FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

yea i was looking at Thiago myself. but having Xavi, Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini there I didn't need much, so picked up a newgen off Barca i have been after, my rep is now better then Barcas so i can actually buy thier newgens

EC63ABFCA4F2A61149A95F8BC386617602CEA19A

him and Boadas are both Barca CM youth intakes, and both have high passing which fits in currently this guy has the added bonus of playing LMF as well but no pace so will have to see how that works out.

C908433B00301D1921CA6917722290B7281EF683

oh and my freebie, can play CM as well, and also has decent passing and possibly a decent tutor for the youth players

the problem I have with Neymar is I have 5 strikers, and use a flat 4-4-2 now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea i was looking at Thiago myself. but having Xavi, Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini there I didn't need much, so picked up a newgen off Barca i have been after, my rep is now better then Barcas so i can actually buy thier newgens

EC63ABFCA4F2A61149A95F8BC386617602CEA19A

him and Boadas are both Barca CM youth intakes, and both have high passing which fits in currently this guy has the added bonus of playing LMF as well but no pace so will have to see how that works out.

C908433B00301D1921CA6917722290B7281EF683

oh and my freebie, can play CM as well, and also has decent passing and possibly a decent tutor for the youth players

the problem I have with Neymar is I have 5 strikers, and use a flat 4-4-2 now.

Ahh i'd love Xavi, how did you manage to get him? How much and what wage is he on with you? Going to scout him now and just see if hes interested.

edit; scouting him and my scout gave him 3 stars lol? hes not interested either way also weird that as soon as I scout Xavi Barcelona offer me the job ha.

Xavi was 25m in january 2014, it got accepted he on 145k/w though but was down on his demands of 225k/w

actually got him in as tutor for Boadas (who is tipped as next Xavi ;)) and also because i needed another CM as i had 3. which gets hard to rotate after a while. he is superb, for his age, scored a few goals, got an insane number of assists and was probably responsable for a few of those clean sheets when i play him in CM with Carrick and they play keepball.

it will say he isn't interested it did when i set my DOF to sign him, bid for him, you might get lucky

Didnt even realise how old he is lol. Explains the 3 stars given by my scout. Do you set it as automatic for the DOF to bid?

edit; had a 4 million bid accepted but his agent saying Xavi has no interest in even discussing terms. Ahh well

does anyone else take ages to get through pre season, thats my favourite part about FM, taken me a good few solid hours of scouting, buying, selling, friendlies etc

Anyone got any recommendations for RB to act as decent cover for Rafeal for under 5mill (or loan)? Rafa picked up an injury in the first game of season 1 and will be out for 2 months and my other injuries mean I can't play Smalling/jones there but I don't want to spend silly money on so,done like Walker just to act as cover

Hey guys, looking for a bit of help with my tactic i'm currently using.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 at present with a rigid and control style, the players/roles i'm using are as follows:

GK: DeGea - Sweeper Keeper

DR: Rafael - Full Back (Support)

DC: Smalling - Ball playing defender

DC: Vidic - Central defender

DL: Evra - Wing back (Support)

CM: Carrick - Deep lying playmaker (Defend)

CM: Cleverley - Deep lying playmaker (Support)

AMR: Valencia - Winger (Attack)

AMC: Rooney - Attacking Midfielder (Attack)

AML: Kagawa - Advanced Playmaker (Attack)

CF: RVP - Deep lying forward (Attack)

I have counter attack ticked and don't use playmakers or target men.

The team is picking up results but i'm struggling to get any sort of performances out of Rooney or RVP. They are struggling to score and when I'm watching the games they both seem to be struggling. Rooney doesn't seem to be getting on the ball and there are very few chances created for RVP. I want to stick with the 4231 formation and i'm happy enough with the performance of the rest of the team at present.

If anyone could give me some advice this i'd greatly appreciate it.

First two seasons I had the same formation, although I've now dropped both CM's back to DM's. I use Kagawa as an Inside Forward with Rooney as an Advanced Playmaker, to good success.

I try to make more of a successful team, as apart from individuals though. Currently in April 2015 (third season): RVP has 20 goals and 15 assists; Hernandez 20 and 9, Rooney 15 and 8, Kagawa 11 and 10, Young 13 and 7, Nani 8 and 10, Dzagoev 7 and 8 and my best player Valencia has 18 and 23.

I'm looing at af ball wining midfielder. Should i go for Fellaini for 5 mill £ + Cleverley or Arturo Vidal for 35 mill £. Vidal is about my transfer budget but i'm not looking at other players so i'm ok with spending the 35 mill for Vidal. But who would you get?

I think you are crowding the space too much for RVP, Rooney & Kagawa.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 also and have it set up as the AML is an AP(A), the AMC is an AP (S) and the CF is a Trequartista. My theory is that the Trequartista can roam a lot and find space, he doesn't have any sort of closing down so isn't chasing the ball about, all he is doing is looking for space. he AML & the AMC are there to provide support to the Treq and the IF I have playing on the AMR.

I think you are crowding the space too much for RVP, Rooney & Kagawa.

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 also and have it set up as the AML is an AP(A), the AMC is an AP (S) and the CF is a Trequartista. My theory is that the Trequartista can roam a lot and find space, he doesn't have any sort of closing down so isn't chasing the ball about, all he is doing is looking for space. he AML & the AMC are there to provide support to the Treq and the IF I have playing on the AMR.

