FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bdavies26 I like your choice of team with Oberhausen. Hopefully you have the patience to keep progressing but once you can introduce the first badge of youngsters this will be a boost

@Kazushi80 Brilliant name: Eléctrico :)
Looks a difficult challenge at the moment but the reward is double in that case. I guess it’s also the competition format which doesn’t make it simple to go up.

@Muttley84 The nestor poster in this FM17 thread :)
Over 10 seasons already and very short on completing the challenge with your Champions League participation. Good luck there.

@Pippadoc Your progress is excellent in France. I already tried the challenge there, no success. So I’m envy on your progress so far. Shame the board sells your better prospects though.

@Shankly84 Cool name and badge in Anakara. Despite those 2 narrow missed play-offs and keeping your head just above water, you were still progressing in a good way. It’s nice to get rewarded with promotion in your 4th season (the Leicester comparison :-) ). Success in the 2nd division!

@The_Gato_In_Goal What a game with Spakenburg so far! Despite the long road to finally go up you have a fantastic game history. Really like those updates and look forward to read new successes at the highest Dutch level. I’m glad you got rewarded after all those seasons in the Jupiler league

@darren1983 Another long running game. It’s excellent being already in the EFL1 since England is the most expanded competition to play this challenge in

@Soviet Immediate promotion to the Ekstraklasse. Wow! Looks very very good to quick success in that way

@Shakes Another country I once tried but Northern Ireland is really difficult due to the contract problems. In that way you have already achieved some excellent results and promotion. KUTGW

@Jambo98 A lot of talent in Croatia so looking forward to your progress. Promotion to the highest division in your 2nd season is excellent. Going smoothly

@Dan BHTFC I really admire your patience in Scotland. This will be rewarded, I’m sure of that. Keep focusing and believe in a bright future!

@Sanno11 The ups and downs in this challenge are normal in the progress. Now back in the football league I’m sure you will stay there. Going up is sometimes a bit of a gamble with all those play-offs but I’m sure you’re on the way up now.

@GloryFan2002 How unlucky to miss promotion by a single point.

@makovn I guess it’s a bit filtering on what you want. Small country, big country? Competition format (number of games, play-off system, etc…)? Good national team?
For myself I like reading a lot of challenges in different countries. As you see above, more variety isn’t possible
:)

1 hour ago, makovn said:

@JWVG, @Schiavone well I don't want to many leagues to climb so a country with two leagues is great and I don't want a small country that means that success in Europe would take a lot of time

I think success in Europe will take a lot of time, no matter the country :D

Well, nations that have only two active leagues and are quite "big" would be: Holland, Russia, Ukraine

How are the rules for Norway in this challenge? I mean, at the end of year 2016 there will be no promotions from lower leagues, so we will have to holiday through 2017 and pick a newly promoted team from there. In that case, is it allowed to pick a team relegated in 2016?

6 hours ago, Shakes said:

@fabreth - It needs to be a team that was unplayable at the start of the game, so holidaying multiple years is fine, you just can't pick a team that went down then came back up.

I thought so. Since on my reloads Lyn doesn't want to appear, i took Fyllingsdalen, only to realize later that it was playable on 2016

Berchem Sport
Season 1 (2017-2018)

General info|Fixtures part1-part2 | League Table | PO Fixtures | PO Table | Squad Stats | Youth Intake | Facilities | Finances | Awards

First Division Amateurs - 4th Looking the complete picture, this is a fantastic season. We started very strong after continuing our form from a good cup run. But the fairytale didn’t continue. A dramatic November month say us losing the plot. Several draws and losses got the team slowly losing ground. Main problem in this bad run were scoring goals. Our possession rating was still very good but in front of goal all strikers lost form.
After a very short pick-up of form in the December – January period, we once again got into a bad run of results (1 win in 7). We once again really lacked goals. But suddenly we peaked at the right moment! With a fantastic 4 wins in row Berchem Sport managed to reach the playoff finals. Brilliant achievement and a very successful campaign!

Promotion Play-Off - 3rd Since Cercle gained that much points, promotion wasn’t possible anymore for the other 3 participants. So, we gave it our best shot and also gained the youngsters some playing time. We managed to get 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses which made us ultimately pass VW Hamme to finish 3rd in the promotion play-off.

Belgian Cup - 6th Round We got an excellent start with qualification against UR Namur and Westhoek. This resulted in a gala match against the biggest team of the country, RSC Anderlecht. Our performance in that game was very good and we only lost 2-0 in front of 20.881 fans. A number of fans also nice for the financial part of the challenge

Player Stats and Awards
1. Roy Mauro: Most playing minutes and games. 4 goals and a rock at the centre of defence. A certainty.
2. Tim Verstraeten: Top scorer and main threat up front. Sometimes ups and downs but with 15 goals decisive
3. Samuel Piette: Right wingback whose assists were crucial. Also high average rating.

