FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013-2014 Season

Premiership

1RkPW.png

Sadly we couldn't retain our title this season, way too many silly draws cost us the league but I'm confident we can win it back, just need to improve the squad.

FA Cup

SAPI1.png

Fantastic result as we won the FA Cup for the second season in a row, not best pleased with three injuries to key players but its always great to beat Arsenal especially with two ex-players in Wilshere and RVP scoring again them.

Capital One Cup

VVvm5.png

Simply; the result of the season as we retained the Cap One for the second season in a row and trashed City, best result I've had in FM 2013 so far.

Anyone know if Ben Amos is any good? Just in pre season for start of second season and had to sell Lindegard as he started to act like a dick so sold him lol

Ben Amos turns into a good back up. Easy to manage too, never complains about first team matches does his job when called into the team. Doubt he will be 1st choice.

How much have people been able to improve De Gea on FM13?

Am wondering whether to stick with him or focus my attention elsewhere.

Stick with him, seems to be one of the best GK's in the world after a couple of seasons.

try for more if you want to sell.

I dont use Neymar as a striker, I use him on the Left Midfield set to winger, as these positions (left and right) are currently the ones pushing forward and dribbling. so Neymar more effective there, scored a fair few from rebounds from his shots.

so i'm up to the small international break in October, currently top of the champions league group after beating Dormund 3-0 and sat 2nd in the premier league by 3 points, due to playing 1 game less then the leaders...... Aston villa, both of us remain unbeaten.

how are you playing him please mate? Really struggling to get the best out of him!

I'm playing him as a advanced forward with a inside forward (Fellaini or Rooney) behind him.. he is scoring a lot in his third season (after the update.. before the update he was not that good for me)

Just got my take-over in the third season,David Gill takes over and doesn't invest any money :thdn:

You will get a lot of money in your fourth season .. that is what happened in mine (Gill took over and gave me in the fourth season 125m (euro))

I was not going to bother with this seasons edition due to kids and work etc, then steam offered it for 50% off so i did!!

however i am finding it really difficult. my team is by no way rubbish (default squad with fellaini as only purchase) i cant seem to get a working tactic at all. i just use the TC as im not very good at creating them so i resorted to downloading others but not having much luck with them either. used modern warfare recently which is supposed to be amazing(i failed very quickly using it).

i cant score and concede for fun, very frustrating! i will keep going and hopefully figure it out before i get sacked.

in earlier posts i see people are having great success with it and im just wondering how you come up with your tactics? how you decide on player roles etc?

well i stuck with and by no means have i cracked it but my current tactic seems to be doing ok or at least better than the others.

gone for a 32311 formation.will take SS when i figure out how to

its basically

cb x 3 ( cb set to defend )

wb x 2 ( wb set to attack only change is to hug touchline)

cm x 3 ( 2 cm to support. central 1 set to DLP set to defend)

am x 1 (set to treq)

fwd x 1 (set to complete fwd)

team instructions set to balanced/control.

passing shorter,

more expressive,

press more,

tackling and marking and roaming left to default

crossing set to drill.

specific instructions

def line left to default

width and tempo changed to 7 clicks to left (from default settings)

passing changed to down flanks

counter attack changed to yes

have only conceded 1 goal since using (8 games) it which was a dodgy penalty against everton! but have only scored 10 so work still to do.

if any one can help in scoring more i would be greatful as im not sure about the treq/com fwd combination

I'm sorry realised this post is more about the tactic than the team so if some one could move it to its correct place

My apologies again

well i stuck with and by no means have i cracked it but my current tactic seems to be doing ok or at least better than the others.

gone for a 32311 formation.will take SS when i figure out how to

its basically

cb x 3 ( cb set to defend )

wb x 2 ( wb set to attack only change is to hug touchline)

cm x 3 ( 2 cm to support. central 1 set to DLP set to defend)

am x 1 (set to treq)

fwd x 1 (set to complete fwd)

team instructions set to balanced/control.

passing shorter,

more expressive,

press more,

tackling and marking and roaming left to default

crossing set to drill.

specific instructions

def line left to default

width and tempo changed to 7 clicks to left (from default settings)

passing changed to down flanks

counter attack changed to yes

have only conceded 1 goal since using (8 games) it which was a dodgy penalty against everton! but have only scored 10 so work still to do.

if any one can help in scoring more i would be greatful as im not sure about the treq/com fwd combination

I'm sorry realised this post is more about the tactic than the team so if some one could move it to its correct place

My apologies again

To take a ss press alt and f9 mate

pathetic!!!!

im currently managing man utd and top of the league, but not all going to plan!!

i am having no luck with RVP...

ive played him as a deep attacker, complete forward, advanced foward and even a adv playmaker.

he has scored 2 goals in 12 apperances.

i play to his strengths i.e. play to feet, let him roam, take long shots and even main playmaker.

ive always had this problem with rvp over previous fm games

do i sell??

How much have people been able to improve De Gea on FM13?

Am wondering whether to stick with him or focus my attention elsewhere.

dont sell de gea.....i sold lindegard and de gea played all matches with amos as backup. trained him as goalkeeper heavy. Now he has handling 18, pos 17, agility 18, OOO 18, ref 20, ae 16, COA 18, COMM 13 which will be improved with experience

I'd be curious to know if anyone has got Van Persie scoring goals for fun. The guys stats are amazing and all i got in his 2 seasons before i sold him due to declining stats was, Played 65, Scored 29, Assists 24.

