FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the takeover in my save, from November 2014 to May 2017 I've been given £1.1B in transfer budgets, and that's without adjusting sliders.

bloody hell !!!

Ive just brought back Ronaldo (cost £120m) and also got Falcao (£44m) as was transfer listed. May need another left back as Fabio is always injured as cover for Alaba

Since the takeover in my save, from November 2014 to May 2017 I've been given £1.1B in transfer budgets, and that's without adjusting sliders.

bloody hell !!!

Ive just brought back Ronaldo (cost £120m) and also got Falcao (£44m) as was transfer listed. May need another left back as Fabio is always injured as cover for Alaba

Yeah, no problem.

Their mental stats let a few of them down big time. Butt has 4 and a half stars for tactics training, and Gary and Phil Neville are both 4 star coaches so they're some of the best in the game. Rio and Giggs are 3 and a half star but I'll bare with them, see if they improve.

Nicky Butt (I think he's at Utd at the start of the game, but just incase):

3sTli.jpg

Ryan Giggs:

QM2O6.jpg

Gary Neville:

48YbR.jpg

Phil Nevile:

72BVB.jpg

Rio:

Pxjhp.jpg

Overall:

IYDjG.jpg

Loving the look of my coaches. It was initially just for the sake of having them at the club, I wouldn't really of cared if they weren't good coaches, but it turns out they actually are which is a plus.

Bwh1M.jpg

You Missed Peter Schmeichel , i have him from the start and he is ok !

finished my second season.. it went hard with the injuries.. bale, Van Persie, Rooney, Jones they all had one or two injuries (between two and three months)..

Won the Com.shield, won the world cup for clubs and won the EPL on the last day (finished four points above Spurs and Chelsea).

Lost in the quarter finals against Barcelona after Pen's.. i played without 7 first choice player in that game.. an amazing performance..

Old trafford will be expanded again to 100 000 and got 45milj (euro) to spend.. I missed out on Neymar(he went to Barca) , i signed Cabaye and then i decided to invest again in a lot of youngsters. Signed Will Hughes from Derby for 7.5milj , a lot of regens ..

This is my squad in 2014/2015 :

GK : De Gea - Lindegard - Ben Amos

DL: Evra - Fabio

DC: Vidic - Hummels - Evans - Smalling - Doran (from youth intake , 17year, five star dc !)

DR: Santon - Rafael

ML: Bale - Kagawa - Brady(get's a chance in the pre season )

MCL: Jones - Fletcher - Powell

MCR: Cabaye - Cleverly - Will Hughes

MR: Valencia - Nani

AMC: Fellaini - Rooney

SC: V Persie - Hernandez - Wellbeck

Close to the first team but will be loaned out (again) : Henriquez - Dzagoev - Svennson - Adryan

Hey guys,

Any suggestions for a new creative midfielder for my Man Utd side? I am using Anderson as Advanced Playmaker on a support duty but want another creative midfielder with better passing, creativity and flair. Hope you can help me out here. I am playing first season in December with a 20 million transfer budget.

Thank you

Hey guys,

Any suggestions for a new creative midfielder for my Man Utd side? I am using Anderson as Advanced Playmaker on a support duty but want another creative midfielder with better passing, creativity and flair. Hope you can help me out here. I am playing first season in December with a 20 million transfer budget.

Thank you

joao moutinho

I can get Hamsik for 15 million. I really like his stats except his determination which is 13 :O Anyone with experience with Hamsik as a advanced playmaker with support duty? I really like the looks of Moutinhos stats except his flair which I think is a little low at 12, Moutinho is expensige though - 30 mio.

Who should I pick?

Hamsik I play in CM when I buy him, scores a few from there.

quite a few united players have low Determination

you could use one of your strkers as advanced playmaker, and concentrate on Central roles

bit of a wildcard but.

passing, creativity and flair

Kaisuke Honda has 16 passing 16 creativity and 15 flair

also 18 Determination, i'm picking him up now on a free for the end of the 2nd season.

I bought Hamsik for 15 million pounds and will play him as Advanced Playmaker(support) in the CM position. Any recommendations for a backup right winger for Valencia? I have sold Nani and Young and have Bale and Valencia on the wings.