Youth
Class of 2018
Everyone but one player is signed (due to only have halve a star and plays in a position which is currently completely unused in my 3 setups). My assistant picks out strikers
Joaquim Martin and Ciro Torelli as his favorites. Nevertheless I’m going to work in every possible way with all of them. Since the most open positions in the first team squad are up front (Torelli and Martin) and in central defense (Van Huffel and Van Den Eynde), those players will probably get their chances quicker than the rest of the bunch.

Manager’s office
On the staff level my assistant manager and head physio were out of contracts. Since their pretty high wages I decided to replace them with cheaper options. Jannes Tant came in as assistant, Jos Snyers as physio.
Our first average attendance: 923

The World Cup was won by Switzerland (defeating France in the final). Belgium lost in the semi-final and got 4th. Courtois, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Hazard were selected in the dream team

Image result for sv spakenburg

SV Spakenburg - 2027/28

Eredivisie | League Table | Dutch Cup | Transfers | Squad | Facilities | Finances | Best 11 

So for this year, I switched to a 4-3-3 narrow in order to go much more direct and just try to lump the ball up the pitch and score a few goals while conceding a fair amount as well. When it went well, we were able to pull out some 2-1 victories (including one over Ajax), but when it didn't work we lost by a lot (8-1 to PEC Zwolle). All in all, we were able to pick up enough wins to finish comfortably enough above relegation. We were able to get another youth recruitment upgrade (up to above average) and it paid off when we finally got a Ukrainian player! He looks pretty good as well and I have high hopes for him. Additionally, we spent 4.8M of the 5M we got in prize money for another training facility upgrade which should take it to "state of the art." As you'll be able to see, Johan Schouten (09b) looks insanely good and is now kicking up a fuss about leaving. Luckily, I have another 3 years worth of optional extensions on him, so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. 

Class of 2028

Dmytro Virt (11a) - A Ukrainian!!!! He does look very good as a B2B midfielder. His 17 heading and 5 jumping reach are a bit interesting though.

Remco Vriends (11b) - Decent striker, but we have enough of them for now.

Jordi du Chatinier (11c) - We've had a lot of good CBs come through the last 3 years plus the 2 that are our starters, so I can't see him getting much time atm.

Class of 2027

Yassine Bennouna (10a)

Jasper van Voorthuizen (10b)

Class of 2026

Gerald Druppers (09a)

Johan Schouten (09b) 

Herman Frijn (09c)

Class of 2025

John Lammers (08a)

Onur Şerifoğlu (08b)

Class of 2024

Carlos Rijssel (07a)

Jos van Staa (07b)

Class of 2023

Erik van Hoof (06a)

Rob Bergkamp (06b)

Gijsbert Loukili (06c)

Toine Ruijmgaart (06d)

Class of 2022

Daan Janssen (05a)

Brian Spaan (05b)

Class of 2021

Erdem Yiğat (04b)

Remco van der Veen (04c)

Mike Kuijpers (04e)

Class of 2020

Emre Taylan (03a)

Dennis van der Wal (03b)

Sebastão Ntyamba (03d)

Class of 2019

Kees van Berlo (02a)

Nathan Felomina (02c)

Class of 2018

Ed van den Beld (01a)

Jan van der Heijden (01e)

2nd Nationality Watch

Morocco x11

Turkey x10

Suriname x9

Aruba x3

Angola x2

Cape Verde x2

Greece x2

Indonesia x2

Curaçao x1

Ukraine x1 (1st nationality x1)

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    Dutch Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer                  Most Assists                                      Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol/van der Meiracker (16)  Tol (7)                                           Tol (7.07) 
2018/19   Jupiler League    19th        4th Round      Basic                  Poor                 Basic               Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (17)                    van der Meiracker (7)                             van der Meiracker (6.97)   
2019/20   Jupiler League    18th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Adequate            Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (13)                    Oostinjen (10)                                    Custovic (7.09)  
2020/21   Jupiler League    19th        2nd Round      Below Average          Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (14)                    Tol (7)                                           van der Heijden (01e) (6.98)  
2021/22   Jupiler League    19th        3rd Round      Adequate               Below Average        Average             Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (9)   van Berlo (02a) (5)                               Veerman (7.06)  
2022/23   Jupiler League    16th        3rd Round      Average                Below Average        Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                    Tol (16)                    Oostinjen (8)                                     Oostinjen/van der Wal (03b) (6.91)  
2023/24   Jupiler League    16th        4th Round      Good                   Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (14)  Oostinjen/Taylan (03a) (6)                        van der Wal (03b) (7.06) 
2024/25   Jupiler League    7th         2nd Round      Impressive             Below Average        Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                    van der Heijden (01e) (15)  Bergkamp (06b) (9)                                Kujipers (04e) (7.22)
2025/26   Jupiler League    11th        4th Round      Impressive             Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        N/A                    van Staa (07b) (24)         van Staa (07b)/van der Wal (03b) (7)              van Staa (07b) (7.13)
2026/27   Jupiler League    1st         4th Round      Excellent              Adequate             Exceptional         Fairly Basic        Promotion              Şerifoğlu (08b) (15)        Şerifoğlu (08b)/Lammers (08a)/Bergkamp (06b) (10) Ruijmgaart (06d) (7.38)
2027/28   Eredivisie        14th        2nd Round      Excellent              Below Average        Exceptional         Above Average       N/A                    van Staa (07b) (12)         Lammers (08a)/van Staa (07b) (7)                  van Staa (07b) (6.99)

