The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Sooooooooooooooooooooo….

Do any of you guys have experience of managing in leagues with big winter breaks?

The reason I ask is that I've just tried to go on a coaching course and the board have told me it's not possible as they need me due to training/fixtures. I've looked and I actually agree with them as there is less than a month between my last league fixture and my first friendly and after two weeks we're now back in pre-season training.

So, for leagues like this, do I ask to go on a coaching course in the winter break you think?

You just need to remove all your trainning assignments and then ask the board again for the course. Used to work.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I allowed to derail the thread a bit and ask do any of you have ideas yet of where you’re gunna start this challenge when BETA/release happens?

I plan on doing this challenge when BETA drops and try Mexico as I want to try somewhere outside of Europe and I thought I’d go there.

Also, can I ask for clarification on the rules of the challenge? In the opening post it says if you get sacked you must start again. Does this mean I have to go back to the first year and start again or can I keep in the save but just start again in the future with the next years promoted teams? I’d really like to have a one save youth challenge but if I get sacked take on a new team in the same year/end of season.

19 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Am I allowed to derail the thread a bit and ask do any of you have ideas yet of where you’re gunna start this challenge when BETA/release happens?

I plan on doing this challenge when BETA drops and try Mexico as I want to try somewhere outside of Europe and I thought I’d go there.

Also, can I ask for clarification on the rules of the challenge? In the opening post it says if you get sacked you must start again. Does this mean I have to go back to the first year and start again or can I keep in the save but just start again in the future with the next years promoted teams? I’d really like to have a one save youth challenge but if I get sacked take on a new team in the same year/end of season.

You can continue with another newly promoted team, BUT that team cannot have been up into the playable tiers before. So if Team X got relegated the first season and then gets promoted again the 3rd season you cannot take over them. So it has to be a team that were unplayable the first season and haven't been promoted before the season you take over.

As for the Beta, I don't know. I might have another go in Norway, I think my local club Follo is still available to play, if they haven't added any leagues, that is!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

You can continue with another newly promoted team, BUT that team cannot have been up into the playable tiers before. So if Team X got relegated the first season and then gets promoted again the 3rd season you cannot take over them. So it has to be a team that were unplayable the first season and haven't been promoted before the season you take over.

As for the Beta, I don't know. I might have another go in Norway, I think my local club Follo is still available to play, if they haven't added any leagues, that is!

Ahh ok ta.

I think I broke the rules a bit in my current save then as one of the Dutch teams I got sacked from went down and came back up. Not with them now anymore though so that’s good.

6 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Ahh ok ta.

I think I broke the rules a bit in my current save then as one of the Dutch teams I got sacked from went down and came back up. Not with them now anymore though so that’s good.

Yeah, most people start over in another country if they get sacked, so it's kind of a sleeping rule so to say.

Edit: Looking at the rules again, it seems like it's changed to:

On 31/10/2019 at 17:44, darren1983 said:

If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.

So perhaps it was changed when I weren't looking... ;)

Edited by XaW

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, most people start over in another country if they get sacked, so it's kind of a sleeping rule so to say.

That’s fine.

If I get sacked in Mexico I’ll just restart from day 1 in a new country and work my way around South America.

Like I said, got a few save ideas but I will defo be contributing to this challenge next year. 

1 minute ago, metallimuse said:

Like I said, got a few save ideas but I will defo be contributing to this challenge next year. 

This challenge, man, it gets you hooked in and addicted...

Season Review 2266/67

Have you ever seen a more unlucky manager than me??? Ever?

Losing two cup finals

League Cup and Europa

League Cup, 2-0 and coasting and had a collapse second half and lost in ET. Had 5 first team players out injured or suspesned and only had 4 players on the bench

20201027135727_1.thumb.jpg.9c355f31c2b45f2a5469264e79ba78cd.jpg

20201027160347_1.thumb.jpg.a16a96a0b493656d31dc267d22548a54.jpg

Nothing to write home about in Youth Intake

Managed to finish 4th, way off top 3 

20201027161816_1.thumb.jpg.31fe29680368ebb873a48e2ea9216ae8.jpg

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

This challenge, man, it gets you hooked in and addicted...

It’s always been my style to use youth as much as I can so it’s a natural progression lol.

My plan is to use the challenge to explore countries outside Scotland and the big 5 leagues as after 15 years I’ve been really guilty of not exploring more of the game available.

It will obvs make it much harder to complete the challenge but it’s almost not the point for me. It will hook me in and get me invested in the save.

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

Season Review 2266/67

Have you ever seen a more unlucky manager than me??? Ever?

