FM18: Hidden Gems

benchester

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently on my first save with Rangers and have made a few nice signings, however one is standing head and shoulders above the rest.  He is constantly receiving plaudits from the media and a few player of the month awards. I can see him being a fantastic fit for any Scottish side and probably a good pick up for a Championship team.

Thomas Pledl (Sandhausen, German Second Division). Can be secured for around £1m.

Pledl.thumb.png.9e7f866fccfcc5b129d30bf674e2ba16.png

As you can see, his value has started to increase significantly after playing 15 games.

Another that I have discovered is Leo Suarez (Villareal, La Liga). Can be secured for around £3m. Suarez has featured 22 times for the Argentinian under 20 squad and scored an incredible 19 goals!

Suarez.thumb.png.7dcc89dfabbe202f3d375232401e4127.png

Both of these players are young and should improve with game time; I think both players could be a great fit for a English Championship club!  If anyone takes the plunge, I'd be very curious to see how they get on.

1 hour ago, scott MUFC said:

few more, this one was one from last year all of these are 4* 1 black potential

3B230DB140F15FE712B3952D25FBEB480395969F

072BAAB849A6CBCE8FAC5A485B1382670040FBA0

03B25F9D0E6272E4EB79A87ACC0CCFA9030EEAC7

got Eggestein last year for BVB 

he became a top player 

ended up with a front 3 of him pulisic/dembele they were beasts 

however couldnt hold onto him went to Barca as Suarez replacement and he became top scorer in the World cup

19 hours ago, fidelitywars said:

Will sort a screenshot later but Panagiotis Retsos at Leverkusen looks incredibly good. Imagine he'll be tricky to sign owing to his recent move from Olympiakos but still, ridiculous stats. Similarly, Gladbach's Mickael Cuisance has a look of something a little special.

As promised - Retsos; ludicrously good for his age:

retsos.thumb.png.df969acba046098b08f58c5615180cc0.png

Likewise, Cuisance is extraordinarily classy and well-developed for a 17 year-old:

cuisance.thumb.png.77c50eb934408e997b8e60fc8d96263f.png

Been good since the winter update of FM17 but Yusuf Yazici worthy of posting, I reckon:

yazici.thumb.png.a620935565fbdc03280459ffffce2c94.png

Similarly, Lovro Majer is somehow still at Lokomotiva (though is wanted by most of Europe's elite in-game):

majer.thumb.png.2696c27fe75acfe95e3e14d331535b83.png

Antonio Marín. Doesn't look like his stats are random and has the potential to develop into a nicely-rounded striker:

marin.thumb.png.ce7b2a1d4897ea96ab8b35a01bfdd58e.png

Marin's namesake in Dinamo Zagreb's u19s looks the next of their production line too:

marin2.thumb.png.80ef4f7c9cb66ae198b9c9db7f388b7d.png

On 27/10/2017 at 15:26, Tullekunstner said:

It will probably be incredibly difficult to get him, but Trent Alexander-Arnold looks like he can become an absolute beast this year. Very well rounded and versatile to boot.

59f341dacc1e6_TrentAlexander-Arnold_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.83e1d037044b78374b9ae8d5b51bd609.png

If anyone needs a young, cheap winger, Tobias Svendsen looks like a steal for £400k

59f341d7e1c67_TobiasSvendsen_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.ee6fed5db88d746add0543b0fc8ccf6a.png

I'm playing as United mate, signing Liverpool players is not on!

Any more RB suggestions still very much appreciated...

A couple I've found so far:

Martin Bjornbak (Bodo/Glimt) - Centre back with nicely rounded stats available for £120k.

Dogan Erdogan (LASK) - Hard working midfielder again with solid stats (18 long shots) valued at £55k from the start but I managed to agree a £1.8million deal.

Fabio Martins (Braga) - Tricky winger natural on both wings with 16 dribbling and 15 for technique, first touch, pace, acceleration and agility. £700k.

Ewerton (Portimonense) - Probably the pick of the bunch in terms of value for money. Very solid midfielder available for £55k (also worth checking out some of Portimonense's other players).

David Stec (SKN St Polten) - Very capable right back with good stats available for £1.2million.

Robert Gumny from Lech Poznan (RB/LB) looks like he could be decent. Paid £5.5mil for him in January (he refused to sign for me in the summer but would have been cheaper), has performed well so far and has a lot of potential.

