FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

Hey guys. I am currently United on the demo as I am skint and have to wait till I get paid :( I was just wondering if its possibe to carry on my demo save on the full version once I get it? As I am doing very very well and enjoying it, I wouldn't want to start all over again

Yes it is.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wonders if those of you who had the club bought by a filty rich chariman, did you have the valid take over file removed or did you edit the my me chairman file in the edt or ddt folder?

I didn't change anything and my save was started after the full release, I've also seen united get a tycoon takeover on a different save aswell. It usually happens in October of the 3rd season.

Hey guys. I am currently United on the demo as I am skint and have to wait till I get paid :( I was just wondering if its possibe to carry on my demo save on the full version once I get it? As I am doing very very well and enjoying it, I wouldn't want to start all over again

Yes you should be able to carry it on.

I guess I'm luckier than most of you because Van Persie is great in my game. In my current 1st season, he's a top scorer with 12 league goals in 12 matches (rating 7,73) and I even subbed him to save him from any injuries, which still haven't come. He almost only plays in the league, but in 1 appearance, he scored 2 and assisted 2, so I had to take mercy on my opponents and rest him there :p I don't know if I would still be top of the league without him because Hernandez is on 3 goals, few on 2 while Rooney and Kagawa scored only 1 goal each despite being the first team. He's also one of 3/4 top candidates for Player of the year.

I don't think that tactics are reason for his great form, but I play him as a complete forward in a 4-2-3-1 ahead of Kagawa on the left wing (IF), Rooney (AP) and Nani (W). I hope he still continues his form because Rooney is going to be injured for 3 months and Bale's going to play on the left wing.

Just passed Xmas on my first season. Pretty quiet in the transfer market. swapped Anderson for Ross Barkley, and purchased young Adryan. Progressing nicely in all competitions and sitting top of the league after 21 games, currently unbeaten with my only dropped points away to Sunderland.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-3.png

Just passed Xmas on my first season. Pretty quiet in the transfer market. swapped Anderson for Ross Barkley, and purchased young Adryan. Progressing nicely in all competitions and sitting top of the league after 21 games, currently unbeaten with my only dropped points away to Sunderland.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-3.png

Nice work, i conceded 16 goals in 27 games.

My 17 year old regen striker has just put 5 past Swansea in an 8-0 demolition. He had 2 disallowed aswell so it could of been more. hes got 13 in 7 for the season now and it already the clubs and champions leagues youngest scorer. Can't wait to see him when hes fully developed.

2012-11-15_00001.jpg

2012-11-15_00002.jpg

My 17 year old regen striker has just put 5 past Swansea in an 8-0 demolition. He had 2 disallowed aswell so it could of been more. hes got 13 in 7 for the season now and it already the clubs and champions leagues youngest scorer. Can't wait to see him when hes fully developed.

2012-11-15_00001.jpg

2012-11-15_00002.jpg

Bradley Nolan is absolutely amazing! :eek::thup:

looks like this october 3rd season take over could be fairly consistent in games. I just had my monthly finance message at the start of october and for the 1st time ever it says on the message that the club ask me for my continued patience while they deal with speculation regarding the clubs future.

we will soon see

Hmm, blerg gotta control my finances big time. Smalling's wage jumped to 80k/week at some point in the first season, apparently it's part of his contract after he reaches 50 games with United? Massive increase, he was only on 40k/week before. My balance is negative now also, halfway thru the season. Also decided to get Llorente, so he needs 75k/week. Nani re-contract, wants 75k/week. Going to be a tough battle to keep it on track at this rate. Need to offload some players definitely come season end.

Hmm ok then...I'll wait and see how it goes. Although I'll probably need to get rid of one of the strikers as I'm bringing Llorente in...probably van Persie as he's the oldest and doing the worst so far.

RvP: 22(4) apps, 9 goals, rating 7.02

Rooney: 21(7), 20, 7.44

Hernandez: 21(10), 17, 7.40

Welbeck: 23(1), 20, 7.54

This is mid-Feb, just before League Cup final, 27 games into the league.

On the topic of offloading players...I'm quite liking the 4-3-1-2 formation:

Advanced Fwd - Deep Lying Fwd

Att Mid

BWM - BBM - Adv Playmaker

FB - BPD Cover - CB Stopper - FB

No room for wingers there really, although I did start with the flat 4-4-2 and it worked well.

I made the change because for the League Cup matches, I wanted to try some of the youngsters out (youth team players, I loaned out Powell, Henriquez etc):

Pereira and Januzaj (4 star)

Daehli (3.5 star rated)

Blackett (3 star)

As the first 3 are all central/att mids, I had to mix up the formation and settled on this 4-3-1-2 and it's worked great so far.

