fm20 news

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

But the AI managers of top club have to know how make Ronaldo scores. 

In Madrid Ronaldo have Mourinho, Ancelotti, Zidane and he always scores.

I would love see that the AI Zidane, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc ... Know as make Ronaldo scores.

Me, too. In the Long-term, that would Need either a) more complicated AI Management routines. Or b) a streamlining of the tactical parts of the game. I'm in favor for b), as it would likely help not merely the AI, but the game's match day experience wholesale. I'm not suggesting it should be as "simple" as a Manager clicking a button that says "Make Ronaldo score a Goal per match". :D 

However, a tactical decision making process that makes Managers go through, for instance their prefered assist givers in their Team, as well as their prefered goalscorers, could help. If you'd enter but a single player on that goalscorer list, he would be set up in a system making him the main Focus point of attacks. Right now getting to the Point that every other attack Ends with a Ronaldo finish is a "Micro tweaking puzzle" of the Right combination of roles, duties, and instructions. It's no wonder that the AI may struggle here. Naturally, the AI Managers would also Need corresponding Attributes, e.g. Manager x "favors to channel most Play to a Primary Focus Point of attacks. 

This could actually be taken further, as the ME could be specifically balanced for such Play. As well as it may even be a factor in contract negotiations. Maybe a Player would DEMAND to be centre piece of the Team.... etc. etc.

Edited by Svenc

Am 6.10.2019 um 05:16 schrieb Stewart1111:

Serious question, do the markers of this game actually even read requested features from these forums? I genuinely haven't seen a single idea on here be put on to the actual game. Pretty much every new feature that has been announced could have LITERALLY just been added to the game via an update. I'm tired of it, I've been loyal for years but I'm not spending money every year for a game that's pretty much the same as the previous year, except this year we can create a 'five-year plan'. Explain to me why half the features that have been announced, if not all of them, can't just be added to the game with an update? Is it greed? I keep hearing they like the game to realistic, then explain why many of the realistic aspects of the game have NEVER been fixed, improved or even added to the game? Instead they worry more about the background colour of the game, which groovy font they're going to use this year, adding even more questions to press conferences when in fact most players skip it altogether. 

