The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

Vikeologist's Palermo 2033/34 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

Things took a steep turn for the worse this season; seemingly related to the update. I panicked and messed around with my tactics, but ended up reverting to the ones I started with.

We were never in the top 4 Champions league qualifying places, apart from briefly near the end when we nearly salvaged our season, but we ended up needing a miracle in our final match to return to the Champions League next season. We won our match, but still only finished 6th.

In some ways though, it’s not the end of the world. We only finished with 2 points less than a season ago, and we were the 3rd best team in the second half of the season. If I stick to my guns tactically next season, things should be better.

Also, not being in the CL might give us an opportunity to focus on the league. I can use the Copa Italia and Europa League, both of which we’ve won, to give my youngsters first team experience.

It was a bad season, but it looked as though it was going to be much worse midway through.

Top Goalscorer – Corrado Varsallona YP8a - 15

A fraction over 50% of his output a year ago when he was top in this category. Hopefully he can recover his scoring touch next season.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Luciano Campi YP5g – 7.38

Sixth year in a row. Still as inevitable as the changing of the seasons, but like Varsallona, a massive step back from a year ago

Man of The Match – Luciano Campi YP5g- 6

Most Valuable Players– Luciano Campi YP5g

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.
23/24	C/C			1st		Won league and Super C Cup easily.
24/25	B			4th		Lost in playoffs S/F
25/26	B			2nd		W7 D1 of last 8 matches. Automatic promotion.
26/27	A			13th		Flirted with relegation, but it never got inside our pants.
27/28	A			16th		Went backwards.
28/29	A			10th		Changed formation. Missed out on European qualification on last day.
29/30	A			5th		Dropped out of Champions League qualifying spot at the end, but still qualified for Europe for first time.
30/31	A			5th		Same position, same points. Reached S/F of Europa League
31/32	A			3rd		Champions League qualification. Europa League winners.
32/33	A			4th		Terrible second half league performance. CL Q/F, Won Copa Italia.
33/34	A			6th		Regression season.

20200229165927_1.jpg

20200229165945_1.jpg

20200229170000_1.jpg

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NK Zadar: 2039/40 season review

THE DOMESTIC DOUBLE! A season to remember as we had our best season yet, winning the league and cup. The cup was clinched with a 4-1 win over Dinamo in their own backyard. European wise, we made it to the Champions League Q/F where we lost to eventual winners  Dortmund. Our best CL effort yet.

1537729639_TABLE40.thumb.png.0cb73c9bbdabec7822d9219e98f04b73.png

Superb numbers across the board as we almost filled team of the season.

1292328222_SQUAD40.thumb.png.6721be6ac0f8a974e6fe08dbc1d9eb20.png   1733128463_TOTS40.thumb.png.06fad4e4e6b7f0c925206cd08090abd5.png

Youth intake was better than the last couple as a few potential prospects arrived.

29237731_YOUTH40.thumb.png.63849d22edef1ee4bc445ddd24d78831.png

Transfers

1271400459_TRANSFERS40.thumb.png.58ebfd147beae843211d30c66b207f67.png

image.thumb.png.2c7a71b4023ff3a2d4b86528b027a607.png

1338109796_LEAGUE40.thumb.png.a2b2338903cf7f50871e7ba56d7b8da0.png   1263262474_CUP40.thumb.png.843261a353829323bb872bc23947a1b4.png

Edited by grff

Please could someone advise: I've had a HoYD (albeit I've changed them a couple of times) for 3 years now and it seems they have not been in charge of bringing any of the youth intakes!

I've highlighted on the below screenshot which shows that my assistant manager has been responsible for the most recent one :seagull:

How do I change this please?? I've looked around the staff responsibilities for ages and still can't find it!

Prob.thumb.PNG.9f382577c710873f51e5fb2c0b466706.PNG

Edited by schnauzer

7 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Please could someone advise: I've had a HoYD (albeit I've changed them a couple of times) for 3 years now and it seems they have not been in charge of bringing any of the youth intakes!

I've highlighted on the below screenshot which shows that my assistant manager has been responsible for the most recent one :seagull:

How do I change this please?? I've looked around the staff responsibilities for ages and still can't find it!

Prob.thumb.PNG.9f382577c710873f51e5fb2c0b466706.PNG

Could it be that the Assistant is just updating you on the intake rather than deciding it? Check what these two screens show....

image.thumb.png.963e4c80833bd64d442c3ef1e3dab0b3.png   image.thumb.png.de524869747fb74785a5742610e3e140.png

20 minutes ago, grff said:

Could it be that the Assistant is just updating you on the intake rather than deciding it? Check what these two screens show....

image.thumb.png.963e4c80833bd64d442c3ef1e3dab0b3.png   image.thumb.png.de524869747fb74785a5742610e3e140.png

I just checked and 'providing youth player development information' was set to my assistant manager, so I've now changed this to my HoYD

Does this mean the HoYD should now be in charge of next years' intake? My main worry is that the news item comes into my inbox from my assistant manager, and he says that "I like to think I have had a notable influence" which would suggest he has brought this crop in?

Thanks btw!

Edited by schnauzer

33 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

I just checked and 'providing youth player development information' was set to my assistant manager, so I've now changed this to my HoYD

Does this mean the HoYD should now be in charge of next years' intake? My main worry is that the news item comes into my inbox from my assistant manager, and he says that "I like to think I have had a notable influence" which would suggest he has brought this crop in?