How has that worked out for you? Was contemplating using RVP in that role and switching Rooney to Advanced playmaker(mainly cause Mike Phelan keeps telling me to train him in that role and its his best rated role in the AMC)

ManUtd_zps35df275a.png

Yes, it may only be bottom of the league West Ham, but at present my tactic is working about as well as it can. Won me a third successive EPL, final of the FA Cup against Pool, Capital One Cup already won and semi's of the Champions League. Roles as follows:

RVP: DLF - A

Kagawa: IF - A

Rooney: AP - A

Valencia: W - A

M'Vila: DLP - S

Fletcher: AM - D

How has that worked out for you? Was contemplating using RVP in that role and switching Rooney to Advanced playmaker(mainly cause Mike Phelan keeps telling me to train him in that role and its his best rated role in the AMC)

It is working okay so far. I am in the 3rd season, but only just joined Manchester United from Tottenham at the start of this season.

At Spurs I had:

AML Belhanda (AP/S)

AMC Adryan (Treq)

AMR Bale (IF/A)

CF Llorente (DLF/A) or Adebayor (CF/A)

With United at the moment I am playing:

AML Coutinho (AP/A)

AMC Eriksen (AP/S)

AMR Van Persie (IF/A) or Rooney (IF/A)

CF Neymar (Treq)

At spurs in the 2 seasons I was there I won the FA Cup, the Capitol One cup, the Europa League and the Super Cup. I also finished 3rd in the first season and 2nd in the second season and reached the Champions League final in the 2nd season (lost 1-0 to Barcelona).

At United I have only played 10 games, won 9 and lost 1 (2-1 away to Arsenal - rubbish performance).

The movement I get from the front 4 is really good. The only area I am not really happy with is Van Persie/Rooney as the AMR IFA. I am not really getting great performances out of either of them. They are doing okay, but I kind of feel I am forcing them to play where is not natural. I might have to look at getting rid of both of them in January and bringing in someone like Bale who is excellent in that position, or change the AMR to a Winger and play Nani there. Not sure yet.

Just finished my third season.

Won the EPL for the third time in a row with a nice goal difference and points (EPL record on my save) . I'm unbeaten in 41 EPL games and i can achieve more in the fourth season.. (record of arsenal is 46 ?)

epltable14-15_zpsdb29c4e1.jpg

41gamesunbeaten_zps03bc5936.jpg

statsepl14-15_zps844431af.jpg

I bought Wilshere in the january transfer window .

I still have to play one game, CL final against Barcelona .. that is for next year !

End of Season 3

Capitial one Cup

Again knocked out early but only use it for players youngsters.

FA Cup

LiverpoolvManUtd_OverviewOverview_zps6a7e6571.png

Champions League

TottenhamvManUtd_OverviewOverview_zps2725cd5b.png

Final was pretty easy but getting there was'nt. In the 1/4 final I lost the 1st leg 3-1 to Real Madrid but at home managed to win by the same score and go through on penalities.Semi Final was against Barcelona my nemesis team in this game, I managed to scrape a 2-1 win in the 1st leg at their place but at home tore them apart and won 4-2.

League

Won this won quite easy with goals nicely spread about and again had an impressive home record.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zps038b1d07.png

Squad

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers-3_zps581ed874.png

Overall I'm happy with the squad but next season will start blooding some youngsters to hopefully get them to meet their potential.

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers-4_zpsdd50347f.png

to help us get a better understanding could you give us more information about your tactic?

Well at the moment I'm playing a balanced counter attacking system, with an AML as inside forward, 2 CMs and 1 MR. Rooney is deep lying forward support, and i've been swapping RVP between poacher and complete forward but neither is getting results. I have no idea why he isn't performing, but I can't keep playing him ahead of Hernandez, he's been terrible.

Just finished my third season.

Won the EPL for the third time in a row with a nice goal difference and points (EPL record on my save) . I'm unbeaten in 41 EPL games and i can achieve more in the fourth season.. (record of arsenal is 46 ?)

epltable14-15_zpsdb29c4e1.jpg

41gamesunbeaten_zps03bc5936.jpg

statsepl14-15_zps844431af.jpg

I bought Wilshere in the january transfer window .

I still have to play one game, CL final against Barcelona .. that is for next year !

Impressive goals haul from RVP, how are you playing him?

I would bet DLF, for some reason they storm in and head in crosses, and always get ahead of the poachers. i got a rediculous output from Rooney in DLF.

getting crazy offers for players.

Sold Evans for 8 million

Martin Olsson for 9.75m

bought this monster for £19.75m

038477A63D4223DA876F67A72EA956419B4D1147

RVP just got injured in my first match. 8 months out. FFS

He seems to be way too injury prone. Strangly it seems that since last years game his injury proneness has been increased and his skills lowered despite him having his best season at Arsenal last year and with no major injuries.

So far this season I have played 21 competitive games and he has only been fit for 11 of them. And of those 11 he has only finished 4 games with him picking up injuries. And he has only scored 4 goals compared to Rooney's 10 in 18, Hernandez 6 in 9 and Welbecks 4 in 11

RvP 199 Minutes per Goal

Rooney 106 Minutes per Goal

Welbeck 181 Minutes per Goal

Hernandez 96 minutes per goal

As you can see like others hard to justify picking him ahead of Hernandez,

Archived