FM17 Youth Academy Challenge

41 minutes ago, Raffen said:

Question: Is it now possible to do a proper San Marino Youth Academy Challenge, since they were relegated to Serie D last season?

If they are unplayable in first season yes :p But its still Itlian challenge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

If they are unplayable in first season yes :p But its still Itlian challenge

True enough ;D.

I just always want the little nations to succeed, so maybe a San Marino academy, with associated clubs from Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Andorra & Malta :D.

Shame FC Andorra is so far down the leagues atm...

8 minutes ago, Raffen said:

True enough ;D.

I just always want the little nations to succeed, so maybe a San Marino academy, with associated clubs from Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Andorra & Malta :D.

Shame FC Andorra is so far down the leagues atm...

If you want get a Juniors from other countries you should go England, Portugal or Belgium

5 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

Go Spain or Portugal  @DrPoods  

Never managed in Portugal except for a match here and there. I think Beira-Mar are down low these days aren't they?

But Spain needs a run. I think I'll start there.

Lillehammer_FK.gif.976eadec89c553d5baf29c70dfd9ebef.gif

Lillehammer
PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1

2018 Season Review

League - Table - finished in a pretty solid 9th place, although I was worried we may get relegated at some stages

Squad

Key players:

Erik Sigtbakken: probably our best player, the winger also has a Resolute personality which has been good for tutoring

Magnus Londal: a decent enough striker, we didn't score much anyway

Frikk Strand Wulff: could be good, largely played in lieu of anyone else

Youth Intake

Pleased that in Norway you get the youth intake before the season starts - tagged a few players

Ola Solstad (18a): Start | End - easily the best prospect, became our best midfielder now has a lot of interest from elsewhere in Norway.

Matthias Sorum (18b): Start | End - a decent centre back, ended up playing at left back for about half the season due to a lack of other options

Cato Landal (18c): Start | End - a good defender also, made a handful of appearances

Alf Johannes Geilo (18d): Start | End - a great right back, ended up with a few games as the season progressed

Stian Moen (18e): Start | End - decent centre back, got the occasional appearance here and there

Finances: got a £30k payment from our parent club Rosenborg to help with this

Transfers: only player signed before my arrival

On 13/12/2016 at 21:02, darren1983 said:

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL1 - Season 2028/29

Dulwich Hamlet Badge.png

League - seems strange to say when looking at the table after our 1st season at this level but I'm annoyed/frustrated with 3rd. I've not lost my marbles, let me explain. Opening day we won 5-1 and I was all optimistic, as is our style we then lost the next 4 to make me panic, we found our feet and to our shock we discovered the jump from league 2 to league 1 wasn't as big as thought. We started to pick up wins and before I knew it we were pushing for promotion. With 7 games to go we even hit top spot. This is where frustration sets in. We then lost our next 3 before picking up a win before then drawing the next 2. Last game of the season we're away to Millwall while Bristol Rovers are away to Shrewsbury. They're 1 point clear with a better GD so we needed to win & hope they dropped points. They did. A 1-1 draw while we proceeded to throw away a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3 and miss out on auto promotion. Playoffs it was for us, our opponents? Millwall of course! 2 days before the first leg we lost top scorer Angel Weaver (09B) to illness. The next day we lost his back up Courtney Hall (05C) to injury. In the away leg they had 2 shots on target - in the 3rd minute and a miss hit cross in the 92nd minute. We lost 2-0. Home leg we did get Weaver back but he wasn't really at the races and we struggled to a 1-1 draw to lose 3-1. The fat Millwall went up was no consolation. During the season I managed my 600th game though.

League Cup - We gave Championship side Fulham a good game but they were too strong.

EFL Cup - for the 5th or 6th straight year we won1 and lost 2 :D 

FA Cup - our best run ever. 4th round and away to Premiership West Ham but a near 50k attendance was what I wanted. We gave them a good game which was nice.

Transfers - usual players out that won't make it along with some loans for players needing game time.

Squad - no real change from last season

Finances - healthy, cup run really helped. I also managed another increase in our junior coaching after the West Ham game to move us up to exceptional.

Key Players

Nicky Wright (06B) - player of the season, we really miss him when he's out suspended or injured.
Ertugrul Orhurn (07A) - thought we would lose him this year as his contract was up at the end of the season and he wanted out, he removed his transfer request and I got him to sign a new deal :cool:
Angel Weaver (09B) - top score. He's my angel

Youth Intake - another solid one.

Andrew Acton (12A) - Could be the keeper we've been looking for
Jeremy Hallett (12B) - another CB. Good mental stats already
Danny Lewington (12C) - CM with good mentals
Emmanual Lawal (12D) - striker, not the best but solid starting stats

Career Overview

Season		League		Position	Achievements

2017/18		VNS		1st		Champions
2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2021/22		VNL		4th		Promotion via playoffs
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2023/24		EFL2		4th		Lost Playoff Semi Final	
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2027/28		EFL2		3rd 		Promotion!
2028/29		EFL1		3rd		Lost in Playoff Semi Final

Ok so in the past few months I've had next to no time to play FM (cheers life) and when I have I've tried a couple different saves as this one takes a certain dedication and focus I couldn't really give it, however those saves all bored me really quickly and I missed my boys from Dulwich so with some stuff sorted out and my life starting to look normal (for me anyway) I'm returning here.

