Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
BanOly

Teams to Manage - FM19

Recommended Posts

HI ALL!!!

wanting a team to manage.. 

hoping you could tell me some big teams that have fallen down there respective leagues in their country that i could start with. Any ideas or recommendations 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jtaddy said:

HI ALL!!!

wanting a team to manage.. 

hoping you could tell me some big teams that have fallen down there respective leagues in their country that i could start with. Any ideas or recommendations 

 

Possibly Sunderland, Nottingham Forest (only fallen down a division but used to have European Glory), Portsmouth after they had point deduction for debt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ben.berry said:

Possibly Sunderland, Nottingham Forest (only fallen down a division but used to have European Glory), Portsmouth after they had point deduction for debt 

cheers Ben,  any teams abroad you know of, Germany, Italy, France etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lblanc said:

Anyone ever managed in Turkey?

Looking for a side project /successor to my Sporting save, I've been doing a Napoli save but I find the Italian league too easy 

I've never managed in the Turkish so wondering what the level is like.

I'm thinking of either going with Fenerbahçe  looking to overtake Galatasaray in the number of Super Liga Titles or  Başakşehir who came close to winning the league last year.

I'm kind of tempted by Başakşehir as they have a lot of good players who I'm massive fans of down the years such as Demba Ba, Emre Belözoğlu, Robinho , Clichy and Arda Turan.

But I'm open to suggestions I could of course try to  continue Gala's reign or maybe a team outside of Istanbul to break that reign Bursaspor (Who were actually relegated IRL) or Trabzonspor.

Alanyaspor also have another one my old Newcastle favourites in Papiss Cisse 

Why not Besiktas? It's probably a decent parallel to Sporting CP. On paper, maybe the third best squad in the country, a decent medium term challenge to try and overtake Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. Plus, they share the colours of your favourite team.

Basaksehir is also the club of the political establishment these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jtaddy said:

cheers Ben,  any teams abroad you know of, Germany, Italy, France etc

Germany - Kaiserslautern, Eintracht Braunschweig, Karlsruher SC have all won the Bundesliga beforehand but have since fallen 

Italy- Possibly Torino (the only team that comes to mind that used to be a threat but has since fallen) 

France- FC Nantes possibly

Other suggestions: KV Mechelen, Boavista and Leeds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Why not Besiktas? It's probably a decent parallel to Sporting CP. On paper, maybe the third best squad in the country, a decent medium term challenge to try and overtake Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. Plus, they share the colours of your favourite team.

Basaksehir is also the club of the political establishment these days.

Yeah Besiktas would be fun too. Didn't know that about Basaksehir :-o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking to start possibly my last fm19 save this weekend. I am using the updated database with all the summer transfers. I'm wanting to try something different in a league other than the main ones. Maybe Eastern Europe. At a club capable of winning a European trophy within 5 years. Some good youth and to be able to buy low and sell high is the aim and keep building. I want a competitive league though with at least a few other challenging teams in it. Getting a European cup to Eastern Europe or to a new country is a great goal. 

I have a few options in mind

 

Zenit st Petersburg, spartak Moscow

Besiktas

Gent, Genk, Antwerp

Dynamo Kiev ( but the league looks too easy)

Lausanne ( how much money do you actually get to spend over a few seasons if anyone has tried them)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would any of you here consider it cheating to still use the 19.3 database even though transfers have been made irl? I'm thinking of going Leverkusen but would like to use Brandt and maybe eventually bring in Hirving Lozano. I was even going to use the update to replace Brandt with Lozano but he's now went and signed for Napoli! There are a few other players I would like to bring in that have now moved to other clubs irl too, I kinda feel bad using the 19.3 database now, but it would be good to be able to use Brandt at Leverkusen for the last time. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to do a full on youth save, meaning home grown at club. It's typically a goal of mine, but managing in England after Brexit it makes it so hard to sign 18 year olds and hold them for 3 years cuz of work permits. Which country would allow for this to be assimilated the easiest?

I'd assume Spain, as you can sign from every EU country, easily from SA, and Africa and you can route them from U19s, to B team, to first team quite easily. Anywhere else? I don't want to have to worry about work permits on 18 and younger signings and I want to snap up tons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Would any of you here consider it cheating to still use the 19.3 database even though transfers have been made irl? I'm thinking of going Leverkusen but would like to use Brandt and maybe eventually bring in Hirving Lozano. I was even going to use the update to replace Brandt with Lozano but he's now went and signed for Napoli! There are a few other players I would like to bring in that have now moved to other clubs irl too, I kinda feel bad using the 19.3 database now, but it would be good to be able to use Brandt at Leverkusen for the last time. 

I'd do whatever youd enjoy most, it's only a game at the end of the day 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Would any of you here consider it cheating to still use the 19.3 database even though transfers have been made irl? I'm thinking of going Leverkusen but would like to use Brandt and maybe eventually bring in Hirving Lozano. I was even going to use the update to replace Brandt with Lozano but he's now went and signed for Napoli! There are a few other players I would like to bring in that have now moved to other clubs irl too, I kinda feel bad using the 19.3 database now, but it would be good to be able to use Brandt at Leverkusen for the last time. 

Not all, I'd say it's less cheating than using the transfer update like I am as really that's for FM20. Crack on and enjoy - and post it in the Bundesliga thread :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Would any of you here consider it cheating to still use the 19.3 database even though transfers have been made irl? I'm thinking of going Leverkusen but would like to use Brandt and maybe eventually bring in Hirving Lozano. I was even going to use the update to replace Brandt with Lozano but he's now went and signed for Napoli! There are a few other players I would like to bring in that have now moved to other clubs irl too, I kinda feel bad using the 19.3 database now, but it would be good to be able to use Brandt at Leverkusen for the last time. 