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 13

htMf2.png

That moment when you are at your best but it isn't enough to succeed. Lots of frustration as we finish the season unbeaten but only manage 2nd position in the League Table as PAOK have been the better team. So we enter the European Play-off with 2 points, same as Olympiakos and AEK (the other team being Atromitos with 0) and the hope of reaching the last spot of Champions League by winning this tinny competition. We Failed again as a single defeat and to many draws were enough to send us all the way to the 3rd spot, and the preliminary rounds of Europa League next season. In the Cup we lost in the 3rd round against Olympiacos. And in the Champions League we continued our regular form as we only gathered one point from a boring draw at home with Bilbao and lost all the other matches (although not at the same difference as before).

Not much to pick for season awards, as I overall feel a bit disappointed by the season. The number one reason is that we keep losing our best players for what I feel like are pennies that we didn't did that much. Barcelona and Liverpool got Transfers out of us this season. Between the 11.5 m from this transfers and the ~23 m from Champions League football we gathered enough money this season that our Finances allowed us to do another upgrade to our training facilities. We are now excellent in both training and youth facilities and extensive youth recruitment network.

I signed another 2 years deal with the club but starting to lose a bit the motivation. 13 seasons is a really long time, and although we have constantly 10-12 players to the national teams U21 and U19 it's a bummer to lose them all just when they star blooming as class players. A smaller Youth Intake this season, but some decent prospects. We now have around 60 players between the first and reserve team, but I am reluctant in loaning our younger prospects, thinking that their development might be better served at our club.

Next year objective: reclaim the title, have a decent enough run in the Europa League to increase our club coefficient a bit, and of course, the objective we failed for the past 3 seasons: don't lose any of the important players!

484.png

NK Zadar - Croatia - Season 3

Final Table | Past Positions | Transfers | Finances | Facilities

Season Summary

Final position - 6th (of 10) 

Our first season in the top flight, our only objective was to survive, and we did it with some style. 6th was beyond my wildest expectations, but it really was the cliche season 2 of 2 halves. 

The league table based on the first half, and second half of the season tell a story. 

We actually won our opening game, against eventual champions away from home. Sadly, it was not  sign of things to come. We then went 9 without a win and we were right in the mire, never cast adrift but we really needed a boost. A win against the other basement club helped us, but then 3 more defeats in a row. At this stage, it was clear that my promotion tactic was not cutting the mustard, and i was chopping and changing and trying to find something that worked. Eventually, settled on a 442 which seemed to give us an immediate boost. Just before the winter break, we go 3 wins and 3 draws from 7 games and suddenly we are starting to look like safety was possible. 

We survived Jan without losing anyone, which was nice as a few were bidding up to £500k for my YP00a keeper. Post break, we seemed to have a bit of hangover. We took only 1pt from 4 games, incluing 2 heavy defeats. I stuck with the 442 system though and got my rewards. We went on an absolute tear. Winning 5 straight, including beating the runaway league leaders again set us well on the road to safety and more. We were suddenly looking up, not down and we had easily secured at least 9th (so at worst a playoff) with 5 games to go. We did lose 2 after our winning run, but then finished the season on a nice high as well with 10pts from our last 4 games to propel us all the way up to 6th in the league. Unbelievable, Jeff. 

The cup was nothing worth speaking about, as always. Got through one game, then lost to the bottom of the league club. 

Top Performers

The 2 non youths again who are worth a mention. 

Vlatko Blazevic - Once we went to 442 he spent a chunk of time at ML, but also still got plenty game up front as we rotated a lot and took advantage of versatility. Another nice goals and assists return from the stalwart  

Juraj Maretic - Generally has been our AMR, and with the emergence of Culina he was under threat, but in 442 he played up front and was on fire for a while. Again, does not look much but good to have a non youth option i can call upon to do a solid job

Tagged Youths Update

YP00a - Jurica Cubrillo - First choice again now, starting all but 2 games and being the subject of interest from top division clubs all around europe. Can see a sale at some point, as i have a non tagged youth backup who is already in the Croatia U21's squad despite barely getting a look in for me. 

YP00b - Dragan Matic (LOST TO HADJUK SEASON 1) - Bizarelly, released by Hadjuk after half a season and languished as a free agent ever since. Gutted, he would still have been in my first 11

YP01a - Vlatko Ivanovic - Emerged as a first choice striker when fit, although had a bit of injury prone season. Not a huge return in goals but still continues to show improvement and scored some important goals. Likely to be first choice again. 