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL1 - Season 2029/30

582de1dcd2b85_DulwichHamletBadge.png.ab4be1650b22e6ca1d689b30314b217e.png

League - after just missing out on promotion last season, this year was a step back. The only consistent thing about us this year was our inconsistency. Found a bit of form in the middle and actual looked like we might push for a playoff place but 12 games without a win (as our main goal scorer was missing for 10 of these) put paid to that. Hoping for better next year.

League Cup - Should have known from this game what sort of season it would be, with a loss to a league two team.

Checktrade Trophy - made it out the group for the only the 2nd time ever. Arsenal's U23 side was too good for us.

FA Cup - another first round exist to a league two side.

Transfers - obviously none in but the big loss was losing Superman when my chairman accepted a 450k bid from QPR. It's good money but he was one of our brightest prospects. No sell on either - idiot chairman :mad:

Squad - promoted a few players that did well on loan in the 1st half of the season. Our main issue is goals with only 1 player in double figures.

Finances - until the prize money came through we were over £1m in the red. Need promotion and/or cup run I think as can't kick on with training upgrades till we get money.

Key Players

Andrew Acton (12A) - best prospect we've produced (premier league potential) 1st half of the season was out on loan but progressed enough to be our 1st choice. Currently wanted by 15 clubs in prem & championship but got him on a 3 year deal with a £1.9m buyout.

Ben Nightingale (03A) - still a consistent presence at the back.

Ertugrul Orhan (07A) - a constant battle in windows to keep him, currently the best player at the club but thankfully no one sniffing around for the first time in years.

Nicky Wright (06B) - key midfielder, can play all 3 of the roles I use and chips in with a few goals

Angel Weaver (09B) - 20 goals this season despite 5 separate injuries. When he's missing we struggle real bad.

Youth Intake - not the best we've had with only 3 players tagged

Matt Logan (13A) - left sided player, could be a good wing back in the set up I have

Emmanuel Acquah (13B) - looking to mould him into our AP role

Jason Barton (13C) - decent set piece taker, decent physicals, needs work though.

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2029/30		EFL2		13th		

11 hours ago, Padders said:

Been playing this challenge for years and the game for 20 years and just got my first ever son

Very average but over the moon that I've got one#

Going straight into my team

Not very professional huh, getting your own son game time :p Just kidding man, congrats, wondering if you could get another son in if you play long enough?

Ilkeston F.C Season 14

Sky Bet Championship

65Nqm16.png                           

League Table| Squad|Transfers| Finances |Results 1| Results 2

Season overview

Another steady season in the Championship, with equaling last seasons finishing position. Before the season had even begun Sheffield Wednesday poached one of our more exciting prospects in Gary Patterson (YP29c), he was a good player and we missed his creativity. We actually started terribly and didn't pick up a win until game 6. We managed to string together 3 wins in a row, the goal scoring of Phil Marsh (YP27a) being the main difference. However, we couldn't build on this resurgence and our poor form set back in. We reached mid-December with only 5 wins and were sat in the relegation zone. There were some moments of doubt and thoughts that we just overachieved last season crept in. We scraped a couple of wins at the end of December which were really important. Heading in to January fears of losing my better players came to the surface but thankfully this season we were left alone. We our squad intact our form stayed pretty consistent and we won more than we lost. By the end of February we had almost done enough to calm any fears of relegation. Lots of draws followed, but these just kept us ticking over. We went on finish strongly notching up 4 wins in a row to finish the season in 12th position, with 2 more points than last year.

Top Performers

It wasn't a great year for individuals and I have highlighted a few better players, however in the end of season awards it was my old boys Peter and Dennis the fans voted for.

Phil Marsh (YP27a) Has become our most consistent goalscorer but still doesn't do enough for me. His potential ability has fallen to Vanarama National now, which has been a disappointment. I think he has a few years left in the first team.

Dale Key In Gary Patterson's absence there was space for a new talent to emerge. Un-tagged Dale had been hovering near the first team for a couple of years, but his poor technical attributes put me off. I gave him a run and he did really well, getting 8 goals and 8 assists (screenshot from after season).

Aaron Williamson (YP29) Originally  un-tagged, he has come on leaps and bounds and now a first team player every week. My most well rounded player and although he hasn't contributed many goals or assists we are a stronger team with him.

Youth Intake

Our first intake after our recruitment has been improved and we have received a gem. Although, overall it lacks depth, having a player of Mile's quality is amazing.