PebNbew.png

Any PL top six level players that are an absolute steal when you first start the game?

I remember a couple last year like Soler could be had for buttons. Most of the youngsters I've tried to buy so far have had astronomical asking prices.

36 minutes ago, TheJanitor said:

Anyone spotted a high-potential Sweeper-keeper? Not necessarily cheap but one who could be world-class in a few years.

Joaquín Blazquez looks like he can become a beast.

Sergio Rico and Predrag Rajkovic can become quite capable sweeper-keepers. More suited to being regular gk's, but fairly well suited to the SK role as well.

2 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

Anyone spotted a high-potential Sweeper-keeper? Not necessarily cheap but one who could be world-class in a few years.

Andreas Lind looks like a good keeper.  I bought him for my Celtic squad from Molde for 750k GBP.  Not quite a sweeper keeper because he's a bit slow.

Andreas Lind 750k.png

7 hours ago, Vash420 said:

Any PL top six level players that are an absolute steal when you first start the game?

I remember a couple last year like Soler could be had for buttons. Most of the youngsters I've tried to buy so far have had astronomical asking prices.

Angel Correa, available from Athletico £6-8m

Few from Latin America

Rodolfo Pizarro; been good in past couple of FMs but seems to have had a boost here. Usefully, also able to play at right back - a position with few good options in-game:

pizarro.thumb.png.dd1806d6423e366af5c73e1253b741b5.png

Emanuel Reynoso; yet another talented left-footed playmaker. Plenty of them about in FM18:

reynoso.thumb.png.550ee64769c611c144b21b696554a472.png

Alejandro Chumacero; Bolivian dynamo with strong physicals and solid all-round stats:

chumacero.thumb.png.fd8c9e12c52a65b3ab384b5deab6c4a5.png

Gonzalo Carneiro; tall, languid and technical Uruguayan striker:

carneiro.thumb.png.f9d1c82864f0f425e376db67b190d6ca.png

Lucas Martinez Quarta; talented, ball-playing central defender:

quarta.thumb.png.8a7a2bf52dc09013e0c29825bcf6716a.png

On 28/10/2017 at 21:23, kpsia518 said:

any subjection for winger ?

looking for old school winger,Beckham sytle.

not modern IF

Beckham was not any where close to being an old school winger. An old school winger was/is faster and would have white boots as he would be running up and down the touch line all of the time, going to the byline to cross the ball -not Beckhams game 

Any suggestions for a cheaper DLF and BBM for Milan? Roughly £20m budget for the lot.

Not looking for first teamers, but maybe youth prospects? They will have to play for the first team, they'll mostly be back up for now

2 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Any suggestions for a cheaper DLF and BBM for Milan? Roughly £20m budget for the lot.

Not looking for first teamers, but maybe youth prospects? They will have to play for the first team, they'll mostly be back up for now

Take a look at Marko Grujic. I'm playing as liverpool right now, so not sure how much he'll go for but I know in last year's FM you can get him pretty cheap and I suspect that might still hold true. At least if you have some patience in when to aquire him.

Other than that, Jorrit Hendrix is available for £6-9m in my save and Jean Michael Seri's contract runs out after the first season so he's worth taking a look at.. Bart Ramselaar looks promising and available for £6-13m, Elneny gets transfer listed and should be available for about £12-13m. Not quite as sure about box to box midfielders, but a couple of these players (Seri for instance) is more than capable of filling in for both roles. Maybe take a look at Alessandro Murgia.

Oh ****, just saw that you wrote DLF, not DLP... lol. Well you can take a look at them anyway and see which one would be suited for playing box-to-box roles. :lol:

59f780a2a4a8a_Skrmavbild2017-10-30kl_20_42_11.thumb.png.014b3b049a1012cc958070f317260e70.png

Not exactly 'hidden' but a bargain nevertheless. Porto have transfer listed him from the beginning for £6,5m! Not too expensive in wages either as you can see in my screenshot as I managed to close a deal at £58k/week. A real bargain if you're looking for a experienced midfielder that can play in different roles along the midfield. 

11 hours ago, DKB said:

Beckham was not any where close to being an old school winger. An old school winger was/is faster and would have white boots as he would be running up and down the touch line all of the time, going to the byline to cross the ball -not Beckhams game 

this 100% 

old school wingers have more or less gone from the game

beckham was one of the best crossers of the ball I have seen but he couldnt beat his man but the cross was so good he didnt need too:D

Archived