YP01b - Milo Culina - Finally took the plunge and threw him in as first choice for a big chunk of the season. He held up his end of the bargain, helped by the fact that our 442 is overall more solid. Will now become a first choice every game. 

YP01c - Ante Culic - Very little starting time, lots of the bench but really struggled to perform. Have improved his determination and personality type through tutoring, but he has never shown much. Need to decide what to do with him soon

YP02a - Toni Culina - When we went to 442, immediately installed him as my everday MR. He was developing really quickly and even had interest from bottom end EPL clubs. His development seemed to slow a bit, but his performances were good. Now wants to move to a bigger club, but i have him under contract for a while

YP02b - Jozo Juric - Spend the season in the U19s, as we have a few more options in CM. Will need to sort out depth chart and see if i can get him some games, or else consider a loan

Youth Intake 

Intake - Interesting intake. 2 very good CM prospects, one of whom could be class and ready to help immediately, and yet another striker, but then the depth falls off a cliff. Will take it, as we could use a CM or 2 and not to bad for other positions across the squad. Will tag 3 

YP03a - Ivan Miletic - The better of the 2 CM prospects, great physical stats to start so will look to bring him in for game time right away

YP03b - Vjekoslav Juric - We are overloaded with striker prospects, but he might stand out from the crowd. Quick, and can already finish. 

YP03c - Ervin Matic - Another CM, but more DM which might fit in with my balanced 442. Needs some development though 

Other / off the field

We did finally get a takeover, which seemed to clear the debt and take out a small loan (£112k). This did lead to our first upgrade of the challenge, with Junior Coaching being nudged up. Sadly we continue to hemorrhage cash and even with the good chunk of prize money for finishing 6th, we are barely out of the red. Only a major player sale is going to get me any proper facility upgrades i suspect :( 

Greek Youth Adventure - Season 14

htMf2.png

Using the holidays to cruise through seasons, now we come to our 14th in management of Ergotelis, and claimed back what should be ours last season. 1st in the Greek Superleague and champions, we looked consistent for the entire season and next year it's gonna be Champions League football again for us. We also had a good run in the Cup, but we lost in the semi-final against Olympiacos. Our Europa League campaign went pretty well, we managed to sneak past the qualification stages into a Group with Valencia, Rennes and Red Star Belgrade, finished 2nd, but got kicked out in the first knockout phase were we met Liverpool. Feel like we've been a bit unlucky in the draw as each time we passed the groups we were paired with a really huge team of CL stature.

We have a young squad with good depth competing for all internal trophies by now and used mainly the same 4-1-2-3 dm wide formation all season, with the Awards going to D Kourouthianakis 24a (our main goalscorer, if we lose him at this point we are pretty much screwed for a couple of seasons), G Vourgoutzis 26g which also got Goalkeeper of the season and finally replaced Stoupakis 17b in goal for the first time in this career, D Maronitis 26c - this summer he got called to the Greek National team, making it the first time we have one of our current players there (we also have another 13 in the development teams) and lastly F Dokimakis 28e who has been a rock at the back and already turning down 6-7m offers for him.

Speaking of which, it was a season of struggles but we managed not to sell anyone and make our Transfer activity so empty... dunno if I can keep hold of them during this summer also. Decent Youth Intake as we really needed another striker to give us some perspectives in the position.

Lastly, I won again manager of the Year, got another upgrade on our training facilities - which are now ranked as Superb - and there is no more option at the moment to upgrade them. Finances looking pretty good, and in addition we averaged 11k spectators this season (our best average so far but still some distance from our stadium capacity of 26k).

Ankara_demirspor_Logo.jpg

Season 5 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish 2nd Tier

Current Profile - League Table - Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

After last years promotion we was now one step away from the big time. I wasn't sure if our squad would be able to cope with the step up and it was difficult at times but we eventually steered clear of the relegation spots finishing the season in a decent 13th place. Not bad for our first attempt. I was also offered the Bursaspor job. They are in the Super league so I must be doing something right!

Star Players

Tolga Ozturk - Carried on where he left of in previous seasons. Handed in 2 transfer requests this season though and only has 12 months to go on his contract. So unfortunately not likely to be at the club after next season.

Emirhan Cimen - Another good season from the centre back.

Zekeriya Balciuglu - Came into the team as a starter and did well in his break through season.

Umit Baskoy - Another one who came in for his break through season and did well.

Serdar Ulusoy - Carried over form from last season. Could be a good player.

Cemal Duran - Top goalscorer again but didn't reach the heights of the previous season.

Youth Intake

We have the best player to come from an intake yet in Bayram Pehivan. Already attracting interest from the big clubs. Could prove difficult to keep hold of him. The rest of the intake was decent as it has been since I took over.

Next Season

I was happy with where we finished considering it was our first season at this level. So hopefully we can kick on and build on this. As a side note for some strange reason we have now moved back to the other stadium we was originally renting. Sounds like a bug to me. Also when I look at the clubs history page, I cant see any past records. Only the current season ones. Again sounds like a bug to me.

