FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The big question is how did you manage to lose with players like Messi, Rooney, Neymar, Ozil at San Siro?

A loads of big name players.

It was just one of those games where the human controlled team has lots of shots but barely any go in and the cpu team has barely any and they all go in. A type of game that happens all too often on this patch.

The quarter finals were just as extraordinary, beat City 3-0 at Old Trafford then at Al Mubarak Park (they built a new stadium) we had 3 men sent off in the first half and they soon levelled the match, still managed to hold on for 120 minutes but lost on penalties.

After winning five games in a row i'm currently first with ten points more then chelsea , eleven more then city and twelfe more then .. stoke city :)

I'm in februari , playing first knockout CL against Anderlecht, got into the Capital cup after beating Liverpool 1-3 and 3-0 in the semi finals and i'm still in the FA..

Hernandez is my best striker (almost every game from coming on as sub.. like irl.) and Bale and Valencia are producing a lot of assists !

Signed Dzagoev in januari , and signed Empereur (young DL ) .

For the end of the season signed Sanogo ,Bochetti (DC Rubin Kazan), signed him as back up for Hummels,Vidic and Evens and signed young kids Liam Henderson and Daniele Rugani .

I will post later this week an update of the first season.

A question.

Do you get enough goals from Robin Van Persie?His partnership with Rooney does not work at all.I tried many different roles,even changing positions inside the game,even Rooney behind Van Persie.They are very inconsistent,as the whole game i believe it is before the patch.

And i came up to the conclusion that because they both have as a ppm "come deep to get ball" is affects them negatively.But what the amazing thing is,is that i started also a game in England with Spurs and in the first two matches i saw that Van Persie has scored 6 goals with Utd!

Ok i cannot be such a terrible manager,i play the game 12 years,something is terribly wrong here :p

PS:I also have to mention that in FM12 i wanted to test Van Persie and Rooney after the summer transfers,I bought him and started a game just for this.Their partnership was just amazing with Rooney as a DLF (S) and Van Persie as an AF.

A question.

Do you get enough goals from Robin Van Persie?His partnership with Rooney does not work at all.I tried many different roles,even changing positions inside the game,even Rooney behind Van Persie.They are very inconsistent,as the whole game i believe it is before the patch.

And i came up to the conclusion that because they both have as a ppm "come deep to get ball" is affects them negatively.But what the amazing thing is,is that i started also a game in England with Spurs and in the first two matches i saw that Van Persie has scored 6 goals with Utd!

Ok i cannot be such a terrible manager,i play the game 12 years,something is terribly wrong here :p

PS:I also have to mention that in FM12 i wanted to test Van Persie and Rooney after the summer transfers,I bought him and started a game just for this.Their partnership was just amazing with Rooney as a DLF (S) and Van Persie as an AF.

Can't offer any help here, but I'm having the exact same problems. Help anyone?

A question.

I get a lot of goals from RVP and Rooney and Hernandez as a perfect sub

Playing RVP deep SC ( advanced forward)

Rooney behind him on the AMC position ( Inside forward)

Has anyone managed to get some decent performances from Scholes. His ratings look good but he consistently puts in below par performance for me (< 6.7) every game. I've tried playing him as a DLP and AP without success. Hardly see any good passes from him on extended highlights either. Carrick, Fletcher and Anderson are doing quite well for me though.

What are people doing with Jones, he almost looks too good to be a CB?

At the moment just letting him develop, mainly playing him DC though, but I'm very tempted to move him into midfield, could be just the sort of player our midfield needs. Only problem with that is I have Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Ramsey and Maher there with Powell and Adyran also looking to get some games there.

EDIT: Also signed Giggs and Scholes on for another season so I'll have to give them a few games here and there aswell.

So just finished my 2nd season and after only winning the league in the 1st season and struggling with tactics all season i came up trumps in the 2nd season. I decided to let Rio, Scholes and Giggs all leave once their contracts expired as i did not really play them and wanted to save their wages along with selling off some other older or not needed players to bring some needed money in an reduce the wages.

I had also decided to switch from a 3-2-3-2 formation to a 4-2-3-1 and would look to bring in Gotze as he was transfer listed at the start of the season.

