Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

Here's mine... http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/tURK4wNASe%2BKcXsNLTQqHw

First one is the tactic file.

Second is the first game with it.

EDIT:

Some differences between original and tactic creator version:

- Team Marking: Set as Man marking but each individual player marking is as Hough set up

- Team Passing: Same as above, individually set up and overrides team instruction

- Target Man/Playmaker/Corners were set up different but I noticed better results anyway.

EDIT2: An away/lower league version I use:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtk12z

Defensive line is lowered and offside trap removed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Hough,

I tried your tactic with my test save with PSG : 5 first games :

Ajaccio 1-1 PSG - Draw

PSG 2-0 Bordeaux - WIN

Lille 0-1 PSG - WIN

PSG 5-0 Toulouse - WIN

PSG 1-0 M'Gladbach - WIN

Nice results, but not always beautiful to see...

I'll start now a real career with a weak team, Montreal Impact, in MLS.

hmmm which striker u used in ur newcastle game mr hough

my newcastle strikers just cant score.. always get the feedback ' our forward line is outnumbered by xx defensive........'

majority of my goals come from amc or full back or midfield

Anyone having sucess with team talks in FM13?

think it has to do with your rep and past experience, In my Anji save I had it set to random, and im having issues with getting a reaction from the squad, in my HSV saved where I set it to "International footballer" ive been getting positive reactions

in my HSV Im usually a more aggressive manager

G`day Mr.Hough, was wondering when you were going to post your tactic :)

Well....I managed to get Sunderland into the champions lge using a different tactic that no longer works since the update and i have just managed to get them to the FINAL using your tactic. I have been using it for the last 6 or so games which puts me around 35 games in the EPL gone and i`m sitting 7th.

In the first game, it was versus Newcastle so it was a risk...the game finished 1-1 but i should have won by 4 or 5. I wasn`t too down hearted as i knew it would come good for next season but i didn`t think it would give me good results instantly.

I have not just beaten but completely smashed Man Utd(3rd) 2-0 with something like 22 shots to their 6 and near a 60% possesion.

I then played PSG in the semi final of the champions league over the two legs and i beat them 2-0 away and 3-0 at home :) Totally smashing them along the way over both games plus i`m missing 4 defenders which meant i have had to put some midfielders in the CB role.

Feeling very confident for next season as i have already signed up 5 good freebies and letting go of 210k p/w of useless players when their contracts run out.

My first season with Q.P.R. went poorly, and I was just skipping thru games, to get to the summer break. I then decided to use this tactic in the last 5 games:

2e0tlbt.jpg

As highlighted, you can see that the Wing Backs almost become Inside Forwards.

My only gripe is that my striker only have score 1 goal. Otherwise a excellent tactic so far.

For those of you who are using defensive positioning what allocation of time are you giving to match prep?

Having trouble using this with Liverpool, i think it's literally because lpool are just a hard team to manage. I Thought it would be a challenge but mostly easier, but they really dont have a team. Going to try this with United, with the highest rep and suggested Match prep, lets see if i have better results :)

For those of you who are using defensive positioning what allocation of time are you giving to match prep?

Having trouble using this with Liverpool, i think it's literally because lpool are just a hard team to manage. I Thought it would be a challenge but mostly easier, but they really dont have a team. Going to try this with United, with the highest rep and suggested Match prep, lets see if i have better results :)

What....Jimmy using Liverpool i'm gobsmacked :herman: hahaha

hmmm which striker u used in ur newcastle game mr hough

my newcastle strikers just cant score.. always get the feedback ' our forward line is outnumbered by xx defensive........'

majority of my goals come from amc or full back or midfield

I started using Demba Ba then switched to Papiss cisse becuase he has a much higher finishing, Ben Arfa as AMC aswell

I've sorted the issues out and the troublesome users. If anyone else trolls or throws any kind of abuse around please don't respond to them and just hit the 'report' button instead and I can deal with it :thup:

G`day Mr.Hough, was wondering when you were going to post your tactic :)

Well....I managed to get Sunderland into the champions lge using a different tactic that no longer works since the update and i have just managed to get them to the FINAL using your tactic. I have been using it for the last 6 or so games which puts me around 35 games in the EPL gone and i`m sitting 7th.

In the first game, it was versus Newcastle so it was a risk...the game finished 1-1 but i should have won by 4 or 5. I wasn`t too down hearted as i knew it would come good for next season but i didn`t think it would give me good results instantly.

I have not just beaten but completely smashed Man Utd(3rd) 2-0 with something like 22 shots to their 6 and near a 60% possesion.

I then played PSG in the semi final of the champions league over the two legs and i beat them 2-0 away and 3-0 at home :) Totally smashing them along the way over both games plus i`m missing 4 defenders which meant i have had to put some midfielders in the CB role.

Feeling very confident for next season as i have already signed up 5 good freebies and letting go of 210k p/w of useless players when their contracts run out.

Just won the champions league final versus Barcelona ......truly awesome feeling :D

sunderlandsquadplayers3.png

sunderlandvbarcelonaove.png

seems very, VERY good so far. I've racked up a lot of hours on FM13 having had it since the beta came out. I started an NUFC game and was really struggling with tactics at first but then gave your beta tactic, 4-3-3, a go. It was just brilliant, started winning a lot and playing some nice football but at the same time I found it a bit unpredictable. Just gave this one a go this morning and my first 2 games were against Man City away. Won the first 4-1 and the second 3-1 - playing some wonderful football too. It does mean I might have to sell a couple and buy a few to fit in with the formation but so far it is excellent - well done (as ever)

LOve the control element to the tactic,Midfield really play well. I started a new game with Blackburn and have been using Nuno Gomes upfront as he has good composure and good finishing, Yet he doesnt seem to score that many. How many goals did your strker score last season ?