I generally use 19.0 or whatever it is, as I don't like how the player histories of for example Krzysztof Piątek look when he appears to have moved to Genoa, made 0 appearances then moved to Milan all before 1st July. So do what you want man, I personally never download custom dbs anyway so how you outlined is probably how I'd do a Leverkusen save.

5 hours ago, steakfaced said:

I want to do a full on youth save, meaning home grown at club. It's typically a goal of mine, but managing in England after Brexit it makes it so hard to sign 18 year olds and hold them for 3 years cuz of work permits. Which country would allow for this to be assimilated the easiest?

I'd assume Spain, as you can sign from every EU country, easily from SA, and Africa and you can route them from U19s, to B team, to first team quite easily. Anywhere else? I don't want to have to worry about work permits on 18 and younger signings and I want to snap up tons.

Portugal has no foreign player rules, so you can sign a ton of 18 year old South Americans. Similar to Germany actually, although there you do have a slight issue of the B teams not being in active leagues unless you get really lucky and they get promoted (which is pretty much a lottery to get a team promoted into an active league). I don't think either has loan restrictions either. Holland is similar, with Ajax, AZ and PSV even having their B teams in the 2nd division. 

Spain is good for it because of the structure of the teams, provided you choose one whose B team is in the 2nd / 3rd tier, but you also can only register 2? nEU players (although it only takes 2 years for them to gain nationality). But ultimately I'd advise Portugal, Holland or Germany. If you're wanting to play on easy mode Ajax have by far the best squad in their nation and you'll be able to go far in the Champions League straight away, generating money and allowing you to snap up all those young talents (especially if you get a mega sale of de Jong / de Ligt), or Benfica have the most stacked academy in the game - a bunch of really good wonderkids with great personalities almost first team ready anyway, which means you can sell a bunch of existing first team players to raise funds, and they also have 4 squads: Benfica, Benfica u-23s, Benfica B and Benfica u-19s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I generally use 19.0 or whatever it is, as I don't like how the player histories of for example Krzysztof Piątek look when he appears to have moved to Genoa, made 0 appearances then moved to Milan all before 1st July. So do what you want man, I personally never download custom dbs anyway so how you outlined is probably how I'd do a Leverkusen save.

Portugal has no foreign player rules, so you can sign a ton of 18 year old South Americans. Similar to Germany actually, although there you do have a slight issue of the B teams not being in active leagues unless you get really lucky and they get promoted (which is pretty much a lottery to get a team promoted into an active league). I don't think either has loan restrictions either. Holland is similar, with Ajax, AZ and PSV even having their B teams in the 2nd division. 

Spain is good for it because of the structure of the teams, provided you choose one whose B team is in the 2nd / 3rd tier, but you also can only register 2? nEU players (although it only takes 2 years for them to gain nationality). But ultimately I'd advise Portugal, Holland or Germany. If you're wanting to play on easy mode Ajax have by far the best squad in their nation and you'll be able to go far in the Champions League straight away, generating money and allowing you to snap up all those young talents (especially if you get a mega sale of de Jong / de Ligt), or Benfica have the most stacked academy in the game - a bunch of really good wonderkids with great personalities almost first team ready anyway, which means you can sell a bunch of existing first team players to raise funds, and they also have 4 squads: Benfica, Benfica u-23s, Benfica B and Benfica u-19s. 

Ah good shout. I did a Benfica save on FM17 and it becomes a bit too easy maybe, and in my current save they actually make deep runs in the CL too. I wanted to do an Ajax save but seeing as theyre so good (and you dont get the FDJ money) I might skip. In all my time playing I've actually never done a Germany save so that might be the one. That or going back to Portugal and picking a lower side. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Belgian league looks quite competitive and a good starting point for a career. Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk, Standard Liege and Gent all challenging for the title and some great young players in the league.

I'm thinking of starting off as Standard Liege, anyone had any experience with them or in Belgium. Is it realistic to win a champions league with them? That's my goal, otherwise just do a good job and use it as a stepping stone to a bigger job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 22:44, Carlf788 said:

The Belgian league looks quite competitive and a good starting point for a career. Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk, Standard Liege and Gent all challenging for the title and some great young players in the league.

I'm thinking of starting off as Standard Liege, anyone had any experience with them or in Belgium. Is it realistic to win a champions league with them? That's my goal, otherwise just do a good job and use it as a stepping stone to a bigger job 

You forgot Antwerp :) called the 'great old' , played 13 years in the second tier, now finished 4th in their second season in the 1a( 1th tier).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah so I did. I looked at them but they seemed a quite a bit behind the others. Gone for Lazio in the end anyhow as I like Serie A and they have great potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 24/08/2019 at 07:32, RandomGuy. said:

I'd do whatever youd enjoy most, it's only a game at the end of the day 👍

 

On 24/08/2019 at 11:23, Jogo Bonito said:

Not all, I'd say it's less cheating than using the transfer update like I am as really that's for FM20. Crack on and enjoy - and post it in the Bundesliga thread :cool:

 

On 24/08/2019 at 12:23, zlatanera said:

I generally use 19.0 or whatever it is, as I don't like how the player histories of for example Krzysztof Piątek look when he appears to have moved to Genoa, made 0 appearances then moved to Milan all before 1st July. So do what you want man, I personally never download custom dbs anyway so how you outlined is probably how I'd do a Leverkusen save.

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the 19.3 database 👍🏻

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...