The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.png.a126123e9f6c365439f10125625c60af.png

League | FA Cup | League Cup | Europa League | Transfers | Squad | Finances

Strange update here considering I did the first half of the season about 2 months ago so my memory of it is less than clear! :D I do remember we lost the Charity Shield. Even with that it was still an odd season, lots of big sides struggled (Utd and City and even Chelsea were 11th at the turn of the year before finding form) and a low points total would have won the league. We were always within touching distance of the top 4 but never really threatened to break in, with that in mind we still got our biggest points total and our highest finish.

The cups were also a mixed bag with an early defeat in the League Cup to Man City, in our defence of the FA Cup we made it to the quarter final but a early red card cost us as extra time was too far for us. Our first crack at Europe was a lot of fun though, we had a group of Schalke, Sparta Praha and Ludogorets, we won our first 3 games and thought this was easy, we then lost the next 2 meaning the draw in the final game put us through but was tighter than it should have been. We then beat Hibs from Scotland before losing to Rennes, the 5-2 loss was harsh as it was 3-2 on 90 mins but us chasing an away goal (we only drew the home leg 1-1) let them score twice on the break. In fact 3 of their 6 goals over the 2 games came later than 90 mins.

Youth Intake - pretty solid as per usual, can't moan with 2 5* players

Stephan George 42A - right winger, we have a few of these getting ready to break through so could be tough for him 
Zak Gordon 42B - I like the look of this guy, could be the long term answer tp our box to box role in time

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment 	Notes
2020/21		VNLN		8th 		Adequate		Fairly Basic
2021/22		NVLN		3rd 		Good			Average			Recruitment and coaching upgrades Lost playoff semi finals	
2022/23		NVLN		14th 		Good			Adequate		Youth Recruitment upgrade, started first coaching badge
2023/24		VNLN		7th 		Excellent		Good			Got first coaching badge. Promotion via playoffs
2024/25		VNL		5th 		Excellent		Good			Won promotion via playoffs. Got Youth facility upgrade
2025/26		League 2	14th 		Excellent		Good
2026/27		League 2	5th 		Excellent		Good			Lost in playoffs semi finals
2027/28		League 2	8th 		Excellent		Good			Finally got 2nd coaching badge
2028/29		League 2	1st 		Excellent		Good			National A Coaching badge
2029/30		League 1	4th 		Excellent		Good			Promotion via playoffs. Continental C coaching badge
2030/31		Championship	18th 		Exceptional		Excellent
2031/32		Championship	19th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2032/33		Championship	4th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi final, moved from youth level 4 to 3
2033/34		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff semi finals
2034/35		Championship	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Lost in playoff final, completed coaching badges
2035/36		Championship	1st 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2036/37		Premiership	10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional 
2037/38		Premiership	14th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2038/39		Premiership	16th 		Exceptional		Exceptional
2039/40		Premiership	10th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Moved to level 1 academy 
2040/41		Premiership	8th 		Exceptional		Exceptional		Won the FA Cup
2041/42		Premiership	5th 		Exceptional		Exceptional

180px-Foggia_Calcio_logo.png

2021-22 - Italian Serie C/C

SerieC/C- 6th Pos / CoppIta - N/A / CoppItaSerC - 2nd Rnd

The League

Started the league really well, unbeaten until November, and battling in the first three places, however had a decline in November and December winning only 1 game in 7. After Christmas, went on another good run of 11 games unbeaten, and then a dreadful March and April.  However once we secured the playoff spot, I tried different tactics and some youngsters. In the playoffs, passed the first round, but got knocked out of the second away to Trapani in a close 2-1 game.

The Cups (Coppa Italia / Coppa Italia Serie C)

In the Cups we did not take part in the Coppa Italia this season, and in the Coppa Italia Serie C, we were knocked out by Cosenza in an away game.

The Players

Since we have a transfer embargo, we did not have any ins, but we did not have any outs either.  Best player this year was Filippo Gemmi, with 32 games and 5 assists and the top goalscorer was Nunzio Servini_YP21a, who is already showing signs of leaving the club, with a lot of Serie B and A clubs trying to unsettling him.  If we can keep this squad, we can fight for the Serie B next season.

Transfers

Youth Intake

Not very happy with this year’s youth intake, infact I decided to sack the HOYD to hire an ex Milan legend, and increase our ex players at the club.

