FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got my transfer business done. Really pleased with who i've been able to get in, and get rid of. Will now just look at getting rid of Lindegaard and loaning a couple out.

0c0r.png

i know FM is not real life .. still i'm a little bit dissapointed that we can buy Alaba,Alba , Draxler etc .. on FM13 it was harder to buy player(s) , or am I wrong ?

Got my transfer business done. Really pleased with who i've been able to get in, and get rid of. Will now just look at getting rid of Lindegaard and loaning a couple out.

Very nice indeed, I only managed to get £26M for Tony V and could only loan Young out. You did well to get £40M for the pair.

i know FM is not real life .. still i'm a little bit dissapointed that we can buy Alaba,Alba , Draxler etc .. on FM13 it was harder to buy player(s) , or am I wrong ?

No I think you're correct tbh, Pique and Bale are interested in a move to my side, which to me is unrealistic when I'm not even halfway through the first season.

i have just got salvio in the jan window on loan but he has not played a game yet. i started with a formation without wingers and have switched to a 4-2-2-2 so needed him in. luckily i had not sold nani as no one wanted him so i still had nano, kagawa, januzaj, giggs and now salvio to play on the wings.

what role do you use salvio

i have just got salvio in the jan window on loan but he has not played a game yet. i started with a formation without wingers and have switched to a 4-2-2-2 so needed him in. luckily i had not sold nani as no one wanted him so i still had nano, kagawa, januzaj, giggs and now salvio to play on the wings.

what role do you use salvio

Played him on both wings - AML set as inside-forward and AMR as a winger, both on attack.

Started my save last night, I like to play my games slow and really get into it so only just played my first game after my pre season. It was against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford and Spanked them 7-1, none of my strikers scored which was Funny but RVP did get 3 assists.

Fabio (2), Evans, Evra, Kagawa, Fellani and Alaba scored.

Transfers In - David Alaba (24m), Will Hughes (6m), Luke Shaw (20m), Senna Malik (1.8m), Tom Ince (3m), I was in for Koke but he choose Monaco over myself and PSG which was annoying as I offered him a decent contract, tried to go in for lsco or Herrera but both deals never happened.

Transfers Out - Anderson (10m/Ac milan), Ben Amos (1m/Crystal Palace), Chris Smalling (25m/Arsenal), Alex Buttner (4.5M/Rubin), Tom Cleverly (5m/Newcastle, feel I got ripped off there and maybe I could have got more). Valencia (10m/Chelsea), Chelsea were willing to pay 27.5m at the start and the deal was done then it said they dont have enough funds so I just tried to get rid of him for anything as hes surplus to requirments for me. Sent Luke Shaw, Tom Ince to Aston Villa as first team starters for the season and Zaha is on Loan at Wigan.

Knocked back multiple offers for Hernandez (Arsenal) and Rafeal (PSG)

Started my 'real ' save a few hours ago .. will try to play 4-4-2 (dmc , mc , ml, mr , sc sc) and 4-4-1-1 away.

IN: verratti (13.5m euro) , Jedvaj ( roma 7.5m euro) , Alba ( 25m euro)

youngster : Leyder (ajax), Senna Malik (inter) , Tielemans (anderlecht) , Bazoer ( ajax) , Bennett (derby) , Maupay (nice) , Zivkovic (groningen) , Roberts (Fulham) , Ledson (everton)

Loaned Jedvaj and Maupay back to there old clubs.

Still looking for a good ML ..

Out : Buttner (Rubin - 5.5m euro) , Evans ( Arsenal - 16m) , Macheda ( wigan - 1.7m) - anderson (Valencia - 13.5) , Evra ( Monaco - 4m)

Trying to offload Ben Amos and Young.

what is everyone doing about the FFP rules. i am in April and i am projected to make £44m loss in champs league and am only allowed to make £4.4m or something. has anyone else had this as it is crippling me for no reason. At the start of the game i spent £47m on transfers but sold £50m so i am not sure why i am losing so much money in the champions league.

has anyone else had this or can shed some light on it.

Just played Aston Villa away and all they done was foul and make bad tackles, they had 4 yellow cards and 2 straight reds. Ended 0-0 and I had Vidic sent off aswel. So fustrating seeing the game stopped every time I try and build an attack.

