FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

Man United 2012/13:

Here are my transfers for the first window, managed to send out some of my youngsters on loans at clubs where they will play regular.

25pmvky.png

Decided to slash the majority on Felliani, and he's been a beast from set pieces for me, as Chelsea found out :D

2d6o09y.png

Handed a potentially tough group in the Champions League, with PSG, Valencia and Cluj, but the opening game win away at PSG should help.

13z1stc.png

So, overall, a good solid start:

2poxs9d.png

:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left midfield or Centre Midfield

had a good club world cup

DF4062AF902833661CDE73AD0E81D1735E74B43C

30FA7988D8CF0EB14B198ABF1A38EE4C188C1174

I think every registered player made some sort of appearance,except injured ones obviously, Valencias goal was good in the first game, then Redomond scored a better one :D.

Hummels took golden boot and I took the goalscoring record.

went back to the league and form very much continued, smashed Wigan, would have scored more if my playemaker wasn't sent off :(. struggled to a 3-1 win against cardiff as i was resting key players for the next match

76B57075AE2A64B79C89A05018223153E293DDFC

liverpool changed formation to narrow 4-2-3-1 instead of that irritating line of 5 midfielders, they got punished for that :D

currently quite a few goals coming from Midfield rather then strikers, which i like to see :D

Anyone got any tips on the following:

• Getting the full backs (Evra, Rafael) to actually block crosses?

• Team Talks away from home?

I'd say 80% of the goals I'm conceding are coming from crosses and its doing my head in!

80% of mine are from Inderect free kicks... dispite having 1 1/2 seasons of constant set piece defending training

well nearly done with January, with Xavi, Carrick, Evra and Ashley Cole retiring at the end of the season. left back is an issue, but CMF has been cleared out, also frred up 2 registration places for my new signings, also looking at some very cheap semi decent africans to train up to play in left back in the future. all more wing backs so hoping for some Rafael style players that can play on the left with rafa bombing up the right.

my Board tried to sign Pjanic for 40m.. lucky contract fell through

because.....

5E90F1357BF93C2DECCB8E12276042030C7E3A39

I got him for £38m, ended up on the RMF was hoping he would be like Tony V and tear through defences with his dribbling, turns out he does it more like Alaba and works the ball rather then running with it, got MOM in his debut.

still a super player and a decent replacement to Xavis creativity while my newgens just finish developing, as they almost first team now.

1FD670D75AEBC145CACA02593F92CC4874A5A5C7

yea, not played him yet, signed him a few months earlier but had to wait for the window, he picked up a hernia before the window :( was scoring for fun at PSG even at this age. looks like a very handy player to have in the area.

looks like Pjanic is the perfect buy at the current time, plays in the same position of Tony V and has a similar effect on the game, worth every penny

he scored this

[video=youtube;E4MnICxDR2o]

FB7DBD5A0FAA1875708B623DDA34E95945C3BF2B

in this match

also now 4 points clear, with 1 game in hand (soon to be 2 games in hand as that was an early kick off), my assistant beat nearest rivals spurs 3-1 away.

well then, some stuff

midway through Feb, pulled out a 9 point lead over spurs, my assman beat chelsea away, had a very good performance against Burnley away and a so-so against derby away but both wins, finally got Llorente at a point where i can play him again, ended up in reserves to get match fit, and stayed there.

got 2 goals on his return

loving this guy in Central midfield, he is set to heavy advanced playmaker training, and as my CM spot he sits in is playmaker he is pulling up superb performances, part of the reason for the easy win against burnley in which he scored.

145CCB05CB9922730CBCFEA5D6D0092CF957E2E3

cheap signings as backup and cover, shall see what development happens, all were 900k except 1 at 600k

CF91CB8B48350C414C2A9375DAEA1F658B707BF8

9951BF9E90185E616D013F88FDEE9FA994BBD49C

most technically gifted newgen i have ever seen

D9BB7D83F88E53A0F767A2F4146EF4F1F7CE153B

bit sad when this is the best cover you can find, still cheap.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but after 50 games, Chris Smalling has a contract clause which bumps his wage to £80K from £40K. If you sign him up straight away, you can remove this clause and get him on around £50K.

Also, you can get Rio down from £115K to £85K straight away too.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but after 50 games, Chris Smalling has a contract clause which bumps his wage to £80K from £40K. If you sign him up straight away, you can remove this clause and get him on around £50K.

Also, you can get Rio down from £115K to £85K straight away too.

I was even able do to this after he played 49 games (and I got the warning in the game). Maybe a bit gamey, but I found 80k/wk a bit much for him at that point. He'd better first prove he can perform at that level!

Good luck, I got David Gill and he pumped bugger all in :(

Its gone through and at first I thought he did nothing but I've just checked and all the debt has gone :D

Great result that, means I can make money now. Be interesting to see what kind of transfer budget I get come the summer too.

hey folks, can anyone tell me who signed fellaini if he is worth it? its the wages that are putting me off as when it comes to them i am a bit of a tight ass.

also having problems with vidic, he seems to be upset with my team talks, im not hard on the team at all, and mostly speaking with either passion or assertivly. any body else had similar issues.