How do you play RVP? I am playing with Rooney as DLF/support with RVP beside of him as Advanced Forward. RVP has not scored in almost 11 hours with this setup, while Rooney is scoring goals for fun. Any advice or do I just have to be patient?

Thanks

I bought Hamsik for 15 million pounds and will play him as Advanced Playmaker(support) in the CM position. Any recommendations for a backup right winger for Valencia? I have sold Nani and Young and have Bale and Valencia on the wings.

How do you play RVP? I am playing with Rooney as DLF/support with RVP beside of him as Advanced Forward. RVP has not scored in almost 11 hours with this setup, while Rooney is scoring goals for fun. Any advice or do I just have to be patient?

Thanks

I sold Nani and Young and bought Bale too lol. What type of wingers do you use position wise AMR/L or MR/L? If i need to I use Kagawa as a winger sometimes even Welbecks pretty decent because of his speed just put wide play as cut inside. And with RVP try DLF attack and let him take pens, freekicks and right sided corners as least if his not scoring his getting some assists! aha

Hey guys,

Thank you

Will Hughes :)

Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer some advise on my Utd save in 2016. Im not doing too badly, second in prem on goal difference to arsenal in december, so still going strong. Ive had a takeover which cleared debts and pumped money into the cluba season or two ago so i have some extravagant signings. Problem is, my formation seems to be getting too many forward and crowding the area. This is ruining my attacking play. Just wondering if anyone can offer some advise.

Team:

GK - Ter Stegen (GK Defend)

CB - Papadopoulos (BPD Defend)

CB - Kurt Zouma (CB Cover)

RWB - Rafael (Wing Back Support)

LWB - Jordi Alba (Wing Back Support)

DMC - Daniel De Rossi (Anchorman Defend)

MC - Marco Verrati (DLP Support)

AMC R - Wayne Rooney (Inside Forward attack)

AMC - Jack Wilshere (Adv Playmaker support)

AMC L - Lionel Messi (Inside Forward attack)

ST - Newgen (Target Man attack) - Kind of like Oscar Cardozo stat wise. currently the only one playing well scored 18 in 18 games.

Team is set up as Fluid Movement and Control Mentality as board complained i was not attacknig enough when it was standard or counter.

Medium defensive line, medium tempo, width 3/4 of way towards wide, time wasting about 8 notches.

Struggling to get the 3 AMC involved due to overcrowding.

Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer some advise on my Utd save in 2016. Im not doing too badly, second in prem on goal difference to arsenal in december, so still going strong. Ive had a takeover which cleared debts and pumped money into the cluba season or two ago so i have some extravagant signings. Problem is, my formation seems to be getting too many forward and crowding the area. This is ruining my attacking play. Just wondering if anyone can offer some advise.

Team:

GK - Ter Stegen (GK Defend)

CB - Papadopoulos (BPD Defend)

CB - Kurt Zouma (CB Cover)

RWB - Rafael (Wing Back Support)

LWB - Jordi Alba (Wing Back Support)

DMC - Daniel De Rossi (Anchorman Defend)

MC - Marco Verrati (DLP Support)

AMC R - Wayne Rooney (Inside Forward attack)

AMC - Jack Wilshere (Adv Playmaker support)

AMC L - Lionel Messi (Inside Forward attack)

ST - Newgen (Target Man attack) - Kind of like Oscar Cardozo stat wise. currently the only one playing well scored 18 in 18 games.

Team is set up as Fluid Movement and Control Mentality as board complained i was not attacknig enough when it was standard or counter.

Medium defensive line, medium tempo, width 3/4 of way towards wide, time wasting about 8 notches.

