How does your dealing with transfer budget compare with your dealing with your own money?

How does your dealing with transfer budget compare with your dealing with your own money?

I'm a tight arse in both aspects. I know it's not technically your money and it isn't real but I think this is interesting.

I only spend modest amounts in game (mainly as I manage in the Scottish leagues or smaller nations/teams) and prefer going with youth and improving facilities.

IRL, live within my means but find it difficult to build up savings...my assistant manager (girlfriend) usually tips the budget and clears it for the season (pay day to pay day).

I'm rather thrifty in both real-life and FM, but prone to occasional bursts of overspending, followed by second-thoughts and buyer's remorse.

The most annoying thing, in both scenarios, is that despite starting with a clear, frugal and sensible spending strategy, I often end up (barely) even...

Edited by RBKalle

Scarily similar - shop in Iceland to find the bargains, buy in bulk, then have to wait for them to defrost before the taste/performance comes back, before realising it was actually crap in the first place but looked promising in the cold.

Other than that, I hand the Financial Director my cheque (transfer fee) and she gives me back 5%.

Sp yeah, pretty much like real life.

i'm a scrooge too at the begginning of my save game, but when i have a lot of money i can spend a lot for one player......But a lot of money means no much more than 50M£ even if i have a 500M£ transfer budget :D

• 2 weeks later...

Same, I'm a bargain shopper in both, I like cash in the bank and look for good deals.

There is nothing better than finding somebody elses quality reject on the transfer list for cheap, giving him the game time he wants and then seeing him come good.