I was playing as 4 at the back and i relaised i always had a space in the middle for the CB to run through with neither of my CB's really picking him up,so i pulled a Player into the CB and that sorted it to some point, I was still being very leaky though playing an aggressive mentality, I then pulled the Mentailty right back and changed the marking from zonal to marking.

That helped the defence alot.

I know about the issues regarding the through balls over the top, I've alreay tried dropping the D-Line back but it didn't work and became unstable.

I'm just amazed at the difference in how we are playing, only 4 games in to using the tactic. I am hammering everyone! I was doing well before, I have good players and confidence is high anyway but still...there's a clear change in playing style and we look amazing. Well done Mr Hough! Shame there aren't many top class wing backs available but I'm loving having an AMC for once!

LOve the control element to the tactic,Midfield really play well. I started a new game with Blackburn and have been using Nuno Gomes upfront as he has good composure and good finishing, Yet he doesnt seem to score that many. How many goals did your strker score last season ?

In my newcastle Test.

Cisse had 25 goals in 24 games.

Demba Ba 6 in 18 games

Everton Test

Jelovic 17 goals in 22 games

Mirallas 3 goals in 4 games

Tottenham Test.

Adebayor 12 Goals in 15 Games

Defoe 10 Goals in 9 Games

i know what ya mean when you say about the gap between the 2 CB'S , with my tactic im think of 3 at the back , cause im scoring for fun but just need to close that gap abit tighter .as im Southampton 1st season ive scored the most but let in neally the most , im 4th atm with 8 games to go , ill look to next season then make a few changers...but well done dave on another MasterPiece :)

Im wondering this aswell.. Im using Neymar in that role. Still doesnt score as much as i wanted to.

Update from my Chelsea savegame.

Won 4 out of 5 trophies my first season. Lost 0-1 away to Man City in the FA cup.

Beat Barca in the CL finales, on penalties though. (and Messi was injured, thank god)

Ive noticed a drop in the last 5-7 games of the season. Kinda worried it will continue through the new season :/

Players went complacent too often etc. :(

After thinking about it - it seems like Neymar scored alot less after he managed to learn the PPM "Places shots" - Anyone know of this ?

Started a new Hearts save for this tactic and pre season results as follows:

Hearts 2-2 Hamburg DRAW

Inverurie Locos 1-3 Hearts WIN

Hearts 2-2 Olympique Lyon DRAW

Hearts 5-1 Althletic Bilbao WIN

Check out the latest result - totally insane - gave away a lot of possession (35-65) but when we had the ball we were immense. The attacking potency of this tactic is mental - Bilbao didn't have an answer. As for their goal, well you cant keep Fernando Llorente out for the whole 90 minutes can you! ;)

Great work so far Mr Hough - cheers.

I was playing as 4 at the back and i relaised i always had a space in the middle for the CB to run through with neither of my CB's really picking him up,so i pulled a Player into the CB and that sorted it to some point, I was still being very leaky though playing an aggressive mentality, I then pulled the Mentailty right back and changed the marking from zonal to marking.

That helped the defence alot.

I know about the issues regarding the through balls over the top, I've alreay tried dropping the D-Line back but it didn't work and became unstable.

So you suggest to change marking to Manmarking, and not leave it at zonal marking?

always good to see a tactic from Mr Hough. I've used the Best so Far for a while from FM12. but it's not so effective in FM13, so i will give this one a try with my West Ham save as had a shocking losing run at the end of the 1st season, just starting the 2nd season so will give this a try.

Don't suppose you're looking at another 4-1-2-3 in the near future?...I love that formation.

you've not made a bad tactic so far, and my own attempts are faily hit and miss.

Not had the best of runs with this using Huddersfield, tends to be quite inconsistent even when the tactic reaches full familiarity. Part of the problem I feel is that once you're out of the top tier it is hard to find any wing backs that fit the criteria and/or are affordable. That's my only specific criticism, and it's perhaps more down to the quirks of the ME than the tactic itself.

Seems to be working great with the big boys though Mr Hough, so I might give it a go with a Prem team in the future. Cheers.

Premiership = 14 (-2)

Championship = 13 (-2)

League 2 = 12 (-1)

Blue Sq = 10 (-1)

Approximate appropriate attributes and leagues. Bracket allows for the lower end for some minor attribute decreases if you dont get any results from player searches. Say for example Goalkeeping - Command of Area, if you classed this as a minor attribute you could drop this to 12 at premiership level.

Would appreciate a answer from somebody who has used Spurs with this tactic regarding the wing backs! Use Bale/Lennon and retrain them or Ekotto/Walker or Bale/walker or what :)

You are looking for these attributes Pace Dribbling Crossing Marking Tackling Positioning Anticipation.

So quick look at the stats of those players and I would say personally use Bale and Walker, Lennon doesnt have much going for him defensively, he really is just about speed, you need the more rounded players, although if you are in need of goals bring on lennon to try and create more. Ekotto I would retrain as RWB so he can cover both positions as a spare for you.

Hope this helps

You are looking for these attributes Pace Dribbling Crossing Marking Tackling Positioning Anticipation.

So quick look at the stats of those players and I would say personally use Bale and Walker, Lennon doesnt have much going for him defensively, he really is just about speed, you need the more rounded players, although if you are in need of goals bring on lennon to try and create more. Ekotto I would retrain as RWB so he can cover both positions as a spare for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate.. That helps :)

Thanks mate.. That helps :)

I have the same issue with Man Utd, because I had bought Reus to play on the right wing before i realised wingers just dont seem to work very well so ive temp moved the wingbacks to wide mids which is unstable defensively but means i can use players like Reus, Kagawa and Nani on the wings while Reus retrains to play RWB with Baines on the other side

Archived