Sorry to be a pain, but could anyone give me any screenshots on these players, a few seasons in please? Preferably, the best they've developed with you, with some actual game time and real training :p I just wanna see if it's possible to develop them properly, really.

Mats Daehli, Adnan Januzaj, Nick Powell, Andreas Pereira and Angelo Henriquez if you don't mind! Also, i doubt anyone has it, but possibly Zaha too?

If not, some info on your experiences with them would be good too, but obviously not as good as screenshots

I've found screenshots at the start of the game, after scouring the thread, but not much else! Thanks for any help boys:)

mine is stuck at defending set pieces as well.

won everything again... although not difficult when the league cup final was against Reading and the FA cup final against Burnley >.>

beat spain in the knockout stages of the champions league

Barca

At Madrid

and

7F8B1E990895EC70A3E296486694D932991BE50D

some new arrivals

3E7A91B21BB9F6C329AD5C6B4D809BF15DA91288

only £18m

10F3CF5B1AD1E72CD684542C94313FCD7C68041F

F4EB49E13D0DE5F8007137E37E098BAC9BFECB61

BAFE92702450912D042CA4637A14489A5489B6C3

hopefully i can get this guy to a level of Tony V

God damn, Cleverley (4 months) and Rio (3 months) injured in the same match :miffed: Was doing great for injuries too, suppose I was due a few :D

Got to January 2013, board gave me £14m, so I asked them to sign me Isco for his release fee of £17.5m, to which they duly obliged :cool: Anyone had him? Thought's? I think he could be the perfect replacement for Carrick (possession-wise). Made his debut with a 7.20 rating away at Arsenal anyway.

Season 5 Review

League

This went down to the wire, Arsenal just would'nt go away and managed to win on the last day of the season.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps444e92b2.png

Champions League

Tough this one, played Juventus in the final and managed a 1-0 win, just could'nt put the ball away.

ManUtdvJuventus_OverviewOverview_zps88fe7a0e.png

FA Cup

Again another tough match, Arsenal equalised in the 88th min when i thought it was won but in true Utd style Rooney scored in added time in the 2nd half of extra time :)

ManUtdvArsenal_OverviewOverview_zpsc1c8e1b5.png

League Cup

Actually the first time i've won this cup and to make it sweeter beat Liverpool in the final :D

ManUtdvLiverpool_OverviewOverview_zps6d3e014f.png

Transfers

Quite pleased with the signings this time, Hulk done very well even if his shooting can be quite irrattic. Eriksen was well worth the money and has made that left wing spot his own. Fellani, just wish i had bought him earlier.

ManUtd_TransfersHistory_zpsc699fdbd.png

Squad

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers_zps198c3bf6.png

Have a nice mixture of experiance and youth. Welbeck wants to go so have sold him for £36.5m, Vidic is retiring and I've listed Van Persie and Strootman. Looking to push some more youngsters into the squad. Overall I'm pretty happy with the squad, not sure about transfer targets yet for the new season as i stated want to bring some younger players in.

Congrats mate, well done.

Nice squad there, I've only added Bale & Isco so far as players for United (and Jores Okore, but I'll be selling him on for a profit). But got my eyes on Luke Shaw, Kyle Walker and Kurt Zouma in the near future for the defense.

Congrats mate, well done.

Nice squad there, I've only added Bale & Isco so far as players for United (and Jores Okore, but I'll be selling him on for a profit). But got my eyes on Luke Shaw, Kyle Walker and Kurt Zouma in the near future for the defense.

Cheers :)

I've signed Bale before but he never seems to work for me but i do like the look of Zouma as like to have 4 CB's. As for Shaw i signed a regen Liam miles who is looking quailty at 19 already :) Kyle Walker has been steady for me and great to rotate but always pick him for big games

hey all , anyone else struggling away from home. pld 20 won 14 lost 3 drawn 3. LOst my last 3 away games , 2 in league and 1 in the fa cup to liverpool 3-0.

my team is

de gea

rafeal ferdinand vidic evra

carrick cleverley

lennon rooney bale

rvp

with these guys coming in,

giggs , scholes, hernandez,welbeck, jones smalling evans young kagawa

Never mind i used a different formation away from home and in the big games , ended up winning the league on the last day and the champions league

Lads, simple question, how the hell do I get Van Persie to score?

I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1 in my second season.

De Gea in goals, Rafael and Fabio at full back, Smalling and Vidic in the middle, a midfield of Carrick/Cabaye as a DLP and Fletcher/Cabaye as a CM(D). THe problem is the front four. I usually use Van Persie as a DLF(S) and he's not scoring at all, whether I use attacking inside forwards, support IFs, or support wingers. Just can't get a goal out of the lad.

Any advice?

Right then, retiring players, that you want to sign as a coach, what is the best way to go about it?

For examples, I've asked Paul Scholes to become a coach, and has started straight away, so I've gone to give him a contract, and because he's still earning £30K as a player, he wants £25K as a coach. Do you have to wait until the end of the season?