Losing two cup finals

League Cup and Europa

League Cup, 2-0 and coasting and had a collapse second half and lost in ET. Had 5 first team players out injured or suspesned and only had 4 players on the bench

20201027135727_1.thumb.jpg.9c355f31c2b45f2a5469264e79ba78cd.jpg

20201027160347_1.thumb.jpg.a16a96a0b493656d31dc267d22548a54.jpg

Nothing to write home about in Youth Intake

Managed to finish 4th, way off top 3 

20201027161816_1.thumb.jpg.31fe29680368ebb873a48e2ea9216ae8.jpg

Is this the only save you’ve had in this release?

I can’t imagine with how far you’ve got in years you had time for other saves :lol:

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Yes, I am going to start in England. Maybe FC United again as had some success with them this season.

44 minutes ago, XaW said:

I honestly don't remember adding that :D 

As for me I've not given it any thought as to who I'll start with, need to do some research over the coming weeks for interesting teams I think. I sadly won't be finishing FC United as haven't had the time and think a 2/3 week break to recharge the batteries could help. 

Never heard of this challenge before despite playing the game for the last 15 years.

Here we go....

Note* (I do have a data editor pack included, ie 2021 squads Bale at Spurs etc hoping this is not against the rules, can't see why it would be?)

image.thumb.png.8b45970ab06457a91891ff1cb885713c.png

And yes, this challenge is very addictive!  My first time doing it and am hooked.

I also want to try The Netherlands though they are very difficult as the promoted sides are so much worse than the rest of the teams.  Germany too as their youth are amazing, though it adds an element that you can’t play them until they are 17 years old.

22 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Is this the only save you’ve had in this release?

I can’t imagine with how far you’ve got in years you had time for other saves :lol:

Took me from release date to Boxing Day to not get sacked over the first 2/3 seasons

I have motored through the seasons since lockdown as working from home 

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

And yes, this challenge is very addictive!  My first time doing it and am hooked.

I also want to try The Netherlands though they are very difficult as the promoted sides are so much worse than the rest of the teams.  Germany too as their youth are amazing, though it adds an element that you can’t play them until they are 17 years old.

Only way I play FM now and have done for last 4/5 years

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Only way I play FM now and have done for last 4/5 years

When I had that takeover that bought a few players without my approval, I had a Steam achievement for "record purchase" kick in! I'm just about only playing this now. Some times, if there are big changes I play another "normal" game during the beta to get to know the changes, but other than that this challenge all the way!

45 minutes ago, Padders said:

Took me from release date to Boxing Day to not get sacked over the first 2/3 seasons

I have motored through the seasons since lockdown as working from home 

Are you kidding me?!?!

You've done two hundred years in game since Boxing Day?!?!?

I think if I'd have been a one save guy since release date I would have only clocked about 120 years and I've figured out that that is nearly a third of the year spent playing FM in terms of hours.

48 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I found the Netherlands really difficult and I did three attempts.

I would still consider doing it again but yeah, it was difficult. 

52 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Are you kidding me?!?!

You've done two hundred years in game since Boxing Day?!?!?

I think if I'd have been a one save guy since release date I would have only clocked about 120 years and I've figured out that that is nearly a third of the year spent playing FM in terms of hours.

Yeah. doing on average a season a day Monday to Friday

I was in 2053 when lockdown first hit in March, so done just over 200 years since then

20201027183516_1.thumb.jpg.c00ead58f6ba997c80022c112006554d.jpg

35 minutes ago, Padders said:

Yeah. doing on average a season a day Monday to Friday

I was in 2053 when lockdown first hit in March, so done just over 200 years since then

20201027183516_1.thumb.jpg.c00ead58f6ba997c80022c112006554d.jpg

I can do usually do a season in 12 hours of gameplay or less. I have spent over 3000 hours playing FM2020 and that works out at 125 days of constant gameplay.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I can do usually do a season in 12 hours of gameplay or less. I have spent over 3000 hours playing FM2020 and that works out at 125 days of constant gameplay.

Yeah I’m the same. I was shocked when I worked that out and realised I’ve literally spent a third of the past 12 months playing the game :eek:.

well, Norwich beat us 4-2 and took the title. But we've finally made it to the Champions League!

45norwichwon.JPG.df6f7ec650c029e605ee21b1ed80e7fe.JPG

not bad for a season that saw us bottom after 3 games with 1 point!

the difference was this lad:-

45christie.thumb.JPG.d2a176012daae68e90c04a0d6dced163.JPG

I had a feeling he was going to be good, but not quite this good. For the first time all 3 of my strikers are world class, which probably won't happen again. 

