dafuge on tour again

dafuge

The 'Arry Redknapp effect in full flow then.

But seriously though, how in the world did you keep that lot up last season considering their board likes to keep cutting your wage budget all the time?:eek:

The wage budget was cut after I had done all my spending, so it didn't really affect me in terms of squad building.

It has come back to haunt me though, Hartlepool brought it up in the interview and I stupidly promised to keep the wages under control this season.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartlepool United - Vanarama National League - 2020/21

I left Concord in the hope of finding a bigger club in the same division, Hartlepool looked like the ideal club. Turns out I was wrong!

League Table - we dropped five places during my time in charge.

FA Trophy - the loss to Grimsby really put the pressure on me.

FA Cup - a narrow loss to League 2 York.

Squad - the squad had a few decent players, but badly lacked attacking options.

Transfers - I only made four signings, I really should have prioritised a striker.

Finances - 'okay' is about all I can show here, although we were in a small amount of debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Andy Mason - top scorer as the only recognised striker when I joined.

Aaron Montgomery - a decent young defender.

Joe Lumley - a great goalie, but he wanted to leave.

Corey Francis - another decent player who wanted to leave.

Bassou Boulghlalgh - a signing that had great promise but failed to deliver.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January

Next Season

Back to the job centre!

Keep going, victory is going to taste sweet in the end. If it's any consolation, this career is very fun to read while I'm waiting for a particular expansion to release.

Mourinho having a rough patch and Dafuge at the same time. Coincidence? I don't think so.

By the way, a transcript from your interview with Scunthorpe has leaked to the press:

Now I know,

I made mistakes,

Think I don't care,

But you don't realise what this means to me,

So let me have,

Just one more chance,

I'm not the man I used to be,

Used to beeeeeeeeeee

just kidding ofcourse. ;)

Dafuge struggling! Now I've seen everything.

On a side note, I've noticed in my Vanarama N/S save I'm getting a lot of offers from various clubs even though I haven't done much at my current club. I don't remember it being that way on FM15. It certainly makes a journeyman saves less frustrating.

Scunthorpe United - Vanarama National League - 2020/21

After the failure at Hartlepool I was given a great opportunity to redeem myself with The Irons.

League Table - the board wanted to make the playoffs, hopefully they will be happy with this.

FA Trophy - this happened before I joined.

FA Cup - as did this.

Squad - a few decent players, but plenty of gaps to be filled.

Transfers - I didn't have much of a chance to sign players, but I made sure I got a new striker.

Finances - the board injected £170k which helped.

Key Player Profiles:

Max Hazeldine - top scorer.

Adriano Grimaldi - the man I signed to score the goals.

Conor Thomas - a great midfielder, although he's still unhappy about the relegation.

Jack Dyche - played out of position, but looks like a great full back.

Fankaty Dabo - my other signing, a decent full back.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March

Next Season

Hopefully in the summer I'll be able to sign a few new players and build a squad of my own to really challenge for promotion.

Scunthorpe United - Vanarama National League - 2021/22

After managing to see out the remainder of the season without being sacked, I was looking forward to building a squad of my own for the new season.

League Table - we ran away with it. Elsewhere, Concord finished bottom of the conference south.

FA Trophy - Gateshead made sure we had no cup run here.

FA Cup - Gateshead knocking us out again.

Squad - these players were far too good for this league.

Transfers - a number of free transfers, may of which played a key part in our success.

Finances - this was with a £300k transfer clause sold, so we could be in trouble soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Callum Saunders - the new signing became our top scorer.

Adriano Grimaldi - he played the supporting role.

Samuel Sashoua - another impressive new signing.

Axel Andrésson - a solid defender.

Dario Kovacev - signed late in the season, hopefully he'll make an impact next season.

Career Overview

2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions

Next Season

I feel like the squad is good enough for League 2 already, so with a few signings we could be in for another good season.

Have you found out how not to have attributes highlighted by default in the player screen?

Weirdly, I have just experienced this problem at Scunthorpe.

Deleting the cache fixed it.

Here's the folder that needs deleting: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\Caches

Weirdly, I have just experienced this problem at Scunthorpe.

Deleting the cache fixed it.

Here's the folder that needs deleting: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\Caches

Thanks. It disappeared for me after a while :D some weird bug

Some ridiculously good players to have in the Conference. I'd expect another promotion straight away.

The squad I had last season was good enough to compete in League 2. I've only been able to sign three new players but I'm still hopeful of making the playoffs at least.

3PhD8L9.png

This wasn't in the plan, but with the financial situation at Scunthorpe I was tempted by a bigger club in the same division.

Club

Facilities

Finances

Squad

League Table

The financial situation looks even worse than Scunthorpe, but this was my first chance to manage a big club. It may well be difficult watching Scunthorpe get promoted while we miss out, but I'm excited to get a chance at a club like Birmingham.

Archived