~ WHY has transfer deadline day still not been revamped after so long? I'm sure there is a way to make it as exciting as it is in real life. Why not have a live 60 minute clock ticking down without the need to press continue? If you take part of the transfer deadline you should feel UNDER PRESSURE to get a last minute signing. That's meant to be the whole idea of the transfer deadline. We could even have our inbox receving messages/offers/replies in REAL time. For example, you bid on a player, then between 1 to 60 minutes later (in real time) the club responds to your bid. Agents sending you messages, players demanding loan moves, everything should feel HECTIC on deadline day. Don't tell me that's not possible because we had the live coundown in the fantasy draft, so there's no reason why it can't implemented in career mode. 'Take Part or Decline' has been the same for years. It's dull, boring and brings no excitement. A live clock ticking down will give you that feeling that you need to hurry up and buy someone. This literally happens in real life. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't you just change the way Al managers bid on your players, because whenever I try to sell a player all of the AI managers will offer me the exact same amount. It's like the AI managers all contact each other before they place the exact same on my player, for example, I'll try to sell a player and amazingly I'll receive about 11 offers all the same (even clubs from different countries) £4.6 million plus 15% sell on fee, and £500,000 after the player has played 20 games. You would think the makers of this game would have noticed this and changed it to be a little more realistic. A different variety of offers isn't too much to ask for and it's something that's easily fixable. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't you add more details in international management because it literally hasn't changed since 2007. In fact, we've lost more features in international management if anything. WHY training doesn't exist in international management I'll never know. Players don't stop training when they go on international duty. I remember I had a World Cup save, but I couldn't reach past the quarter finals because all my players fitness were between 50-70% as I was unable to train them or rest them, but the players from other nations were all at 99-100% because AI managers were able to train them I assume, or after a match they automatically went to full fitness. Just ruins the game for me when something like that is again easily fixable. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY do my back up players keep demanding game time? The player signed a contract as a back up player. So why is he demanding I play him? I'll play him when I want. If anything, back up players should be requesting loan moves to get game time, or be happy to play when picked, why sign a back up contract if they're going to demand game time every 2 months? FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can you only 'shout' once every 15 minutes in match time? In real life managers can shout at their players whenever they want, not once every 15 minutes. FIX IT!!!!
~ WHY is there no real relationship between you and your coaches? 
~ WHY is there no pep-talk before a penalty shootout? Like REAL managers, I want to be able to tell my players to relax, good luck, ignore the crowd taunting or tell them not to let the nerves get to you etc. Just what happens in real life, managers hyping up their players. FIX IT!!!!
~ WHY do players not put themselves forward for taking a penalty, or players deciding they don't want to take a penalty due to nervousness etc? Again, these things happen in real life. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't I force my senior players to train with the Under 20's if I feel they have a bad attitude or not performing to their standards, or making countless mistakes during games, or disrupting team unity, not letting them back into the squad until they've apologised to the squad. Discipline in this game needs to be expanded. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY hasn't a substitution icon on the proccessing tab during the match been added by now? There's already a little yellow/red card whenever a foul takes place, and a little football when a goal is scored, complete the set and just add a little red and green substitution icon, then we can hover it and it can show you which player has come on and which player has gone off, rather than having to go to player ratings to see when the other manager has made subs. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY after so many years can you still not let us use our salary? What's the point in giving me a salary if I can't do anything with it? Why not let us use our salary for things that real life managers would actually have to pay for. I don't know, let me see, maybe, paying for your coaching badges from your salary? Paying to actually go on holiday (pay a small amount to go on holiday for a certain amount of days. If you go on holiday for even longer, weeks/months then you need to pay even more out of your salary) pay for language courses if you're working in another country, you could make personal assistants in the game actual functioning staff and managers could hire or fire their own personal assistants (PA) there's many things we could do with salary's. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY are we allowed to hire/fire Directors of Football? What's the point in working with a Director of Football if you can hire or fire them whenever you want? Since when were managers allowed to hire/fire Directors of a football club? The board/chairmen decide this, not the manager. Managers DON'T run the whole club. Yes, I know you can turn this option off under the staff responsibilities, but it shouldn't be an option to begin with, period. Managers should only be allowed to suggest to the board that they fire a DoF or hire one, that's it. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY are players that get their debut or those that are trying to break in to the first team still looking 'complacent' or feeling 'complicated' surely they should be feeling proud, grateful, or see it as an opportunity to show off their skills. When do you ever see a player making his debut saying he felt 'complicated' and 'worried' they're always bursting with pride. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY after so many years in a FOOTBALL MANAGER game can a club just pick up another manager as if that manager literally wasn't contracted to his previous club? If another club wants you as their manager but you're still under contract with your current club why isn't the board allowed to reject or accept the other clubs request for wanting you. We're missing a step in this process, the clubs need to start negotiating with each other. Clubs in real life can't just contact a manager from another club while he's under contract and the chairman/board of the original club get no say, they have to allow the manager permission to speak to the new club. Of course you can just resign if they reject another clubs approach for you, but these things happens in real life. If the club rejects the offer, and you're unable to talk to the other club, then you can offer an ultimatum, resign or discuss your demands if you're to stay. Chairmen in this game need WAY more power, because right now it feels as if the manager runs the whole club. I want to feel like I have a boss as well. FIX IT!!!!

But never mind fixing all the realism aspects of the game, we have new recyclable packaging guys, yayyy! (even though the majority of customers purchase through stream thus making the packaging entirely pointless for those that buy it online.) Forget about concentrating on making the game incredible and a huge milestone for 2020, lets just SAVE THE FISHES with our new recyclable packaging, yayyy! Such a disappointment so far this year, absolute claptrap. It's just an updated Football Manager 2019, except unlike other updates, you have to pay £40 for this one.  

I get your frustration. You wrote a lot of good ideas there.

For me its a bit frustrating too. I love the FM in general, i buy it every year and play it a lot with friends. But after all those years i think every year that i hope for a bigger step. This ones seems to be even smaller then the last one.

Match Engine is a back and forward every year, last one was not that good. You cant say it has a good ME when the best players of this planet (Ronaldo & Messi) Scoring mostly not over 10-15 goals over a season. thats so far away from being realism.

5 Years plan is the biggest and best thing i see for the new fm. But the rest is nothing special and this is sad. My biggest hope for now is that they made big steps at the ME and at the AI in general but i doubt it.

