Football Manager 2019 Feature Blogs: VAR and Match Improvements

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say this addition seems pretty useless. We have a digital game here, so VAR or goal line technology is standard, it has been in the game since the CM days, just not in the form that you notice it. The pc doesn't make mistakes, so a goal is counted only when the ball has passed the goal line, and offside is offside.

Apart from the time it seems to consume, pretty annoying when you have seen it happen a couple of times I think, somehow SI has to have made the ref, a digital entity unable to make mistakes, error from time to time to be able to let VAR overrule him. Fluff in my modest opinion and hardly something to brag about as a fantastic new feature.

I really don't see the point. And if you still want to add VAR for 'realisms sake', make it quick (drop the animation or make it easily droppable in preferences).

The match animation posted seems pretty lame, no improvement in stadium and supporters that sit and stand simultaniously while the ref checks the VAR seems rather silly...

Edited by ommerson

8 minutes ago, ommerson said:

I must say this addition seems pretty useless. We have a digital game here, so VAR or goal line technology is standard, it has been in the game since the CM days, just not in the form that you notice it. The pc doesn't make mistakes, so a goal is counted only when the ball has passed the goal line, and offside is offside.

Apart from the time it seems to consume, pretty annoying when you have seen it happen a couple of times I think, somehow SI has to have made the ref, a digital entity unable to make mistakes, error from time to time to be able to let VAR overrule him. Fluff in my modest opinion and hardly something to brag about as a fantastic new feature.

I really don't see the point. And if you still want to add VAR for 'realisms sake', make it quick (drop the animation or make it easily droppable in preferences).

The match animation posted seems pretty lame, no improvement in stadium and supporters that sit and stand simultaniously while the ref checks the VAR seems rather silly...

I totally agree with your last sentence, it does look very silly.

1 hour ago, ommerson said:

I could be wrong, but you have already in the game bad calls by the ref. At least when related to the offside.

So, perhaps now the ref can also make a bad call that wil be overruled (or not) by the VAR.

Agora, Weston disse:

Yet referees still make mistakes in real life even with VAR...

yeah i know unfornately  , i complain a lot with VAR and referees here in portugal!!!

And in some league they still learning how to use the thing but the errors are terrible

26 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

yeah i know unfornately  , i complain a lot with VAR and referees here in portugal!!!

And in some league they still learning how to use the thing but the errors are terrible

I think the referees should spend sometime with rugby referees and learn how to do it.

2 horas atrás, matanshamj disse:

i saw a video in the release show that in the VAR it will be also with the incident himself on split screen.. to see what the ref see.. am i right? didn't saw it in the game ..  

it was on 2d but it said it was not actual game footage i think

I read that Var will not have any influence at referees decisions (well and if someone  think it logical  no one  can make it happens in a video game)  so every VAR decision will be the same with Referee's first one? 

Edited by Sheriff7

This is my feedback, sorry for my english, I am spanish…...

The defense of the teams that handle the cpu is very bad. The "human player" give them many chances to score. The defenders are watching until the forwards shoot at goal. The defenders mark very badly and pressure very little. The "cpu teams" must improve a lot defensively. The human players won all the matches very easily.

Look minute 1:21.

What happens to the defence in this game????. This is terrible!!!!. the defenders are looking at the ball, do not press, mark the opponent badly, more tan 20 shots on goal per game. I think the defense in general is very BAD!

Please, fix this. Thanks!!!

It was removed because it held back development of the match engine, if SI kept that view they could not push forward with improving the game.

8 minutes ago, Barside said:

It was removed because it held back development of the match engine, if SI kept that view they could not push forward with improving the game.

That sounds strange to me, because they still have the 2D classic. What is the difference??? 

You´ll still have to simulate what happens on the pitch. I just try to understand, why this camera view, was the reason why, they couldn´t push the engine forward..

Edited by bella699

IIRC the current 2D view is a virtically placed camera looking down in the 3D graphic engine whereas previously the 3D view was an extrapolation of a 2D graphic engine.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 00:12, kosecki99 said:

Look minute 1:21.

What happens to the defence in this game????. This is terrible!!!!. the defenders are looking at the ball, do not press, mark the opponent badly, more tan 20 shots on goal per game. I think the defense in general is very BAD!

Please, fix this. Thanks!!!

Whats laughable is the two guys sitting there are not being critical of the game at all . They seem to be either blind or don't want to say anything . Saw some footage yesterday on You Tube with them playing Bayern 04 and a defender just stopped and let a attacker just pinch the ball off him and they said nothing . These two guys are not saying anything about the graphics or game play at all and seem only interested in the tactics and training 

14 minutes ago, Barside said:

IIRC the current 2D view is a virtically placed camera looking down in the 3D graphic engine whereas previously the 3D view was an extrapolation of a 2D graphic engine.

Thanks for the answer m8. It makes sense to me now. Then I will use the Data Analyst cam in FM2019, because this was the camera angle in FM2018, that came closest to the 2D in FM2017.

• Neil Brock unpinned and featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
I like the new features in the game. But what I think is a pity and misses, is the ability to see what the referee sees when he walks to the sidelines to watch the scene again.
I would like to see the repetition of the scene during the period to better understand why the referee so decides. 
So I only see how the referee stands on the TV and then get only a short text message as he has decided. 
In my opinion, one should be able to view the scenes in time as repetition. 
I hope you will include this option with one of the next patches, I would be very happy and I think I would not be the only one who would be glad about that.

29 minutos atrás, CR4Z33 disse:

I like the new features in the game. But what I think is a pity and misses, is the ability to see what the referee sees when he walks to the sidelines to watch the scene again.
I would like to see the repetition of the scene during the period to better understand why the referee so decides. 
So I only see how the referee stands on the TV and then get only a short text message as he has decided. 
I hope you will include this option with one of the next patches, I would be very happy and I think I would not be the only one who would be glad about that.

+1 

Em 08/11/2018 em 08:12, CR4Z33 disse:

I got what you mean. Kinda a mosaic where you see:

- the ref watching the var
- what is being shown to the ref
- and the players reaction waiting.

I saw a match where was shown that way the VAR checking 

Edited by tiago_wakabayashi

On 27/09/2018 at 17:12, legnerschorsch said:

Oh, I think i can about the direction they are heading. SI creates this huge merchandise drama and then the first new feature they celebrate is a new Skin. THEY set the emphasis. Sorry, this is no improvement! The community creates much better skins for already a decade. It´s a feature that gives uncritical buyers an illusion something has changed.

Again,  as long as the world cup final still looks the same like a non-league game the match engine is  a failure. This is what they should be working on.

I´m turned off by their communication and self-celebration. At least, they could be honest and switch to a system of yearly licenses. I would gladly pay the same price. But I would´t feel like they are trying to take me for an idiot any longer.

SI should put this in their offices as a reminder what matters.