FM14 Comes to PLAYSTATION VITA - Play Home and Away - OUT NOW!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Why not check out the @FootballManager Twitter account - some screenshots have been posted :)

That's exactly why I said earlier in the thread that it would be absolutely stupid to release the game now. The game will sell badly so they won't be able to justify the time & resources on future releases as they'll wrongly assume that people simply didn't want the game on Vita. The Vita game series is dead before it even hits the shelves. It's as simple as that.

Should have just released a Vita version to coincide with FM 2015 guys...

Will they 'wrongly assume' we don't want the game though? Unfortunately I think they know exactly what they're doing, bringing the game out now means they'll make some money, but as you say, sales will be poor, and they'll say 'oh well, there won't be a game next season, your fault not ours' while never having any intention of making the 14/15 game in the first place

I'm still very eager to get my hands on this. In one thought I'm thinking, the sooner it's released the better. Then the more sensible side of me thinks I'd prefer it to be as polished as possible as I doubt we will see many, if any patches. Also I'm forking out money on Infamous 2 for PS4 and Final Fantasy X & X2 collection for my Vita this week. So my wallet will have a little extra time to recover.

How much do you think it'll cost? Some people are guessing at a late April release, even if it's mid April, that only leaves a month of the season left, I can't imagine a scenario where they could justify charging more than £15, or the equivalent of that for those in other countries

How much do you think it'll cost? Some people are guessing at a late April release, even if it's mid April, that only leaves a month of the season left, I can't imagine a scenario where they could justify charging more than £15, or the equivalent of that for those in other countries

I don't know in £, but my guess is from 25 to 35 dollars, because new PS Vita releases are between 34,99 and 39,99 in US and FM releases are always cheaper then other new games releases.

Yeah the wait & little info available has been frustrating but it looks like its being released next month so sorted, folk who dont wanna buy it because its almost end of season will be in a minority I feel, its the first football management game on the Vita so I wager its gonna sell well, judging by the screenshots its pretty much identical to the pc classic mode, I can't wait for next month, really don't care that its arrived near end of season, just enjoy it when its eventually released.

Yeah the wait & little info available has been frustrating but it looks like its being released next month so sorted, folk who dont wanna buy it because its almost end of season will be in a minority I feel, its the first football management game on the Vita so I wager its gonna sell well, judging by the screenshots its pretty much identical to the pc classic mode, I can't wait for next month, really don't care that its arrived near end of season, just enjoy it when its eventually released.
yes, but Miles has already said that there are no definite plans for a game for next season, I'm not sure it's worth getting invested in the ps vita version, it'd have been different if the game was out at the start of the year

IF many folk take a negative, sulky attitude & boycott the game thus making it a flop I very much doubt they would bother making another one, I'm gonna take a chance & get it, I stopped buying FIFA for the vita as the game was just a kit & squad change & nothing like the console versions, at least this looks closer to the pc version of fm classic.

I don't know in £, but my guess is from 25 to 35 dollars, because new PS Vita releases are between 34,99 and 39,99 in US and FM releases are always cheaper then other new games releases.

Gamestop Ireland are listing €39.99 at the moment, but that is likely speculation.

yes, but Miles has already said that there are no definite plans for a game for next season, I'm not sure it's worth getting invested in the ps vita version, it'd have been different if the game was out at the start of the year

I'll take one great FM on my Vita over none. That's for sure. I'm not fussed by squads either, as once you buy and sell, and the cpu does, it's all fantasy anyway.

What I would like, though, is if they're not going to make more Vita games, make it so you could even get a once a year squad update, maybe.

I want to see what the league restrictions etc are for the Vita. Then I'll decide.

Isn't it the same as the compatibility mode on the PC Classic mode saves? Three leagues and an (IIRC) small database.

