FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten games to go until the end of the third season, currently lying in Second Place only a point behind City with a game in hand. Ahead of Third Place Spurs by nine points so looks like its down to me and City hoping we can retain our title and win a third straight title :)

Losing Rio to retirement at the end of the season, but luckily I have a good young central defender who can come in as back-up and earn some first team experience next season.

Im currently playing with Dortmund and waiting to Ferguson retires. Does anyone know when will that happen ?

How are we supposed to know when we are playigng as United? Think about it yourself. When he would realistically retire? 2014? 2015 at tops?

Bit like me. Go sign Ronaldo! :D

What is the situation with people who have had these take overs:

What Happens to the clubs debts? Do they reduce?

Not personally sure i would like a takeover resulting in loads of money to spend. I have spent the last few FM finding myself spending a bit the 1st 2 seasons and trying to reduce the age of the squad by signing good established young players and i then tend to focus on buying a lot of youngsters to bring through.

Having some decent success on my game currently after switching to a wing back formation: 3cd, 2wb, 1dm, 2mc, 2st. was reading up on this in the tactics thread and is working very well. rafael and alaba are superb and rafael has scored 5 goals since switching to it with rooney being amazing as a trequarista. currently sitting top at start of november but only a point in front of spurs who seem pretty good on this version

How are we supposed to know when we are playigng as United? Think about it yourself. When he would realistically retire? 2014? 2015 at tops?

Nemoj biti šupak :)

Well im asking because MAYBE someone else is playing with other team and they saw his retirement date due his ages. Don't be rude, i don't know where to ask and im sure lot of people notice his retirement :)

I'm trying to, had £107m bid accepted but just cannot come to a contract agreement with his agent. How did you manage it?

Big add-ons, goal bonus, appearance fees, seasonal goal bonus, yearly wage rise etc. It's a bit excessive but when the new owner throws that much money at me, I went all out to get big Ron back.

Big add-ons, goal bonus, appearance fees, seasonal goal bonus, yearly wage rise etc. It's a bit excessive but when the new owner throws that much money at me, I went all out to get big Ron back.

I put everything possible in and still couldn't get a deal, now everytime discussions begin again the initial demands are even higher.

Nemoj biti šupak :)

Well im asking because MAYBE someone else is playing with other team and they saw his retirement date due his ages. Don't be rude, i don't know where to ask and im sure lot of people notice his retirement :)

Pa, pitaš stotinu puta jedno te isto pitanje. :rolleyes: Ili je to bio neko drugi? :D A, ti drugi koji igraju sa drugim klubovima ne gledaju ovaj temu u svakom slučaju. :D :D

After being taken over by a Romanian billionaire there was only one thing on my mind.

Finally he has returned...

2012-11-06_00001.jpg

After weeks of negotiations I handed this task over to my DoF; Klaus Allofs. He paid a lot more than the bid I had accepted but he got the contract much lower than what they wanted from me.

I have also purchased Arturo Vidal as I wanted a world class central midfielder. This is how my squad looks now (Jan 2015):

GK - De Gea / Drobny / Amos

DR - Smalling / Jones

DC - Hummels / Evans

DC - Vidic / Excoffier (swiss regen)

DL - Alaba / Fabio

MC - Vidal / Powell / Cleverley

MC - Bender / Fletcher

AMR - Valencia / Nani

AMC - Rooney / Isco

AML - Ronaldo / Kagawa

ST - Van Persie / Henriquez / Grafite (brazilian regen)

Ronaldo looks quality but is it just me that thinks his composure stat is shocking. Surely he is more than a 10.

I would of thought somewhere around 15 would be adequete for him. Its gone up to 11 since I signed him so hopefully it will rise a couple more points.

This is my first post despite being a long time FM/CM player. I always play my first save of a new game as United and I thought I'd share what's been an interesting and very enjoyable save so far! Especially in regards to some new tactics that I've created and ones that I'd never dreamt of playing in old FMs. I really think the new match engine is a lot truer to real life and allows more creative and interesting tactics...

