FM19 Teams with young talented players

yonko

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to have a save on FM19 (once the full version is released) with a team that has plenty of young talented players, ability to attract/acquire more talented players, good training facilities, nice stable finances and good competition. 

I'm considering the following teams: Ajax, Benfica, Monaco, Dortmund, Lyon, Leverkusen 

I would love to hear pros/cons for each of those teams, plus any additional team suggestions anyone might have. Rank them even if you want based on the above criteria.

Keep in mind that I will be starting with the first transfer window turned off. And I would want to keep the talented players at the club for as long as I can while developing them into top players.

Thanks 

I don't have personal experience with these clubs for fm19, except for Leverkusen. 

Leverkusen has great youngsters and good development facilities. 

Ajax is known to produce youth.

Dortmund the same. 

For Germany there's also Stuttgart that usually have good facilities. 

Think i’ll be starting my first save with Hamburg; relegated to Germany’s 2nd tier but boasting 2 genuinely excellent homegrown youngsters in 18 year-old striker Fiete Arp and versatile 17 year-old Josha Vagnamon. 

Both are more than good enough to start from the off in Germany’s 2nd tier so building a promotion-winning team around them should provide a great foundation for the Bundesliga. Germany, of course, boasts several teams with excellent youth products so fulfulling the homegrown quotas will never be an issue - the loan market at the start of the game could see Dortmund’s Dzenis Burnic and Bayern’s Lukas Mai available, for example.

Outside of Europe’s major leagues, Steaua Bucharest have some excellent young players in Dennis Man, Florin Tanase, Olimpiu Morutan, Dragos Nedelcu and Florinel Coman so the challenge of keeping hold of them to compete in Europe could make for a great save. Their finances and status should ensure than other talented domestic players (Viitorul and Craiova have a few good young players too) can be bought to further strengthen.

Similarly, Partizan Belgrade have some very good youngsters in Svetozar Markovic, Armin Djerlek, Zlatan Sehovic and young goalkeeper Popovic so a save along the same lines as Steaua should be an option there.

Outside of Europe, Argentina’s Velez have a reputation for producing talented players, as shown in players such as Santiago Caseres, Lucas Romero, Nico Otamendi and Maxi Romero leaving in recent years.

Their curent crop (Nico Dominguez, Matias Vargas, Lucas Robertone, Ortega and teenage genius Thiago Almada) give them one of the strongest, youngest teams in Argentina.

I'm playing as Everton and they have many talents. If you can sell off some of the older and other mediocre players on high wages, you have alot of youngsters than can progress with you for many years. Most turn out to be good squad players and not worl class, so they are easier to keep happy and sign new contracts for.

There's a great list of clubs with the best youth academies over here: 

https://www.google.be/amp/s/www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-2018-best-youth-academies/amp/

Also I'm now managing Sporting Gijon, not in that list but their youth isn't too bad either. 

Tottenham Hotspur could be a fantastic option for you.  They hit every one of your criteria very well.

They have a pretty young first team already.  Many of their best players have either not hit their peak years yet or are just reaching them.  i.e. Harry Kane is only 25, Eric Dier 24 and Christian Eriksen 26.  You'll have them for their best years while developing wonderkids to replace them.  Players like Dele Alli, Harry Winks and Davinson Sanchez are all massive talents and only 22.

They have a number of talented younger players in their reserves/academy already.  Troy Parrott (16) looks like he could be a huge talent.  Players like Juan Foyth, Joshua Onomah, Kyle Walker-Peters, Marcus Edwards, Tashan Oakley-Booth, Oliver Skipp, and Rodel Richards all look to have a bright future.

Easily able to attract pretty much any prospect you could want.  They're a very high reputation club playing in the Premier League and Champions League, have state of the art facilities and a fantastic youth setup.  Financially they're very well off, and with a brand new state or the art stadium to move into (allegedly, lol) and plenty of fringe players to sell off and raise more money as needed.  They also don't expect you to win things right off the bat, though it's very easy to do so.

And since they're in the Premier League and should remain in the Champions League, they'll have a lot more luck holding onto their players than mos teams.  The only teams that really threaten Spurs are the same teams that would cause you a problem no matter who you play.  And in my experience it's usually fairly easy to convince players to stay at Spurs.  Even Eriksen despite his goal of player for Barca.