IF many folk take a negative, sulky attitude & boycott the game thus making it a flop I very much doubt they would bother making another one, I'm gonna take a chance & get it, I stopped buying FIFA for the vita as the game was just a kit & squad change & nothing like the console versions, at least this looks closer to the pc version of fm classic.
I was being realistic, not negative, and when it comes down to it, I think I will buy it. However, I'm not entirely certain that anyone involved in the making of the game wants it to be a success, they haven't given that impression anyway, look back at the amount of people who've asked for even the slightest bit of info about the game, both on here, and twitter only to be met by silence, or condescending comments, on Sunday I think, Miles tweeted that screen shots and news on the release date would be announced, the screen shots did appear, but he is now claiming that he never mentioned news on a release date, where a quick look back through his time line shows the opposite

Isn't it the same as the compatibility mode on the PC Classic mode saves? Three leagues and an (IIRC) small database.

Good point. I just started a new game and I could only select 3 nations. If I click on the check box, it removes the limit, but also cross-save functionality. So Vita will be compatible with 3 nations only, based on that.

I was being realistic, not negative, and when it comes down to it, I think I will buy it. However, I'm not entirely certain that anyone involved in the making of the game wants it to be a success, they haven't given that impression anyway, look back at the amount of people who've asked for even the slightest bit of info about the game, both on here, and twitter only to be met by silence, or condescending comments, on Sunday I think, Miles tweeted that screen shots and news on the release date would be announced, the screen shots did appear, but he is now claiming that he never mentioned news on a release date, where a quick look back through his time line shows the opposite

About release date, it's probably tuesday due to store update, but it can happen any day. I have PSVita since day one, so I'm always following anything about it. And here are all April releases so far:

- April 1st: Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and updated version of the 2012 release and MLB 14: The Show.

- April 8th: LEGO The Hobbit.

- April 15th: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars.

- April 22: Demon Gaze.

In the last week of the month, there's no release so far, which is why I think the game is probably going to be released there.

Will they 'wrongly assume' we don't want the game though? Unfortunately I think they know exactly what they're doing, bringing the game out now means they'll make some money, but as you say, sales will be poor, and they'll say 'oh well, there won't be a game next season, your fault not ours' while never having any intention of making the 14/15 game in the first place

What are these assumptions based on, and where did Miles say "There are no definite plans for a game for next season"?

I've checked his recent Tweets and saw no mention of any specific plans to continue / shelve the Vita format.

EDIT: HUNT3R pointed me at this quote:

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI Mar 16

@_johnylewis no decision has been made on whether we will make a second Vita game or not.

It doesn't mean anything either way - there's nothing to be cynical about, they just haven't made a decision!

What are these assumptions based on, and where did Miles say "There are no definite plans for a game for next season"?

I've checked his recent Tweets and saw no mention of any specific plans to continue / shelve the Vita format.

EDIT: HUNT3R pointed me at this quote:

Miles Jacobson ‏@milesSI Mar 16

@_johnylewis no decision has been made on whether we will make a second Vita game or not.

It doesn't mean anything either way - there's nothing to be cynical about, they just haven't made a decision!

Yes, and the lack of confirmation is why I said in an earlier post that without at least one other game, the Vita venture seems pointless, as the season finishes in ten weeks. Why would people buy it, when they have iOS and Android games available, and obviously the desktop version. I just can't understand why they'd release it now instead of waiting until September with a 14/15 season game, surely sales would increase ten fold that way

People (me included) would buy this for when you're on the go and need your FM fix too. I've tried the Android version and it is way too simplistic. The Vita version will be perfect. With it being compatible with the PC, I can still keep it up to date database-wise (I assume) even if FM15 is released.

Even if it is "out of date", it will still be good (as FM14 is good) and it's much more detailed than the Android version.

I don't mind the Android version, it's handy. I've been playing it when I'm stuck waiting for a few minutes in places and the like(actually found a pretty neat 3-1-4-2 tactic and starting 11 with Real Madrid that I want to expand to the full/Classic game at some point). The proper Classic experience on the go is much, much more, though. Or even at home, lying in bed and such. It'd be mighty to carry on holiday too, even if only for the plane trips.

People (me included) would buy this for when you're on the go and need your FM fix too. I've tried the Android version and it is way too simplistic. The Vita version will be perfect. With it being compatible with the PC, I can still keep it up to date database-wise (I assume) even if FM15 is released.