45christiegoldenboy.JPG.ecb355ec06de9c423049a2ffe3c2fc17.JPG

This challenge is crazy addictive. I haven't bough a player on FM20...

@darren1983, did you decide to make a new thread for FM21? I would suggest to just keep this one and change the name. This would give people the opportunity to keep playing on an earlier version and also give a hall of fame that is not only isolated to a single version of the game. 

Season Review 2267/68

Really poor season

Knocked out of Champions League in first knockout road

Lost in FA Cup and League Cup in Semi Finals and finished a poor 7th in Premier League

Youth intake again. The current HOYD has been brilliant over the years but that's two years running with nothing above 2 stars. Give him one more year to sort it

20201028141900_1.thumb.jpg.ecfb3283e1389366fe27377d1283e86e.jpgwas awful

Changed tactic couple of times during the season

Tried a new one last game against relegated MK Dons

Lets see if this works next season

20201028141512_1.thumb.jpg.5c813b9cd799ba6caf7765c59dea3ea9.jpg

Edited by Padders

34 minutes ago, Padders said:

Changed tactic couple of times during the season

Tried a new one last game against relegated MK Dons

that's an impressive number of shots!

i'm still stuck using 4-3-3, i think i need a chsange to push on though.

So I have played virtually a whole season with this club and didn't want to post without knowing I would play for a while.  Well, at least until FM21 is out.  Here is my German club.

Club Introduction

TSV Alemannia Aachen

800 Euro Geldstrafe für Alemannia Aachen :: DFB - Deutscher Fußball-Bund  e.V.

The Manager

This is me.

32mMGkW.png

PT0vzTU.png

Squad

Good enough to survive.

XTO7eHt.png

Finance

A healthy balance, though the projection is not quite so good.

L2Gb8Sh.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Good                 Good              Poor                      Good                  Average          Average            National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          Europa Conference League      League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                   Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

So I have played virtually a whole season with this club and didn't want to post without knowing I would play for a while.  Well, at least until FM21 is out.  Here is my German club.

Club Introduction

TSV Alemannia Aachen

The Manager

This is me.

32mMGkW.png

PT0vzTU.png

Squad

Good enough to survive.

XTO7eHt.png

Finance

A healthy balance, though the projection is not quite so good.

L2Gb8Sh.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Good                 Good              Poor                      Good                  Average          Average            National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          Europa Conference League      League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                   Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21

I have also picked them lol. Your manager avatar even has the same colors as me lol. I look forward to seeing how you do. I only got past day last night but going to crack on with it tonight. 

Good luck to you buddy.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have also picked them lol. Your manager avatar even has the same colors as me lol. I look forward to seeing how you do. I only got past day last night but going to crack on with it tonight. 

Good luck to you buddy.

Thank you.  The same to you as well.  :thup:

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

that's an impressive number of shots!

i'm still stuck using 4-3-3, i think i need a chsange to push on though.

Yes I need to find a way to be more competitive in PL and Champions League

Tried 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-3 now on a 4-4-2

End of Season Review

Season 2020/21

TSV Alemannia Aachen

League Table - I am very happy with how we performed and we finished ninth.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started poorly, not winning in the first six games, but we rallied somewhat.

Pre Season Friendlies - Four games, winning two and losing two.  A win against top flight Hamburg is the obvious highlight.

Mid Season Friendlies - Three friendlies were played during the winter break to maintain fitness levels.

Squad - We are good enough to survive, though I feel we over achieved this season.

Squad Dynamics - Very good despite my lack of experience and lack of qualifications.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Five departures, including a hot prospect, sold by the board over my head.

Youth Candidates - A "Golden Generation" with plenty of potential first team players coming through the academy.  Marcel Simon YP21A1 looks like the best prospect this season.

Finances - Not so good.  We are losing money.

Key Players

David Pütz - The best player at the club by some distance, the anchor man dictated games most of the season.

Kai-David Bösing - Central midfielder who got better as the season wore on.

Matti Fiedler - Centre half who was an automatic selection.

Florian Rüter - Experienced right winger who had a fine season.

Peter Heckenberg - Veteran central defender who is vital to the defence.  Missed the last third of the season due to a broken leg.

Next Season

Another season of mid table mediocrity would be lovely.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.50*) ↑   None =                 3 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   3 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   4 =   1 =   3 ↑   3 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

2020/21    Good =               Good =            Poor =                    Good =                Average =        Average =          National = (2.50*) =

Season Record

2020/21      38        15       14        9          62              51                +11

Overall Career Record

2020/21          38        15       14        9          62              51                +11               341 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2020/21           N/a                N/a                          N/a                3. Liga.                              9th       Did not enter.              Safe mid table.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                   0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                 0

Edited by DazRTaylor

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

End of Season Review

Season 2020/21

TSV Alemannia Aachen

League Table - I am very happy with how we performed and we finished ninth.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We started poorly, not winning in the first six games, but we rallied somewhat.