Struggling to get the 3 AMC involved due to overcrowding.

from the looks of it, you have wide players cutting in, a striker who looks to drop deeper (target man) and all in all, its crowding the central areas, limiting your AMC's room. Maybe putting your striker as a poacher or AF so he looks to play off the shoulder, and maybe 1 wide player as a winger will free some room up. Also take a look at the AMC position, what are the forward runs set too, and what are the PPMs of the players playing there? You want them dropping into holes and collecting the ball, so if they have a tendency to get forward when ever possible, you'll find them on the same line as the striker rather then in space.

from the looks of it, you have wide players cutting in, a striker who looks to drop deeper (target man) and all in all, its crowding the central areas, limiting your AMC's room. Maybe putting your striker as a poacher or AF so he looks to play off the shoulder, and maybe 1 wide player as a winger will free some room up. Also take a look at the AMC position, what are the forward runs set too, and what are the PPMs of the players playing there? You want them dropping into holes and collecting the ball, so if they have a tendency to get forward when ever possible, you'll find them on the same line as the striker rather then in space.

yeah good point about the striker, il give that a go, but i dont play with any wide players. Hate using wingers etc, so the AMC are all narrow.

A6774604A15AB9B808C78538F98661494B7CD110

this :D

Swansea had stuffed Oldham 7-1 in thier last match as well >.>

C8D8B5F5832DB416C7AF816491745F684D5D73AE

guy was rated 3 1/2* for some bizzare reason, put him on DoF to buy list anyway then left it, January comes and so does he for 625k and as i expected 5 stars.

so January Arrives, got rid of Young for 7.5m and sent Macheda off on loan to clear some registration space, as Maceda wasn't registered for league as i had 26 players elligable (he was the unlucky one), needed a CM player as mine were being overplayed (only Fletcher Carrick and Fellaini) took a punt, and using some of my transfer budget+ the sale of young to get upfront payments for:

E5F688951B829A1296B733CD3788A075F4CA6078

20m 5m upfront

got his wage demands down from 225k as well.

got him partly because I needed another CM, and partly for tutoring, and he will also last long enough for my newgens to come in hopefully, he is already tutoring Boadas.

Does anyone else follow a strict rotation policy? I have 2 teams which includes great players at every position

0Xqzl.png

a9p5u.png

Its was the best way to keep everyone happy and so far i haven't got any complaints from lack of first team football

Here are the regens

WHi6h.png

yuAni.png

nVVF6.png

RlcO1.png

5cwPA.png

6eCG4.png

This regen is being kept out of starting 11 by Dzagoev and Rooney.

eV3TF.png

I'm having good results with Roo and RVP as DLF-A and Kagawa as AP-A.

By the way, about to start 3rd season and I need a reliable left winger. Young and Nani are simply too inconsistent and Giggs, who was actually quite brilliant, has retired.

I tried Bale but Spurs rejected by £51m offer.

What are Rooney's/RVP's/Kagawa's stats like for this? I'm thinking in terms of Goals/Assists?

Guys, is it only me or there are often high scoring games in FM2013, and i mean 1-sided one's - at least this is what ive noticed readind thru past 7 pages...thrasing 9-1 arsenal or 6-0 (away!) milan isnt too realistic...

As for the subject - did anyone tried playin RvP as DLF or TM ?

Guys, is it only me or there are often high scoring games in FM2013, and i mean 1-sided one's - at least this is what ive noticed readind thru past 7 pages...thrasing 9-1 arsenal or 6-0 (away!) milan isnt too realistic...

No it is with loads of people. Please report this in the feedback section on PC/MAC general discussion. There has been ridiculous results such as 13-0, 7-2, etc a problem a lot of people are experiencing.

Vv2CI.jpg

And DLF

Is it worth starting a United game? I'm playing in the Championship and seeing no issues but I want to start a new United game but bit concerned about these stupid scorelines and dribbling issues? It seems fine to me at a lower level but it seems like these issues are limited to the bigger teams or in the bigger leagues.

Is it worth starting a United game? I'm playing in the Championship and seeing no issues but I want to start a new United game but bit concerned about these stupid scorelines and dribbling issues? It seems fine to me at a lower level but it seems like these issues are limited to the bigger teams or in the bigger leagues.

it is really worth it and you won't win everything for nothing !

in my third season , David Gill completed his takeover of the club but isn't investing any money.. anyone else got this ?

Most of the takeovers i saw here , involved a lot of money :)

Orignally i got taken over and had loads of money pumped in but i deleted wrong save so had to roll back to previous one. Second time round i got taken over by Gill and its the same as well.