Thanks btw!

Hmm not sure on that one. It may be worth, as you say, seeing what comes through on the next intake inbox message. Seems strange that the Ass.Man is taking credit for the intake so could be a bug.

Edited by grff

Billedresultat for monmouth town fc

Season 2021/22

Table / Squad / Transfer / Finances

Second season in the JD Cymru Premier was fine. This time we got a 10th places, but we avoid the relegation because of goal difference. We can't still get to a professional status, so we're just training 3 times a week. It's not essential for a team en the best league wee all our talents in the squad. The worst part is, that we can't give our players a contract, so i resign most of the players minimum 1 times every season. Some of them I resign over 10 times every season, but I give them a contract on 0 DKK, with 0 in match earnings, so they are playing for free :-)

In the JD Welsh Cup, we got to the quarter finals for the first time. We won against Bont and TNS on penalties. It's the first time we "took" points from TNS, who has won against us in all the games in the whole game. Then we lost to Undy, a game where non off the players was motivated to play. In the Nathaniel MG Cup, we started the with a 1-0 victory against Cambrian & Clydach, before we won against Llanelli Town. We lost to Llandudno in the quarter finals.

Our youth intake was not the best, but still we "a lot" of potential. The best player is Lewis James 24a. He's a left back, and that is the worst position to be in our team. Our best player is a left back, so there is long way to the first team right now. The next player is and OMC and it's Joe Overton 24e. It's the first OMC a got in the save. I have thought about to play with an OMC, and hope he will be good enough to the first team through the next season. He looks fine for the level under us. The last player I will showcase is Lewis Bodenham 24b, who is a center back. We have some good CB's already, but he will be fighting for a place on the bench.

3267855d246b8a0bc80842fae7fa4511.png

On 26/02/2020 at 17:06, thomas_e said:

Bilderesultat for south shields fc

South Shields

Season Summary 2027-2028

Our first season in League One, and it was a good one. We started the season absolutely fantastic, unbeaten in the first 7 games, but after this we settled down and finished on a solid 13th place. We were top half of the table for most of the season, but around February it was obvious that making the playoffs was unrealistic. 

We introduced a few youngsters into the team this year. Derek Trodd, Godwin Uzo and Max Dempsey all were regular starters and performed well. We have a great CB from this years intake, Gary Smith, and he might become a starter next year if his development continues. 

Our legendary striker Jason Gilchrist has had a fantastic career with us, winning several top scorer trophies during our rise up the league ladder. He is now 33 years old and this season he was out of his depth. 4 goals in 17 games, and if he decides to renew his contract, he will have a backup role. 

Hopefully we can do a little bit better next season and go far in the FA Cup, as we can really use the cash! 

Season	|	League                      |   Position    |    FA Cup     |       League Cup            |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	Vanarama Nat. League South  |	  1st       |  1st round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2021/22	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Made the playoffs 
2022/23	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  5th       |  3rd round    |       2nd Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost VNL playoff final 
2023/24	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  7th       |  1st round    |       4th Round (FA Trophy) |   Lost first playoff leg
2024/25	|	Vanarama Nat. League        |	  1st       |  2nd round    |       3rd Round (FA Trophy) |   Promotion! 
2025/26	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  7th       |  1st round    |       2nd round             |   Lost first playoff leg 
2026/27	|	Sky Bet League 2            |	  3rd       |  2nd round    |       1st round             |   Promotion! 
2027/28	|	Sky Bet League 1            |	  13th      |  4th round    |       1st round             |   Solid mid-table finish 

As the South Shields researcher and a big fan, it makes me so happy to see someone doing youth-only with us. Shame you didn't wait for my update, I corrected a lot of issues and inconsistency with our data. We've also got a newer badge than the one you're using. Looking forward to eventually seeing the Mariners in the Premier League!

2 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

As the South Shields researcher and a big fan, it makes me so happy to see someone doing youth-only with us. Shame you didn't wait for my update, I corrected a lot of issues and inconsistency with our data. We've also got a newer badge than the one you're using. Looking forward to eventually seeing the Mariners in the Premier League!

So happy you're enjoying reading about my South Shields-journey! Impossible for me to wait for the update, I start the youth academy challenge on the day of release :D

I would like to use the correct logo though, I'm guessing it's this one? https://twitter.com/SouthShieldsFC/photo 

Maybe there is a way I can change it in the game as well.. 

hala-jaen-e1369268592322.thumb.png.b82e191b511b91e99f5290e4ac27eeff.png20200302152009_1.thumb.jpg.eaa0b8c5a9be22cf3d2806fdae153faf.jpg

Leauge Table           Squad           Youth Intake               Transfer History                                     

3rd in Segunda B Group 4     -     Promotion through Playoff

Fantastic season and this time I was at my best when it counted. Won the two first rounds in playoff on away goals and dominated Lleida in the final :) 

I have no clue how I will match against the opponent, but at the moment I feel confident :) 

Finances are still terrible, the board keep taking loans to pay the bills. So I have a loan dept at 9million and balance at the moment - 2.8 million

I signed a new contract and now I am required to repair the financial damage within the end of 2023 / 24 season. Thats going to be interesting :) 

Youth intake I'm very happy with, getting some good talents in midfield and defence. Hopefully I will get some attacking players next time around. Some highlighted players - 

20200301143313_1.thumb.jpg.667ecc8a5c6ed94b424d84586646663a.jpg20200301143322_1.thumb.jpg.4489a3e82f5792b1ad56acff6b8abfe3.jpg20200301143345_1.thumb.jpg.05eb2d462d017c3714bd1fccb9f449b6.jpg

GL ALL !!! :) 

20200302152056_1.thumb.jpg.4481cf6b17c5b78943bd314c928804af.jpg

badge.thumb.jpg.7dda907d053d9c4dcc7d0ff66e0c38b0.jpg

Season 2022/23 - Youth Intake
Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Manager

After a bit of a break we're back with the youth intake. I'm making a bit of a change to the way I'm formatting posts from this post onward.