Daehli: 8 matches, 1 goal, 7.40 avg

Pereira: 7 matches, 1, 6.84

Januzaj: 8 matches, 2 goals, 7.51

Blackett: 9 matches, 7.08

Also playing McGinty as a CB as I couldn't loan him out somewhere and even though he's a crappy 4.5 star youth player with 1.5 potential adult rating, he's played 8 matches, scored 2 goals from set pieces and averaging 7.40.

They've all played 4 League Cup matches, 3 FA Cup matches and some have made their EPL debut (gave them an easy game against Swansea who were sitting 14th).

So I'm thinking of sticking to this formation for the regular league matches too and just have the wingers there for a secondary tactic. Basically means Valencia, Young and Nani are not getting much game time, so I might get rid of one of them at least come end of season.

---

Players out in first season January window:

Carrick (10m Newcastle)

Evra (10m Fenerbahce)

Anderson (player exchange)

Players in:

Santon (18m - 8m now, 10m when he plays 50 games I think)

Fellaini (5m + Anderson)

Probably not the best deals in hindsight but I was getting frustrated by Evra's poor form and I wanted to actually get Alaba but Barca bought him for 20m and I didn't have the funds.

Ok...long post over!

yup, always fun, considering how the tactics were working for the previous games, I wasn't holding much hope for my next home match, turns out i had nothing to worry about

and don't ask about that O.G was a shot that he got contact on and it trickled in (just dodgey keeping) dunno why Chelsea have motherwells keeper.

1DA7D9C2FB393ED64148AE03BDF29F987D6CCD4F

First season done and dusted. Run away title winners, and pick up the League Cup and Champions League. Lost in the semi-final of the FA Cup to Newcastle. Was quite lucky to win the CL, Juventus dominated me and i won it in extra time on the break away. Quite happy with my first season, looking to give Powell and Barkley more game time with Scholes and Giggs being released! RvP was poor, but Kagawa, Rooney and Chicharito were brilliant.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-4.png

hey guys, wonder if i should get neymar for my 2nd season..cost 53 mil since he is transfer listed by request. Probably gonna need to sell RVP for that. RVP did well in the 1st season, with 24 goals, 2nd top scorer in my team and EPL,just 1 goal behind Hernandez. He probably would have scored more if he wasn't injured for a month in the first season. Got me 13 assists as well.

Usually don't like to spend so much for a player. But am considering since RVP is 30 in 13/14 season..haha.

i wish i had bought neymar in my game now. missed out to barcelona and now rooney wont sign a new contract as his agent is a complete tit. offered him £230k when he asked for £240k and he rejected every time (his patience is only 2) and now when i go back he wants £300k. looks like ill be selling him in January. I hate agents in this game its so unrealistic. Likewise Phil Jones asked for an improved contract, we did not agree 1st time round so he says he is concerned. I wish when that happened the game gave you an option to say you offered them a huge payrise but your demands / your agents are stupid. instead i have to say ill offer you a contract in a month as no other alternatives.

hey guys, wonder if i should get neymar for my 2nd season..cost 53 mil since he is transfer listed by request. Probably gonna need to sell RVP for that. RVP did well in the 1st season, with 24 goals, 2nd top scorer in my team and EPL,just 1 goal behind Hernandez. He probably would have scored more if he wasn't injured for a month in the first season. Got me 13 assists as well.

Usually don't like to spend so much for a player. But am considering since RVP is 30 in 13/14 season..haha.

Arrange the transfer or a years time. van Persie is only 30, plenty of life left in him yet.

About 20 games into my first season and I'm really struggling to get the team doing anything exciting. I think I've only managed to score more than 2 goals once so far and the team are conceding goals very easily. I can't seem to get a tactic I'm satisfied with either; so far I've been using 4-2-3-1 with RvP/Hernandez up front, supported by Rooney/Kagawa behind and then Young & Valencia on the wings. Central midfield places rotated between Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson. I sold Nani for £20m and did try to sell Anderson but failed. The only signing was Kyle Walker.

I think another real frustration is the players just never seem to give any response to my team talks, no matter what I say, and Kagawa just keeps switching off.

So yeah, the team are winning but I never have much confidence in them.

About 20 games into my first season and I'm really struggling to get the team doing anything exciting. I think I've only managed to score more than 2 goals once so far and the team are conceding goals very easily. I can't seem to get a tactic I'm satisfied with either; so far I've been using 4-2-3-1 with RvP/Hernandez up front, supported by Rooney/Kagawa behind and then Young & Valencia on the wings. Central midfield places rotated between Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson. I sold Nani for £20m and did try to sell Anderson but failed. The only signing was Kyle Walker.

I think another real frustration is the players just never seem to give any response to my team talks, no matter what I say, and Kagawa just keeps switching off.