Both of there reds were for 'Vicious Tackles', Vidics was proffesional foul

They payed 9m upfront. I just offered him out on the 2nd day. The Thiago transfer is silly. He's only just joined Bayern and you can get him. Only tried my luck after Gundogan turned down 80k a week.

It feels like there are a lot of players you can sign far to easily.

It feels like there are a lot of players you can sign far to easily.

Some players I agree. However, I went for Pogba and Di Maria for example and Juve and Real Madrid both wanted over 100m and eventually told me to do one.

I quite want another AMR, and I may go for Salvio on loan, but anyone had experience of Antonio Candreva?

Some players I agree. However, I went for Pogba and Di Maria for example and Juve and Real Madrid both wanted over 100m and eventually told me to do one.

I quite want another AMR, and I may go for Salvio on loan, but anyone had experience of Antonio Candreva?

Had him score against me for Newcastle.

Can't remember who I tried to sign think it might of been pogba made a 20m opener and they countered with 545 million, just say you don't want to sell him, either way it's worked I've moved on.

I've decided to go for a bit of a left field solution to my... errrm, left midfield. Viktor Fischer. £16m structured deal, £16k p/w, good potential 20 years old at the start of season 2, looking forward to seeing how he performs. I brought in Koke and Callum Chambers in January season 1 but loaned the latter back for the rest of the season. Also just signed Shaw for £11m and considering Alonso for around £5m. He's 32 now but still a class player to go alongside Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley and Koke in midfield as it looks like I won't be able to sign that genuine world class midfielder this side needs in this window.

Two quick questions:

1) Anyone tried signing Valdes on a bosman?

2) How does Zaha develop past the first season?

Just started my Man Utd save, i put on disable first transfer window, A) to add to the realism we'd just spent money on Fellaini (sad times) and B) i was concerned about how FFP would effect the game in that first window if you spend yet more money.

It's been tough going, the AI doesn't really seem keen to pay me what i want for players but this is my first season including January business and i have just agreed to sign Valdes on bosman for next season as cover for De Gea.

Bouncing between 3rd and 5th in the league it's a close race, lost in the capital one cup final to Man City on penalties, Fellaini rocketed his over the bar. Still in the CL and FA Cup

Some Screenies below

Balanta

NgAEBAm.jpg

Transfers

cBvtDxX.jpg

Tactics

wWgD5G8.jpg

My tactic / squad ..

4-4-2 possesion, short passing, fluid,attacking, narrow , drill crosses , push higher, hassle opponents.

GK : sweeper keeper

De Gea, Lindegard, Johnstone

DL : Full back (automatic) cross targetman, cross more often, get further forward

Jordi Alba, Fabio

DC : Ball playing def : mark tighter

Jones, Rio Ferdinand

DC : central def : mark tighter

Vidic, M.keane

DR : Full back (automatic) cross targetman, cross more often, get further forward

Rafael , Smalling

DMC: the regista role

Fellaini,Carrick, Fletcher

MC: Advanced playmaker - support (direct passing, less dribbling) my key player and passer !

Verrati , Cleverly , Giggs

ML : Winger (Attack) : run wide with ball , he is more my inside forward type of winger..

Kagawa - Januzaj - Ince

MR : Winger (Support) : cross to targetman , cross more , get further forward

Valencia - Nani

SC: False nine (support) - run with with ball - roam

Rooney - Hernandez

SC : Targetman (attack) - Roam - shoot more

V Persie - Welbeck

Don't know if this will work, had mixed results in pre season and opening of the season (lost 2-1 against spurs, won 2-0 against sunderland and had +- 35 chances).

I saw a lot of crosses from MR , a lot of passes from my DMC and MC and good interaction between Rooney and V Persie up front.

Still tempted to try a 4-4-2 diamond with DMC - MC - MC - MC .. Anyhow first i will try to play this one.. with wings :)

I've played 22 games in the league, 1st with 7 points in front of chelsea.

CL group with Dortmund, atletico Mad. and Plzen..1st place with 16 points, playing vs Shaktar in 1st knockout rnd.