SEASONS PROGRESS

Season     League              Pos	Top Scorer                             Av Rat	                     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Turkish 3rd Tier    7th	Serman Karamadm - ST  - 9 goals	       Ozkan Serbest - DC  - 7.25
2018/19	   Turkish 3rd Tier    6th      Bilal Isak      - MC  - 16 goals       Bilal Isak    - MC  - 7.33      
2019/20    Turkish 3rd Tier    15th     Eren Balkan     - AML - 7 goals        Hasan Tuzcu   - DL  - 7.10
2020/21    Turkish 3rd Tier    1st      Camel Duran     - ST  - 21 goals       Firet Seven   - AMC - 7.40    Promoted As Champions!!
2021/22    Turkish 2nd Tier    13th     Camel Duran     - ST  - 14 goals       Hasan Tuzcu   - DL  - 7.21
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFF FIELD PROGRESS

Season     Finances  Stadium      Av Att    Capacity  Corporate Fac.  Training Fac.    Youth Fac.    Junior Coaching    Youth Recruitment
2017/18    £218k     TCDD Ankara  342       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Basic         Adequate           Basic
2018/19    £176k     TCDD Ankara  362       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Average            Basic
2019/20    £344k     TCDD Ankara  420       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2020/21    £600k     TCDD Ankara  606       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2021/22    £1m       Sincan Ilce  842       8,000     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Fairly Basic

2 hours ago, Jambo98 said:

@Muttley84 are you holidaying the actual seasons? Does that not take away a lot of the point of the challenge?  I thought it was sort of not done in this challenge? Then again i also didnt realise we could use Touch, so maybe i am just out of touch!

Using the holidays (Christmas and New Years) as I am not working my regular 10-12 hours 6 days prr week and have the house to myself to play all day :))

I don't think that by holidaying the matches I could have gone so far as winning the league, but thank you for your interest in keeping the point of the challenge alive.

I mentioned in my first post of the challenge that I'm using the Touch version of the game. It isn't by any means easier as you can see from my 14 seasons of grinding, it's just a bit quicker for me, but if it is agaisnt the rules I can certainly stop my updates and play just for the fun of it. Cause I enjoy it a lot. :)) 

Ah sorry that makes more sense :D Confusing of the word!

Your updates are great to read. Cant imagine that using touch makes it somehow easier in general, the lack of tactical familiarity is the only real difference and that is hardly a key factor in such an insane challenge as this!

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen - Season Three

3.Bundesliga

ZhZ3mZO.png

League Table | SquadTransfers | Youth Intake | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Best XI

League

A breakthrough of sorts! We finished fifth in the league this season, the best finish of my time at RWO. In fact, our 61 points would have challenged for the league in year one, so an excellent season for us. I got sick of our old tactic and conjured up a more free-wheeling, creative attacking tactic. The result: way more goals let in (our goalie led the league in clean sheets last season), but even more goals in, with a +16 GD. The change was beneficial for most of our attack, as they seemed to bang goals in for fun at times. Raphael Steinmetz had a brilliant year, tying for the league lead in goals (21) to help lead Die Kleeblätter to a top five finish. Even better - we qualified for the DFB-Pokal (German Cup)! The top 4 in the 3.Bundesliga qualify, but no reserve teams can compete. Since RB Leipzig II finished ahead of us, we're in!

Finances

Still bad but things may be getting better soon - our chairman had indicated he wants to leave in December when elections are held. Might be enough for a takeover and some cash infusion? Otherwise just trying to keep players and compete as best we can with team-friendly contracts.

Key Players

Raphael Steinmetz - the Fans' Player of the Year, named to the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Year, co-lead scorer in the league, the man, the myth, the legend - Raphael Steinmetz! Steinmetz had an incredible year this year, banging in 21 goals and 4 assists in 33 appearances. He was named runner-up for Player of the Year as well. At just 25, Steinmetz is signed through 2022 with a 1 year club option so there should be more to come from him moving forward.

Rafael Garcia - The good news - Garcia was outstanding this year, stepping up from 4 goals and 8 assists last year to 12 goals and 12 assists on the wing. He was named to the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Year, but unfortunately decided he was too good to play for us so his RWO career ended on June 30th.

Daniel Dogan - The young Turk was a stalwart in defense this season. Averaged a 7.09 rating in 35 appearances and was named to the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Year in his second season as a starter in the league.

Felix Haas - Dogan's batterymate was also named to the 3.Bundesliga Team of the Year with a 7.19 rating in 35 appearances. Getting a little on the older side - 32 now, so we need to hope some youth comes through to contribute on the back line soon.

Youth Intake

A few good guys here. We'll see if they can start to contribute in Year 4.