Miles Muggleton (YP31a)  A brilliant wing back and has the making of a great player. A great balance of abilities, with his jumping the only weakness. Finished the season in the first team and managed 6 assists in 10 games. If we can keep him, he will be our best player for years to come.

Christian Morton (YP31b) This lad is all potential and we will wait and see if he can develop into a good player.

Miles Bettney (YP31c) See above, although Miles has better physical stats he has a worse personality and so may find himself lower in the food chain.

Project Tutor: The Ash Benfield Story

Forgot the screenshot, but he hasn't changed for years now, so nothing to see.

This season Ash finally began tutoring, it has been a long 6-7 year wait for this but we got there. His finished student was Liam Wilkins (YP30b), it was a successful pairing and Liam now has a professional personality.

Club Overview

We have now moved back into our stadium again and had in expanded to its maximum capacity of 8748. This is about our average attendance for the season using Nottingham Forest's ground and should provide enough income to balance out our wage bill. Both youth and training facilities have been upgraded. The training facilities are being upgraded again (not enough money for both).

After the end of season 5 million you receive in the Championship our finances look very healthy and this will be spent on a youth training increase for next year and improving our youth level, which has remained at 4 for years.

Season summary

The wobbly start left me a little concerned but a strong finish allows me to look forward with some confidence. We are not ready for the premiership, we are barely ready for the Championship. The amount of money and talent these teams have is silly and so another season of consolidation will do me nicely.

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 13 – 2029/2030

Squad // League Table (16th) // Transfers

Relegation battle with a board who is sabotaging us (and seems to be bribed by some french men)

The second season is the hardest and that was the case. We just finished above the relegation zone. One reason for the relegation battle was our leaky defense. We conceded 77 goals, more than anyone in the league – one of the reasons: our board was sabotaging us...

Our goalkeeper Diogo Pinho (YP10a) was by far our best player, the only player who has really the stats to compete in this league, but since I am using past tense you already know it: He's not our player anymore. Again our board sold a player over our head, this time our big life insurance and the thing which drove me mad, was how they sold him...

We got offers every day for him during the summer. Since he has still a lot of potential, could become world class and had a contract for a few years, I declined everything. Than my board accepted an offer from Olympiqe Lyon. Luckily I could protest, because accepting this offer was outrageous. We had offers around 5 million Euros, they accepted one for 1.5 million.

And in winter: the same happened. I declined offers around 5 million, and then came Lyon: again my board accepted immediately – for 2.2 million. This time I had no chance to protest. So I thought, okay I try to get at least some more money. Offered him out for 5 million, got a lof of offers immediately, accepted them, but still he moved to Lyon. I am so pissed, lost this great player and didn't get even the money he's worth. Since my board only accepted the offer from Lyon, they must be bribed.

It will be interesting if he has a career somewhere else. Until yet, not one (!) of my youth players who has left the club established himself on a level even as high as we are playing. That's says a lot about our youth work...

The Youth Intake: Not sure if the new intake will change something, there are only 2 players I want to highlight here..

- Jorge Rodrigues (YP13a): A right footed player for the left wing, that's something I like and it's a position we have several players, but no one who can really establish himself. Maybe he will be our man for the future. But his mental and his technical stats must improve a lot before...

- Aníbal Rente (YP13b): One more central mid, but I will use and train him as an attacking mid, hope his passing and decisions make him a good player in this position

Next season is all about survival again. Our team is only slowly improving, we are still not at the standard from most teams of the league, but there are again 4 or 5 other teams which are not that good. 2 of them we must leave behind us

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad
2028/2029 Liga NOS 11th 5th Rnd - - Squad
2029/2030 Liga NOS 16th 3rd Rnd Semi Final - Squad

@Padders living the real dream of this challenge with getting a son. Been playing FM (since the old CM days) and have never got a son.

@Sanno11 another cracking season there. Really like the look of Miles, would be perfect in my system. I'm very jealous. Now you're in the championship how's your facilities looking?

@Kazushi80 I feel your pain with losing a player, mine wasn't at that level but still annoying. Fear the same is going to happen with my current GK, loads of clubs sniffing around but have managed to fend them off for now. Think I'll have to sell in the summer though :( 

3 hours ago, Sanno11 said:

@Kazushi80 After two years in the top flight, how are your club's finances and facilities?

Very good. Here's the screenshots. Training facilites will be improved at the end of the season again, and i hope i can improve the youth facilites, too (can't ask at the moment).

And the finances are splendid, too. TV money is really helping and there are some good sponsorship deals, too. So we are making a nice profit every season at the moment. but didn't hear anything about the plans for the new stadium, yet, so don't know how that will change things...

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL 1 - Season 2030/31

League - a nearly season, started off with lots of draws, we then found our form and eventually challenged for promotion, got up to 2nd in the table before an injury to striker Weaver caused a run of poor form that had us slide down the table and finishing 8th.

