Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ˇdetz said:

Is it possible to copy league formats/rules to another league? For example using Priemer League league format/rules in Prva liga

Not a really "copy" so you select a set of rules and then bum put them in another nation.  What you can is mirror (a) any competition league format/rules and create/modify other nation's rule with that.  But be aware that some nations' rules are hardcoded, so you can't modify a lot (and I  don't know the extension of those hardcoded rules/nations).

• a) How to mirror a competition's rule:  If the nation's rule is the standard, you must see the rules in the game:
    • Open a save with the nations you intend to copy, go to rules, and try to set those rules in the editor with the nation you desire.

On 02/10/2020 at 14:35, krakonico said:

The tip to ensure the team will go down: give as many deduction points as many games (by 3) the season have or more, so even the team wins all of them the end season tally of points will be zero (or less).  So in the event other team lose all their matches, they will be higher than your desired team.

For the rest of your questions you must search in the advance rules if that is possible. (I think you can, knowing the team and the division they are at the start of the first season). As you can make set of rules that will apply for different years, but I don't know a lot of AR

For the team being in administration, I don't know if that is possible to maintain a lot.  Maybe with the use of in-game editors to set negative balance from time to time.

Transfer ban is possible even with basic rules, IDB, just set a start date and an end date.

Thanks for the reply krakonico.

Dai

HI there.

I'm a few seasons deep into a really good save. My main issue is that the uefa u20 league doesnt allow me to have many players in my atalanta squadabove 20 in reserve. Is there a way of changing the rule on this within the save?

Is there a way of changing the amount of substitutes within a save?

2 hours ago, sparkmonism said:

HI there.

I'm a few seasons deep into a really good save. My main issue is that the UEFA u20 league doesn't allow me to have many players in my atalanta squad above 20 in reserve. Is there a way of changing the rule on this within the save?

Is there a way of changing the amount of substitutes within a save?

Sorry, but no, you can't.

On 29/09/2020 at 22:02, cleiria said:

Hi

Go to Sintrense and select the owner and go to:

Sem Título.png

Hey,

Any other way to do that? Or simply force a takeover? I got the game from epic games when it was free so I have no editor.

Also, I have another issue, I've gotten to the Liga NOS, and solidified my position, won the europa league 2, the actual europa league and a couple of cups, but I am still playing in a ground I was forced to rent from CD Estrela after promotion to the 1st division. I've asked the board a million times for a new ground but they tell me the fanbase isn't large enough. Now, my reputation already is 4 stars and I have around 50 million in balance, but I'm not sure what I can do to grow the fanbase.

Hi All,

Now that the Sumer Transfer window has closed in most countries i am trying to recreate all the transfers and of the loans in game some of which seem quite complicated and i can't figure out how to do some things or if they are possible so was looking for some help in doing it please.

Is it possible to set future loans starting at the start of the 2020 season in the database, is it just a case of setting the loan start date to 2020? How do i prevent the current club seling said player first season before the loan comes into effect? The way i have been dealing with this currently is making any player that is on loan at a club for the current season being on loan at said club for 2 seasons from game start although this isn't accurate it was the best solution i could think of.

How would you implement a loan with an option/obligation to buy that does not activate until a certain time?  Is it possible to recreate this kind of loan in the editor or not and how would i do it please?

Many Thanks for any assistancwe

Dai

Hi All,

When creating nation rules, is it possible to have no relegation from a league for a certain period while promotions to said league continue? For example, for two years no relegations from top leagues but two team still get promoted each year for two years, thereby increasing the number of teams in the league incrementally.  

i figured i have go on advanced rules i am still unsure of how to enter the correct info.  Pop-up Tooltips aren't very helpful and i dont have the computer power to do a bunch of trial and error (probly would take me months).  some instructions would be nice

Any help welcome.  Thanks

Edited by garmac
more info

On 07/10/2020 at 05:44, Dai35 said:

Hi All,

Now that the Sumer Transfer window has closed in most countries i am trying to recreate all the transfers and of the loans in game some of which seem quite complicated and i can't figure out how to do some things or if they are possible so was looking for some help in doing it please.