Fabrice Sadjo (YP03a)

Robin Ada (YP03b)

Blessing Agu (YP03c)

Mohammad Saad (YP03d)

Career Overview

Season      League         Position    Top Scorer      Top Player       Achievements
2017/18     3.Bundesliga   7th         Kaya (15)       Kaya (7.07)      Earned Nat C & Nat B Badges
2018/19     3.Bundesliga   8th         Steinmetz (10)  Bauder (7.14)
2019/20     3.Bundesliga   5th         Steinmetz (21)  Steinmetz (7.27)

Off-Field Progress

Season  Finances    Av. Attendance  Capacity    Training Facs.  Youth Facs. Youth Rec.     Junior Coaching
2017/18 (£696K)     4,328           21,318      Adequate        Adequate    Fairly Basic   Adequate
2018/19 (£1.2M)     3,986           21,318      Adequate        Adequate    Fairly Basic   Adequate
2019/20 (£914K)     4,213           21,318      Adequate        Adequate    Fairly Basic   Adequate

Next Season

• Challenge for a playoff spot
  • Continue to develop youth - Matthias Konarski (YP01b) is pretty safely in the senior team now. He made 26 appearances last year and doesn't turn 18 until October. He'll continue to see time but we need to develop the youth as guys like Denny Herzig, Robert Fleßers, Felix Haas, and Simon Engelmann are all 31 or older.
  • Improve finances

I thought I'd give this challenge a go: I am the proud new manager of Scottish 'sleeping giants', Brora Rangers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FM17 YOUTH ACADEMY CHALLENGE

BRORA RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Brora.jpg

Brora Rangers Football Club are a senior part-time professional football club from the village of Brora, Sutherland, in the far North of Scotland. They played in the Highland Football League, of which they have twice been champions, having won their first title in 2013–14 and successfully defended it in the 2014–15 season. The following season the beat Edinburgh City in a play-off to secure their first venture into the Scottish League 2.

I'm only just starting, so hopefully it wont be too long for any updates.....Images are currently uploading, so I'll add in due course. Wish me luck...!

yfUvqd4.png

Chimney Corner - Season 6 - 2022/23 NIFL Championship

Table | Cups | Squad | Transfers

Not a whole lot to say about the season, we started decently enough but went through a mid season dry spell where the goals dried up and we lost a lot of ground. Annoyingly the team had the tendency to drop the bundle while behind and let in 3 or 4 to lose big and smash the morale. I guess that's the problem with the sagging determination running through the squad. This meant we narrowly slipped into the relegation side of the split. Never in danger mind you and we comfortably finished 7th.

I think we're just going to need a season where things go right for us and we ride the morale wave, because we don't have the quality to manufacture results, and there's zero money here so getting the upgrades isn't going to happen. Looking at the development of our players is very discouraging, nobody has seen anything more than a marginal attribute improvement. So we're in the old catch-22, need to go up to get money, need the money to get the quality to go up ...

In better news we did manage to snag the Steel and Sons cup. It's only an intermediate cup, and one the team won in the 90s, so not a big prize, but it's something to salvage from the season.

Youth Intake

Looks like a reasonable intake, although having had a few years to see how things develop I've learnt now I need to look at what they are, not dream of what they could become.

• (23a) Michael Taylor - MC - We desperately need more guys who can pass the ball so he's a good find. 9 determination already down to 8 by the end of the season though. :(
  • (23b) Eddie Gawley - AMR - Like some of the players we already have, quick but not much else. That's not cutting it so I don't have high hopes.
  • (23c) Graham Longstaff - ST - Big target man style striker who at least offers something different to what we already have. Consistent performer too, maybe the man to lead the line?
  • (23d) Andrew McKeague - MR - A second right winger who brings pace and not much else.
  • (23e) Scott McIlroy - ST - Decently quick and 17 finishing. Maybe too one dimensional to be the striker in my setup, could make a decent inside forward?

Awards

For once I think the fans got it pretty right here.

• (18b) James Whiteside - DC - Captures the best player award for the second year running. Needs a more reliable partner next to him though.
  • (19a) Paul Quinn - MC - Continues to be ever reliable in the midfield. Not flashy but rarely plays a bad game.
  • (18f) Chris Bell - ST - There's no doubt we're more dangerous when he's fit and firing. I just don't like how much we rely on him, because he's prone to slumps.

Next Season

There's no doubt it's a discouraging slog right now, as the lack of development is pretty motivation sapping. I'd consider anything less than getting in the top half before the split next year a failure, but beyond that it's going to need some luck.

Ankara_demirspor_Logo.jpg

Season 6 - Ankara Demirspor - Turkish 2nd Tier

Current Profile - League Table - Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Season Overview

The aim for the season was to establish ourselves within the league and kick on from last years performance. The season got off to a decent start when on deadline day the chairman accepted and offer from Fernabache for our star player. He was the one real standout player who had come through so far and I have no doubt he will go onto massive things. It really annoyed me though (as you can see here :-]) as he had only played about 10 games. At least we got a 40% sell on clause in the deal.

