation of left wingers vie for his place. I kinda regret it.

Edited by r0x0r

Didn't no that having a stadium named after you could be done but now I.know it's a possibility ill stay at Dyanmo Brest

Im in season 11 with them, won 8 Vysshaya Ligas, 5 Belorussian cups and 6 Belorussian super cups.

Nit managed to win anything in Europe yet as even 10 years in Im not that strong compared to European Clubs.

Made the semi final of Euro Cup II one time and made it out of champions league group stage once.

If I stay another 10 years they might name the bew stadium after me.

My orginal plan was to move to another club in Belarus to help the league's rep by hopefully improving the European performances of another club

On 21/05/2020 at 22:03, thehig2 said:

Didn't no that having a stadium named after you could be done but now I.know it's a possibility ill stay at Dyanmo Brest

If I stay another 10 years they might name the bew stadium after me.

Just so you are aware, you need to get your board to build a new stadium for it to be named after you. 

Had a stadium named after me during a Dafuge-challenge 10-12 years ago. From then on I've mostly played youth challenges, and haven't had any big honors :D

Bizarrely, despite just moving into a stadium with my name on the door, my job's now at risk. Two rival consortiums are fighting to buy us, with one promising to replace me and another criticising that. 

I'm not saying I should have a job for life, but 73 trophies in 20 seasons including 20 consecutive premiership titles and the potential to become the joint most successful team in Champions League history if I retain it this year (I'm on 12, Real Madrid still only have 13) and undoubtedly the best individual champions league trophies in history should mean that it'd take something rather extreme to see me sacked. Not just a new board.

Still, that means this season's goals are to equal Madrid's champions league record, win my 20th manager of the season award for the 0.1% achievement, and... keep my job?

I almost want to be sacked so I can move somewhere else and CRUSH the team I built up from modern, real life Arsenal to the most dominant force in football history.

The best honour in FM is having more than 1 stadium named after you during your time at 1 club. I have done this twice, on fm 17 and 19. On my fm 19 save, I am waiting for the planning stages to go through for a 3rd stadium to be built during my spells as Dreams FC manager in Hong Kong. The first 2 stadiums were named after me, I am hoping this will be the 3rd.