As we approach the youth intake we are sitting in a playoff spot. In fact, there are only about 3 games to go and the playoff spot has already been confirmed.

679629938_19-Copy.thumb.png.1af291955be54e8786c0bf131a8c5e6e.png

Our new youth intake came in. There's some good players there, but it could be better for sure. Still lacking a star striker unfortunately, while the midfield and attacking wings get packed.

My personal top 3:
1) J. Watts (23a) - A really good centerback already for our team. Just missing some pace and tackling which I'm sure he will get in the upcoming 2-3 years.
2) S. Hall (23f) - The pick of the bunch from my staff. For me he ranks in at number two as we already have a 2 star goalkeeper in the squad with a bit of potential. However, if we're lucky Sean could claim a first team spot before too long with that 16 determination.
3) G. McCarthy (23b) - Only one of two 2 star players coming through the ranks this year. Considering our right wing spot is not as established as our left wing he deserves to be in here with his 4-5 star potential. His personality however, might hold him back. Here's hoping we can change that.

40208288_1-Copy.thumb.png.576c202a2f62255550d73cf4acd02bb4.png

Everyone good luck on your saves. My next post will we our season review and we'll see if we can get promoted through the play offs :D

3 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

I love this just got the game and loaded all players from england just to see the shields team huge fan of the club take my kids to watch every opportunity i can. My mate is also the current captain so a bit biased :) love the detail you've gone to with adding Sam Hodgson And Will jenkins on in the data base. Great Effort 

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | Squad Transfers | Finances | Season 2026/27 (7th Season)

Season Review:

We stared our 7th season good with 4 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in the first 10 games. We introduced a new 4-4-1-1 tactic which worked like a charm in the first third of the season.  But eventually, our opponents started to figure out our tactic and our results were not so good anymore. Until the end of the season we, therefore, slipped to the 10th place. In general, we did far better as predicted before the season, but I must admit, that personally, I'm not satisfied with the season outcome. It seems that I will need to revamp my tactic for the next season in order to get more stable results.

Our cup run didn't last long either as we finished it in the first round against Wolfsburg in a match where we didn't have any chance to promote in the next round.

The player of the season was the player that heavily underperformed in the previous season - Utku Kani. He woked up his goal instinct and he netted solid 20 goals which saw him finish on the 3rd place of the league top goalscorers. Due to his good season, he is a Dynamo Dresden target for the summer transfer window. Let's hope they won't send an offer for him as our board is very inclined to accept offers without my permission. 

TMIDn9B.png

Finances:

As we are renting the Eintracht-Stadion in Braunschweig our fans don't travel in high numbers to our home matches. Thus we collected 1,5 Mio € loss in this season altogether. Luckily we still have a positive balance from playing in the 2. Bundesliga in the season before.

At the beginning of the season, the board accepted my proposal to upgrade the youth facilities for which I'm very happy. Additional good news came at the end of the season when they decided that we will build a new stadium in our hometown of Garbsen. This upgrade is more than welcome as we won't need to travel 75 km for each home match to Braunschweig anymore. The construction will be finished until the end of the next season together with the upgrade of the training facilities.

okPRgdp.png

Youth Academy:

The youth intake wasn't bad but nothing special either with only two players worth to mention:

• Jörg Kleinsorge, pacey winger that can play also on the ST position
  • Christian Weber, CB with good potential to become a solid player for the 3rd tier of German football

Aim for next Season:

With the upgrade of the youth facilities, I'm hoping for a good and quality intake in the next season. My aim for the next season will be to finish the season among the top 6. I think this will be achievable as our core players are developing nicely and with the addition of a few promising youngsters we could even fight for the promotion places. We will definitely fight bravely for this.

112347862_NBFCbadge.thumb.jpg.d2beb2c186ff4857bdbcf76fac64f156.jpg

Nuneaton Borough FC - Season 2022/23 Review Vanarama National League North

League Performance - I didn't really feel during our playoff challenge last season that we could sustain that level and it proved true, as we could only match our position finish of the 20/21 season: finishing safely in mid-table in 13th position. There was 2 main reasons for this: 1/ Father time caught up with Luke Benbow and he only managed 9 goals all year, compared to 37 last season, and 2/ we transitioned from playing a sprinkle of youth grads each game in the past couple of seasons to now playing a team with plenty of them. At the end of the year, we had 8 youth grads in the starting eleven; I'm pretty happy with this by only the end of the 3rd season! The teams around also seemed to have improved. Solskjaer's (yes really!) Stockport won the division, whilst Scarborough won the playoffs against Merthyr, who lost out on the title on goal difference.