Is it possible to set future loans starting at the start of the 2020 season in the database, is it just a case of setting the loan start date to 2020? How do i prevent the current club seling said player first season before the loan comes into effect? The way i have been dealing with this currently is making any player that is on loan at a club for the current season being on loan at said club for 2 seasons from game start although this isn't accurate it was the best solution i could think of.

How would you implement a loan with an option/obligation to buy that does not activate until a certain time?  Is it possible to recreate this kind of loan in the editor or not and how would i do it please?

Many Thanks for any assistancwe

Dai

To what I have noticed with loan is that even when you set a starting date in the editor, the games processes them from the start of the season.  On the player profile in the editor, under loans in where you would enter this info.  Look at all the options, i believe there is a check box there for future transfer fee. You can also use the future transfer tab to make the loan permanent on a specific date.  

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, garmac said:

Hi All,

When creating nation rules, is it possible to have no relegation from a league for a certain period while promotions to said league continue? For example, for two years no relegations from top leagues but two team still get promoted each year for two years, thereby increasing the number of teams in the league incrementally.  

Any help welcome.  Thanks

It is possilble, but it is defintely advanced rules.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

It is possilble, but it is defintely advanced rules.

i figured but when i go on advanced rules i am still unsure of how to enter the info correctly.  Pop-up Tooltips aren't very helpful and i dont have the computer power to do a bunch of trial and error (probly would take me months).  some instructions would be nice

27 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which country do you want to edit? Then I will try and talk you through it.

And please don't say Belgium. Belgium is so hard to edit :(

LOL, Jamaica...starting this year the structure will be modified.  Premier League has 12 teams and will not have any relegations at the end of this season but two team promoted same as always...so 2021-22 season will start with 14 teams.  The same for the end of that season so 2022-23 will now start with 16 teams...after that the league will continue with 16 teams, two being relegated each season after.

there is are Playoffs to choose the champions and while i can do that part, the playoff is random but would like to add how the playoff brackets are selected as well.

thanks for your help

15 hours ago, garmac said:

LOL, Jamaica...starting this year the structure will be modified.  Premier League has 12 teams and will not have any relegations at the end of this season but two team promoted same as always...so 2021-22 season will start with 14 teams.  The same for the end of that season so 2022-23 will now start with 16 teams...after that the league will continue with 16 teams, two being relegated each season after.

there is are Playoffs to choose the champions and while i can do that part, the playoff is random but would like to add how the playoff brackets are selected as well.

thanks for your help

In that case, first build the 12 team Premier League in basic rules with the divisions below it going low as you want. I don't know the Jamaican data very well, but you will have either Premier Division and Lower League under it or Premier Division, First Division, Lower League.

Between the Premier League and First Division you do not allow movement. So Premier League gets relegation 0 and First Division gets promotion 0. All other stuff build isn't that interesting right now.

If you're done with that, verify and convert to Advanced Rules. If you have done that, come back for lesson 2.

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

In that case, first build the 12 team Premier League in basic rules with the divisions below it going low as you want. I don't know the Jamaican data very well, but you will have either Premier Division and Lower League under it or Premier Division, First Division, Lower League.

Between the Premier League and First Division you do not allow movement. So Premier League gets relegation 0 and First Division gets promotion 0. All other stuff build isn't that interesting right now.

If you're done with that, verify and convert to Advanced Rules. If you have done that, come back for lesson 2.

Thanks for your reply....so i get that so far....there is Premier League and Super Leagues below that....

However, Super Leagues is more like a parent competition for 4 regional leagues. Winner in Each of the 4 Leagues enter a playoff and two teams from the playoff gets promoted to Premier League...

On to lesson 2 i guess...

This may be a dumb question but I am having trouble finding a solution. When I test competitions it says there is a "display error". 

It says "Function: 'display error'

File: '/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/fm/game-tools/silibs/sitoolkit/generic/logs/log_manager.cpp'

I have no idea what or where the jenkins file is in my system and have no idea how to correct this. Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: I am also unable to convert anything to advanced rules.

Edited by arsenalfan101

18 hours ago, garmac said:

Thanks for your reply....so i get that so far....there is Premier League and Super Leagues below that....

However, Super Leagues is more like a parent competition for 4 regional leagues. Winner in Each of the 4 Leagues enter a playoff and two teams from the playoff gets promoted to Premier League...