The league progress was nice and steady and at one point it looked like we could make the top 2 places and get automatic promotion. It wasn't to be as too many draws towards the end of the season cost us but we did manage to sneak into the play-offs. Despite taking the league in the first leg it wasn't to be and we were comfortably beaten over the 2 legs. Our first choice goalkeeper was injured for both legs which definitely didn't help.

Overall though a great season. The key to building on it next season will be keeping hold of our better players, which has now been made more difficult as a few of them now have minimum release clauses. This was the only was they would sign new contracts.

Star Players

Tolga Ozturk - Another steady season for our number one. Managed to get him to sign a new contract but it has a £65k release clause in it. Would be gutting to lose him for that as we have rejected £500k bids in the past.

Emirhan Ciman - Another good season from the centre back.

Zekeriya Belcioglu - Best player for us this season. Wasn't going to be a starter until the chairman sold our best player. Still bitter yes haha!

Umit Baskoy - Carried on from last years form.

Cemal Duran - A decent season although he only managed 11 goals this season.

Yilmaz Cuskun - Played in the centre of my three strikers (new formation). Had a great break through season.

Youth Intake

Youth intake didn't have any real gems last year but the bodies will help and there is a decent keeper in there, which could prove pivotal if Tolga Ozturk does move on.

Next Season

Hopefully stay around the same places and sneak back into the play-offs. Youth facilities are also in the process of being improved .

SEASONS PROGRESS

Season     League              Pos	Top Scorer                             Av Rat	                            Achievements
2017/18    Turkish 3rd Tier    7th	Serman Karamadm - ST    - 9 goals      Ozkan Serbest       - DC   - 7.25
2018/19	   Turkish 3rd Tier    6th      Bilal Isak      - MC    - 16 goals     Bilal Isak          - MC   - 7.33      
2019/20    Turkish 3rd Tier    15th     Eren Balkan     - AML   - 7 goals      Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.10
2020/21    Turkish 3rd Tier    1st      Camel Duran     - ST    - 21 goals     Firet Seven         - AMC  - 7.40    Promoted As Champions!!
2021/22    Turkish 2nd Tier    13th     Camel Duran     - ST    - 14 goals     Hasan Tuzcu         - DL   - 7.21
2022/23    Turkish 2nd Tier    6th      Yilmaz Coskun   - AM/ST - 15 goals     Zekeriya Balcioglu  - DC   - 7.15    Play-off Semi-Final

OFF FIELD PROGRESS

Season     Finances  Stadium      Av Att    Capacity  Corporate Fac.  Training Fac.    Youth Fac.    Junior Coaching    Youth Recruitment
2017/18    £218k     TCDD Ankara  342       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Basic         Adequate           Basic
2018/19    £176k     TCDD Ankara  362       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Average            Basic
2019/20    £344k     TCDD Ankara  420       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2020/21    £600k     TCDD Ankara  606       3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Basic
2021/22    £1m       Sincan Ilce  842       8,000     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Good               Fairly Basic
2022/23    £762k     TCDD Ankara  1,088     3,975     Adequate        Basic            Poor          Excellent          Fairly Basic

@Dan BHTFC - Good to see you're still hanging in there, remarkable patience to keep going and avoiding relegation.  The finances are a killer at that level and unless a takeover or cash injection comes in then you have to hope you a nice lucrative cup tie.

@Cookie147 - Best of luck with Brora and welcome to the challenge.

@Muttley84 - some nice progress over the past few seasons, amazing how much money rolls in just by making it into Europe.  Success surely on the horizon soon.

@Shankly84 - Steady year on year improvements, keep the momentum going.

@Sanno11 - Loving the idea of "Project Tutor", will be interesting to see how it develops.

Decided to manage East Kilbride FC 

East-Kilbride-FC.jpg

East Kilbride Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. They are members of the Lowland Football League, in the fifth tier of the Scottish football league system.

Can't wait to get started first season beginning today :D

My challenge could be in some peril. After my board sold YP02a to Barca, for £6m all upfront (which was fine, huge boost to finances), we were fighting off bids for my YP00a Keeper. The issue here, is that i only have him and one other youth keeper in the squad. The youth is pretty good, and have no real qualms about starting him, but being left with 1 keeper all season is scary. 

On deadline day we accepted £1.4m over my head from West Ham, with no chance to protest. Have to pray for no keeper injury now :( 

After licking my wounds from the failure at Dalbeattie Star, I head to pastures new to try again, I head north and land in Iceland.

Knattspyrnuf%C3%A9lag_Fjallabygg%C3%B0ar

KF Fjallabyggðar - Season 1, 2017

Club Info - 1st of all, best looking club badge ever.....taping into that Norse Mythology of Thor there, I like it.  The club while founded in 2010, KF Fjallabyggðar is actually a merger of 2 teams from neighboring towns who themselves became a Municipality....I've included the wiki leak to the club as it's quite interesting to see how many teams have merged to become this team here.