Transfers in for the season:

Gotze £27m

Jack Butland £5.25m - signed in January

Hudaydatov £800k - 4 star DC regen from Bayern

Griffouliere £725k - 4.5 staf ST regen from Genk

Transfers Out for the season:

Rio, Scholes, Giggs - all released

Evra £7.5m to Tottenham

Macheda £2.5m to Stoke

Buttner £3m to Hull

Amos £1.5m to Tottenham

Will Keane £1m to Sheff Utd

Lindegaard £5m to Fulham - Requested transfer so sold in January and replaced with Butland

Season started well with a win in the Community Shield against Tottenham 4-0. I then played using the 4-2-3-1 formation up to mid November and my form was pretty inconsistent with strikers again failing to score goals which was really starting to bug me. I also got knocked out of the capital one cup in the 3rd round again.

I decided to change tactics and having used Mr Hough tactic at times on previous FM i gave his a try and tweaked it a bit by changing formation to try and utilise the strikers and good midfielders i have in the squad. I changed the tactic to a 2CD-2WB-2CM-1AM-3ST tactic and the results were instantly superb. I changed the tactic on the 27th November in the away game to Dinamo in the champions league and struck lucky resulting in an amazing run to the end of the season where i only lost 3 games and drew 4 games resulting in a league, fa cup and champions league treble.

Premier League Results

ScreenShot2012-11-13at185403.png

ScreenShot2012-11-13at185411.png

Final Premier League Table

ScreenShot2012-11-13at185319.png

FA Cup Results

ScreenShot2012-11-13at185427.png

Champions League Results

ScreenShot2012-11-13at185446.png

The losses after changing tactics to both Bremen and Hull were both using reserve/youth players after the league and group stages were already won so the only real loss was a 2-0 defeat to arsenal which i cant really complain about.

The most pleasing thing is my front 4 finally start scoring. RVP scored 33, Rooney 18, Hernandez 24. Gotze as the AM was quality also scoring 17 and with 18 assists.

For the next season i am going to offload a few more established players again to try and reduce the age of the squad further and as i want to give the likes of Powell a chance to shine. I plan on selling Carrick, Fletcher, Dzagoev, Wellington Nem & quite a few reserves and under 18 as they are not good enough. I am only looking to bring in someone similar to Fellaini to play in the middle and then concentrate on some youth.

I have Phil Jones paired with Mats Hummels in the centre of my defence, third season. Jones is also my captain. I was hoping for a large takeover, but the Glazers sold up to David Gill. RvP has been ravaged by injuries and isn't the same player anymore. Fortunately Welbeck has blossomed into a top player, winning the EPL golden boot last season with 25 goals. Incidentally, I have enjoyed great success w/ Rooney at AMR as an Inside Forward (with Gotze at AMC and Hazard at AML). Scoring goals for fun.

Can't offer any help here, but I'm having the exact same problems. Help anyone?

Me too, he just doesnt seem to be able to do much infront of goals, he getting a few assists from corners and free-kicks but not enough from him.

What are people doing with Jones, he almost looks too good to be a CB?

I have been playing him in MC/DMC as ive had a few injuries and he has been playing great there.

Ashley Young is doing great for me thought 4 goals in 4 games and 2 assist, I only say this as I notice a lot of people have sold him. RVP starting to score now he has 3 in last two games.

what do people do on here for scouting up and coming talent. I have invested in some good quality scouts over the last season from all over the world but they dont come back with much. some of them have come back with nothing in 15 months.

Is this because i only have the english league loaded and then players from top division clubs in south america, central & eastern europe.

I then set my squads to look for new talent in their country of birth and set that players must have min of 3star potential and be under the age of 21

any suggestions would be appreciated

Jones has done more midfield work then defensive.

Young has done meh, as i currently don't play with wingers i slot him in the 3 of my 4-2-3-1, he took those corners Vidic scored as well.

scouting is alright, not found much but some well known names, and a few hidden gems, I posted that keeper my scout found earlier.

So I’m going to be starting my first United save in years. Currently I’m looking at a 4-3-3 formation for home games.

Flat back four looking to replace Evra ASAP. Unfortunately I’ve just missed out on Baines but may go after David Alaba unless someone has any other suggestions. Kyriakos Papadopoulos is another option for at DC for some younger blood to go with Jones\Smalling

Three CM’s Scholes(Fletcher)\Carrick\Cleverley(Powell) Carrick as a Deep lying playmaker.

Jones will play DM in my 4-4-2 Diamond Away formation.