Diego Chiochia_YP22a :- Diego can turn out to be a superb left wingback, the problem is that I have one to0 many very good left wingbacks now.
Cristian Farinelli_YP22b :- Cristian can play both in the middle and on the wing.  I will see if he reacts well to training as an inside forward on the right, since he is left footed.
Pierangelo Pezzi_YP22c :- Pierangelo can play in the middle starta, however I think he will be more useful in the middle as a CM support.
Luca Spada_YP22d :- Our former HOYD thinks that Luca will be the best of this intake. He is another CB but he has to improve his determination a lot before being anywhere near the first team!
Andrea Ursino_YP22e :- Andrea is a very tall CB.  If we improve his determination, I think he can be a very good CB in the future.

CLUB HISTORY

Season League Pos Coppa Italia Coppa Italia C Champions League Europa League Notes
2020-2021 Serie C/C 9th 2nd Rnd 2nd Rnd X X Lost 1stRnd Playoff
2021-2022 Serie C/C 6th N/A 2nd Rnd X X Lost 2ndRnd Playoff

TEAM HISTORY

Season Best Player Top Scorer Best Prospect TOTS Squad Intake
2020/21 Matteo Gerbaudo Francesco Russo (13) Nunzio Severini_YP21a Best 11 Squad Intake
2021/22 Filippo Gemmi Nunzio Servini_YP21a (16) Nunzio Servini_YP21a Best 11 Squad Intake

PLAYER AWARDS

Season Golden Boot POTY YPOTY TOTY
2020-21       Ermanno Fumagalli
2021-22        

TROPHY CABINET

MANAGER ACHIEVEMENTS

Late in the game life to start contributing to the thread but I think I'm gunna start BETA with this challenge so thought I'd get a feel for it now.

This is how the set up should be right?

I had to sim 2 years in Holland as despite the rules not showing that the team bottom had to play in a playoff they must have as nobody got promoted so in 2021 here is the club I've ended up with and this is my profile.

I'm all good to go yeah? 

37 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

@darren1983, which facepack are you using? 

It's by someone called Chilled Moose on twitter. It's a patreon thing, I subscribed for like a month or two at the turn of the year and got a few faces that I use, means I often have a few players with same faces but that happens normally anyway and I like how these look. If you look on their twitter or google I think there's some smaller free packs from them knocking about if people don't want or can't pay for patreon. 

35 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Late in the game life to start contributing to the thread but I think I'm gunna start BETA with this challenge so thought I'd get a feel for it now.

This is how the set up should be right?

I had to sim 2 years in Holland as despite the rules not showing that the team bottom had to play in a playoff they must have as nobody got promoted so in 2021 here is the club I've ended up with and this is my profile.

I'm all good to go yeah? 

Yeah looks fine mate. Welcome - I might put a warning in the OP for 21 about how addictive this challenge ends up being so be warned :D 

12 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah looks fine mate. Welcome - I might put a warning in the OP for 21 about how addictive this challenge ends up being so be warned :D 

lol, i wish you had done earlier! it's ridiculously addictive, I'm not sure I can see myself playing it any other way for a long long time

1 minute ago, jcoll said:

Lads, just checking, we can't resign our youth products can we? My star striker has been poached by Glentoran and they released him when the new manager came in :mad:

Correct, no signings. So players who have left the club cannot come back. Only as coaches!

badge.png.68e4577ba03077fd97e3dab9d3d4db3c.png

De Treffers, Eerste Divisie,  Holland

Well, preseason has been horrible. We only won the one game and that was thanks to an own goal.

We lost our star player for the next 3 weeks still and our squad is really lacking up top, plenty cover at the back though for the season ahead with the exception of a right back.

Our finances look ok for the season ahead but for some reason I don't seem to have any facilities visible? Have any of you encountered this before?

I've only been able to entice an assistant manager and a data analyst to the club so far, other than that no staff.

479437041_PalermoLogo2.jpg.00f9f5f8694e9fc1a5f8e6a19b82c29d.jpg20201010144956_1.thumb.jpg.620211630da7285dc656c499c3fd908d.jpg20201010145130_1.thumb.jpg.c7c7af46adb3d768aa112301b959c954.jpg

First step completed. Secured the leauge win in the last match of the season with 3 - 0 win over Genoa at home :) 

Next step will be alot harder I imagine. And havent got any help from the last seasons youth intakes. 3rd season without anything to highlight.