Edited by KiLLu12258

On 06/10/2019 at 04:16, Stewart1111 said:

Serious question, do the markers of this game actually even read requested features from these forums? I genuinely haven't seen a single idea on here be put on to the actual game. Pretty much every new feature that has been announced could have LITERALLY just been added to the game via an update. I'm tired of it, I've been loyal for years but I'm not spending money every year for a game that's pretty much the same as the previous year, except this year we can create a 'five-year plan'. Explain to me why half the features that have been announced, if not all of them, can't just be added to the game with an update? Is it greed? I keep hearing they like the game to realistic, then explain why many of the realistic aspects of the game have NEVER been fixed, improved or even added to the game? Instead they worry more about the background colour of the game, which groovy font they're going to use this year, adding even more questions to press conferences when in fact most players skip it altogether. 

~ WHY has transfer deadline day still not been revamped after so long? I'm sure there is a way to make it as exciting as it is in real life. Why not have a live 60 minute clock ticking down without the need to press continue? If you take part of the transfer deadline you should feel UNDER PRESSURE to get a last minute signing. That's meant to be the whole idea of the transfer deadline. We could even have our inbox receving messages/offers/replies in REAL time. For example, you bid on a player, then between 1 to 60 minutes later (in real time) the club responds to your bid. Agents sending you messages, players demanding loan moves, everything should feel HECTIC on deadline day. Don't tell me that's not possible because we had the live coundown in the fantasy draft, so there's no reason why it can't implemented in career mode. 'Take Part or Decline' has been the same for years. It's dull, boring and brings no excitement. A live clock ticking down will give you that feeling that you need to hurry up and buy someone. This literally happens in real life. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't you just change the way Al managers bid on your players, because whenever I try to sell a player all of the AI managers will offer me the exact same amount. It's like the AI managers all contact each other before they place the exact same on my player, for example, I'll try to sell a player and amazingly I'll receive about 11 offers all the same (even clubs from different countries) £4.6 million plus 15% sell on fee, and £500,000 after the player has played 20 games. You would think the makers of this game would have noticed this and changed it to be a little more realistic. A different variety of offers isn't too much to ask for and it's something that's easily fixable. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't you add more details in international management because it literally hasn't changed since 2007. In fact, we've lost more features in international management if anything. WHY training doesn't exist in international management I'll never know. Players don't stop training when they go on international duty. I remember I had a World Cup save, but I couldn't reach past the quarter finals because all my players fitness were between 50-70% as I was unable to train them or rest them, but the players from other nations were all at 99-100% because AI managers were able to train them I assume, or after a match they automatically went to full fitness. Just ruins the game for me when something like that is again easily fixable. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY do my back up players keep demanding game time? The player signed a contract as a back up player. So why is he demanding I play him? I'll play him when I want. If anything, back up players should be requesting loan moves to get game time, or be happy to play when picked, why sign a back up contract if they're going to demand game time every 2 months? FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can you only 'shout' once every 15 minutes in match time? In real life managers can shout at their players whenever they want, not once every 15 minutes. FIX IT!!!!
~ WHY is there no real relationship between you and your coaches? 
~ WHY is there no pep-talk before a penalty shootout? Like REAL managers, I want to be able to tell my players to relax, good luck, ignore the crowd taunting or tell them not to let the nerves get to you etc. Just what happens in real life, managers hyping up their players. FIX IT!!!!
~ WHY do players not put themselves forward for taking a penalty, or players deciding they don't want to take a penalty due to nervousness etc? Again, these things happen in real life. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY can't I force my senior players to train with the Under 20's if I feel they have a bad attitude or not performing to their standards, or making countless mistakes during games, or disrupting team unity, not letting them back into the squad until they've apologised to the squad. Discipline in this game needs to be expanded. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY hasn't a substitution icon on the proccessing tab during the match been added by now? There's already a little yellow/red card whenever a foul takes place, and a little football when a goal is scored, complete the set and just add a little red and green substitution icon, then we can hover it and it can show you which player has come on and which player has gone off, rather than having to go to player ratings to see when the other manager has made subs. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY after so many years can you still not let us use our salary? What's the point in giving me a salary if I can't do anything with it? Why not let us use our salary for things that real life managers would actually have to pay for. I don't know, let me see, maybe, paying for your coaching badges from your salary? Paying to actually go on holiday (pay a small amount to go on holiday for a certain amount of days. If you go on holiday for even longer, weeks/months then you need to pay even more out of your salary) pay for language courses if you're working in another country, you could make personal assistants in the game actual functioning staff and managers could hire or fire their own personal assistants (PA) there's many things we could do with salary's. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY are we allowed to hire/fire Directors of Football? What's the point in working with a Director of Football if you can hire or fire them whenever you want? Since when were managers allowed to hire/fire Directors of a football club? The board/chairmen decide this, not the manager. Managers DON'T run the whole club. Yes, I know you can turn this option off under the staff responsibilities, but it shouldn't be an option to begin with, period. Managers should only be allowed to suggest to the board that they fire a DoF or hire one, that's it. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY are players that get their debut or those that are trying to break in to the first team still looking 'complacent' or feeling 'complicated' surely they should be feeling proud, grateful, or see it as an opportunity to show off their skills. When do you ever see a player making his debut saying he felt 'complicated' and 'worried' they're always bursting with pride. FIX IT!!!!