With RVP\Rooney\Hernandez starting as the front three (Rooney as a deep lying forward, RVP & Hernandez as Poachers\advanced forwards and hopefully scaring the crap out of defenses as to who to mark. Welbeck and Henriquez will play off the bench\rotation for cups)

Forwards play similar roles in my 442 Diamond with Rooney dropping a little deeper into an AMC role.

Has anyone had any experience with either Koke from At Madrid or Marco Verratti from PSG. Just going into my 3rd season and I have sold off Carrick £8.75m and Fletcher £15m and i would like to replace them. Koke looks to be decent all round while Verratti looks very creative but also not too bad in the tackle.

Koke i can buy for £13m release clause and he is only 22

Verratti i have agreed a loan deal for the season with £19.5m transfer fee.

I would then have Fellaini, Cleverly, Powell, Koke and Verratti to cover 2 midfield positions.

Good depth for the midfield there, but I've got no experience with either Koke or Verratti in this years game unfortunately. Verratti was a favourite of mine in previous years though.

Hernandez has now scored 138 goals in total for United on my save, he's still only 27. Wondering if I can get him to cross the 249 mark of Charlton's.

Good depth for the midfield there, but I've got no experience with either Koke or Verratti in this years game unfortunately. Verratti was a favourite of mine in previous years though.

Hernandez has now scored 138 goals in total for United on my save, he's still only 27. Wondering if I can get him to cross the 249 mark of Charlton's.

yes im happy with that when i add on Gotze / Kagawa and Adryan to fight for the 1 AM spot i have.

yes im happy with that when i add on Gotze / Kagawa and Adryan to fight for the 1 AM spot i have.

Season 2 Review

So, like the 1st season, it could of been a lot better. A finally found a 4-4-2 tactic which suited the players that I had. I also made a few transfers, both in and out, and also let a few of the older lads go after their contracts expired(Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes)

GK - De Gea/Lindegaard

CB - Smalling

CB - Vidic/Evans

WBR - Rafael/Walker

WBL - Alaba/Buttner

CM - Holtby

CM - Jones/Cleverley

WR - Rodriguez/Valencia

WL - Van Persie/Young

ST - Llorente/Hernandez

ST - Rooney/Welbeck

Rooney was my top scorer with 35 goals and Rodriguez helped him out with 24 assists.

Transfers In

David Alaba - £18M

Lewis Holtby - £20M

Fernando Llorente - Free Transfer

James Rodriguez - £27M

Moritz Leitner - £15M

Transfers Out

Nani - £20M

Michael Carrick - £10M

Shinji Kagawa - £16M

Patrice Evra - £2.5M

Jonny Evans - £10M

Darre Fletcher - £11

After finshing 2nd to City in Season 1, I managed to win the league on the final day. Was top with a 1 point lead going into the final game and a victory over Everton wrapped the title up for me. Again i exited out of the Capital One cup early on with the youngsters really letting themselves down. The Fa Cup saw me being knocked out in the semi final. The Champions League was the major disappointment this year. After lifting the cup in Season 1 I was expecting to do likewise this season. But Shakhtar had other ideas, knocking me out in the quarter finals. I did also win the Super Cup and the Club World Championship

So onto Season 3 we go. Hoping to put Season 1's Champions league victory together with Season 2's league title.

Hi guys, hoping you could help me out. I need an AMR to play inside forward alongside Gotze and Hazard (behind Rooney). Any ideas?

I picked up James Rodriguez from FC Porto with the idea that he would play AML. However, I tried him out in the AMR right position and finished the season with 24 assists.

Yeah I missed out on Neymar. Signed for Barca for £40m. Anyone signed Ilay Gundogan from Dortmund? W/ Hummels, Gotze and Kagawa Dortmund are essentially my feeder club lol. Anyway I have him paired w/ Thiago at CM and he's doing the business for me.

Hey guys. I am currently United on the demo as I am skint and have to wait till I get paid :( I was just wondering if its possibe to carry on my demo save on the full version once I get it? As I am doing very very well and enjoying it, I wouldn't want to start all over again

Just wonders if those of you who had the club bought by a filty rich chariman, did you have the valid take over file removed or did you edit the my me chairman file in the edt or ddt folder?

I continued a save I started in the beta. Maybe that's it. If I start again with the latest patch, changes of a takeover happening are greatly reduced?

Archived