SEASON 1

A quick summary of my first season at OT...

Here are my incomings and outgoings...

IN

Issa Kallon £675k - promising young striker

Kyle Walker £17.5m - a bit over the odds but wanted a first choice right back so Rafael could cover both full back positions. As it has turned out, Rafael is my best player at the moment in season 2.

Jeol Pohjanpalo - £130k - promising and at the very least I'll make a tidy profit on him

Zakaria Bakkali - £600k - another promising striker

Jores Okore - £1.3m - decent young striker

Romario - Free - promising young full back

Doria - £525k - promising young Brazilian centre back

Mats Hummels - £14m - couldn't say no when he was offered to me. Retrained at DMC too. Very good addition to the squad

Adryan - £875k - looks like he could make the grade.

NOTABLE OUTS

Anderson - £4.5m - wish I had offered P/Ex for Fellaini!

So I kept the squad pretty similar to how it is in real life. I like to give everyone a chance and see how they get on before splashing the cash! Plus the financial situation at Utd means you can't spend like there's no tomorrow. I also want to develop good youth talent. The season started well, I went unbeaten in the league until 29th January when Sunderland beat me 1-0 at their place. I started the season playing an attacking 4-4-2 but then changed around January to a more conservative 4-3-3 with Rooney dropping back into CM and Carrick anchoring / deep playmaker. All in all my first season at OT was a success, winning the league with 87 points - Won 26, Drawn 9, Lost 3. I got knocked out FA Cup by Citeh in round 6 with the low point of the season ( a 4-1 away loss replay after I had conceded a last min equaliser in home game!). I also tasted sweet CHampions League success with a luck 1-0 win against Arsenal in the final after getting past Galatasaray, Chelsea & Juve.

I was happy with the season but felt my style of play wasn't quite what I wanted - I wanted to achieve higher possession stats and more fluid, exciting football.

SQUAD PERFORMANCE

I had no real 'standout' performers and it really was a team/squad effort. This is emphasised by my top scorer, all comps being Rooney with 18 (he played most of the season in centre mid in a 4-3-3/4-5-1). Van Persie had several injury troubles and I was willing to accept £20m+ bids. I had some good breakthrough seasons from Phil Jones, Nick Powell & Welbeck (bagged himself 16 despite being out from January onwards)

SUMMARY

I finished season one satisfied with my performance but knowing that I wanted to evolve my United side into a more complete team and I wanted to utilise my under performers more. Kagawa was poor for me (ave rating 6.98 and only 1 goal!) I couldn't find the right position to fit him into my side.

SEASON 2

I am into November in my second season and I am very happy with the teams performance. Here's what's happened at OT

TRANSFERS

IN

David Alaba - £18m - replacement for Evra. Just the sort of progressive full back I want in my side

Joao Moutinho - £35m - over the odds but the next best DLP after Modric, Xavi et al. With Scholes leaving and Carrick wanting astronomical wages I needed this sort of player in my team

Granit Xhaka - upto £17.5m - I needed reinforcement in my midfield and this guy looks like a great, versatile prospect.

Craig Gordon - £1.1m - back up after Lindegaard left for £4.5m

I also signed 9 superb looking regens / youngsters. The best batch I've ever seen who go into my U18s alongside a great set of homegrown talents. The future is bright, especially the appropriately named Sasha Ibrahimovic (he's 6ft 3) and a technical striker. Signed at only 14 he is already 1 star current with 5 star potential. Is the youngest player ever to play for Utd!

OUT

Patrice Evra - £10m to Stoke. I couldn't believe he went there but I suppose he won't need to move house! I like Patrice and he performed for me but with Fabrio, Rafael, Kyle Walker, Valencia, Smalling, Alaba I have so much cover at FB!

Lindegaard £4.5m to Fulham. He wanted first team football

Ashley Young - loan w/ £14m buy clause to Valencia. He doesn't justify 90k p/w to me. I like him but not at that money.