GL ALL !!! :) 

Edited by Diego D10S

badge.png.0d1288cb1a4dc10a1ed0ae8f3ce84763.png

De Treffers, Eerste Divisie,  Holland

Well my first attempt has ended rather abruptly.

I think I went far to gung ho and tried to play expansive football far too early. It actually started really well the first couple of games but then it all went downhill and my record was terrible. By the time I amended my tactics I'd lost the dressing room and couldn't right the ship, the sacking was a blessing as I was beginning to worry the board would stand by me all season :lol:.

I had so many injuries to my players also that it really didn't help me.

I will await the end of the season and hope someone gets promoted and take over.

Tracker.thumb.png.9d25d63ff75bc7877ba81a15d7498947.png

Lost my best youth intake player . 

Board accepted a few lower options and i couldn't reject them. I was able to negotiate with Hearts and got this:

de6da1fa7d32faf0a67ace988461a23a.png

477d405b2e578d3c2d8c8c41ef1d9bc1.png

Logic that he's gone. and my balance book is in red ( 1 milj.)  But what i don't like is that i'm receiving 10 or more offer , every day from june till end of august on all kind of different players. 

Ok so on to the next club...

Helmond.jpg.616cdbb1019e3c41113f0d0da0c5a12d.jpg

I only had to wait around 6 months for a new job as I've taken over at last season relegated club...wait...does this count?

If it does then the facilities are good and the players are decent.

I've managed to get myself an assistant already but if the club is against the rules of the challenge I'll quit and wait until next summer again.

Donegal Celtic F.C. - Wikipedia

Donegal Celtic

Season 2023/24 Review – Belfast Telegraph Championship – Northern Ireland

League (5th) SquadTransfers Finances

Top Goalscorer – Duarte da Silva Xavier YP3J (10)

Top Average Rating – Andrew Hoy YP1G (7.05)

Most Assists – Gavin Curley YP3F (6)

We started the season as we left off and were surprisingly top of the league after around 10 games, there are a few teams which are much bigger than us as shown by the difference in salaries. Annoyingly my best striker Ben Patterson YP1F annoyingly left us for Glentoran at the start of the season (and was released three months later). Coincidentally my first interview I’ve received was from Glentoran a few months after Ben left.

Our form trailed off towards the halfway point and we finished in a respectable 5th position. We are lacking goals and quality up front and were amongst the lowest for chances created and goals scored in the league, however we are solid at the back and James Armstrong YP2H managed 18 clean sheets which was testament to how few goals we conceded. The biggest shock this season is that PSNI won the league despite being predicted to finish last by the media.

Once again, the board agreed to upgrade junior coaching and youth recruitment which is helping us bring through better youngsters, although the facilities remain poor so there is limited opportunity for them to develop. The youth intake was again very good albeit mostly for positions I am already covered in. Next season I am hoping for another top half finish as long as we manage to keep everyone at the club.

Youth Intake

1953790663_candidates4.thumb.png.a82caed5b51f4e980074d507077ff522.png

Michael Woods YP4K – Looks like he will be our best right back and is rated at 4* CA by the Ass Man, shame about his personality which might affect his development.

Chris McBride YP4H – A natural athlete who adds to the depth we have at Right Wing.

Joe Lafferty YP4D – a big physical centre back which is another position where we already have quality, Joe will probably be back up next season.

Club Progress

484461520_progress4.thumb.PNG.83c2814c8bb853ebfe40c9274304a459.PNG

1200px-FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.thumb.png.c0fcd0664cfa52c2b6f89bde296994cf.png

2035/36 (season 16)

Premier League

Finish: 9th

Season Summary

Well, what should be a really pleasing season actually ended in huge disappointment. We started the season well and were trundling along nicely in mid-table when Manchester United visited us in early December. this happened:-

36takethatmanu.JPG.1633d5a9e27edee7979b940c5f12047f.JPG

which kickstarted a run of 7 straight victories and put us well in the top 6. We were never in danger of challenging for the title but we were well in European contention and with 8 games left we were 5 points clear of the team in 7th. Then bottom of the league Burnely came to town and hammered us 4-1. Never mind, we still had 8 games of the season left....