Sold: Vidić,Anderson,Macheda

Bought: Koke(15mil), Doria(7.5mil), Callum Chambers(8.5 mil-end of season loan to southampton), Julian Brandt(free-end of season), Vitinho (free-end of season)

Hi Guys

Just started my save last night which im hoping I will carry over to the full release. These are my signings so far, also have Honda coming in January for free:

2p8c.png

Using the following experimental tactic which look to best utilise Kagawa/Rooney/RVP/Draxler. Working well so far. May switch it to 4-3-2-1 instead of 4-2-3-1

Draxler has been good so far

- No "we are getting overrun in midfield" shouts from ass man

- At least 60% possession in each of my 8 matches

- lots of shots on target

xd7v.png

Its a pity that many of you are selling Antonio Valencia - best right wing in the game ...

A lot of people like me let real life performances influence there decisions and Valencia has been awful of late there was a time in his first season where he was on fire but after the horrific injury he's gone downhill.

It's the same reason I've never used young in any football manager with man utd I just don't think he has ever been up to scratch to play for us.

It's the same reason I've never used young in any football manager with man utd I just don't think he has ever been up to scratch to play for us.

Truer words have never been spoken, both him and Anderson i don't think i have ever played even 1 minute of gametime.

Looking to this thread for motivation, I'm a die hard ManU fan and play a long career game with them every year, but feeling deflated about them IRL so I'm yet to take the plunge and commit to a career save yet in beta.

I've used them in a couple of the challenges just to pass the time, but how are you guys finding ManU this year? fun? frustrating? same as always?

0c0r.png

Thiago joining after he only joined in the same transfer window is stupid.

Also just seen Real Madrid buy David Luiz for £12.5M in the first season, seems very unrealistic as Chelsea wanted £35-40M in real life for him.

There is also a player like Miralem Pjanic who was also bought for just under £10M by Arsenal, but in real life Roma wouldn't let him go for twice that amount to Spurs.

the first transfer window seems easy to buy in, ive just finished my first season won the champions league but I can't get any decent value from the market, and rooney is in his last year and wants 275k P/W with obscene appearance bonuses not sure what to do. Contracts are just obscene in this game, especially as RVP and rooney seemingly have Top earner clauses.

Yesterday i played with Manchester United away against Fulham. Fulham played in white/black shorts .. we played in... white/black shorts :) 22 players in white... Won 0-3 so that was no problem . Reported this as a bug.

Com Shield : won 2-1 vs Wigan after a good game full of clear cut chances..

EPL :

i have 13 out of 18 points .

Man utd - Stoke 0-0 (36 chances..)

Spurs - Man utd 2-1

Man utd - Sunderland 2-0

Man utd - Aston Villa 2-0 (played 80 mins with 10 after a red card for Fellaini)

Everton - Man utd 1-2 (played 60 mins with 10 after a red card for Rafa..)

Fulham - Man utd 0-3

A lot of people like me let real life performances influence there decisions and Valencia has been awful of late there was a time in his first season where he was on fire but after the horrific injury he's gone downhill.

Its a game and on this game Valencia and Young are great.

Valencia end his first season with 17 assists and 7,89 form. Young with 15 assists and 7,85 form.

However of course your game you play how you like...

My preference is to build a squad for the future and so Valencia's age is a slight issue for me. I've had bids between 15 - 20m for him which may be too good to turn down with all things considered.

Players I have earmarked as definite purchases thus far:

Lazar Markovic - already has great pace & flair, the rest of his attributes are good for his age also. 4.5* scout reports. Replacement for Valencia, in my opinion.

Domenico Berardi - 19yo Italian striker - is also looking like another must-buy, particularly as I'm considering selling Javier Hernandez. 5* scout reports.

Eder Alvarez Balanta looks like a great purchase if you're considering moving on Vidic and/or Rio. 5* scout reports.

Maximillian Meyer also looks like a must-buy for my squad. A cheaper and younger alternative to Draxler perhaps?

Here's hoping I can flog quite a few of the current squad to generate extra funds :thup:

Oh and the temptation of using the Data Editor to remove Ed Woodward may be too great. In fact, I think it may be the first thing I do!

Archived