World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another night, another whack on Betfair. Lost a bit betting on Colombia -1 this afternoon, and then backing the draw in the England game this evening and not laying off, but managed to make that back and then some on the Greece game, backing the draw as soon as Greece went down to 10 men.

You were right for all the wrong reasons :D

I mean't the game on after this one. :thup:

Glad -1 France looks set to come in even though they are throwing it away here late on. Also go on France to win at evens too.

These late goals helping my minnow Method bet too.

Tried my first minnows method bet for a few games in the groups and it looks quite promising. If Belgium beat Russia and both score I'll have 7/8 selections in. Only went for small stakes of 25p trebles and four timers for overall stake of £12 but should be a decent return as I can cash in now for £60+. Looks quite promising and think I will probably use it quite a bit on games next season.

Thoughts on equador?? Lost a bit recently but £20 on a Benz win cast had been useful @17/2

Personally I think Ecuador will win but I can see it being a tight game. Not a game I will be betting on as I can't see much value in the odds. Would have gone for E. Valencia FGS but bookies have got wise and he is very short now. Not like the 16's I got when they played England

Tried my first minnows method bet for a few games in the groups and it looks quite promising. If Belgium beat Russia and both score I'll have 7/8 selections in. Only went for small stakes of 25p trebles and doubles for overall stake of £12 but should be a decent return as I can cash in now for £60+. Looks quite promising and think I will probably use it quite a bit on games next season.

If you're just waiting on one game it makes sense to back clean sheet for the opposite team with the stake you put on.

So £12 on Russia clean sheet at Betfred @ 4.33

Belgium score - you're looking at around £60+

Belgium win & BTTS - you're looking at a very decent return

Russia clean sheet - £12 @ 4.33 = £51.96

So you don't lose out atall.

• Administrators

Random question about your method gills, since I've only just read it on the first page, your example betslip only has stakes on trebles there; do you keep your stakes to trebles for 3 matches/four-folds for 4 etc or spread it across singles/doubles etc?

It's however many games you put on mate, the example betslip only has 3 games so it'd be trebles. WillHill I think is the most ideal site to do them with as they allow up to 30 selections which would give you 15 games if you so desired.

I usually work between 3-6 games

3 games = trebles

4 games = 4-folds

5 games = 5-folds

6 games = 6-folds

etc

It's kinda why you ideally want both selections at the evens or greater mark and I NEVER have both selections below the evens (2.0) odds as it's stupid to do that, you might aswell double your stake per line and skip that selection out. Will also never select anything under 1.50 odds (good MM accumulators can be used where teams are around 1.50-2.0 and the BTTS odds are above 2.0). Teams below 1.50 are usually expected to keep a clean sheet and it's not really worth putting a 1.3 shot in when you're aiming to hit back on average odds of 2.0 per game.

I did stay up til the early hours one night and work out the risk vs reward numbers and it definitively gave trebles (3 games) as the most efficient.

I can talk about this method a lot more as it's something I've been doing for a while now, when I was recording level stakes on these it was turning quite a decent profit but then I lost my sheets I was keeping track on.

If you're just waiting on one game it makes sense to back clean sheet for the opposite team with the stake you put on.

So £12 on Russia clean sheet at Betfred @ 4.33

Belgium score - you're looking at around £60+

Belgium win & BTTS - you're looking at a very decent return

Russia clean sheet - £12 @ 4.33 = £51.96

So you don't lose out atall.

Due to it being small stakes I'm just going to let it play out on this bet. I'm looking at a profit for it anyway and this way it gives me an interest on the Belgium game. When I use it during the upcoming season I'll probably put slightly bigger stakes on so I will be looking at covering bets then.

I really like the system and think it will be how I will place most of my acca bets next season.

USA look a bit tempting at 17/4. Portugal are without Coentrao, Pepe, Ronaldo, Almeida and got thrashed by Germany whereas the United States are on a 4 match winning run.

Weird that Costa Rica were 1/10 to finish bottom of their group.

EDIT: about £60 down so far, been so unlucky. Costa Rica done me on 3 seperate bets (9 fold with Uruguay, worth £240, bottom of groups, £103 and Italy game, £110) so I'm naturally fuming.

Archived