Right then, retiring players, that you want to sign as a coach, what is the best way to go about it?

For examples, I've asked Paul Scholes to become a coach, and has started straight away, so I've gone to give him a contract, and because he's still earning £30K as a player, he wants £25K as a coach. Do you have to wait until the end of the season?

Wait to they retire and then offer contract, Vidic retired on mine, offered him coach role and he only wanted £5k

De Gea in goals, Rafael and Fabio at full back, Smalling and Vidic in the middle, a midfield of Carrick/Cabaye as a DLP and Fletcher/Cabaye as a CM(D). THe problem is the front four. I usually use Van Persie as a DLF(S) and he's not scoring at all, whether I use attacking inside forwards, support IFs, or support wingers. Just can't get a goal out of the lad.

Any advice?

Try him with an attack duty like Advanced Forward - Attack or Complete Forward - Attack. He can even score goals as a Complete Forward - Support.

Also, usually in a 4-2-3-1, you have to get the AMC and ST to complement each other. So with a DLF - Support, try an Attacking Midfielder - Attack or Trequartista - Attack at AMC.

Just taken over United in 2016, and after a couple of tweaks, have got a pretty nice team to work with. Guardiola, Ferguson's replacement made some pretty nice signings, and I'd be given a squad that included Neymar, Hamsik, Wilshere, Yarmolenko and Yttergard Jenssen, but there was something missing, that something just happened to be a certain Lionel Messi. So, out went Rooney for £30m, and in came the main man Messi for £130m. He might be on £250k a week, which rises to £350k after 5 games, but boy is it worth it.

Here's my current XI:

-----------------------------De Gea---------------------------------------

---Smalling-----------Jones---------Vidic--------------Evra-------------

----------------------Hamsik-------Wilshere-----------------------------

---Kagawa------------------Messi--------------------Yarmolenko--------

-----------------------------Neymar---------------------------------------

Very nice little XI that, with Van Persie, Yttergard, Shaqiri, Powell, Mokotjo and Isimat-Mirin as back-ups, we're looking pretty good!

Just taken over United in 2016, and after a couple of tweaks, have got a pretty nice team to work with. Guardiola, Ferguson's replacement made some pretty nice signings, and I'd be given a squad that included Neymar, Hamsik, Wilshere, Yarmolenko and Yttergard Jenssen, but there was something missing, that something just happened to be a certain Lionel Messi. So, out went Rooney for £30m, and in came the main man Messi for £130m. He might be on £250k a week, which rises to £350k after 5 games, but boy is it worth it.

Here's my current XI:

-----------------------------De Gea---------------------------------------

---Smalling-----------Jones---------Vidic--------------Evra-------------

----------------------Hamsik-------Wilshere-----------------------------

---Kagawa------------------Messi--------------------Yarmolenko--------

-----------------------------Neymar---------------------------------------

Very nice little XI that, with Van Persie, Yttergard, Shaqiri, Powell, Mokotjo and Isimat-Mirin as back-ups, we're looking pretty good!

what database are you using

steam is buggy. but

2013022200001.jpg

I call this great development.

2013022000002.jpg

a DM as cover, busquets was available at a few million more, but this guy is younger. plus it was like £35m, board did the deal, good wages.

2013022000001d.jpg

result of the preseason

2013022200004.jpg

another young defender, excluding Vidic my oldest defender is Hummels at 27 lol

Any advice?

I used to play with 2 up front and rvp was awesome as poacher, especially when along side Llorente who was target man

2012/13 Season Review

Just completed the 2012/13 season, came away with a domestic double. :)

Won the league comfortably in the end, by 10 points, and had to contend without Vidic, Rio, Cleverley and Jones for most of the back end of the season. Also untimely injuries to Isco, Carrick, and Anderson leaving my midfield down to its bare bones.

2hr1rpx.png

In the domestic cups, Manchester City knocked me out on away goals in the Semi Final of the Capital One cup, but I made up for that with a convincing win in the FA Cup final:

5u20ed.png

I had a brilliant Champions League run, knocking out Chelsea and then drawing 0-0 away in Madrid and thumping them 3-0 at Old Trafford set me up with a repeat of 1999 against Bayern Munich. Unfortunately, Rio Ferdinand had the worse game of his life, letting Gomez mug him off for what turned out for the winner, Evra desperately wanted to out-do him, so got himself a red card. After that, Bayern dominated and ran out deserved winners :(

24buepy.png

My ins/outs for the season:

2vrtrpi.png

Off the back of a successful season, the board offered me a 5-year-deal with the promise of atacking football, and developing players from out youth system. Luckily, this season's youth intake has provided me with a striker who could become the best of his generation, Ellis Chant. Elsewhere, Nick Powell has had a superb season at Aston Villa on loan. I won Manager of the Season, RVP won PFA Player of the Year, Rooney won FWA Footballer of the Year and De Gea won Golden Glove.

Looking forward, I'm going to have a mini clear out this Summer, loosing some of the deadwood, and bringing back some of the loanees, named Fabio and Zaha.

Roll on next season!

Archived