36runin.JPG.de83fbe6b9fdfb8062bdb46707c0fd1e.JPG

We actually set a club record for a winless run. A hugely upsetting end to what was otherwise a really good season for us.

Players

Kota Kawano 32A - it was all about Kota this season. He pushed himself head and shoulders above everyone else and hit 32 goals. He was a phenomona. Awarded these two things as well:-

36kawanogoldenboy.JPG.684cb238012b49dcec128278d2071a53.JPG

390471989_36kawanofirstcap.JPG.b9dd33391edeaa943acbd28bb41f94b1.JPG

he was so good i'm starting to panic somebody will trigger his 90m release clause. I need to get him to a new contract asap. he can have all the money he likes!

Juddy Mutombo 30A - another good season with 20 goals and 20 assists. 

Youth

another relatively poor intake. Since i improved all my youth facilities, the quality of intake seems to have dropped!

36youthintake.JPG.f163f1e893e08676f067b75b04dd274f.JPG

Finances and Improvements

State of the Art youth facilities at last! I can afford it, there's about 200m in the bank. the stadium now holds 20k as well, i may have to see if we can improve on that

36seasonsummary.JPG.f58d1f992ac874d3522ecb5e4d08e829.JPG

Helmond.jpg.3d09262748bbba9dfe263001c8f8cd2f.jpg

Helmond, Eerste Divisie, Holland

Attempt number two has lasted exactly 4 days longer than attempt number one...it shows that I'm getting better though...right? :lol:

The players were a decent bunch but I just couldn't produce on the pitch. Results were slightly better as well as my profile shows but the board had loftier ambitions than my previous employer and my performance just wasn't good enough.

tracker.thumb.png.d26f3a13cd67677c4deef01a44a5d907.png

15 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I think I might try a Dutch save.  A season doesn't take long and the quality of the youth is pretty good.

Let me know how that turns out, I’ve yet to see it despite being in the country nearly 5 years :lol:

This challenge is brutal.

I enjoy lower league saves but trying to take on the newly promoted team is so much harder.

Is it easier to take on a team in country with a lower reputation? Obviously it makes the main goal of a champs league win tougher but I’m thinking maybe starting in a worse league might help me get my feet under the table and give me some confidence.

2 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

This challenge is brutal.

I enjoy lower league saves but trying to take on the newly promoted team is so much harder.

Is it easier to take on a team in country with a lower reputation? Obviously it makes the main goal of a champs league win tougher but I’m thinking maybe starting in a worse league might help me get my feet under the table and give me some confidence.

that's what I did. I tried in Engalnd (about 3 times!) and got nowhere so went to Denmark and it was much easier to improve season on season there. Never made it to the title, let alone champions league, but it was a good way of learning how this challenge works

The other thing that helps is choosing a side with either good facilities or season ticket holders for the starting level. FC United start with 2000 season ticket holders and that extra money made it so much easier in those first few seasons.

It is a really brutal challenge though. if you're not careful it's easy to get trapped in a vicous circle where you can't afford to make the improvements you need to make the money to pay for the improvements you need

But what I've also found is because this challenge is so brutal it's also much more rewarding, and even the small things become more meaningful. It also forces you to think about tactics a lot more rather than just using an easy plug and play tactic like I'm used to

vv IJsselmeervogels

image.png.b886abece929446477d828644f743d0a.png

Sportpark De Westmaat (Rode) – StadiumDB.com

Club - vv IJsselmeervogels.

Nation - Netherlands.

League - Keuken Kampioen Divisie (second tier).

Stadium - Sportpark De Westmaat, Bunschoten-Spakenburg.

Capacity - 8,000 (4,000 seated).

Training Facilities - Poor.

Youth Facilities - Poor.

Data Analysis Facilities - Poor.

Corporate Facilities - Fairly basic.

Junior Coaching - Fairly basic.

Youth Recruitment - Limited.

Media Prediction - 20th.

My expectation - 19th.  Just don't finish last.

Wage Budget - £19,807 per week.

Current Wage Bill - £397 per week.  With most of the existing squad on amateur deals, I need to tie them down to fixed contracts as soon as possible.

Squad

Not great but I reckon we have enough to stay up.

nOeSNrW.png

Squad Dynamics

Not too bad at all actually.

yX7EQaq.png

Finances

Very healthy.  With no signings in this save, this will only improve.