The 2012/2013 Season

Just finished my first season with Manchester United and I won the Premier League title quite comfortably, but the results in the other competitions were disappointing. Got knocked out away at Brighton in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup, and Chelsea beat me at Old Trafford in a 5th round replay in the FA Cup. In the Champions League I faced Zenit, Cluj and Copenhagen in the group stages. Finished comfortably at the top of the group after a draw and five wins. But I was desperately unlucky when I drew Barcelona in the first knock out stage. The first leg was at Nou Camp and I set up defensively. It took Barcelona less than 15 minutes to take the lead through Busquets, but just a couple of minutes later the same man recieved his second booking. With a man more for more than an hour I thought we had a great chance of getting at least a draw for the return leg. But regardless of any tactical changes I made, Barcelona absolutely battered me and if had not been for several great saves by De Gea we would have lost more by than 3-0. I obviously needed a miracle at Old Trafford and while a 4-3 win was pleasing, it was far from enough to go through. How on earth do you stop Messi when he runs at your defence?

We got off to a great start in the Premier League winning 9 and drawing 2 games in the first 11 games. At the moment when we looked unbeatable we suffered three very surprising defeats on the spin. First away to QPR, then the one and only home defeat in the league to Swansea and at Anfield to a struggling Liverpool. All of a sudden the title race was wide open again before heading into a hectic December month. We bounced back strongly securing impressive wins at home to title contenders Newcastle and Tottenham. The highlight though was a convincing 3-0 win at Etihad which meant that our neighbours realistically were ruled out of the title race with still half of the season remaining. After that we never really looked back and despite the odd hiccup I never felt we were in danger of giving away the title. On paper the title was secured after a 3-0 win at home to Fulham. With only three games to go and having a 9 point lead on Chelsea as well as a superior goal difference we were uncatchable. I therefore fielded weakened teams giving some of the youngsters and fringe players the faith in the two next fixtures. We lost both, but when Chelsea dropped points at Southampton we were officially crowned champions with one game remaining. Old Trafford was getting ready for a party, but City were the opponents looking to spoil it. Becuase of the rivalry, but also the eagerness to finish the season on a high I played nearly my strongest team possible this time. City were hammered 5-2 even though we had to play the game with 10 men for more than an hour after Rafael was sent off. A great finish to a decent enough season, but there’s a lot of room for improvement come the next season.

I did not get rid of any notable first team players and Maroune Fellaini for £23M was my only signing. As expected he is a beast and certainly worth the money, but he missed 3 months of the season with a injury. Robin van Persie though suffered the worst injury as he was ruled out for 5 months after a broken leg in only his second game for the club. Fortunately Rooney was simply outstanding in his abscence scoring goals for fun before Christmas. Everybody chipped in with goals, but I'm a bit disappointed of the goal return from my wide players.

As for the next season I am really unsure about what to do in terms of tactics and transfers. I’m obviously very pleased about the amount of goals scored, but if we want to rule Europe again I have to tighten up at the back to stand a chance against the likes of Barcelona. I played a 4-2-2-2 with two wide players in the traditional United way for the majority of the season, except for a more solid 4-3-3 in certain games. I’m now considering changing to a narrow midfield diamond (4-1-2-1-2) on a regular basis, but it’s hard to imagine United playing without wingers. It would mean I would have to get rid of at least one of Young and Nani, maybe both, but I would hopefully get the best out of Kagawa by playing him behind the strikers. Nani was the player who provided most assists in my first season, but he can be such a frustrating player. His ability to beat several defenders is amazing, but instead of picking the right pass he constantly smashes shots all over the place. In general I feel long shots very rarely turn into goals on this years game compared to previous versions. Anyway, what are your suggestions? Is it possible to win absolutely everything by playing 4-2-2-2 against any team? Or should I look to a change in formation?

table_zpsd9d59b54.png

eplstats_zps62cf6724.png

stats-1_zps49865e9d.png

fixtures_zpsb1188121.png

Few more questions:

Will Giggs, Scholes and Ferdinand retire if I don't offer them new contracts? Might give Rio a new contract, but I see no use in having Giggs and Scholes anymore. At the same time I don't want them to play for any other club though.

Can Rooney who is ''Accomplished'' as AMC become ''Natural'' if I train him in that position? If so how long will it take?

Archived