EFL Cup - a nice little run, including beating West Ham (now a championship club) away before a poor performance at Oxford 

EFL Trophy - a good run saw us all the way to the final where we failed to turn up

FA Cup - we were shocking in both games

Transfers - no one in and only released players or those I sent on loan

Squad - shaping up  nicely, need a better left winger and a better striker or back up one for Weaver

Finances - the run to wembley and end of season payout meant we're in the black for a little while at least,

Key Players

Angel Weaver (09B) - 21 league goals, his 2 month injury hurt us. tends to score in batches but still best we have

Andrew Acton (12A)  - getting better, turned down bids approaching 1m but fear I'll have to sell him this summer. If I get 1.5m+ offer he'll be off

Ashley Egan (11C) - his breakthrough season for us, can play a couple of roles for us

Kevin Graham (11B) - poor technical skills but his physical ones make up for that, another with a breakthrough season

Youth Intake - not the best one with only 3 tagged. Some good personalities though so players might develop.

Romario Greaves (14A) - right winger with decent physical and mental stats

Joe Herbert (14B) - hoping he will be a decent back up striker 

Kane Gold (14C) - another option for the striker role

Career Overview 

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C.

Season 14 – 2030/2031

Squad // League Table (14th) // Transfers

A new board is in town and new stadium will be build

On The Pitch

It was an eventful season, and that is a good thing. We stayed clear of the relegation zone. A really big achievement is our new found goalscoring ability. After only 36 goals in the season before, we scored 54 this year in the league. Now we must improve our defensive approach, but even here we were better (“only” 62 compared to 77 goals against us).

It doesn't speak exactly for my ability to build young stars, that it took us until the year 2031, but we have our first senior national player. Okay, Quelode Cá (YP 09d) played only one time for Guinea-Bissau and since his senior debut he is only part of their youth teams and I am not sure that he will become more than a rotation / backup player for us, but still, it's an achievement.

One thing to mention: Braga won the league (after a 2nd place in the year before) and is the first club since 2001 (!) outside the big 3 (Porto, Benfica, Sporting) winning the league. Their new bulgarian manager works wonders...

Key Players

- João Lobato (YP07g): the by far best player last season. A offensive threat from both wings - a new record for best average rating was the result, but to be fair: in our promotion season to the Liga NOS he had more goals and assists and a slightly higher average rating in the league

- Pedro Conchinha (YP10b): Second season as a first team player, great tackling machine in the central mid and a good free kick taker. Scored some wonderful ones from distance

- Oscar Andreani (YP12b): Our new goalkeeper, not as good as Diogo Pinho (YP10a), who btw. played a sensational season for the reserve team of Olympique Lyon, but he is our new number 1 for many years (I hope). He's not good enough for this division, yet, but he'll get there. I hope he stays that long. He has 2 more years on his contract. I normally would extend that, but his agent wants a release clause.

- José Conchinha (YP 09a): After years in the shadow of Marius Toader (YP01g) he finally became our number 1 striker. 12 goals in 28 league games are not that great, but he's improving and I hope he will score more in the future.

Off The Pitch

We've a new board. Our owner since the beginning of the save (you remember: the guy who sold a lot of players against our will) stepped down, so let's see, what the new guy in charge will do. His first decision was not that promising: he severed the ties to our two senior affiliates. Not that I need them, since we don't loan players, but the 250k (with friendlies) income a year was a nice bonus.

But the board holds on to the plan to build a stadium, even better: they are building it. 2033 our club has a new home (and more than 4.000 people can watch us play). Of course, the club needed to take another loan, so let's see how that plays out. Regarding to my calculation instead of around 30 – 50k income per month, we'll lose over 150k a month now. That is a lot of money and could give us problems, especially since training and youth facilites are upgraded at the moment (will be finished 2032) and I don't know what the maintenance for them will cost (and they will take most of the money in our bank).

And a legend is gone. Luis Paulino (YP01a), the first ever youth player, who we produced and made a game for us, was simply not good enough anymore since a few years. I kept him around as a backup for the backup, but it was time to part ways. Except for one year with a nasty 7 months injury, he was the first choice left back / left wing back all through our long stay in the third division. With promotion to the 2nd tier of portugese football, he lost his place in the first team and since promotion the first division he was a better mascot.

Player Progress
Player Pos. Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat
Luis Paulino (YP01a)
D (L)
Intake - 2018 2018/2019 2019/2020 2020/2021 2021/2022 2022/2023 2023/2024 2024/2025 2025/2026 2026/2027
7 1 7,01 29 1 7,16 27 1 7,05 30 0 6,88 10 1 7,02 31 1 7,13 29 1 7,27 32 1 7,22 10 0 6,6 7 0 6,93
2027/2028 2028/2029 2029/2030 2030/2031                                
10 0 6,78 2 0 6,55 3 0 6,47 - - -                                    

The Youth Intake:

Wow, a really big bunch of talented players, again mostly in the positions we already have a lot of alternatives. A striker and a left back are the positions I still need the most since we've not that much squad depth up front and I fear my left back will leave me in the next few years.