On to lesson 2 i guess...

Ah, that's interesting. So the promotion isn't so much via a simple up and down, but via a playoff. Hmm, need to think how to keep it simple without needing to rebuild too much in advanced.

Following on from my initial post, I have decided to start a new save, which I will do if I can impliment the following:

More subs on bench/more subs to bring on.

Allowing older players to play in Uefa Youth League.

If these have been covered eslewhere, can you please direct as I'm struggling to find them.

Thanks

4 hours ago, sparkmonism said:

Following on from my initial post, I have decided to start a new save, which I will do if I can impliment the following:

More subs on bench/more subs to bring on.

Allowing older players to play in Uefa Youth League.

If these have been covered eslewhere, can you please direct as I'm struggling to find them.

Thanks

You need to rebuild the UEFA championships completely: the Champions League, the UEFA League, the UEFA CUP II and the youth leagues.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:00, Wolf_pd said:

Ah, that's interesting. So the promotion isn't so much via a simple up and down, but via a playoff. Hmm, need to think how to keep it simple without needing to rebuild too much in advanced.

ok cool thanks for your help...can you send PM on here?...maybe send one when you think of a workable solution...am still playing around with options in the meantime...to bad i got to load it the game each time to see how close i am.

1 hour ago, garmac said:

ok cool thanks for your help...can you send PM on here?...maybe send one when you think of a workable solution...am still playing around with options in the meantime...to bad i got to load it the game each time to see how close i am.

Need to think still. Weekend was spend on data for FM21

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i am trying to mass create a ton of new players into the game by using a script to generate the XML and importing it through the Editor. I generate a random  database id.

However, a lot of the players don't appear in the editor (or ingame), most probably because that db id is locked or already used for something else. Does anybody know a trick i could use to prevent this from happening? Or the range allowed for new db id's?

On 05/11/2020 at 21:38, Sly419 said:

Is it possible to change the number of teams from each country that gets a place in the Champions League? For example, 5 teams from England instead of 4?

Depends on how you have it in mind. If you want to edit or swap out some coefficients, you can change it that way. If you really want to have a different setup for the competition, UEFA revival in the download.

Ok, so Epic fm2020 user here on PC - not got the in game editor yet as I want to ensure it'll do what I want it to do. Can't seem to find a comprehensive list of capabilities..... read through about half this thread tho - helped with some of the questions.

2 years into a save now, I want to keep it going. Only recently got fmscout and it showed a few things under the hood that I kinda want to fix. Mostly it's small scale tuning stuff.

1) Increase PA - I started with a 17yo fringe player in a lower league, up to the premiership now and he's still an occasional starter and he's done well. According to FMS he's hit his PA of 117 at age 19. To me (as a former sports trainer) that's ludicrous - so I want to increase his PA - not to anything stupid but so that he can continue to progress and remain a useful player. I know this can be done so the question is mainly: would simply increasing the PA be enough, or could other factors come into play?

2) Mental/Hidden stats, I had a newgen  that I had high hopes for, but he never really progressed all that much, discovered much later (fms obviously) that in addition to his known relatively low determination, he had some really poor other stats too, like injury 19 and important matches 2, as well as poor ambition & proff. So despite a 160 PA it seemed he was never gonna get there. So can all that be edited at will in game too?

3) from what I've read this next one is indeed possible: I decided to blow pretty much entire Transfer budget on whatever my weakest position is, which happens to be AML. There's a very decent winger listed by Man City as surplus (Leroy Sane if you must know). And although City will agree the sale, Sane won't even talk to me (/sadface) despite that I know I can afford him and his wage demands. As much as I prefer not to completely game the system, I'd rather force the transfer than miraculously godmode my existing winger.

btw. I'm aware that simply setting high attributes will result in them slowly bubbling down to fit their current CA. Anything else I should know about?

I know the above can be done with some of the other 3rd party tools, but I've always preferred official over 3rd party; but in anycase I'd be curious to know if there is anything that the official IGE cannot do that those 3rd party ones can?