Pre Season Friendlies - Four games, winning two and losing two.  A win against top flight Hamburg is the obvious highlight.

Mid Season Friendlies - Three friendlies were played during the winter break to maintain fitness levels.

Squad - We are good enough to survive, though I feel we over achieved this season.

Squad Dynamics - Very good despite my lack of experience and lack of qualifications.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Five departures, including a hot prospect, sold by the board over my head.

Youth Candidates - A "Golden Generation" with plenty of potential first team players coming through the academy.  Marcel Simon YP21A1 looks like the best prospect this season.

Finances - Not so good.  We are losing money.

Key Players

David Pütz - The best player at the club by some distance, the anchor man dictated games most of the season.

Kai-David Bösing - Central midfielder who got better as the season wore on.

Matti Fiedler - Centre half who was an automatic selection.

Florian Rüter - Experienced right winger who had a fine season.

Peter Heckenberg - Veteran central defender who is vital to the defence.  Missed the last third of the season due to a broken leg.

Next Season

Another season of mid table mediocrity would be lovely.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.50*) +   None =                 3 +   3 +   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   3 +   4 +   3 +   4 =   1 =   3 +   3 +   6 +   1 =   4 +   4 +

Club Facilities

2020/21    Good =               Good =            Poor =                    Good =                Average =        Average =          National = (2.50*) =

Season Record

2020/21      38        15       14        9          62              51                +11

Overall Career Record

2020/21          38        15       14        9          62              51                +11               341 days

Trophy Haul

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Career Overview

2020/21           N/a                N/a                          N/a                3. Liga.                              9th       Did not enter.              Safe mid table.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                   0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                 0

Good first season mate. I have decided to do a differernt save but will try this challenge in a few days.

Donegal Celtic F.C. - Wikipedia

Donegal Celtic

Season 2028/29 Review – Danske Bank Premiership – Northern Ireland

League (9th)SquadTransfersFinances

Top Goalscorer – Ryan Norton YP5M (15)

Top Average Rating – Ryan Norton YP5M (6.87)

Most Assists – Martin McMullan YP7B (6)

This was a poor season for us, we finished in the same position as last season but ended up 10 points worse off which was largely due to a big gulf in quality between the bottom 5 teams and the rest. We conceded a massive 68 goals in the league and did poorly in the cups but I’m just glad that we managed to stay up as there were a few points in the season which I was worried we’d be dragged into a relegation dogfight.

In pre-season Larne came in for Kyle McDermott YP7I last years top scorer for a record sale of £79k rising to £105k. Last years top two promising strikers from the youth intake were both also sold for a combined £80k. As well as this, we benefitted from the sale of a former youth product from Larne to Juventus!! Through a sell on clause, however, we only got around £100k from this which was a lot lower than I was expecting. Thanks to these sales our finances improved again, and we ended the year with £326k in the bank, which still isn’t enough to improve the facilities unfortunately, but I must be close now.

Our U18’s won their league for the second year running and the youth intake this year was strong again with two players who come straight into the first team, including a much needed striker to replace the 3 that left at the start of the season. The aim for next season will be to avoid relegation whilst also continuing to build our bank balance to hopefully afford a facilities upgrade.

Youth Intake

217721220_CANdidates9.thumb.png.1867549a9a41ad53ea75274257648c65.png

Ron Connell YP9E – We were lacking depth up front after the sale of 3 strikers in pre season so it was nice to see a decent striker come through, particularly a deep lying forward who will make a good partner for Ryan Norton YP5M next season if I can hold on to them both.

John Galbraith YP9C – A 6’6 17-year-old! This kid is a giant and should get a fair few games next season and hopefully chip in with some goals from set pieces.

Club Progress

1777642527_progress9.thumb.PNG.efcaa764a65d0ebac90ee2db9f2a0679.PNG

Been playing this challenge with CS Sedan for 5 seasons now and have managed to get into the second division. 

I'm assuming it's normal to have one or two players each year get unsettled and bought by the bigger teams? I'm hoping eventually that the players that don't leave will slowly bring up the quality of the whole team.