- Rui Bolas (YP14a): Another central mid, with his sensational passing maybe an attacking mid. Need to get his determination up...

- Pedro Ferreira (YP14b): A talented guy for the left side, not sure what i'll do with him, yet, since I don't play a left mid at the moment, he's defensive not good enough to become left back and on the wings I prefer inside forwards to wingers at the moment.

- Marcelo Fernando (YP14c): an new big central defender with good jumping reach. Will he become the replacement for the legend Elson Nunes? He will work with him, so we get rid of his low determination.

- Hélder Neves (YP14d): A fast right back, who can play in center mid, too. Not the positions we really need players, but he's good

- Silvino Borges (YP14e): forgot to make a screenshot at the intake, so here's one at the end of the season. Another fast right back and his crossing is already going up. I like!

- Antero Esteves (YP14f): Can play all positions in the attacking mid line, but don't know if he will ever become a regular player there. Especially his poor passing could stay in the way of that...

For next season I expect another relegation battle, but hope that it will be similar uneventful.

Through The Seasons  
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad Miscellaneous
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad National B Licence
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Average Junior Coaching
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Continental B Licence
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Good Junior Coaching
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Continental A Licence
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Excellent Junior Coaching / Continental Pro Licence
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Exceptional Junior Coaching
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad -
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad Professional Club / Average Training Facilites (Downgrade)
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad Good Training Facilites
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad -
2028/2029 Liga NOS 11th 5th Rnd - (bug) - Squad Average Youth Facilites (Downgrade) / Stadium expansion from 1.500 to 4.000
2029/2030 Liga NOS 16th 3rd Rnd Semi Final - Squad Impressive Training Facilites / Average Youth Recruitment
2030/2031 Liga NOS 14th 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad Good Youth Facilites

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 26

2042/2043

League Table | Transfers | Player Stats

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

After three months away from the game I'm back with renewed motivation. We had a remarkable league season, a lone draw kept us from winning every single game this year.

Cup runs

We lost in the semi-final of both cups to Airbus UK. They were also the team that got the draw against us in the league, so we definately need to avenge these results next year!

Champions League

We easily qualified for the CL, and were rewarded with a pretty tough draw. Atletico Madrid, Man Utd and Shakhtar were our opponents.

The group stage started in incredible fashion as we won 0-1 at Old Trafford before beating Atletico 2-1 at home, thanks to two late Jordan Jones 22B goals. We followed this amazing start with losing back-to-back games against Shakhtar, both 1-0. We then were able to beat Man Utd 1-0 at home, but the other results meant that we had to secure a point away to Atletico in the last match to advance.

We fell behind early, but fought bravely. And for the second year in a row we snatched the all important equaliser in overtime of the last game of the groupstage, to see us through to the knockout-stages! Jordan Jones 22B was our hero, equalising in the 91st minute! That goal lifted us from 3rd to 1st in the group, and meant we got a nice draw for the knockout game, Fenerbache!

We won 3-0 in Turkey, and i was over the moon. We totally outplayed them, and showed incredible class. The home game was surely a formality now...

Between the knockout-games we had an insane injury crisis. When the home game came, 8 of the players starting the first game were either out injured or suspended. However many injuries we had, I still felt quite confident being 3-0 up from the first game. Devestation ensued, and after 120 minutes the score was 0-3 Fenerbache and the game went to penalty shoot-out. We scored only one penalty, and crashed out of the Champions League in heartbreaking fashion. One of the toughest blows I've sustained in quite some time:seagull:

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

Blah. Nothing good here, from the looks of it. Will be very surprised if any of this lot make it here.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 83 Goals. 4 this season, 0 free kicks. Closing in on 100 goals, pretty nice!

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

• Huw Price 4A - 447 goals in 669 games. The legend has retired.
  • Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Is currently playing week-in and week out for the elevator team that is Burnley.
  • Matthew Rees 18A - Club: 349 goals in 338 games. 27 goals in  36 games this season. International: 12 Goals in 37 caps. 2 goal in 5 caps this year.       Total:  361 Goals

Not his best season, Jordan Jones 22B and Andy Jones 23C seem to have surpassed him as our best strikers.

Semi-Interesting stuff

We have produced 97 players for the Welsh Premier League. Decent stuff.

12 hours ago, MCPlay said:

Bilderesultat for county haverfordwest

Season 26

2042/2043

League Table | Transfers | Player Stats

Dafabet Welsh Premier League

After three months away from the game I'm back with renewed motivation. We had a remarkable league season, a lone draw kept us from winning every single game this year.

Cup runs

We lost in the semi-final of both cups to Airbus UK. They were also the team that got the draw against us in the league, so we definately need to avenge these results next year!