Petrucci for £575k

Carrick to AC Milan for £10. He is 31 and wanted £70k p/w. Again, I liked him but he's not the future

Robbie Brady - 2.6m to West Ham. Didn't develop as I hoped.

Lots of youngsters left on load

Rio, Scholes & Giggs didn't have their contracts renewed. Again the amount of money they were on and the way their stats dropped meant I couldn't afford to keep them on just as tutors.

So I know have a squad which is younger and better value for money. I really wanted to free up some wage costs and I even got Rooney to agree to a wage drop to £150k p/w!

SEASON 2 PERFORMANCE / FORMATION DEVELOPMENTS

After 9 games in the league I am second, three points behind Citeh with a game in hand. P 9, W 8, D 1, scored 23 conceded 3. My only draw has come at home in first game of the season against Arsenal. Since then I have picked up my best win 7-0 at home to Chelsea!!! and I have gone a run conceding 2 goals in 12 games! This has all happened with my change in formation & style of play. I started the season with my old formation from season one slightly modified for Moutinho

--------SWK--------

WBR---BPD--LD----WBL

----AP---DLP--B2B---

WR----------------IFL

---------DLF---------

But the catalyst for my sensational victory against Chelsea was a change to a new formation which maximises the talents of my best playmaker - Shinji Kagawa. If you can get the best out of this guy then you play the most sensational football! Even with inside forward off the left wing I didn't feel he was doing it so I moved him side just left of centre behind Van Persie. I also changed him so his run from deep was mixed. Too often he was running away from the ball when I wanted him on the ball running at players and playing one-2's

NEW SHAPE

---------SWK---------

WBR---BPD---LD----WBL

DWR-AP-DLP-B2B

--------------IF

--------DLF

Effectively I have no left winger and Kagawa has a completely free role cutting in on his right foot. The first choice team is De Gea, Rafael, Mats Hummels, Alaba; Valencia, Rooney, Moutinho, Fletcher; Kagawa; Van Persie. Other notable tactical instructions involve everything going through Moutinho from a deep position, full backs making the width and Rooney running from deep and playing an extremely attacking and aggressive CM positon.

So after this I'm thinkin, I've cracked it. I always tweak for each team but this is my perfect formation for season 2. I was wrong. I have developed another formation which delivers better ball retention, more stable defence and plays to the strengths of my squads even more...

I've always thought one strength of the current and my Utd squad is Centre Back. I think Vidic, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand or read Hummels for me!, Walker (can play there) and good youth prospects. I've always found myself playing Jones as a DM destroyer which worked very well in CL final for me. So, normally I don't like back 3's (especially in FM!!!) but with Barca playing them and Juve's 49 game unbeaten run using a back 3 I thought let's test the new match engine. With the players at my disposal I like the idea of filling the middle of midfield and letting the likes of Moutinho, Rooney, Kagawa, Fletcher, Powell, Adryan, Van Persie, Hummels etc pass teams to death and play some lovely through balls. So my new formation is loosely a 3-5-2 but I change it for each game depending on opponets. Base shape is

------------------SWK (de gea)----------------

-----------LD©-----BPD(S)-----LD©--------

-WBR(S)-------------------------------WBL(S)-

-----------AP(A)-----DLP(S)----BWM(S)-------

-------------------------------IF(S)----------

-------------------DLF(S)--------------------

Each position / player has set instruction so although I say it's a BDP stopper for example I have several set instuctions which make sure they play the exact role I need. Here's a rough plan of how I deploy the squad:

SK is De Gea all the way. Working on his distribution and then he will be one of the best in the wold

2 X LD is generally Vidic, Smalling, Evans. Jones & Hummels can play it too. They sit deep, almost like dual sweepers.

1 x BPD is generally Jones & Hummels although Kyle Walker can do it too surprisingly. Against teams who play 1 striker I push this position in DM still leaving 2 v 1 at the back and allowing them to set up the likes of Moutinho, Rooney, Kagawa etc. I can even consider Moutinho & Xhaka in this position. This is a key role, the player is set to no marking with low closing down so they are spare and push their attacking position up so they play ahead of the 2 x LD

Wing Backs. Having got rid of Young and with Nani injured I have the perfect set of wing backs. Rafael has scored 5 GOALS IN 7 GAMES FROM this position! And I have Alaba at WBL. perfect! Backing them up Fabio & Valencia who both have the attributes to play it perfectly. Against unambitious teams I push them up in line with midfield and they stretch the play, hugging the touchline.

