dafuge on tour again

dafuge

Hi dafuge, any chance you could post links to your previous long term saves / challenges please? I did see them in a post a few weeks ago, but I've been through pages and pages but I couldn't find them again.

Thanks.

Dartford F.C. - Light at the End of the Tunnel

Freedom for Tooting & Mitcham!

dafuge on tour

From Young Men to World Beaters

Wingate & Finchley F.C. - making Harry Abrahams proud

Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

Canvey Island - the Rise of the Yellow Army

Those are my recent saves, the challenges can be found in the CSE forum.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to play that quickly. But that was while I was at school and before I entered the big bad adult world. :D

I was the opposite, I've played far more hours since settling down into adult life. I'm still at a school though, so I get the benefits of the holidays.

AS Monaco - Ligue 1- 2038/39

I left Dutch champions PSV in favour of a challenge in France and that came in the form of Monaco. The club were in 10th and badly in need of money.

League Table - we nearly snatched second, but third is just as good as it qualifies us for the Champions League group stage.

Coupe de la Ligue - this was before I took the job.

Coupe de France - I had a couple of wins before losing on penalties.

UEFA Europa League - we had a pretty good season that was ruined by one awful performance in Liege.

Squad - the squad has some great attacking players, but the defence needs strengthening.

Transfers - I sold a few players, but couldn't afford to sign anyone.

Finances - Champions League football might just save us.

Key Player Profiles:

Gökhan Budak - our best player, I can't wait to see how many he scores next season.

Pascal Samson - a decent winger.

Dan Oprea - another decent winger.

Nicolas Aiana - a winger who did well in the AMC position.

José Luis Vegar - the supporting striker.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over in December
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions
2022/23    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 2                  4th            Took over in March, promoted via playoffs
2023/24    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 1                  2nd            Promoted
2024/25    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              19th          
2025/26    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              16th
2026/27    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              8th
2027/28    Freamunde            Portugal   Segunda Liga                      3rd            Promoted
2028/29    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          5th            Took over in January
2029/30    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          6th           
2030/31    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          4th            Taça da Liga winners
2031/32    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          3rd            Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal finalists
2032/33    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          1st            Taça da Liga finalists
2033/34    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    6th            Took over in November
2034/35    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    1st            Promoted as champions
2035/36    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        2nd            Took over in December
2036/37    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st           
2037/38    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st            KNVB Beker winners
2038/39    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           3rd            Took over in January

Next Season

Second place looks like a realistic target for next season, but we stand a chance of challenging PSG once we have the finances in check.

Wow, pretty good league performance after your takeover!

One question: What determines who is your main striker and who is your supporting striker?

I play a poacher and a deep lying forward, so I usually pick them on their suitability for the roles.

If I have two similar strikers, then the 'better' one tends to play as the poacher.

AS Monaco - Ligue 1- 2039/40

I had a successful half season last year, so I was hopeful of improving on that with my first full season at the club.

League Table - this was a decent finish, although it could have been better had we not thrown away so many points to lesser teams. Relegating Lyon on the final day was one of the highlights.

Coupe de la Ligue - we lost our only game.

Coupe de France - another poor cup run.

UEFA Champions League - we failed to get out of the group thanks to two terrible results to Shakhtar, but it resulted in my first European trophy as we lifted the Europa League.

Squad - the first team squad is small, but we have some great youngsters in the under 19s.

Transfers - I was very active in the transfer market, but should have paid closer attention to the foreigners rules. I quickly used up my three spots meaning I can now only sign EU players.

Finances - the finances seem to be improving, especially with the Champions League TV money yet to come in.

Key Player Profiles:

Gökhan Budak - he started slowly, but finished with an amazing goal tally.

José Luis Vegar - the supporting striker also had a great season.

Dan Oprea - another vital player who was already at the club.

Quentin Baert - a bargain at £11.75m.

