FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

• Administrators

We’re excited to officially announce that Football Manager Classic 2014 is coming to PlayStation Vita.

FMC14 for PS Vita is our first game to allow cross-platform play away from home computers, meaning that fans who own both FM14 (and play Classic mode) for PC, Mac or Linux and FMC14 for PS Vita will be able to carry on a single continuous game, whether they’re at home using their computer or out and about with their PlayStation Vita (or vice versa).

It will be the first ever handheld game to feature our 3D Match Engine, alongside a pretty much identical feature set to FMC on home computers. Play the game at home, at work, at Uni, on the bus, on the train – wherever you want to, with the saved game stored in the cloud.

FMC14 for PS Vita will be published by SEGA and will be available as both a physical release and a digital download through the PSN store. Look out for more information, including release date coming soon.

Welcome to the future of FM.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty awesome news and has, I admit, tempted me to think about purchasing a Vita...

Me too. Can a PS Vita surf the net via a browser? (eg. IE)

wonder what the processing speed is on a vita on a bigger database

also might drain the battery pretty quickly?

You can guarantee a processor heavy game like FMC will be a serious battery drainer although SIG have said with FMH that they try and leave you with some juice in your mobile or PSP for other things, after a session of 5-6 hours or something like that.

I was pleasantly surprised when I first heard this, awesome news! thanks SI! :)

I'm very much 50/50 on the Vita currently, it sounds impressive bvut I'm not a huge handheld gamer and my phone gives me the kinda games I play on my travels these days.

The PS4 integration, price drop and seeing Killzone and Uncharted on one had swayed me a bit though recently, but playing FMC may be what tips me to finally getting one! :D

The way I understand it is that if you buy the PC version you can link it to the vita then play it on the vita or PC. Using the cloud save you could play it vice versa. So you don't actually need to buy both versions, is that right?

Because on Amazon the PC version is £30 but the Vita version is at £65. That seems quite ridiculously high when you don't really need it. Unless to play on both systems you need to purchase both versions?

You should try out Killzone Mercenary. It has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars on both Amazon uk and us.

Unfortunately FPS give me motion sickness. It's a bummer as I'd like to play Destiny and Battlefront on the PS4. :(

I wonder if there will be any deal for the Vita version if you also buy the PC game. I know on the PSN on some games if you buy the PS3 game you get the Vita version free.

I really want the vita FMC but I want the full game as well.

Will you need a 3G Vita to be able to play on the move? How will the cloud save technology work exactly?

I am interested in a PS Vita, however I would get the Wi-Fi only model as its cheaper.

Just so I know what PS Vita to possibly get whether its a Wi-Fi or 3G model, could anyone from SI confirm the above please? :)

• 3 weeks later...

The lack of info for the vita release is awful. I have bought a vita to play FMC and would like to see some gameplay and details for it. Will it be downloadable from the PSN. Will it get all the updates that the PC version gets via the PSN. A rough timescale of when it will be released?

. I have bought a vita to play FMC

But why did you buy vita first, surely you'd have waited to see if, what and when FMC will actually be released first?

I mean I was well excited about it but last thing I'm going to do is buy the vita before the game is released as I doubt it'll be out in this year.

But why did you buy vita first, surely you'd have waited to see if, what and when FMC will actually be released first?

I mean I was well excited about it but last thing I'm going to do is buy the vita before the game is released as I doubt it'll be out in this year.

I bought it cos it has some games that I wanted to play like uncharted so I got it now, also I wanted the oled display and with the new one announced minus the oled I didn't want to take the risk. Also my son can play it as well. Knowing FM is coming out just got me excited.

I haven't got the time anymore for the full version so the vita release will hopefully allow me to enjoy it again.

Just heard from a friend that says FM 14 Classic Vita is gonna be limited to 3 nations like FM13 Classic on the PC/MAC. I went to watch the video you guys posted talking about FM14 Classic and indeed, in the video, it shows at one point that cross save with vita only works for FM Classic games from PC that are only using 3 nations. Please say that this is untrue. I've am really looking forward to playing FM14 Vita carrying over my save from PC but if the Vita only supports 3 nations, its gonna be a deal breaker for me.

Just heard from a friend that says FM 14 Classic Vita is gonna be limited to 3 nations like FM13 Classic on the PC/MAC. I went to watch the video you guys posted talking about FM14 Classic and indeed, in the video, it shows at one point that cross save with vita only works for FM Classic games from PC that are only using 3 nations. Please say that this is untrue. I've am really looking forward to playing FM14 Vita carrying over my save from PC but if the Vita only supports 3 nations, its gonna be a deal breaker for me.

On the FM2014 Beta, If you start an FMC game there is a checkbox that states if you want extra nations then cross save with PS Vita will be unavailable.

While it may disappoint some. I don't mind 3 nations on Vita. I've enjoyed FMH on Android and Ipad in the past with it's limitations and to get the much better FMC on the Vita is still an incredible feat. FMC Vita is still a day one purchase for me.

I would like to hear a little more information. Like will the right analog stick be used as a mouse cursor which I'd prefer over pure touch screen controls

Also I'd like to know if adding facepacks, logos will be possible. I'm guessing we won't get a release date yet as I'm guessing that once the PC version has been refined and quirks ironed out.

I'm really looking forward to playing FMC on the train or while I'm at work being lazy. :-D

I had somehow gotten it in my head that the Vita version would be released simultaneously with the PC version... Does anyone even vaguely have a time frame regarding its pre-order availablity and release date?

So excited about playing it! Thanks in advance.

The lack of info for the vita release is awful. I have bought a vita to play FMC and would like to see some gameplay and details for it. Will it be downloadable from the PSN. Will it get all the updates that the PC version gets via the PSN. A rough timescale of when it will be released?

I agree, I really was expecting much more info when I looked through these forums, there doesn't even seem to be an obvious place to discuss/hear about the Vita version (no dedicated forum). It is slightly worrying as it makes you think the Vita version is almost an afterthought when for many people it is the only version they intend to buy.

Will it be patched at the same time as the PC version?

Will there be a January data update to match the PC data?

Can we edit our own data?

Will there be a larger player database than the small database found in the FM Handheld game for PSP / smartphones?

Archived