Champions League

We easily qualified for the CL, and were rewarded with a pretty tough draw. Atletico Madrid, Man Utd and Shakhtar were our opponents.

The group stage started in incredible fashion as we won 0-1 at Old Trafford before beating Atletico 2-1 at home, thanks to two late Jordan Jones 22B goals. We followed this amazing start with losing back-to-back games against Shakhtar, both 1-0. We then were able to beat Man Utd 1-0 at home, but the other results meant that we had to secure a point away to Atletico in the last match to advance.

We fell behind early, but fought bravely. And for the second year in a row we snatched the all important equaliser in overtime of the last game of the groupstage, to see us through to the knockout-stages! Jordan Jones 22B was our hero, equalising in the 91st minute! That goal lifted us from 3rd to 1st in the group, and meant we got a nice draw for the knockout game, Fenerbache!

We won 3-0 in Turkey, and i was over the moon. We totally outplayed them, and showed incredible class. The home game was surely a formality now...

Between the knockout-games we had an insane injury crisis. When the home game came, 8 of the players starting the first game were either out injured or suspended. However many injuries we had, I still felt quite confident being 3-0 up from the first game. Devestation ensued, and after 120 minutes the score was 0-3 Fenerbache and the game went to penalty shoot-out. We scored only one penalty, and crashed out of the Champions League in heartbreaking fashion. One of the toughest blows I've sustained in quite some time:seagull:

Youth Setup:

Youth Intake

Blah. Nothing good here, from the looks of it. Will be very surprised if any of this lot make it here.

Big Fat Goalie Challenge:

Dave Owen 14B - 83 Goals. 4 this season, 0 free kicks. Closing in on 100 goals, pretty nice!

Danny Roberts Challenge

The aim in this Challenge is to get a player to score 1000 goals during his career, national team goals count.

Most goals:

• Huw Price 4A - 447 goals in 669 games. The legend has retired.
  • Jacob Davies 10D - 391 goals in 354 games. Has left the club, so wont add to this. Is currently playing week-in and week out for the elevator team that is Burnley.
  • Matthew Rees 18A - Club: 349 goals in 338 games. 27 goals in  36 games this season. International: 12 Goals in 37 caps. 2 goal in 5 caps this year.       Total:  361 Goals

Not his best season, Jordan Jones 22B and Andy Jones 23C seem to have surpassed him as our best strikers.

Semi-Interesting stuff

We have produced 97 players for the Welsh Premier League. Decent stuff.

I've been waiting for an update for months. Where did you go pal?

15 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

I've been waiting for an update for months. Where did you go pal?

Life happens:rolleyes: School, training and vacation etc. stealing time from the only really important thing in life, FM :D

Been giving this ago with Brora in Scotland, things went a lot better than expected...

League Table

Star Player

Best Youth Prospect  (shame I don't play wingers!)

Manager Profile - They have finally let me take the first coaching badge right at the end of the season

Transfers - Both made before I got here.

We also reached the semi final of the Petrofac Cup before losing to Falkirk.

17 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Typical, we find some form, get in the promotion battle and we lose 5 first teamer's to injury for a minimum of 2 months :( 

I feel your pain mate, I keep losing key players at the wrong time as well. I lost two key players in the playoff semi last season. Luckily i still made it through.

Dulwich Hamlet - EFL1 - Season 2031/32

League - what a season. A inconsistent first 3rd of the season before an injury crisis left us in around 13th spot at Christmas time, then a run of 7 straight wins (also without conceding in this time) as players came back saw us shoot back up the table, approaching the final 4 games we had a shot, 2 wins and a draw saw us go into the final game needing a win to secure promotion, it was also my 800th game in charge. Couldn't have asked for better. Championship here we come.

League Cup - fell at the first hurdle to league 2 side.

EFL Trophy - runners up last year but most games came during our injury crisis so wasn't bothered about losing so early

FA Cup - our best run yet. Beat Premier League side Stoke away, championship side Bournemouth at home before a cruel defeat to anther Championship club ended our run

Transfers - sale of Andrew Acton (12A) was the big loss, saddens me that he's just sat in Sunderlands U23 squad :(

Squad - these players are at best a league two side so have no idea how we went up or how we'll do next year

Finances - awful, even after selling a player for nearly £2m we still inly made 150k profit this year

Key Players

Gary Carney - LB that came through 4 season's ago and wasn't tagged as didn't look anything special, got a chance due to injuries 3 seasons back and hasn't looked back, nearly 100 games already for us

Matt Logan (13A) - has made the left wing spot his this year, goals and assists from my version of Bale. Partnership down the left with Carney is wonderful to watch at times

Kevin Graham (11B) - our own Frank Lampard, loves a shot from outside the box, 11 goals this year.

Vangelis Bosganas (01A) - special mention for this guy, came through in my first intake, made his debut that season and has played 590 league games for me and just had his best season to date.