3 hours ago, Rosqo said:

I'm assuming it's normal to have one or two players each year get unsettled and bought by the bigger teams? I'm hoping eventually that the players that don't leave will slowly bring up the quality of the whole team.

yeah, totally normal. It's annoying as hell as well but it's a good way of getting the cash to invest in your facilities as well so in the long run it's not so bad

And eventually, the good players don't want to leave!

Season Review 2268/69

The new 4-4-2 tactic didn't work after a few heavy defeats early on, so spent the season messing around with new ones. Still can't find that works

The unluckiest manager ever in Finals continues. I make that all SIX European finals I have lost now

20201029095953_1.thumb.jpg.843cd05e7441e7daeb0f4ae722610946.jpg

Really poor PL season again 

20201029100002_1.thumb.jpg.23692290274f548f2083fbc2208a81f2.jpg

Board confidence C+ and job security "Stable" the lowest its been for years

20201029100606_1.thumb.jpg.e66d1d3387514d26aee9a531fd793442.jpg

Took a break from this but going to go back until FM21 is released

766164.png.2da50267514e236b438f73ed0210ea75.png

Crispypaul
Floy

Norwegian Eliteserien

League - Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Table - another good season saw us lift the title for the 2nd time

Cup - Fixtures- also won this again

Champions League/Europa League - Fixtures | Table - overcame Dundalk in the CL 3rd qualifying round but Shaktar were too much in the play off.  Anderlecht, Celtic and Lille await in the group stages, and after some solid results (6-0 away at Anderlecht....) we finished 2nd and qualified for the 1st Knockout round.

Finances - all fine.  A new stadium is coming.

Transfers - Aker-Iversen was sold for good money to Watford

Squad

Key players

Leif Otto Borhaug YP24e - quality player

Henrik Andersen - last orginal player left

Robin Fredriksen YP19b -

Espen Sanden YP21f - first choice centre half

Yang Junkui YP23b - still a solid keeper

Thomas Haugeland YP22b - prolific again

Anton Aker-Iversen YP23d - 

Nils Kristian Akersvatne YP21c - good season 

Phillip Nyhus YP25b - brilliant again

Espen Baras YP25e - now in the first team

Martin Norheim YP25d - first team left winger

Ronny Pettersen YP25a - now first choice right back

Youth Update

Won the U19 league again and the cup

Intake: another good intake

1. Arlind Elezi YP27a - beginning | season end - massive centre half

2. Jan Erik Olberg YP27b - beginning | season end - decent full back

3. Jesper Finsadal YP27c -   beginning   | season end - could be a good keeper

4. Frode Bjorkavag YP27d -  beginning | season end - central midfielder with good det

5. Per Egil Bohler YP27e - beginning | season end - promising winger

6. Hilmar Sigurdsson YP27f  beginning |  season end - Icelandic striker

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2020    	D2	      	 1st      		SF   		League winners, promoted
2021		D1		 5th			4th
2022		D1		 7th			SF
2023		D1		 1st			4th		League winners, promoted
2024		Elite		 5th			4th		
2025		Elite		 2nd			Runnersup	Qualified for ECL
2026		Elite		 1st			Winners		Mesterfinalen winners
2027		Elite		1st			Winners		Qualifed for EL knockouts

Future - another title is looking good.  We're now the top team in the country.

Just had my best season yet!

Was in a title chase all season again and found myself one point off the top after beating both our main rivals in the space of a week at christmas. a poor march/april put paid to any title dreams but a 3rd place finish was still pretty good!

46finaltable.JPG.5490de20b4cbd7aa45e3f5c284e18ad2.JPG

Our first Champions League adventure was fun too. We were seeded 4th so I knew we were going to get a tough draw. Borrussia Dortmund and PSG it was. We did really well and would have qualified with a win against Dortmund in the final game, but a 3-3 draw saw us slip into the Europa League on goal difference

46champsleague.JPG.57347ebc130fd4648b9c8f687df6411b.JPG

Europa League was fun. We got Bayern Munich in the qusrter final and after struggling to a 1-1 draw in the home leg I had no expectations when we travelled to Munich. We were spectacular, winning 5-3! The semi saw us trounce Benfica 4-1 in the away leg, meaning our reserves could see out the return, setting up a final against Liverpool....

46europaleaguefinal.JPG.623de53c1fe4e6e199db9be6c5d25631.JPG  46woohoo.JPG.dfe127dd52d6becc12c793be7d5126a0.JPG

Ok, it's not the Champions League but it's our first Cup win and our first European trophy!

This boy is insane btw....

46christire.thumb.JPG.4454a81d99fab47c4067dadcfce5d37e.JPG

he was only 3.5 potential as well when he popped out of the development squad. Not too shabby!