1529409581_Y3finish.thumb.PNG.554045fbca113226cfc275fa3b111d5a.PNG

FA Cup -  Our best yet in the FA Cup, we made the 1st round proper. Sadly when we could have drawn Sunderland away for a huge payday, we got Scarborough away, and still lost.

FA Trophy -  Again the best yet, we made the 1st round proper here also, this time knocked out by Stockport.

Squad - Not really a standout player performance-wise, but it's clear to see which player is our talisman. I've now started to refer to Marcus Gourlay as 'the Nuneaton Grealish'. My top 3 players for the season were: 1. Luke Fisher He started off being well on course for a 30+ goal season. He finished by not scoring in over 16 hours of football. He ended with 19 goals, so a good season still. 2. Marcus Gourlay He is rated as being a National League player now and won't entertain contract talks, and is being circled by 5 Football League clubs. He has one more year on his deal with an option for another. I really don't know whether to keep him for 2 more years, hoping for a promotion (and let him leave on a free) or cash in now (his potential is only League Two so I'm not sure how much we'd actually get)… Please give me advice for this guys! 3. Joel Kettle The aging CB has helped me to integrate our younger defenders around him with how solid he is, and scored 8 goals.

2025473331_Y3squad.thumb.PNG.2c0f4ac5dbda641a118a421ed43f0bd7.PNG

606702529_Y3Fisher.thumb.PNG.08c0894bbdf4fd5579cf1e06e86b3a91.PNG 1344005498_Y3Gourlay.thumb.PNG.e62c04bda1aa04941d7878d680441617.PNG 930854072_Y3Kettle.thumb.PNG.7cb0f810a0305e7b7a4044cb3d48ee08.PNG

Top youngsters - We're now starting to get something resembling a conveyor belt for talent for the first team now. My top 3 young players for the season were: 1. Alessandro De Rose He improved no end this season, yet strangely had a much worse goals-to-games ratio. His strike partnership with Fisher is looking strong, and it needs to be with Benbow over the hill now 2. Josh Isaac Another player to improve lots. His free kicks cause lots of problems. Very comfortable on the ball and suits our 3-1-4-2 perfectly. 3. Michael Akpan wasn't amazing but looks like he will be an important player in the future - particularly if Gourlay goes.

1963120841_Y3DeRose.thumb.PNG.aa5ded861a8f80e2ad24497d6be430c5.PNG 1305233731_Y3Isaac.thumb.PNG.3f9b76b191f80f82c0859b77faa892c4.PNG 1324041214_Y3Akpan.thumb.PNG.9e5421422ff173c47e774b854c0353d3.PNG

Youth Intake - This years' YI is okay, one or two look really good but most aren't as good as they're reports suggest. I've put the screenshot of Asier Sierra below, as he is easily the best player from this years' intake. We now have a Spanish, an Italian and a Georgian youth grad playing in our first team, showing that our youth recruitment is really branching out!

1346744640_YI-3.thumb.PNG.c7c3e169703016ac04202ddbdc7c1544.PNG 2135264500_Y3Sierra.thumb.PNG.6c02897d8f09a4c17f1872be469cfb56.PNG

Transfers - Only thing of note is John Webb's transfer to Rotherham for £70k plus 50% ONT. We have a clause that we can activate that trades in the ONT for around £350k, but this keeps increasing so I'm leaving it for now.

1686264629_Y3transfers.thumb.PNG.8a1ee408edabc60c27149ddb79bd2e51.PNG

Finances - Once again steady upwards progress, however now we've upgraded youth rec and academy coaching it is starting to balance out. The next upgrades need to be facilities, to stabilise.

1232053452_Y3finances.thumb.PNG.d8ac77ef35b03b8e4db117b7113cd9d2.PNG

Other Updates - Started my Continental A license - Youth recruitment and academy coaching both up to excellent now - A poor season has meant that attendances have fallen on average over 200 per game since last year

UP THE NUNEATON BORO!

On 20/02/2020 at 20:57, ATW said:

So I have decided to go back to Spain.  This time taking charge of CE L' Hospitalet.

Squad 2020/21

Information

Facilities

The wife exited my game without saving, and although I could go back a month, I do not think it would be right as I played 5 and lost 5 that month, which seen me sitting 2 points into the relegation spots with 5 to play.  So I start again...

Going to Portugal this time. 

Sport Clube Lusitânia Senior Squad 2020/21

Sport Clube Lusitânia Youth Squad 2020/21

Sport Clube Lusitânia General Info

Sport Clube Lusitânia Facilities

Sport Clube Lusitânia Transfers (unfortunately unable to cancel either, will show at end of season that neither played a match). 

@darren1983 - What was the conclusion for the non-vanilla leagues? I've grown a bit tired of Wales, and I'm thinking about doing it somewhere else. And if other leagues were possible, I might go somewhere new.

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

@darren1983 - What was the conclusion for the non-vanilla leagues? I've grown a bit tired of Wales, and I'm thinking about doing it somewhere else. And if other leagues were possible, I might go somewhere new.

Honestly I think I'm still where I was last year, I still don't know enough about custom databases to know what sort of impact it could have but then at this stage of the game cycle I would also imagine the better ones will be more stable and haven't done anything funky to the game (I can remember using and English one once that ruined the FA Cup by having Premiership and Championship clubs entering in round 1) so I think I'm kinda OK if people want to give them a try but that if the challenge is completed I might put a * next to it to say it's a custom database. 