Youth Intake - a better one this time with some forwards that are needed as we tend to produce poor ones

Duncan Crudelli (15A) - striker, already rated as 3rd best in the whole club. High hopes for him.

Dan Leader (15B) - another one, slightly different forward to Crudelli but another I have hopes for

Uche Idowu (15C) - right winger that needs some work

David Morris (15D) - left back that needs work but could be a good squad option

Will Lloyd (15E) - a GK, another that needs work but he's better than most of our other ones so will get the chance to improve.

Career Overview

2018/19		VNL		7th		
2019/20		VNL		14th 
2020/21		VNL		15th
2022/23		EFL2		22nd 
2024/25		EFL2		22nd 	
2025/26		EFL2		19th 		
2026/27		EFL2		9th		
2029/30		EFL1		13th		
2030/31		EFL1		8th		EFL trophy runner up
2031/32		EFL1		2nd		Promotion

1 hour ago, darren1983 said:

@The Art of Drowning congrats on promotion first season. Scotland looks a real slugfest to get anywhere in.

@Gareth Winter I let a lot of fringe players go this summer and it almost came back to bite me.

Thanks

Already in my 2nd season, thought that league one wouldn't be a much different standard.  Looks like I'm wrong atm :(

34 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

Congratulations @darren1983 great season. Good luck in the Championship. Love that Bosganas is still a big part of your squad. He must be near 700 appearances including cup games. I have a couple getting towards 500, but none from the first intake anymore.

Yeah before last season I was beginning to phase him out as he's really only a national league player at best, but he had a great season last year and just suits my tactics brilliantly. According to the all time XI he's 658 appearances. My right back came through my second intake and has 490 league games (547 including cup games) 

Yi2H6Ua.png

Eléctrico F.C. - Season 15 – 2031/2032

Squad // League Table (10th) // Transfers

Without goals, you can't go to Europe

On The Pitch

10th place and 20 points behind 5th, what's he talking about Europe in the headline, you're thinking maybe? But we had a realistic chance. One of the big 3 clubs wins the cup nearly every year (against one of the other 2 in the finals), so 6th place qualifies for Europe most of the years and I hoped to get that 6th place. We were 3 to 6 points lurking behind that place nearly the whole season. At the end we dropped. Lost 5 of the last 7 games (btw: and Cova da Piedade won the cup, so 6h place wouldn't have been good enough and all my hoping before was for nothing). And to be fair: We were so bad, we didn't deserve anything above the position we finished in.

Nevertheless is 10th place the best position in the club history and that after a season I was not really happy with my players. We were so bad in offense, scored 10 goals less as in the year before and that only because we had three games were we scored 5 goals – without them it would haven even been worse. We created chances, but we couldn't score. José Conchinha (YP 09a) scored only 7 goals, squandered chances and was back to his bad old form. Youngster Julio Santos (YP12x), who I only took in at the year of his intake because of his determination, was so the best goalscorer. After he scored like mad in a few friendlies, I gave him one day a chance on the bench. As a substitute he immediately scored 2 goals. The problem with him: as a starter he was crap, always. Only as a substitute he made an impact.

Key Players

- João Lobato (YP07g): The only regular player with an average rating above 7, what illustrates how bad the team was.

- Elson Nunes: The man who could nearly reach the moon. Close to 2 meters big, great Jumping Reach (was even 17 in the years before) and one of 2 players left at the club who are longer here than me. Before the season I thought again, his time as a starter is over. We had so many youngsters in his position over time with better technical abilites, but at the end he plays. In the earlier years big clubs snatched his rivals up, this year the younger players made too many mistakes, so he was back in the starting 11 after the first games of the season and was solid the whole time.

Off The Pitch

I experience a little bit of problems with contract negotiations. I can only offer 2 year deals maximum since the new board took over. At the beginning of the season 2032/2033 I've even the problem I can offer some players only a contract until the end of the year, so I can't extend it really for next season or longer (only with the use of extension clause), but I will both (extend the contract and an extension clause).

Don't know if it's because of our financial situation. Since we took a big loan for the new stadium, our finances are now listed as “insecure”, which is ********. We've over 3 million in the bank. Okay, we loose money every month (about 100 to 200k), but that's no problem, because with prize, tv and sponsorship money we will make a profit of around 2 million euros over the whole season.