S1Mjppy.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date          Contract Expiry Date          Wage Pre Tax          Wage After Tax
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    7 July 2021                  30 June 2022                       500 p/w                 450 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Poor                      Fairly basic          Fairly basic     Limited            Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22

Edited by DazRTaylor

Rijnsburgse-Boys.png.6cc39112a92b14e46257f8f5f8fd6755.png

Rijnsburgse Boys, Eerste Divisie, Holland

Another club, another sacking :(.

The players didn't set the world alight for me and despite a good pre season the rest of the results carried on much like my other two attempts.

Bottom of the league at Christmas and that was all she wrote. Again, I did last days more my other attempts but I think I'm gunna call it a day in Holland and try somewhere else.

tracker.thumb.png.11fbca2c18ad728ce254cf13539463c9.png

1387484543_1._FC_Gloria_Bistria_logo.png.8182ff60d23d0d08c796a2ff987be719.png

So I've left Holland and now travelled east to Romania for my new club.

Already got an assistant so you can see what they thing the quality of my squad is. No idea if my finances are in good shape or not yet but I'm not in the red and under in my wage budget so a great place to be.

Let's hope I can make a better go of it over here.

I'd thought about doing a save here in FM21 when I thought the third tier was playable (it isn't despite being listed) so I know a bit about the club already and know that there is room to grow the club in the region so if I manage to stick around it could be an enjoyable save.

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Another question.  In Norway, despite the fourth tier being in the game and viewable, you can only manage in the top three tiers.  Would I holiday for a season and choose a newly promoted side into the third tier?

Yes, the good thing is that you can "chose" what side get's promoted. You can save scum for the team you want and make sure they get promoted so you can take over.

Norway is quite fun, and the seasons go quite fast. 30 games and a single knockout cup. The season is spring-summer-fall, rather than the normal fall-winter-spring, so it can be a bit hard to do well in Europe though.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yes, the good thing is that you can "chose" what side get's promoted. You can save scum for the team you want and make sure they get promoted so you can take over.

Norway is quite fun, and the seasons go quite fast. 30 games and a single knockout cup. The season is spring-summer-fall, rather than the normal fall-winter-spring, so it can be a bit hard to do well in Europe though.

Thank you.  :thup:

Donegal Celtic F.C. - Wikipedia

Donegal Celtic

Season 2024/25 Review – Belfast Telegraph Championship – Northern Ireland

League (3rd) Squad Transfers Finances

Top Goalscorer – Duarte da Silva Xavier YP3J (12)

Top Average Rating – James Clarke YP2I (7.16)

Most Assists – Chris McBride YP4H (10)

Another fantastic season for us, we ultimately fell short of promotion by the smallest of margins losing in the playoff final on away goals against Newry. We managed to finish third in the league which mean we had to play 2nd in a two-legged playoff before playing another two-legged playoff against the 2nd bottom side in the premier league. We probably deserved to win against Newry but two silly mistakes cost us in the first leg at home.

I tried to play more positive in the games against the lesser teams in the division which paid dividends for us. We scored a lot more goals this year whilst also remaining defensively solid and my keeper ended up on 17 league clean sheets which broke the record he set last season. Our squad continues to get stronger and we managed to keep hold of everyone which is really encouraging. A few more of our players received U19 international call ups which proves that we are starting to develop some quality young players.

The board sanctioned upgrades to junior coaching and youth recruitment again! Which are now both at an ‘exceptional’ level, the club culture is focussed on developing youth which I think is helping me push through these upgrades. The youth intake was promising again and included a midfielder who is already rated as the best player at the club at the time of joining. I’m hoping we can push on from this year’s exploits and hopefully make a push for promotion next year. Dungannon who were easily the best team in the league finally got promoted so it gives us a better chance.

Youth Intake

976841350_candidates5.thumb.png.2f8a8735ec0014505b6ef77e4ecaeedd.png

James Morris YP5A – Rated the best player at the club, he came in for the last few games of the season and was underwhelming but hopefully I can get the best out of him for as long as he is at the club as I’m sure he will end up getting poached if I don’t get promoted before his youth contract expires. Also has a Fickle personality which isn’t the best.

Aled Smith YP5I – I am really lacking quality up front so this lad went straight into the first team, a natural finisher who I will likely play alongside YP3J as a two up-front. However, he also has a fickle personality!