So yeah, the team are winning but I never have much confidence in them.

like real life then? haha.

reached the CL final in my first season .

first leg 4-2 win against bayern, second leg after 37 minutes , hummels and Jones received second yellow. played 63 minutes with 9 against 11 and .. lost 3-2 (Kagawa in scored the 3-2 in 93th minute)

Bayern-manutdclsemifinal12-13.jpg

this is why I play this game :)

Im in pre season of first season and was looking at a definsive midfielder when I come across Bender! Which one you ask? Well both Lars and Sven.

Has any one signed any of these to Man Utd which one would you sign if you had the chance I like the look of both but whos the better brother?!?!

My first season went really good !

Transfers first season :

transfers12-13.jpg

Starting line up and formation :

startinglineup12-13.jpg

Capital Cup :

Capitalcup12-13.jpg

FA Cup :

FAcup12-13.jpg

CL :(had to play the final without suspened Jones,Hummels and Rooney and injured De Gea.. , this because of the second leg in semi final ):

Bayern-manutdclsemifinal12-13.jpg

in the CL final we did it again.. with 10 !!

CL12-13.jpg

EPL (lost many points in the last four games when i already won the EPL):

EPL12-13table.jpg

Stats: a lot of assists from bale and Valencia, many goals from Hernandez and great perfomances from Hummels, Jones(mc) and Fellaini !

stats12-13.jpg

I'm planning to sign a lot of youngsters (regens) , have one real good from my own youth intake .

Also trying to sign a DR (rafael is ok , trying to find someone better.)

DominicDoran.jpg

Quadruple12-13.jpg

Correct. March 12th in my game.

Anyone can suggest a good goalscorer for 3rd season? I still have Rooney, Angelo and Welbeck. Chicarito & RVP sold in season 2. I have Llorente but he is not good playing alone striker and didnt get enough goals for me. Going to sell him to fund up a better goalscorer. Any suggestion? Im using 3-6-1 and 2-7-1 tactic.

Correct. March 12th in my game.

Anyone can suggest a good goalscorer for 3rd season? I still have Rooney, Angelo and Welbeck. Chicarito & RVP sold in season 2. I have Llorente but he is not good playing alone striker and didnt get enough goals for me. Going to sell him to fund up a better goalscorer. Any suggestion? Im using 3-6-1 and 2-7-1 tactic.

why did you sell Hernandez? He's unstoppable on FM when he's 27 or so. But go for another Hernandez, Abel, he starts at Palermo but he may have moved on.

Van Persie with winning penalties in 3 finals. Nerves of steel.

idd, was really special but the comebacks in semi final against Bayern and in the final with 9 (and 10) men was really great..

Starting my second season this evening.. Releasing Giggs, Scholes and Rio , loaning out Johnstone and Buttner..

I will try to sign a lot of youngsters(regens) , luke shaw, hughes and maybe Walker for the DR position

In season 4, henriquez developed rather well for me and been knocking them in like a boss. Helps that he got tutored by rvp.

Just a quick question I play 4-4-2 with my wingers pushed up but seem to have a problem finding the right player in the CM attacking spot. I've tried Kagawa, Cleverley, Carrick but nobody seems to take control, wondering what others do with the CM spots.

As for the CM defensive option Jones and Fletcher are great its just the one position I'm struggling with. Any tips welcome.

Fellaini and Fletcher or Carrick usualy do CM, although Jones is good there.

lost my first match to bugs (great when players run through your keeper...) but didn't matter as a 4-3 loss (against an obviously unjaded west brom team I played the match prevous 3 days earlier) with a few reserve players being 3-0 in the first leg doesnt matter.

Really enjoying this year's game, though I had a very mixed bag of results in Season 1. Admittedly, I was getting to grips with tactics - both team and individual role settings.

As you can see, the odd tweak here and there produced really good results. Notably, performances against Barcelona in the Champions League Semi-final (winning 5-1 at home & 2-1 away) was a highlight. However, I also experienced some really poor performances last season - particularly against Peterborough in the Carling Cup, Sheff Wed in the FA Cup, and the odd slip-up against mid to low Premier League teams.

8727C4937295E30D8D19170720A0768095DA6687

For Season 2, I went back to basics and really refined my tactic for the start of the campaign. I had to tighten up at the back but I didn't want to limit my attacking play at the same time. From my current set of results so far, I've played ten league games and only conceded two goals. I'm also scoring plenty, having notched 27 league goals so far. I've already qualified for the Champions League, again only conceding two goals in that competition thus far which is pleasing :)

BF4E39562E69943C762EC297352BEE5E9A53705A

Let's hope an upcoming patch doesn't ruin any of my tactical settings! :p

wich tactic are you guys using at the moment for United? any from the downloadable section? ive tested koflok and raikan`s 4-2-2-2 so far but havent really done great! do you guys rotate the players alot? in a 4-2-3-1 for exampel, how do you combine Rvp and Wazza? impressed by some of you guys results i must say. wich aspect is the most important in this years version, tactic, training, man managment?

Archived