1 minute ago, darren1983 said:

Honestly I think I'm still where I was last year, I still don't know enough about custom databases to know what sort of impact it could have but then at this stage of the game cycle I would also imagine the better ones will be more stable and haven't done anything funky to the game (I can remember using and English one once that ruined the FA Cup by having Premiership and Championship clubs entering in round 1) so I think I'm kinda OK if people want to give them a try but that if the challenge is completed I might put a * next to it to say it's a custom database. 

Thanks, I might have a go with a custom database if I can find any that looks good. I'll also holiday it a few years in advance, just to see that nothing breaks anywhere. I don't mind a * next to my name if I should manage it. I'll most likely go somewhere strange and never finish at any rate! Anyway, might do some Faroese or Andorran attempt, if I can find a good file. If not, then perhaps I need to learn how to do it myself...

It seems you get grants when you reach youth level 4 in england. That's a game changer ! Almost 12k/month, it is huge for a VNLS club :)

Does someone know more about this? Do we get higher grants if you upgrade the youth level?

10 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

It seems you get grants when you reach youth level 4 in england. That's a game changer ! Almost 12k/month, it is huge for a VNLS club :)

Does someone know more about this? Do we get higher grants if you upgrade the youth level?

Wow that's actually really good! I've still not managed to persuade my board to make even one youth level improvement :( 

How long did it take for you? 12k a month could be massive!

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 10 2029/2030

A transition year due to the ME change. A strong start on previous ME, then a lot of poor results. I tried a lot of tweaks without sucess. I am happy to avoid relegation. Surprisingly, 30 points was enough to stay in VNLS this season. My 2 strikers improved a lot, as well as my GK, wich is promising for next season. We really need a DR and midfielders. 2 promising CD are growing and will be in the rotation next year. Due to that, i will release the LAST player from the original squad Arthur who played 500 games with us for 27 goals, 14 assits and 6,95 average. That was a rough call as he was our captain and our team leader. I was able to recruit my legend striker, Mazzone as a coach for u18, he has decent stats and good personality :) Also, i changed my senior affiliate at the end of the season, for Rotherham with a 25k deal. This should bring 15-25k more incomes to the club.

20200303101738_1.thumb.jpg.58a70ee76ae0722ce3e97a6eee0bc821.jpg20200303102622_1.thumb.jpg.0e33b2ddf2156670348715d1a52cc4fb.jpg

A magical run in FA Cup, with a lot of luck. We faced a VNL team in 4q. r, winning convincely, then faced Leyton Orient, a L1 team. I won suprisingly, 2-0 with a heroic defense and 3 shots vs 27. In the 2nd round we faced a VNLN team, first of the league. Again, we got lucky scoring the equalizer in the replay during the last seconds, thanks to a penalty. We won the penalties (damn i got lucky) In the 3rd round, we had the possibility to face a big team away, with the possibility to improve consequently our finances. We drew Oddham at home, our senior affiliate. A bit disapointing, but HEY we got really lucky to get to the 3rd round. They crushed us.  This run bringed to the club around 200k to the club.

20200303102636_1.thumb.jpg.0d96114cca562d5654bd1c6673c27555.jpg20200303102651_1.thumb.jpg.0668eabba60070619f3c54c378e58f96.jpg

A decent year, with a promising GK, DL and ML. A lot of unambitious players.

20200226112241_1.thumb.jpg.a928398a42403e07e226e25c35378259.jpg20200303102705_1.thumb.jpg.cf3446dca850616c53de14950de18647.jpg

Aim for next season: Find a stable tactic for this ****** ME.

Capture.thumb.PNG.e239e7cd48e53bc3da2667dbab6a3321.PNG

Edited by SpS_Zen

Il y a 10 heures, schnauzer a dit :

Wow that's actually really good! I've still not managed to persuade my board to make even one youth level improvement :( 

How long did it take for you? 12k a month could be massive!

10 seasons :D

I have no idea how that's work. I asked my board to improve the youth level, they improved the youth facilities, it costed around 220k from Poor to Basic. Then at the end of the season, the board announced that the youth level was upgraded to 4, and that it will cost around 80K/year. Since then, i receive grants for 11,7k/month. I suppose there is a link.

14 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Excellent news.  What about nations that do not have any relegation from their lowest tier?  Like, Andorra?  Do you holiday for a year and then take over the lowest ranked team?  @darren1983

Edited by DazRTaylor

59 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

10 seasons :D

I have no idea how that's work. I asked my board to improve the youth level, they improved the youth facilities, it costed around 220k from Poor to Basic. Then at the end of the season, the board announced that the youth level was upgraded to 4, and that it will cost around 80K/year. Since then, i receive grants for 11,7k/month. I suppose there is a link.

Nice! I have checked, and my youth level is actually currently level 4, despite me not having asked for any upgrades... However, I'm only receiving around 10k a month in grants, but still very happy with that!

I'm guessing this might be because our youth rec and academy coaching have both been upgraded to excellent, so the board had to match it with the youth level?

On another note, I finally got my training facilities upgrade - for the sum of £750k, ouch!!

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Excellent news.  What about nations that do not have any relegation from their lowest tier?  Like, Andorra?  Do you holiday for a year and then take over the lowest ranked team?  @darren1983

Ideally I'd rather we stuck to leagues that have relegation but those cases then yeah that's what you'd have to do.

I'm thinking of trying a Faroese attempt yet again, but I can't find a good file, so I've taken one I found, and I'm trying to make it work like it should.