Even if it is "out of date", it will still be good (as FM14 is good) and it's much more detailed than the Android version.

I'm sure the game will be exceptionally good, however, I'm not sure why people compare the Android version to the pc one, it's meant to be simplistic, that's the point. My main point is why charge us around £30 (probably) for a season that's coming to an end, whereas, they could wait until September and for the same price, release a game fresh and new for the starting season

It's obviously being released now, as it's ready. Why throw away several hard months (years?) of development if you get a chance to get feedback from customers rather than internal testers about the game that can help to shape the next iteration?

The delayed release implies that it has been a bit of a sod to port FM onto the Vita, but the fact that it is in a condition good enough to release means that those challenges have been sufficiently overcome.

FM Vita will be a world of depth beyond the limitations of FMH (I bought 12 and 13, but not this year's), and that alone is enough to pique my interest.

Don't really fancy shelling out for a Vita if the plug is pulled, so I'll bide my time, but the fact that the hurdle of porting the game over has been overcome, bodes well.

For me the release date of this game is irrelevant. Experience of the game is the key thing here. I hope that the quality of the game has not been affected and is still very good. I have checked every day for news of this release date and am absolutely buzzing for it to come out! If this is the only iteration of FM on Vita then so be it but I hope otherwise.

It's obviously being released now, as it's ready. Why throw away several hard months (years?) of development if you get a chance to get feedback from customers rather than internal testers about the game that can help to shape the next iteration?

The delayed release implies that it has been a bit of a sod to port FM onto the Vita, but the fact that it is in a condition good enough to release means that those challenges have been sufficiently overcome.

FM Vita will be a world of depth beyond the limitations of FMH (I bought 12 and 13, but not this year's), and that alone is enough to pique my interest.

Don't really fancy shelling out for a Vita if the plug is pulled, so I'll bide my time, but the fact that the hurdle of porting the game over has been overcome, bodes well.

They wouldn't be wasting their undoubted hard work though, I'd think waiting until next season wouldn't be too difficult as they'd just need to update squads, they have everything else ready to go. The reason I mentioned Android and iOS is they will be getting the January transfer updates shortly, so a lot of people might just stick with what they have

They wouldn't be wasting their undoubted hard work though, I'd think waiting until next season wouldn't be too difficult as they'd just need to update squads, they have everything else ready to go.

Lots will depend on the development of FMC though.

FMC14 is a million miles better than FMC13 in many ways.

I'd be amazed if FMC15 shows quite such a leap in development as FMC14 has, but I suspect it will be far more than just a data update.

As cross-save is a key component (for me at least) of the appeal of a Vita version, it stands to reason that the functionality of FMC15 would need to be replicated in the Vita version.

If there is a FMV15, then presumably in an ideal world its release should be synchronised with the release of FMC15. That will be challenging if the development cycle of the initial Vita launch has just closed.

Lots will depend on the development of FMC though.

FMC14 is a million miles better than FMC13 in many ways.

I'd be amazed if FMC15 shows quite such a leap in development as FMC14 has, but I suspect it will be far more than just a data update.

As cross-save is a key component (for me at least) of the appeal of a Vita version, it stands to reason that the functionality of FMC15 would need to be replicated in the Vita version.

If there is a FMV15, then presumably in an ideal world its release should be synchronised with the release of FMC15. That will be challenging if the development cycle of the initial Vita launch has just closed.

That's a fair point, the synchronisation with the pc version slipped my mind as I don't play it, I was thinking that they could go with the layout and features that they had planned for this season's version, it's made all my points invalid, apologies

I'm actualy buying a vita for the purpose of this game alone. I won't be using it for anything else, I imagine many more people will do the same.

What I would like to see is if they do continue with the vita route is a dual pack for FM15 with the full PC game and a vita download/disc at a better rate than if bought seperately.

I'm actualy buying a vita for the purpose of this game alone. I won't be using it for anything else, I imagine many more people will do the same.

What I would like to see is if they do continue with the vita route is a dual pack for FM15 with the full PC game and a vita download/disc at a better rate than if bought seperately.

I like that idea :thup:

Archived