~ WHY after so many years in a FOOTBALL MANAGER game can a club just pick up another manager as if that manager literally wasn't contracted to his previous club? If another club wants you as their manager but you're still under contract with your current club why isn't the board allowed to reject or accept the other clubs request for wanting you. We're missing a step in this process, the clubs need to start negotiating with each other. Clubs in real life can't just contact a manager from another club while he's under contract and the chairman/board of the original club get no say, they have to allow the manager permission to speak to the new club. Of course you can just resign if they reject another clubs approach for you, but these things happens in real life. If the club rejects the offer, and you're unable to talk to the other club, then you can offer an ultimatum, resign or discuss your demands if you're to stay. Chairmen in this game need WAY more power, because right now it feels as if the manager runs the whole club. I want to feel like I have a boss as well. FIX IT!!!!

But never mind fixing all the realism aspects of the game, we have new recyclable packaging guys, yayyy! (even though the majority of customers purchase through stream thus making the packaging entirely pointless for those that buy it online.) Forget about concentrating on making the game incredible and a huge milestone for 2020, lets just SAVE THE FISHES with our new recyclable packaging, yayyy! Such a disappointment so far this year, absolute claptrap. It's just an updated Football Manager 2019, except unlike other updates, you have to pay £40 for this one.  

I suggested improvements to more general game play stuff like having more one-on-one with GK, player tussling, adherence to tactics, modern tactics, better player movement... but some of yours seem easier to fix. I was told that a collision system is taking them four years to implement. God knows how other realistic stuff like GK AI, realistic player movement, adherence to tactics will take. 

It increasingly looks like adding realism is something that SI should put a lot more focus on to. Especially when SI call themselves the best football manager simulation game. Well, they are not wrong in a way cos they are the only one around? 

Of course, if the next updates can cover a large part of what were suggested I be more than happy to put down money for it. 

2 horas atrás, KiLLu12258 disse:

But after all those years i think every year that i hope for a bigger step. This ones seems to be even smaller then the last one.

If I'm not mistaken, I've read an interview with Miles some years ago where he said that new features for FM are discussed and then planned for cicles of 3 years. The idea that I got is that, let's say, they approve 15 ideas and then develop 5 per year in the next 3 years.

(Just to be clear I completely made up that number, it's an example).

Maybe SI staff can clarify if that's how it works or not.

I also have to say that I understand that you can't just develop everything you want, specially in such a complex game, in 12 months. On the other hand you would expect that a game that is selling record breaking number of copies could maybe increase their staff.

Edited by 99

16 hours ago, 99 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I've read an interview with Miles some years ago where he said that new features for FM are discussed and then planned for cicles of 3 years. The idea that I got is that, let's say, they approve 15 ideas and then develop 5 per year in the next 3 years.

(Just to be clear I completely made up that number, it's an example).

Maybe SI staff can clarify if that's how it works or not.

I also have to say that I understand that you can't just develop everything you want, specially in such a complex game, in 12 months. On the other hand you would expect that a game that is selling record breaking number of copies could maybe increase their staff.

It's common sense for it to work that way.  And that's not to say that every feature they add is going to take 3 years to develop, but the stuff they planned out 2-3 years ago will be reaching maturity.  Problem is, a lot of people don't really understand how software development works.