Club Progress

556452186_progress5.thumb.PNG.33790fafd07445be644de6d1550af4b1.PNG

Haven't even got to the start of next season and my 5* CA youth product is gone already. I keep my youth products on youth contracts for as long as possible because I can only offer non-contracts which means they can leave for free. However I also didnt realise that clubs could sign my players on a youth contract for a compensation fee as shown below (a measly 19k with 15% of next sale).

1915921387_crusyp5a.thumb.png.b8293e40dd3f39a442a2575ea42b14d3.png

Teams can also make offers for my youth products so Larne came in after Crusaders tried to get him on compensation and I managed to eventually get 30k plus 50% on next sale, which is less than I would have liked to get for him but it will help out my finances and put me in the black and hopefully he'll get sold for big money in the near future!!

1719443386_larneyp5a.thumb.png.3bd9f9629641800fc4c77627a43ada4b.png

End of Season Review

Season 2032/33

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

League Table - After the disaster of last season, we rebounded well, finishing fourth and in the play offs.  We had a chance of automatic promotion going into the last league game, but it wasn't to be.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - A decent season overall and one I would of taken before the season began.

Play Offs - The play offs proved a step too far as we were outclassed by Nottingham Forest over two legs.  It didn't help that I was without numerous first team players due to injury, however.

F. A. Cup - A tough draw saw the club eliminated by Liverpool in the third round.

Carabao Cup - We were knocked out by Leicester City in the second round, losing on penalties.

Pre Season Friendlies - A very mixed bag, though we did record a decent win over Tottenham Hotspur.

Squad - We are getting better, but still a long way short of what we need.

Squad Dynamics - Very good, as you would expect after a decent season.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - I managed to hold on to my players this summer so there was no major departures.

Youth Candidates - A poor crop, with Paul Treacy YP33A193 being the best of a bad bunch.

Finances - Extremely healthy, largely due to the Premier League money.

Key Players

Lewis Thomas YP26A81 - Now the best player at the club, the right winger had a brilliant season.

Joseph O'Connell YP25B66 - Playing at right back, he has a tremendous understanding with Lewis Thomas YP26A81.

Lee Brown YP29C131 - The striker has dislodged the club record goal scorer, Anthony Connelly YP23F38 from the starting eleven.

Ryan Jackson YP23E37 - Now a veteran having been with the club for eleven seasons, the holding midfielder dictates play in front of the back four.

Ronnie Browning YP22G23 - The club record holder for number of appearances, the goalkeeper finally has some competition so may lose him place in the coming seasons.

Next Season

Another promotion push will be the objective.  I don't think we are strong enough for a top two place just yet, but you never know.

Personal Coaching Data

Season   Reputation              Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start Minimal       (0.25*)   None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21  Minimal =     (0.75*) ↑ National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑
2021/22  Nominal ↑     (1.50*) ↑ Continental B ↑↑↑        12 ↑  10 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  18 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑
2022/23  Nominal =     (1.50*) = Continental A ↑          13 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑   4 =  11 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑
2023/24  Decent ↑      (2.00*) ↑ Continental Pro ↑        13 =  13 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑  12 ↑  12 =  13 ↑   4 =   1 =  11 ↑  10 =  11 ↑  20 =  13 ↑  13 ↑
2024/25  Decent =      (2.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   4 =   1 =  11 =  10 =  11 =  20 =  14 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26  Okay ↑        (2.25*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =   6 ↑   1 =  11 =  10 =  13 ↑  21 ↑  14 =  15 ↑
2026/27  Fairly Good ↑ (2.75*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   5 =  12 =  12 =  13 =  11 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 ↑  13 =  21 =  16 ↑  16 ↑
2027/28  Fairly Good = (3.00*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 ↑  13 ↑  13 ↑  13 =  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  13 =  21 =  16 =  17 ↑
2028/29  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  12 ↓  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 ↓  20 ↓  17 ↑  16 ↓
2029/30  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   7 =   5 =   6 =  13 =  13 =  13 ↑  11 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  18 ↑  18 ↑
2030/31  Good ↑        (3.25*) ↑ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   8 ↑   6 ↑   6 =  13 =  14 ↑  13 =  12 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  18 =  19 ↑
2031/32  Fairly Good ↓ (3.00*) ↓ Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   8 =   6 =   6 =  13 =  15 ↑  14 ↑  14 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  12 =  20 =  19 ↑  18 ↓
2032/33  Fairly Good = (3.00*) = Continental Pro =        13 =  13 =   6 =   8 =   6 =   6 =  13 =  16 ↑  14 =  15 ↑   1 =  11 =  11 =  13 ↑  20 =  20 ↑  16 ↓