Most of his assists were because he took my corners and 5 of his goals were penalties.

All i can say is why did i wait so long to spend £50m on Falcao as he drags us to our first European Cup win in my 3rd season. Absolute beast.

Despite losing Gareth Bale to injury early in the second half and Tom cleverley being given his marching orders that man Falcao struck in the 93rd minute to claim his hat-trick and win it for us. Mental, magical moment.

championsleaguewin.png

falcaom.jpg

I started as United the night before last after failing miserably on a Pompey save. It's the first big club I've been on FM13 and so far I'm really enjoying it. Nice to be able to buy some of the big boys, but you also get the added pressure of being expected to win all the time. This is how I've got on so far..

1st Feb 2013

League - Going okay in the league, 2 points clear at the top after 24 games. Only games I've lost were 2-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and 3-1 to Arsenal at Old Trafford. Probably deserved to win both games but two lampard long shots and Arsenal scoring 3 despite having no CCC's have cost me. Drawing too many games for my liking too.

EKRDW.png

Cups - Still in all 3 cup competitions. Got Arsenal at Wembley coming up in the Capital One Cup, a replay at Old Trafford against Reading in the FA Cup, and I've drawn Dortmund in the last 16 of the Champions League after finishing second to Montpellier in the groups due to playing youngsters and back up players in those games.

Transfers - From what I've read, opinions are divided on whether you need to sign players for United, but as it was my first big club, I spent every penny, all over 48 months as well. A couple of players left and a few went out on loan. For anyone wondering about Welbeck, he simply didn't feature in my plans this season. May even loan him out next season too.

OPyA6.png

Formation and tactics - Using mainly a 4-2-3-1 formation, except for away games against big teams, where I'm using a 4-3-3 with wingers.

Aims for rest of season

-Win League

-Win FA Cup

-Win League Cup

-Get to final of Champions League

RVP injured for 5-6 weeks for me :( scored 12 in 16 for me

and you do need to sign players, my team is immence now, partly due to building tactics around the current match engine and player strengths

and Tony V keeps doing this

[video=youtube;HTkL3TDE3Ho]

[video=youtube;VuefdGRvM8k]

someone had a rather good game, that was Neymars 4th

90065E6F53623C54D660A8F983E92A3D6648C806

Valencia has been awesome for me too. Highrest rated player in the league with 7.74 rating for league games and 7 goals and 6 assists in league games.

Does anyone else seem to have RVP missing quite a few pens? He's taken 8, scored 5 and missed 3 in my game. Thinking about passing them on to Wazza.

Also, I've noticed that almost everyone is playing a 4-2-3-1. I'm toying with the idea of a 4-2-4 formation for my second season. Something like..

Goalkeeper - Defend

Full back - Support

Centre back - Defend

Centre back - Defend

Full back - Support

Anchor man - Defend

Deep lying playmaker - Support (in a CM slot)

Winger - Attack (AMR slot)

Winger - Attack (AML slot)

Deep lying forward - Support

Advanced Forward - Attack

Opinions? Don't be shy in telling me if it's suicide to play that formation.. At the same time, let me know if you think it could work.

I started as United the night before last after failing miserably on a Pompey save. It's the first big club I've been on FM13 and so far I'm really enjoying it. Nice to be able to buy some of the big boys, but you also get the added pressure of being expected to win all the time. This is how I've got on so far..

1st Feb 2013

League - Going okay in the league, 2 points clear at the top after 24 games. Only games I've lost were 2-1 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and 3-1 to Arsenal at Old Trafford. Probably deserved to win both games but two lampard long shots and Arsenal scoring 3 despite having no CCC's have cost me. Drawing too many games for my liking too.

EKRDW.png

Cups - Still in all 3 cup competitions. Got Arsenal at Wembley coming up in the Capital One Cup, a replay at Old Trafford against Reading in the FA Cup, and I've drawn Dortmund in the last 16 of the Champions League after finishing second to Montpellier in the groups due to playing youngsters and back up players in those games.

Transfers - From what I've read, opinions are divided on whether you need to sign players for United, but as it was my first big club, I spent every penny, all over 48 months as well. A couple of players left and a few went out on loan. For anyone wondering about Welbeck, he simply didn't feature in my plans this season. May even loan him out next season too.

OPyA6.png

Formation and tactics - Using mainly a 4-2-3-1 formation, except for away games against big teams, where I'm using a 4-3-3 with wingers.

Aims for rest of season

-Win League

-Win FA Cup

-Win League Cup

-Get to final of Champions League

Could you please upload your tactic ?

Could you please upload your tactic ?

I don't do this sorry mate, simply because I don't want to leave myself open for criticism. My tactics are very simple however. I use the tactic creator to make a tactic that utilises the players at the club. I don't change anything about the tactic once created apart from turning down long shots. I'm still tinkering with formations myself to be honest.

so sad... didn't win Manager of the month

despite winning

7-0

7-0

9-1

1-0

first 7-0 you already seen (Sunderland)

2nd is....

A9BBFEADCF306E5542323BE711DB582E0CF12229

here is a vid of the goals to enjoy

[video=youtube;4X0LwLuFKFw]

Xavi free kick is special :D