The staffing argument doesn't work though, and ironically also shows a misunderstanding of software development.  It's not as simple as just throwing more people at a problem and it'll be done quicker.  In fact, the more people you involve, you could end up achieving exactly the opposite.  The projects I've recently been working on I've been doing largely myself, because it's gotten to the point where bringing someone else in would put the brakes on things massively while they get up to speed with what's happening, and potentially come in with new ideas etc.  Not to mention that for a small team - which I believe SI still are - record sales of a niche game still don't amount to a huge surplus in budget.  Top talent costs a lot of money, and even the toppermost of top talent will still likely have no idea of the systems they're going to be working on and will take some time to get up to speed.

28 minutes ago, Stewart1111 said:

"A different variety of offers isn't too much to ask for and it's something that's easily fixable." and I can assure you, allowing even a small difference in variety of offers is doable.

And I can assure you that as you don't work for SI, you are making assumptions.  Note that this kind of rumour spreading is something specifically mentioned in the House Rules section of the forum:

"This form of criticism not only spreads false information about game development, but poisons the forum experience for all our users, including those employed by SI. These forums are intended to be a source of help and information to SI's consumer base, and this purpose is obscured when team members have to spend inordinate lengths of time defending themselves against snipes, insults, deliberate falsehoods, prejudiced misinterpretations and destructive attacks on their integrity and ability."

I strongly urge you to read the sections concerning Failure to read or follow house rules and Infractions, warnings and the banning system.

You have had enough warnings about your aggressive posting style, there will be no others.

@sporadicsmiles no need to reply thanks.

So many people have different preferences for new "features/changes". What one might want another wouldn't care about. 

For example I know there seems to be some want for "stadiums" and better graphics... For me couldn't careless about this, I play in 2D as its easier to see tactical play. Even the Regen faces don't bother me I have them off. This isn't Fifa to me, its FM. 

I'd like the ME to be continuously improved each year for my preference.  

The other worry I have is  added features slows the game down.. more clicks to get through and continue to the game. 

I think the long term Vision and the contract  updates will be good. I do really worry about signing players and hopefully with the new update it won't make signing a player harder. Example a player who is  clearly a "back up" player won't sign on those terms but wants "first team" contract. 

I get this idea of ring fencing and just improving the current game, but at the same time I have wonder why I’d bother buying a new version of the game if it wasn’t offering something different to last years.

I tend to get a little frustrated by the way yearly changes are portrayed as new features when quite often they are really just repackaging of old features with a shiny new interface. 

The training module they introduced last year was a really big and great change that I really enjoyed.

What I really want is for more imagination, big changes like that training module, entirely new ways of playing the game and rethinking how the game works. I know that’s asking a lot, with the way development works, but that is the sort of thing that will get me excited by a game. 

Not existing features moved about, or new team talk options etc

1 hour ago, johnnyyakuza78 said:

... The training module they introduced last year was a really big and great change that I really enjoyed...

I’m puzzled by this. I think that the new training module seemed to promise a great deal but I’ve no idea how to implement it properly. If I come up with my own training schedule I can’t see any way in which to see how well or how badly it performs. So I just leave it to my Ass Man. I’d like some way in which to  judge the effectiveness of various training schedules.

On 06/10/2019 at 15:37, Mr U Rosler said:

A lot of talk here about dissapointing new 'Features', I for one don't want any new features, and the yearly clamour for them is probably not very helpful. 

Will new features still be added in FM2050 or will we be done by then? Is there a finite number of features that could be included in a football sim or is it infite, at what point does adding features yearly become detrimental to the gaming experience? 

Whilst I'm sure I'm in a small minority, I'd like SI to ring fence the game, THIS is our game, Tactics, Training, AI, Squad Building, a Transfer Market simulation, Graphical Representation, Me, UI etc, etc. Stating we're not adding new features, but by God, we are going to polish the hell out of what we already have. 

Instead, we seem to be in a yearly race to the bottom, marketing to the bottom feeders on YouTube, Reddit and Instagram in the hope that we can somehow please them. 

I long for the days, through rose tinted glasses no doubt, when FM was a niche product and they were not preoccupied with try to please the widest audience possible. 

Ditto. I miss FM 2008 simplicity, even FM11 and FM15 were pretty much engaging and complex gameplay without extra "features". While FMT is good but it's still does not come close to FM08-like gameplay.