Another thing. Before the beginning of the season it was time to say goodbye to Marius Toader (YP01g), the best goalscorer in our club history. It was a difficult decision (and in retrospect maybe I should have kept him with our problems upfront), but his attributes are so far from the level of this league and since he didn't perform the last 2 season... Btw: with him leaving we've no more players from the first and the second youth intake in our squad (we've on player from the 3rd, who never plays and is only as a tutor here)

Player Progress
Player Pos. Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat Ga Go Rat

Marius Toader (YP01g)
ST (C)
2018/2019 2019/2020 2020/2021 2021/2022 2022/2023 2023/2024 2024/2025 2025/2026 2026/2027
6 1 7,23 16 3 6,65 20 0 6,75 32 22 7,09 31 19 7,16 32 14 6,89 15 2 6,68 15 9 6,99 32 21 7,04
2026/2027 2027/2028 2028/2029 2029/2030 2030/2031                              
32 21 7,04 31 15 7,05 31 12 6,7 28 5 6,71 10 2 6,74                              

The Youth Intake:

A ambivalent intake. Not many useful players, but finally: a striker, who could be a solution at our problem position – not only long term, but even short term (and after years lacking in this department, another striker, but he's ambivalent, too)

- Pedro Ribeiro (YP15a): We needed a striker so badly, and here's the first one. He must improve in the key stats, but he will get his chances in the first team next season.

- Arlindo Leitao (YP15b): Another striker, but I am not sure how i'll use him. My assistants believes he's best suited as a defensive forward, a role I never tried out, yet. And as a lone striker and main goalscorer he's lacking in key attributes. And for a attacking mid role his technicals are too bad...

- Alberto Vaz (YP15c): this years central mid, but don't know what I should do with him yet, his attributes are not that good spread.

Next season I want a top half finish. I know that's a high aim, but the team played badly and finished 10th last year. So I am optimistic that Top-9 is possible and I will change one thing for that. After years with the same formation (4-2-3-1) in 3 different variations and only small tactical changes (instructions, player roles) from season to season, i'll change my formation. As regular readers know I got a lot of talented central mids in the last years and I had always the problem to leave at least one good of them on the bench. The three attacking mids are on the other side another problem. I've too many mediocre players in this position, which I keep since years, because I needed backup. And the ones that played, delivered not enough goals. So my thinking is, I change to 3 central mids which should help the defense and on the other side give the two remaining attacking mids a little bit more freedom (and maybe help them scoring more goals since our strikers are not doing that enough). I experimented in pre-season and have a few variations of that tactic which worked and proved successful in the first 3 games of the season. For the long term goal champions league I've bad news. Since teams like Sporting Lisbon are snapping world class players for free on regular basis, the gap to the top clubs is getting bigger...

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Taça de Portugal Taça da Liga Europe Squad Miscellaneous
2017/2018 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 4th R 3rd Rnd - - Squad National B Licence
2018/2019 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 8th P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Average Junior Coaching
2019/2020 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 5th / 2nd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Continental B Licence
2020/2021 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 9th / 3rd R 2nd Rnd - - Squad Good Junior Coaching
2021/2022 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 6th / 2nd R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Continental A Licence
2022/2023 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 3rd / 1st R 3rd Rnd - - Squad Excellent Junior Coaching / Continental Pro Licence
2023/2024 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 3rd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad Exceptional Junior Coaching
2024/2025 Campeonato de Portugal Prio 1st / 2nd P 2nd Rnd - - Squad -
2025/2026 Ledman LigaPro 8th 2nd Rnd 2nd Phase - Squad Professional Club / Average Training Facilites (Downgrade)
2026/2027 Ledman LigaPro 4th 3rd Rnd 1st Phase - Squad Good Training Facilites
2027/2028 Ledman LigaPro 2nd 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad -
2028/2029 Liga NOS 11th 5th Rnd - (bug) - Squad Average Youth Facilites (Downgrade) / Stadium expansion from 1.500 to 4.000
2029/2030 Liga NOS 16th 3rd Rnd Semi Final - Squad Impressive Training Facilites / Average Youth Recruitment
2030/2031 Liga NOS 14th 4th Rnd Group Stage (2nd) - Squad Good Youth Facilites
2031/2032 Liga NOS 10th 5th Rnd Group Stage (3rd) - Squad  

Reading through this it looks an interesting challenge - decided to give it a bash in Greece as I've never managed there before - I think the 1st year could be tricky as I only have 19 players in total!

It feels really strange not being active in the transfer market.

@darren1983 Im also playing with Dulwich only in FM 16, got a long long way to go to get where you are. Is there much difference between 17 and 16, im not talking about new features and all that crap they keep adding, i mean in the actual fun of playing in regards to this challenge? What i do like is this right here; posting and checking everyone's progress. Do you guys mind if i would post here with the 16 version? I know there is a thread for 2016 but nobody posted since november... 

11 hours ago, baye said:

@darren1983 Im also playing with Dulwich only in FM 16, got a long long way to go to get where you are. Is there much difference between 17 and 16, im not talking about new features and all that crap they keep adding, i mean in the actual fun of playing in regards to this challenge? What i do like is this right here; posting and checking everyone's progress. Do you guys mind if i would post here with the 16 version? I know there is a thread for 2016 but nobody posted since november... 

I prefer 17 to 16 and have played it much much more but that is probably due to me really enjoying this save, I never really got into a save on 16 (think my longest save was 6 or 7 seasons) I wouldn't say there's too much difference between the games though other than the new match engine being better but then again that might be just because I'm enjoying this more.

Archived