Definitely Fiorentina

they have,

a)2 young goalkeepers with amazing potential (Lafont, Dragowski)

b)20 years old slovakian left back (Hancko) with plenty of room to grow. (his PA could be different in your save)

c)one of my personal favourite central defenders of the game, 21 years old Milenkovic (he is also 1.95m)

d)ofcourse, the club grown wonderkid, Chiesa..

he is even better this year, he will be your star player for years to come!

e)Benassi, one of the best performing b2b players out there!

f)Simeone, just like Chiesa, this youngster got bumped up a lot this year- he has a fix potential too! 

g)and other wonderkids like Diakhate and Vlahovic, make sure you utilise both of them in rotation because both have plently of room to grow! (be aware though, their PA is not fixed)

14 hours ago, CapaJr said:

Definitely Fiorentina

they have,

b)20 years old slovakian left back (Hancko) with plenty of room to grow. (his PA could be different in your save)

c)one of my personal favourite central defenders of the game, 21 years old Milenkovic (he is also 1.95m)

f)Simeone, just like Chiesa, this youngster got bumped up a lot this year- he has a fix potential too! 

g)and other wonderkids like Diakhate and Vlahovic, make sure you utilise both of them in rotation because both have plently of room to grow! (be aware though, their PA is not fixed)

Quote and I agree, but good luck in keeping Chiesa.

In my only save I had the first market window blocked, but on 2nd of January he immediately left for Bayern for 70M euros :D  ( which wouldn't be a bad income for La Viola after all lol )

Thanks for your suggestions and opinions. 

I was think of a team in Italy. Fiorentina sounds and looks like a good choice but I hate them IRL and I dislike purple/violet with passion (I hate the purple skin in FM this year). That color is for Prince (RIP) only. :lol:

In Italy I was considering Roma. AC Milan will be my "bring back to glory former giants" save.

I've given it some thought and I think I'm gonna go with Dortmund. I had an excellent save with them back in FM12. Yellow is my favorite color. It would be fun spoiling the success of Bayern Munich. The Bundesliga is loaded with talented youngsters - it would be nice to build a team of German talents. Plus I will have the resources to buy talented players from other foreign teams and keep with the Dortmund tradition in recent years.

It seems like Dortmund will be a popular pick this year in FM for others as well. Hopefully there will be a thread for them.

Ajax is an amazing option as well, started my save there and they have some amazing prospects, both first team ready (thinking Matthijs De ligt, Maximilian Wöber, Kasper Dolberg, Frenkie de Jong, Donny van de Beek) and U19's (Noa Lang, Ryan Gravenberch, Sontje Hansen). Coupled with some amazing youth facilities and an awesome starting squad, this could set you for years to come. :)

On 01/11/2018 at 16:23, KlaaZ said:

Ajax is an amazing option as well, started my save there and they have some amazing prospects, both first team ready (thinking Matthijs De ligt, Maximilian Wöber, Kasper Dolberg, Frenkie de Jong, Donny van de Beek) and U19's (Noa Lang, Ryan Gravenberch, Sontje Hansen). Coupled with some amazing youth facilities and an awesome starting squad, this could set you for years to come. :)

I know. I keep going back and forth between Dortmund and Ajax. I might have to play saves with both teams. The only thing that stops me playing with Ajax is that it will be too easy domestically. I think there is more competition in Germany.

Are you able to keep De Ligt and De Jong from the big clubs easily?

Dortmund or Leverkusen.....

This is the wonderkid :

Jadon Sancho M/AM (RL) Borussia Dortmund 18 ENG
Sergio Gómez M/AM (LC) Borussia Dortmund 17 ESP
Christian Pulisic M/AM (RL) Borussia Dortmund 19 USA
Felix Passlack D/WB/M/AM (R) Borussia Dortmund 20 GER
Dan-Axel Zagadou D (C) Borussia Dortmund 19 FRA
Jacob Bruun Larsen M/AM (RL) Borussia Dortmund 19 DEN

Leon Bailey M/AM (RL) Bayer 04 Leverkusen 20 JAM
Kai Havertz M/AM (RC) Bayer 04 Leverkusen 19 GER
Paulinho M/AM (RL), ST (C) Bayer 04 Leverkusen 18 BRA
Panagiotis Retsos D (RLC) Bayer 04 Leverkusen 19 GRE

7 hours ago, yonko said:

I know. I keep going back and forth between Dortmund and Ajax. I might have to play saves with both teams. The only thing that stops me playing with Ajax is that it will be too easy domestically. I think there is more competition in Germany.