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Poor                      Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2020/21    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Excellent ↑↑↑    Good ↑↑↑           Local =    (1.00*) =
2021/22    Basic =              Basic =           Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good ↑             Local =    (1.00*) =
2022/23    Basic =              Below Average ↑   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent ↑        Local =    (1.00*) =
2023/24    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent =        Local =    (1.00*) =
2024/25    Basic =              Below Average =   Poor =                    Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional ↑      Local =    (1.00*) =
2025/26    Basic =              Adequate ↑        Average ↑↑↑               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2026/27    Basic =              Average ↑         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (1.50*) =
2027/28    Basic =              Average =         Average =                 Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) ↑
2028/29    Below Average ↑      Good ↑            Excellent ↑↑              Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      Regional = (2.00*) =
2029/30    Adequate ↑           Great ↑           Excellent =               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National ↑ (2.50*) ↑
2030/31    Adequate =           Excellent ↑       Excellent =               Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑
2031/32    Adequate =           Excellent =       State of the Art ↑        Average ↑             Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (2.50*) ↓
2032/33    Average ↑            Superb ↑          State of the Art =        Average =             Exceptional =    Exceptional =      National = (3.00*) ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      57        30       12       15         111              67                +44
2021/22      61        27       14       20         103              76                +27
2022/23      53        24       13       16          84              53                +31
2023/24      50        30       10       10          89              49                +40
2024/25      52        25        7       20          87              74                +13
2025/26      62        38       10       14         121              71                +50
2026/27      57        33       12       12          96              52                +44
2027/28      57        27       18       12          96              69                +27
2028/29      56        29       13       14         106              71                +35
2029/30      51        23        8       20          90              69                +21
2030/31      56        31       10       15          93              63                +30
2031/32      43         6        8       29          44              94                -50
2032/33      51        24       15       12          86              62                +24

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          57        30       12       15         111              67                +44               325 days
2021/22         118        57       26       35         214             143                +71               689 days
2022/23         171        81       39       51         298             196               +102             1,053 days
2023/24         221       111       49       61         387             245               +142             1,424 days
2024/25         273       136       56       81         474             319               +155             1,777 days
2025/26         335       174       66       95         595             390               +205             2,163 days
2026/27         392       207       78      107         691             442               +249             2,520 days
2027/28         449       234       96      119         787             511               +276             2,894 days
2028/29         505       263      109      133         893             582               +311             3,253 days
2029/30         556       286      117      153         983             651               +332             3,624 days
2030/31         612       317      127      168       1,076             714               +362             3,989 days
2031/32         655       323      135      197       1,120             808               +312             4,344 days
2032/22         706       347      150      209       1,206             870               +336             4,716 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2023/24    Vanarama National League North.
2025/26    Vanarama National League.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
Vanarama National League x 1 (2025/26).
Vanarama National League North x 1 (2023/24).

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        4th       First round                     N/a           Lost on penalties in the playoff final.  Third round of the F. A. Trophy.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North       12th ↓     Second round ↑                  N/a           Mid table mediocrity.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        6th ↑     First round ↓                   N/a           Lost in the first round of the playoffs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2023/24           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North        1st ↑     Fourth qualifying round ↓       N/a           Promoted as champions.  Third qualifying round of the F. A. Trophy.
2024/25           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              6th ↑     First round ↑                   N/a           Lost in first round of the play offs.  First round of the F. A. Trophy.
2025/26           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League              1st ↑     Fifth round ↑                   N/a           Promoted as champions.  Semi finals of the F. A. Trophy.
2026/27           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League Two                    2nd ↑     Fourth round ↓              Fourth round      Promoted.  Group stage of leasing.com Trophy.
2027/28           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet League One                    3rd ↑     Second round ↓              First round ↓     Promoted via play offs.  Second round of leasing.com Trophy.
2028/29           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  5th ↑     Fifth round ↑               Fourth round ↑    Lost in play off final.
2029/30           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  8th ↓     Fourth round ↓              Third round ↓     Mid table mediocrity.
2030/31           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  3rd ↑     Fifth round ↑               Third round =     Promoted via play offs.
2031/32           N/a                N/a               Premier League                       20th ↑     Fifth round =               Second round ↓    Relegated.
2032/33           N/a                N/a               Sky Bet Championship                  4th ↓     Third round ↓               Second round =    Lost in promotion play off semi final