Starting Squad #1, #2 - A fairly young side which with most positions covered it allows a bit of freedom in tactics.  I've settled on a 4-1-2-3 formation with the main objective of keeping possession, if I have the ball then the chance of the opposition scoring is lowered.  Produced a number of low scoring games and a fair few 0-0's so changed it slightly to push the FB's beyond the AM's and get crosses into the box.  This meant I had to retrain the role of the AM's from Wingers to Inside forwards, encourage the overlap and play a bit narrower to create the space.  This has improved things slightly and I think this is what I'll work on going forward, I'll train my youth players to fit within specfic player roles until I get enough quality to get another working tactic....a plan B so to speak.

Season Progress

Deildabikar (Results) - Knocked out in the group stages due to fact that my players match sharpness was poor.  Still this was the warmup for the league.

Borgunarbikar (Results) - Knocked out in the 3rd round to the eventual winners, so really shouldn't complain......yet felt this was for the taking.  This is a route towards the Europa Cup and while not the main aim, it's something I'm going to focus on.

1. Deild karla (Results #1/Results #2/Table) - In a 12 team league, the fact that the top 2 goes up gives a decent chance, however the fact that the bottom 2 goes down does not give much of a safety margin, especially given how tight the league was.  A good run of 3 games could see you charge up the table such as a bad run of 3 games sees you free falling down.  Thankfully I secured safety with a game or so too go and was able to relax, finishing a respectable 8th after a predicted 11th place finish.

Youth Intake & Club Development

Facilities - forgot to grab a screen shot of this before moving on, but from memory I had the lowest possible youth network with poor coaching, I managed to increase it midway through the season.  The training facilities for both the senior and youth team are below average.  Increasing this will have to wait for a while until the funds are there to improve them.

Intake - Not too shabby, and unlike last time I'm going to be more selective in who I take on.  I give contract to GK Gunnar Rúnarsson (17), D(R) Jóhann Ólason (17), M(C) Jóhann Hilmar Auðunsson (17), M(LC) Anton Örn Heimisson (17), AM(R) Hreinn Kristjánsson (17) ST(C) Guðmundur Marteinsson (17) and ST(C) Arnar Þór Guðjónsson (17).  Rúnarsson went straight onto the bench has I only had 1 keeper, both keepers are under the age of 20 also so have plenty of time to try and improve both, the others will find a chance to come into the 1st team next season as few senior players will be let go at the end of their contracts.

Finances (Commercial Summary/Overall Summary) - Make and average loss of about £7,000 - £9,000 per month despite being massively under budget, I'll do my best to keep the wage budget down but will need to get a cash injection or cup run to cover the deficit.  Put it this way, no improvements for a while.

Season 2 Aims - Ok so, a cup run in the Borgunarbikar would be nice and just develop that tactic and be specfic with the training on our youth players.  Get them training in roles which will fit my tactic and introduce them into the senior team.  Don't get the sack.

FC Lienden youth challenge

fc-lienden-vector-logo-400x400.png

Fixtures Pt. 1 | Fixtures Pt. 2 | Tactic |  My profile | Home screen | League table | Youth intake | Transfers

The league: It was harder than i expected but my really defensive tactic covered the lack of scoring from my team and allowed us to confirm survival with 3 matches to spare. so we started the season balanced getting some points and looking comfortable enough to survive finishing the first period in 11th with w3\d3\l3. by then i thought that we should continue like this and survive comfortably but i was wrong. the second period started well which encouraged my feelings about the rest of the season and we opened a small margin from the relegation spaces but we couldn't keep it up and ended the second period in 14th w2\d3\l4. The third period was a one full of draws that put us much closer to relegation  than i wanted finishing it 16th w1\d6\l2. The fourth period was solid including a very good end to the season in which we guaranteed our survival quiet comfortably as we did the job when it mattered, we finished 12th with w3\d3\l3. overall a solid first season but next year is gonna be tougher.

Youth intake:  Our youth intake was a solid one but to be honest i expected more and needed more as i didn't get reinforced where i needed and as important players are gonna leave at the end of the season we didn't gt enough quality or depth. (forgot to take pictures after i tagged them)

Gerrit Adelaar: a Ml being trained as LWB could be good and i have hopes for him

Jeoren Volkers: a RB being trained as a RWB went straight into the first team i am excited about him.

Volkan Varol: A GK could be good but Jan Schimmel had a great season so he won't get any chances soon

Notable performers: My all team but there were standouts

Leon Broekhof: had an amazing season without him our defense wouldn't be as solid and good. he is not willing to sign a contract so my defense is already missing him.

Mark Fennebeumer: Without him our poor attack would have been even poorer but he is 32 years old. at least he is continuing with us.

Jan Schimmel: had a great season at goal saving us a lot of times keeping 14 clean sheets in the league he will be continuing too.

Other notables: got an upgrade for the youth and training facilities a contract till 2019 and finances are great earning approx. 160,000 euros per month  

EDIT: Leon Broekhof agreed to discuss a new contract. and he signed a deal till 2021. he really is too good for us

Archived