This means I have to do some research, and I found a nice Faroese site, but since I don't speak Faroese I'm using the built-in translator in Chrome. And, I really hope the translation is wrong here...

ugzUIAV.pngCpXHOff.png

Also, the translation is really poor... I can read a bit Farose (I'm surprised to find out!) based on my Norwegian, but not enough to understand everything. Oh well, I'll work it in as best I can.

22 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm thinking of trying a Faroese attempt yet again, but I can't find a good file, so I've taken one I found, and I'm trying to make it work like it should.

This means I have to do some research, and I found a nice Faroese site, but since I don't speak Faroese I'm using the built-in translator in Chrome. And, I really hope the translation is wrong here...

ugzUIAV.pngCpXHOff.png

Also, the translation is really poor... I can read a bit Farose (I'm surprised to find out!) based on my Norwegian, but not enough to understand everything. Oh well, I'll work it in as best I can.

This is the best thing I've seen all day. Absolute quality translation :D

I am not sure what league to start in.  I want a low ranking league, with the ability to grow.  What leagues have the shortest seasons?  Worldwide this is, not just Europe.  I have never managed in Asia so could be fun.  Or a smaller South American country.  Ideas please!

37 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I am not sure what league to start in.  I want a low ranking league, with the ability to grow.  What leagues have the shortest seasons?  Worldwide this is, not just Europe.  I have never managed in Asia so could be fun.  Or a smaller South American country.  Ideas please!

For me one comes to mind. Iceland has a really short season. However, if you want to win a champions league it won't be an easy choice whatsoever. You can take a look at it, but maybe someone else has a better idea.

3 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Have a look at the Gibraltarian league as each team plays 21 games for the season. Cel1234 has a very good db over in the editor section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Gibraltar_National_League

NK Zadar: 2040/41 season review

Another season of silverware as we clinched the league title again. Hajduk fell away spectacularly this season but Dinamo came back strongly. Champions League wise, we were again knocked out by the eventually winners, this time Manchester City in the first knockouts. I think we will need a very kind draw to complete the challenge.

1394554916_TABLE41.thumb.png.512b24123898abe7ea458d6d8ac0bea6.png

Superb numbers across the board again. Boris Maric (27E) broke the record for goals in a season.

215730797_SQUAD41.thumb.png.aeccb5442ebfcd0a37b0d16949fe0d35.png

Youth intake was pretty decent. This guy being the highlight...

271035158_YOUTH41.thumb.png.9f80feab85d20d20f24dd00d8e0eb5a4.png   1555935077_YT41.thumb.png.b45b7d497ec341abdaa2bc0dd5f55804.png

Transfers. Sad news as one of our veterans had to retire due to a lengthy injury.

285723696_TRANSFERS41.thumb.png.3b10e5806db88a25218e020b5b788622.png   984011492_RETIRE41.thumb.png.998f89d4ec64635599325d3aabef53b5.png

image.thumb.png.a1a1048818df0535ce2b210934ba932f.png

1370293385_LEAGUE41.thumb.png.fe66b4de113c35c08aa7f9933b90eb07.png

hala-jaen-e1369268592322.thumb.png.74252f904547033b91fedffb1460c53a.png

Season 2022 / 2023

14th in Segunda Division

League Table        Squad          Youth Intake           Transfer History

Absolutely delighted with staying in the division this season. I had a really bad spell of form with some big losses, but I stuck with my tactic and managed to get enought points to stay up.

Next season I expect to do better, squad will be the same with some additions from last intake and my prospects already in the squad have got alot of playing time and develop well.

But this season I have been very fragile as expected with a young team so hopefully I will be abit more solid next season.

I have managed to balance the finances so now I atleast dont loose money every month. So next step will be to try get some money in, get a positive balance and start building for the future :) 

Youth Intake was pretty good, again defenders and midfielder, got one attacking player but 2 in finishing was a bummer but he is quick so he can potentially be a good winger for me.

Jose Antonio looks very promising tho :) 

20200304151800_1.thumb.jpg.975df73982268276f3c8b10acbedb374.jpg20200304151810_1.thumb.jpg.b0af5ac8dec5687fa2c738ba2e92a147.jpg20200304151842_1.thumb.jpg.30489e47cf5ba1cf6e0b937fa8822f32.jpg

GL ALL !!! :) 

20200304210540_1.thumb.jpg.f3b311630f7121df70dd76fb3c7996a5.jpg

112347862_NBFCbadge.thumb.jpg.d2beb2c186ff4857bdbcf76fac64f156.jpg

Nuneaton Borough FC - Season 2023/24 Review Vanarama National League North

League Performance - Oh wow, what a season that was - we got promoted via the playoffs! We started like champions elect, with our left winger Henshall picking up something like 10 goals and 10 assists in the first 14 games. During this we were flying high at the top of the league, and it seemed that everything was finally aligning. He then got injured for 3 months and we completely fell apart, winning just 3 league games in all of December, January and February put together. Fortunately from March onwards we regained our 1st half of the season form and sneaked into the playoffs. A massive part throughout was Alessandro De Rose's goals (just as Luke Benbow's had been in our playoff finish 2 years ago), and he fired in a record 39 goals (34 in the league) to keep us in and around the playoffs.