Are you able to keep De Ligt and De Jong from the big clubs easily?

I just finished my first season. Had to let De Ligt go (he was expecting bids to be accepted as well), might be you can keep him for another season if you extend his contract right after the start of the game. Got a deal totalling 72M and 40% of the potential profit on a future transfer though, so no complaints. I managed to hold on to both de Jong and van de Beek so far and to reinforce my squad substantially with De Ligt's transfer money. It is rather easy domestically (won the championship with only 1 loss and 5 or 6 draws I think) but that gives you a chance to always focus your strongest starting eleven on the continental competitions. 

21 hours ago, smdw2008 said:

This is the wonderkid :

Ah, I know. Leverkusen is loaded too and looks like interesting save to have as well. They also have Tah and Brandt. Aren't they still wonderkids too? At least they have high potentials. Dortmund also have Akanji.

I might have to run 3 saves with each - Dortmund, Leverkusen and Ajax. 

14 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

I just finished my first season. Had to let De Ligt go (he was expecting bids to be accepted as well), might be you can keep him for another season if you extend his contract right after the start of the game. Got a deal totalling 72M and 40% of the potential profit on a future transfer though, so no complaints. I managed to hold on to both de Jong and van de Beek so far and to reinforce my squad substantially with De Ligt's transfer money. It is rather easy domestically (won the championship with only 1 loss and 5 or 6 draws I think) but that gives you a chance to always focus your strongest starting eleven on the continental competitions. 

I would do whatever I have to do to keep De Ligt and De Jong at the club. I guess I will have to offer them new contacts at the start of every new season - make them key players and high paid players at the club.

IRL I want them both at Barca and would probably be signing them in my Barca save first thing.

The Dutch league is easy but also perfect for developing youngsters through game time, while preparing for big European nights.

Can someone recommend lower league team in England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, (In this order for preferred nation)that has 1-2 amazing youngsters coming in. Whom around to build the team around and keep big guys away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 09:32, CapaJr said:

Definitely Fiorentina

they have,

Decided to use Real Madrid and am currently buying him. Looks already like a great signing.

On 03/11/2018 at 15:53, smdw2008 said:

This is the wonderkid :

Thinking of BVB though...

On 04/11/2018 at 20:44, dudge7 said:

Dinamo Zagreb as always. Antonio Marin looks like the pick of the bunch this year but there's plenty youth talent in there.

Yes, I was going to start a save with them. You can hoover up the good young talent domestically too. 

Leverkusen have everything.

Wonderkids?
GK - Prinz and Kusz are both capable of being first-team shot-stoppers.
DEF - Tah can still fulfil his once amazing potential, Jedvaj showed for Croatia that he still has the ability to make it by putting two past Spain! Retsos is one of the best young defensive prospects in the world, Wendell is still young and capable of improvement, and Weiser is still quite young too! All-round very young back line.
MID - Havertz, Brandt and Bailey are a better young trio than you will get from any other club in the world.
ST - You also have Paulinho who has just joined you and is looking mental already, capable of playing in midfield or as a striker.

Compelling story?
They once had it all at their feet - Bundesliga, Champions League, Pokal Cup! Then they lost it all in the dying moments. Avenge them and win it yourself!

In addition, they have decent financial income from their ownership of Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and pre-existing top-quality training and youth facilities.

Man Utd:

Rashford/ M Greenwood

Angel Gomez                           C. Gribbin                                   T. Chong

Puigmal                                         J Garner

Dalot                      Tuanzabe                  L O'Conner                 E Laird

L Bejger

Surprised Milan didn't came up yet. They have great facilities, and some amazing players: Donnarumma and Plizzari in goal, Calabria, Caldara and Romagnoli in defence, Kessie and Paqueta in midfield and Cutrone up front. Obviously one of the most successful clubs in the world, currently going through some rough time. 

Leverkusen or Dortmund are way too powerful, for me its no fun playing as them as you’ll dominate everything at most in 2 seasons. 

However, I could recommend Gladbach from Bundesliga. 

although its also a strong contender team, its not as superior as the other two.

my other recommendation would be Hamburg, they have great youngsters like Arp and Vagnoman.

Archived