PS one more thing, feedback to the main game if you wish: When a minnow team plays a top team and gets beaten 3-0, that doesn't mean they played badly. A team like, say MK Dons can play out of their skins and get beaten 3-0 by Man U. I wish the game engine reflected that rather than coming up with match rating 6.0-6.4 for all MK's players.....

Thanks!

I have never reached this corner of the forums so I apologise if in the wrong place or asking an inappropriate question.

I am looking at playing with Palermo when converted to the full game but noticed that their kit in FM is more white than pink.

The kits aren’t licensed so not something I can pull them up in and request updating so hoping for some help in replacing the kit either through a league pack or uploading a custom that shows in the 3D engine? 

Any advice or files or places I should check?

How do I change the balance of ethnicities for regens? I created a new nation in Africa that I want to be represented by players of all colours but by default all the regens are African. I've used languages to set the balance of names exactly as desired but looking for a way to alter the regen colours as well - preferably to a 60/40 black vs white ratio but am willing to settle for any sort of diversity.

I've looked at the settings for real countries and can't find anything obvious that would govern this change. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Supermercado99

Good day 

I am a FM user for a long time, but I have a small question regarding the editor. I am editing my own team and players every year (which costs a bit of time...) and I would like to know if there is a way to upload these data from a previous version into the new FM without editing everything again. How can I do that?

Thank you for your help!

On 11/11/2020 at 11:28, Oswaldo said:

Quick question - if I have the "No Brexit".fmf file for FM20, if I move this to FM21 editor data folder will it still do the same thing or do I need to change something within the file?

Impossible to say untill FM21 comes out and you can update the file to 21 in the editor.

3 hours ago, deusette said:

Good day 

I am a FM user for a long time, but I have a small question regarding the editor. I am editing my own team and players every year (which costs a bit of time...) and I would like to know if there is a way to upload these data from a previous version into the new FM without editing everything again. How can I do that?

Thank you for your help!

You can try and upload the file in the FM21 edtor, check for any errors and then use it in FM21.

8 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

How do I change the balance of ethnicities for regens? I created a new nation in Africa that I want to be represented by players of all colours but by default all the regens are African. I've used languages to set the balance of names exactly as desired but looking for a way to alter the regen colours as well - preferably to a 60/40 black vs white ratio but am willing to settle for any sort of diversity.

I've looked at the settings for real countries and can't find anything obvious that would govern this change. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

For now, changing enthnicity for any country isn't possible.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:24, Alfredo James said:

isit possible to start a custom league that is not based in a single nation? e.g european super league which involves multiple nations?. because it seems i cannot work on advanced rules without my league being based in a nation

The game is based on playing nation competitions, so you will need to start a nation game, but..... you can set up the custom league in such a way that it is seen as 'European' while you pick out one of the countries as your base nation.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

For now, changing enthnicity for any country isn't possible.

Thank you, I noticed changing region to UK & Ireland gave a better balance of colours (though tilted towards white more than I was hoping in this scenario) so however it's decided in the background maybe it's just a case of finding a region that has the colour mix I want.

Was mine too long? Ok, so tldr version

1) Is increasing PA enough to ensure someone can keep progressing or are there other factors

2) Are all attributes, including hidden and Personality ones able to be changed?

3) Am I correct in assuming you can force a transfer in the IGE

Thanks

1 hour ago, skaddy said:

Was mine too long? Ok, so tldr version

1) Is increasing PA enough to ensure someone can keep progressing or are there other factors

2) Are all attributes, including hidden and Personality ones able to be changed?

3) Am I correct in assuming you can force a transfer in the IGE

Thanks

1. Yes although outside factors (training at current club and such) will determine if he progresses. Also, he might decide your club is not good enough or Barca and Real start poaching.
2. Yes
3. Yes

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

1. Yes although outside factors (training at current club and such) will determine if he progresses. Also, he might decide your club is not good enough or Barca and Real start poaching.
2. Yes
3. Yes

Awesome Sauce, tyvm!

Although I still think a comprehensive spec of what the IGE can or cannot do posted somewhere would be a good idea ;)

Edited by skaddy

15 hours ago, skaddy said:

Awesome Sauce, tyvm!

Although I still think a comprehensive spec of what the IGE can or cannot do posted somewhere would be a good idea ;)

Also, just check if the game allows you to buy the IGE, since you are on Epic.