I had no expectations whatsoever once we reached the playoffs, as we'd have to play 3 games in total - all away games against good sides. We started with a nervy 2-1 win at Kidderminster. Next we played Gateshead. We went 1-0 but they levelled, so extra time was needed. They get a penalty. Super John Tanko saves it! Then, in the 118th minute our 18yr old substitute BWM Nicky Duggan pokes it home at the back post to put us in the final! For this game at Harrogate I feel we have no chance. They pay their top player £2,100 PER WEEK (in this league wow) and they have the clinical Benny Ashley-Seal up front. Twice we lead but twice they level, and then that man Tanko again saves a penalty!! Up steps striker Luke Fisher to score his 13th league goal of the season in the 88th minute to take us to the National League!

I really don't think that we can survive there however. We have one more year on Gourlay's contract and I really hope now that we are in the VNL he will re-sign. Fortunately I got in just early enough to tie De Rose down to a mega deal, signing him until 2028 with a further 2 year extension clause. If we can keep these two, and much of our squad improves with the higher opposition level and improved training facilities, then we might just pull off staying up next season, you never know.

809279957_Y4finish.thumb.PNG.2552f4a0598bd0c9d59e7291e00b4293.PNG  699655331_Y4form.thumb.PNG.1a9af60f25fe1abcf9023b8e64c747c1.PNG

FA Cup -  Like last year we made the 1st round proper -  however this year we are rewarded with a trip to nearby Coventry City (our parent club), where we lose respectably 2-0 in front of a crowd of 9,000.

FA Trophy -  We get reasonably far, making the 3rd round proper. Here we come unstuck at FC United, losing 3-1.

Squad - There was a different feel to my squad this season; we looked like we belonged in the top part of the division. Three players shone however. My top 3 players for the season were: 1. Alessandro De Rose I can't believe how much this guy has progressed in the last few seasons. In our youth intake he didn't stand out, and started as a light blue star player. Now he is 5 stars and scoring 39 goals a season. Easily my favourite player, and our key man. 2. Marcus Gourlay We need the Nuneaton Grealish to sign a new deal. He's had L1&2 clubs interested for the past 3 years. Far too good of a playmaker to be in the non-league though. 3. Alex Henshall His 3 month injury so nearly cost us promotion. In the form of his life for the first 20 games. 30 years old now so not sure if he can make the step up to VNL level, so I'm prepping his replacement already.

154534258_Y4squad.thumb.PNG.342533210827cef88e7a7bc35dd4be92.PNG

1405665194_Y4DeRose.thumb.PNG.49fb3326206b6b251387cee5bae0bb71.PNG 1433230428_Y4Gourlay.thumb.PNG.73aab8c1343c3ef4ffa56656a9c1c764.PNG 598180316_Y4Henshall.thumb.PNG.c2c58aa67ec266c416e158cf5ccc4e81.PNG

Top youngsters - Our youngsters in defence looked shaky at times but they dealt with the regular games well and improved over the season. My top 3 young players for the season were: 1. Josh Isaac Our most solid defender, and he got the 2nd most assists this season with 8. His stats aren't really improving too much yet however. 2. John Tanko How can I not include the Tank?! 2 penalty saves in the playoffs were vital for promotion. Yes he looks quite bad on paper but he's surprisingly good on the pitch. Keepers are weird on FM. 3. Asier Sierra our biggest defensive prospect racked up 48 appearances in his first season, and even made an appearance for Spain u20s! Needs to improve his speed and low determination but he should be a player who can make the step up in levels next season.

1630370248_Y4Isaac.thumb.PNG.7171207af789d6e221ea33f37499c4a3.PNG 2072089603_Y4Tanko.thumb.PNG.9f7c83d458cb565b72cd9d8b93caeb8e.PNG 625451171_Y4Sierra.thumb.PNG.84fc57f14339fff3af252aff6e5fa563.PNG

Youth Intake - Whilst this years' YI was poor overall, we got our next non-league wonderkid to go with Gourlay and De Rose. Steve Sadler looks incredible, and when he turns 17 he will sign his new deal until 2029. He played on the right of midfield in our 3-1-4-2 formation for the final 7 games including the playoffs and smashed it, however if we lose Gourlay I will play him in Gourlay's AP role in CM instead. 

1329289042_Y4Sadler.thumb.PNG.c0db30a4765b154d3656a47c2b83ea5f.PNG

Transfers - Nothing... And hopefully it stays that way!

1779696492_Y4transfers.thumb.PNG.61ac4e328f86125183b648a368c61c8c.PNG

Finances - For a large part of the season we were above the £1mil mark, however now that we've splashed out £750k on new training facilities we back at 250k. Still very healthy, and hopefully with our low wage bill and higher attendances in the VNL next year we can aim to improve youth training facilities before long also.

166119950_Y4finances.thumb.PNG.b325c7e8cb0095ef5f4e1e0db432aba3.PNG

Other Updates - Started my Continental Pro license - Averaging around 1,200 fans a game again - New facilities due for completion end of October

UP THE NUNEATON BORO!

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 11 2030/2031

Good results at home, and big troubles away. I got carried by 2 substitutes: a striker Lawson04f with 17 goals and 7 assists for a 7,53 rating, and a CD Pope 05d with 9 goals and 3 assits for 7,19 rating. Yeah, you read it right, my CD is my third best scorer this season (@@@ME). I conceded a high amount of goals on free kicks (22 - 1 every 2 games lol), most of them being play short and followed by a long shot...My 2 promising CD improved a lot and confirmed their high potential. I'm super happy about this. Finally, my board choose the last game of the season as fan day, the first fan day in 11 season. This was a disaster, we lost 1-3 and failed to create a single clear cut chance lol. We won't get our 32th season ticket holder yet.