Pereira - took time to find his form, but he has a bright future.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over in December
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions
2022/23    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 2                  4th            Took over in March, promoted via playoffs
2023/24    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 1                  2nd            Promoted
2024/25    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              19th          
2025/26    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              16th
2026/27    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              8th
2027/28    Freamunde            Portugal   Segunda Liga                      3rd            Promoted
2028/29    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          5th            Took over in January
2029/30    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          6th           
2030/31    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          4th            Taça da Liga winners
2031/32    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          3rd            Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal finalists
2032/33    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          1st            Taça da Liga finalists
2033/34    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    6th            Took over in November
2034/35    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    1st            Promoted as champions
2035/36    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        2nd            Took over in December
2036/37    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st           
2037/38    PSV                  Holland    Eredivisie                        1st            KNVB Beker winners
2038/39    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           3rd            Took over in January
2039/40    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Europa League winners

Next Season

We are still well short of challenging for the title, but I think we can do it in the next few years. Next season I just need to continue improving the squad.

wow fast progress well done on another season there dafuge

Understatement! I make it 24 seasons completed in 12 weeks, that's unreal. It takes me about 2 or 3 weeks to do a season, playing any time I have free time at home, and on touch mode which should be faster!

I was the opposite, I've played far more hours since settling down into adult life. I'm still at a school though, so I get the benefits of the holidays.

How old are you now then, just out of interest?

...Squad - the first team squad is small, but we have some great youngsters in the under 19s....

Noticed a bit of a trend in your squad summaries that they tend to be on the small side, is this on purpose? Do you have any principles you apply when forming your first team squad? Seems like you'd suffer from a lack of rotation options with a squad that small.

Great thread, I enjoy these types of quick and to the point stories where you can see the advancement clearly. Thanks :)

Good call. He did say 'since settling into adult life' though, as if it were relatively recent. So I was still curious. :)

I can see the confusion. At what age would he have had to have signed up to these boards if he was a student, considering he's been here 13 years :D

How old are you now then, just out of interest?

35 now.

Signed up here at 23, a year after I had graduated. It was probably a couple of years after that (FM06) when I started getting into my long term saves and playing lots of seasons.

Noticed a bit of a trend in your squad summaries that they tend to be on the small side, is this on purpose? Do you have any principles you apply when forming your first team squad? Seems like you'd suffer from a lack of rotation options with a squad that small.

Great thread, I enjoy these types of quick and to the point stories where you can see the advancement clearly. Thanks :)

I prefer having a small squad (22 is ideal), but a lot of the time it is just because I can't afford to buy enough decent players to have a full squad capable of rotating.

I also tend not to include the U19s in the screenshots, so I do have a bunch of youngsters to provide backup.

I can see the confusion. At what age would he have had to have signed up to these boards if he was a student, considering he's been here 13 years :D

Yeah, saw the join date as well, that's what I was thinking..

35 now.

Signed up here at 23, a year after I had graduated. It was probably a couple of years after that (FM06) when I started getting into my long term saves and playing lots of seasons.

Ah, fair enough. I've been playing since CM9798 off and on (not buying every single game, but one every two or three probably) but never in all that time have a played a single save that last more than about 7 seasons I don't think. I never seem to move clubs though, that's the thing - when I get bored of a team I just start a new save with another team, rather than move jobs on the same save.

I've been a lurker to some of your one-club saves so seeing your journeyman save progress is a good read, just a question in reference to the 4-4-2 wide diamond, what TI's and PI's do you use?

Here's my setup

I'm no tactical expert though, I just have an idea about how I'd like my team to play and then build my squad around that.

AS Monaco - Ligue 1- 2040/41

Last season brought my first European trophy in the Europa League, but my challenge at this club remained to finish above PSG.

League Table - we came so close, but fell just short of the title. Next season I need to make sure I put out my strongest team possible in every match, I can't afford to field the youngsters in the league matches.

Coupe de la Ligue - the backup players failed to impress.

Coupe de France - after the fringe players saw us through the early stages we took this one seriously and went on to lift the cup.

UEFA Champions League - we had a great group stage but then got a terrible draw in the next round which we lost.

Squad - we still have a weak defence, that will be the key area to improve if we want to win the title.

Transfers - I spent a lot of money, but picked up a few bargains.