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                         4
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        53
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                        99
2023/24    Dean Curran YP21C3                      144
2024/25    Dean Curran YP21C3                      184
2025/26    Dean Curran YP21C3                      234
2026/27    Dean Curran YP21C3                      281
2027/28    Dean Curran YP21C3                      329
2028/29    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 375
2029/30    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 420
2030/31    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 473
2031/32    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 510
2032/33    Ronnie Browning YP22G23                 556

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    No one!                                0
2021/22    Dean Curran YP21C3                     2
           Nick Ryder YP21D4                      2
2022/23    Dean Curran YP21C3                     9
2023/24    Özer Demir YP22C19                    27
2024/25    Özer Demir YP22C19                    42
2025/26    Anthony Connolly YP23F38              59
2026/27    Anthony Connolly YP23F38              83
2027/28    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             131
2028/29    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             166
2029/30    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             202
2030/31    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             226
2031/32    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             234
2032/33    Anthony Connolly YP23F38             240

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    Nick Ryder YP21D4                       1
2021/22    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      14
2022/23    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      24
2023/24    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      31
2024/25    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      40
2025/26    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      53
2026/27    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      55
2027/28    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      61
2028/29    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      62
2029/30    Nick Ryder YP21D4                      63
           Özer Demir YP22C19                     63
2030/31    Özer Demir YP22C19                     69
2031/32    Özer Demir YP22C19                     77
2032/33    Özer Demir YP22C19                     86

Edited by DazRTaylor

1200px-FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.thumb.png.06acae6fc0e833759b7f10cd1f4453d5.png

2036/37 (season 17)

Premier League

Finish: 13th

Season Summary

A really frustrating season. We were ridiclously inconsistent, beating reigning champions Spurs 5-2 one week and then losing 3-0 to bottom placed Reading the next. In January and February we put together a really good run of 5 wins in a row which effectively made us safe. Any hope we could push on was dashed by the last 11 games of the season where we only won one. We have such a good strikeforce at the minute it was a real frustration to see us not capitalise on it

Players

Kota Kawano 32A - stepped his game up another level this season. Made his international debut and took the golden boot again. He's ridiculously good and way too good for us. He wants to move to a bigger club and has a 90m release clause for Champions League teams. I'll be amazed if he's still here next season

Deon Jackman 34A - took me a bit surprise, this. Another striker off our seemingly endless conveyer belt. He looked promising so I gave him a few starts last season. He dodn't score unitl his 8th game and was generally pretty poor. Then this season an early injury to Steve Rowley gave him his chance and he took it with aplomb. $ goals in 7 starts later he was a first choice striker and he finished with 19 in 34. A fantastic season for him was topped off by winning this:-

37jackmangoldenboy.JPG.443d8d518f09b1c61897d595b3dd7307.JPG

my third golden boy!

Youth

Another golden generation promised but to  be honest i take no notice these days

37youthpreview.JPG.54a367eada6c9f0651777e93c006e0e1.JPG

lots of nice green lines so I was hopeful but when it came it lacked any 4 star prospects

37youthintake.JPG.7b2084c773b9c96f7d87f24b54700823.JPG

top two prospects are attacking midfielders as well, which I don't use. You never know though, they may be 4 star prospects in a few months

Finances and Improvements

Swimming in money, over 200m. Nothing left to spend it on though!

37seasonsummary.JPG.64f5b6eabcef315a9dfd469e389c27bb.JPG

573817084_1._FC_Gloria_Bistria_logo.png.208e946ca13a0dc8a096a9c14ea36292.png

1. Fotbal Club Gloria Bistrița, Liga II, Romania

Well the season is going far better than my other three attempts and looks like I will have a job come the end of the season so I can finally share a youth intake preview. Shame it doesn't look like it will be up to much despite the final plus point saying it could be a golden generation.