1100600_20200307112451_1.thumb.png.b0dd95da8def54d59c7a3954b775e6a7.png1100600_20200307112504_1.thumb.png.25c316bf496c4db900f000f60947de63.png

My worst season in cups, with 2 eliminations straight away. The FA Cup one is notable, as i lost to a tier 9 team with only 1 generated player. They scored 4 times while having only a semi clear cut chance the whole game. 3 long shots from the same random player and a last minute goal. (again @@@@@@ME) 

Thanks to the grants (12k/month Pog), i have some financial margin now. I was able to recruit Arthur, favoured personnel and 500 games with the team, as ass. man for u18. With the club legend, Mazzonne as u18 manager, my youths have some great models to follow. I also plan to recruit a GK coach and a physio growing the staff number to 10 + me.

I also used this margin to improve youth recruitment and to offer better wages to some players. I have an issue with an agent who is representing 5-6 of my players, and ask for unrealistic salaries. I can wait for now, but this might be an issue later on when the players reach the end of their contracts.

1100600_20200307112532_1.thumb.png.86585f31130fc59ef05bf92adf1cea86.png1100600_20200307112547_1.thumb.png.6cc717e18ac1ca039fa5342bb74c253a.png

It feels like the best YT i got so far. A MC is my most promising player with some interesting attributes. 

20200303222951_1.thumb.jpg.022253a9b7389b09fc72049f3b7a927e.jpg1100600_20200307112558_1.thumb.png.ba8f382fe2c99a6e433bbc372a12ead2.png

Aim for next season: improve tactics+reach Play offs

471268636_Annotation2020-03-07113635.thumb.png.384d41c40c4435f8534c38756d830d0f.png

NK Zadar: 2041/42 season review

Our best season yet as we completed the treble. Unfortunately, it didn't include the Champions League but did involve winning the Europa League after we'd fail to get out of the CL group stage. We've now won the league 3 times in a row.

1944660918_TABLE42.thumb.png.8d443308282b835ba0177d505cdd7e79.png

Superb numbers across the board again. Sad news is that our only elite player will go to Man Utd on a bosman after he wouldn't sign a new contract. It will be interesting to see who steps in to the void.

1523646447_SQUAD42.thumb.png.db4e576e9a697442ada076b55f593d04.png   1995289014_BOSMAN42.thumb.png.a45bca495b5bfd2a527a3ee5c1f24c36.png

Youth intake was shocking. I may need to look at changing HoyD again.

1308919087_YOUTH42.thumb.png.039a032d4036c5bac22e2e08f6762b08.png

Transfers. Annoyingly we saw a board takeover which involved the new chairman buying a player as part of it (never seen it before). So I'll soon have a reserve player worth £37m :seagull:

976774510_TRANSFERS42.thumb.png.c8bb98b30557c251b8968fc163bfc047.png   886965621_SIGNING42.thumb.png.0248a097386ba87a821373c20c900f02.png

image.thumb.png.ae0c8db173c691b96cf98de6071d96f6.png

1676116096_EUROPA42.thumb.png.6af8d1d56629253b204c03e56bff0498.png

So.... I've decided to restart, but going back.... TO VÖLSUNGUR! Iceland baby, I'm back! :hammer:

7Dm9xyX.png

I'm ready to run through the seasons, just like the old days... as soon as I find a working tactic, that is!

NK Zadar: 2042/43 season review

Another domestic double winning season as we secured our fourth league title in a row. European wise, we made it to the Champions League Q/F before falling to Real Madrid.

370006145_TABLE43.thumb.png.097bf9497d199e7e8487a5e9a6b4cfa2.png   1376268568_LEAGUE43.thumb.png.dd7b5659474ba03c42bcaad37094fbe8.png

Excellent stats for the squad. Our new wonderkid has emerged.

559274549_SQUAD43.thumb.png.d3fbcdfbade4872a7bd6339b38b50f30.png   932911134_KOVA43.thumb.png.69dce5dae625b80eb0c98b77eea97be9.png

Youth intake improved which will help with replacing some of the old guard.

693027877_YOUTH43.thumb.png.ac257f3b330f83758ca522fe2fcdb67f.png

Transfers. Sent out the chairman's purchase for a season to Liverpool so his wages were paid. Shipped him out to Everton at the end of the season.

1853058305_LINDBERG43.thumb.png.80cca2ab03b48ea78db1c7314bae77ed.png

image.thumb.png.b34d1f41412184f2407c702b0804404e.png

CUP 43.png

27 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I love Iceland.  Get through seasons very quickly.  Enjoy @XaW!

Yeah, that's the plan! Thanks!

Btw, I got the best utility backup ever! "Can you play at..", "Yes".

hJS8R1b.png

Edited by XaW

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Shame he is 35.  😂

Young compared to our backup centreback!

5kVWua0.png

He made his debut for the club in 2001!

O9ccqnM.png

I mean, he's older than me!

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Young compared to our backup centreback!

5kVWua0.png

He made his debut for the club in 2001!

O9ccqnM.png

I mean, he's older than me!

That is insane. But, damn look at that rating last season. How did the lads get promoted?