Finances - the Champions League money is yet to come in, so this isn't too bad.

Key Player Profiles:

Gökhan Budak - an incredible player, but isn't interested in signing a new contract. Next season will probably be his last at the club.

José Luis Vegar - another brilliant season for the supporting striker.

Dan Oprea - an outstanding contribution from the winger.

Maurizio Mangolini - feels like a bargain at £17m.

Jean-Marc Durand - wanted to leave last season, but he's happy now.

Career Overview

2039/40    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Europa League winners
2040/41    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Coupe de France winners

Next Season

The only aim for next season is to win the title ahead of PSG, I'm planning on fielding the youngsters in the domestic cups. I have one more year on my contract, so I'll consider my position at the club at the end of next season.

Looks like the potential new owner wants to replace me

And then for the second time, the consortium takeover collapses.

Happened I think 4 times to me, and the new ownership kept me on. If the club likes you then I don't think you get fired. Would be interesting since you haven't been at the club that long to see if they'd toss you after 3 seasons.

Happened I think 4 times to me, and the new ownership kept me on. If the club likes you then I don't think you get fired. Would be interesting since you haven't been at the club that long to see if they'd toss you after 3 seasons.

I feel like I've done well at the club, although I'm not considered a club favourite. My contract is also expiring soon, so that might play a part.

I've had a third collapse now.

AS Monaco - Ligue 1- 2041/42

With one year left on my contract I felt like this was my last chance to beat PSG to the title.

League Table - we started slowly, but that led to a thrilling title chase. We need a draw in our final game, but we turned on the style and won 5-0.

Trophée des Champions - this was a first for me, and we came away with a lucky win.

Coupe de la Ligue - I wasn't interested in this competition, but the fringe players impressed throughout.

Coupe de France - they weren't as impressive in this one.

UEFA Champions League - our outstanding home form took us to my first Champions League final. Two years ago we beat Real Madrid in the Europe League final, last year they knocked us out in the Champions League first knockout round. This year was ours!

Squad - the squad still has weak spots in goal and at full back, but it is pretty great otherwise.

Transfers - I spent big on new defenders but it was the January signing of a striker that made the difference.

Finances - winning the Champions League took care of the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Gökhan Budak - amazing yet again, but his contract is expiring. I may pay him the fortune he wants to stay.

José Luis Vegar - this may be his last big season at the age of 32.

Matthieu Roger - a bargain at £14.25m, he's had a huge impact in his short time at the club.

Quentin Baert - our most valuable player.

Vini Hélder - possibly the signing that won us the title.

Career Overview

2040/41    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           2nd            Coupe de France winners
2041/42    AS Monaco            France     Ligue 1                           1st            Coupe de la Ligue and Champions league winners

Next Season

I've loved my time at Monaco, but this is well and truly job done. I'm going to be leaving when my contract expires next month.

Unlike previous years, my career plan is a bit unclear. I'm yet to manage in Italy, Germany or Spain but I feel like I should be aiming for the biggest clubs available. Hopefully something interesting will turn up.

The takeover has finally gone through, they wanted me to stay and offered me a transfer budget of around £40m.

It was tempting, but I'm still going to leave. My leaving present to the club was signing Gökhan Budak on to a new deal, even if it cost £200k p/w.

KeVP6D2.png

Winning the Champions League put me in prime position for a big job and they don't come much bigger than this.

Club - there's not a lot here I can improve on.

Facilities - moving out of the Bernabéu could be an option for the future.

Finances - this is new, the club is rich!

Squad - there's a number of quality players here, but the squad needs rebuilding.

League Table - I'm lucky to be replacing a retiring manager, so I get the pre season with the club. Last season they won the league, so I'm under pressure.

My aims here have to be a bit different from my other clubs, winning things is expected. If given the opportunity, this might be the club I spend an extended period at.

I always say this when people take over Real Madrid: it's not worth it. I've done it once in a career and quickly reached the conclusion it's just not fun. Tons of pressure to succeed, and even if you do there's never much of a sense of acheivement.

Anyway, I still you wish good luck and hope you enjoy Real more than I did back then!

Archived