AP - Rooney. I am still working on him but he is getting there. I want him running from deep and threading balls through to the wingers. Nick powell is perfect back up and has popped up with several goals and assists already. Also Cleverley & Kagawa can play there but I prefer them further forward.

DLP - Moutinho is made for this role. Regularly 100+ passes / game and he doesn't just play meaningless sideways (Joe Allen!) he always looks forward and can drive from midfield if you need to grab a goal. Don't know what I'd do if he got a bad injury. Maybe try Cleverley or Rooney? Xhaka long terms but he isn't there yet. Also got Salnaes from Rosenborg who has potential to be a good DLP.

BWM - Fletcher. I love Fletcher, he won me the CL and he fits perfect in my midfield three providing protection and he is an underrated footballer! Xhaka, Powell & Cleverley can all cover.

IF - Kagawa. player of the season so far. He was an outsider in my double winning side. now he is the fulcrum of my brave new United team! 9 goals, 3 assists in 13 games with 7.98 ave. rating!!! I can push this player wider if need be and stick Nani or Welbeck as an inside forward. Or I can drop Van Persie back or stick Cleverley, Rooney, Adyran in this position but I prefer Kagawa. He is my superstar!

DLF - Van Persie - after an injury and confidence affected first season and after enquiries were made by Tottenham and I lined up Falcao Van Persie has turned it around. 9 in 12 and 6 assists. I protect him by taking him off in games I'm winning comfortably and try and make sure he can start as many games as poss. I have it so he drops quite deep, play the ball into his feet and pick thru balls. With Kagawa, Rooney, Rafael, Alaba running on his passing & creativity allow him to pick out the perfect ball. Back up wise I am thinking of selling Chicarito to allow Henriquez to develop quicker. Also, Hernandez is not really in line with my new playing style. Only when I'm chasing the game do I play a poacher and Welbeck can do this role.

Sorry for such a long post but I thought it was about time I post something and now I really got something to say.

To post screenshots do you need to use one of those image sites or can you just screen grab cos' I'd love to share my tactics and regens.

Nice to see Citeh doing well again tonight :lol:

Thanks

Lawrence

PS. I forgot to ask. What's everyone's experience with Smalling. He's been alright for me but with so many players ahead of him his development has been stunted and I just got a message saying if he plays one more game for me I owe Fulham £3m and double his wages to £80k!!!! I am seriously thinking of freezing him 'til January and cashing in. What's your thoughts?

PS. I forgot to ask. What's everyone's experience with Smalling. He's been alright for me but with so many players ahead of him his development has been stunted and I just got a message saying if he plays one more game for me I owe Fulham £3m and double his wages to £80k!!!! I am seriously thinking of freezing him 'til January and cashing in. What's your thoughts?

Excellent first post, I enjoyed reading it. Your tactic is very interesting, wing backs do seem to be the way forward with this patch. Smalling has done well for me but I've used him as a right back, his stats didn't develop much though. If you want to upload photos you need to use a file hosting website, I would suggest Photobucket.

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll post some shots tonight or tomorrow. I just had Chelsea offer £12m for Smalling so he's off I'm afraid but I got this excellent Brazilian kid called Doria coming through, check him out. Traditionally I am not a wing back fan but this is unreal. It creates such a stable tactic - I'm on a run of 13 consecutive wins with only 3 conceded currently. Also I can't underestimate Kagawa - he is the key for my side

Great, thanks for the reply. I'll post some shots tonight or tomorrow. I just had Chelsea offer £12m for Smalling so he's off I'm afraid but I got this excellent Brazilian kid called Doria coming through, check him out. Traditionally I am not a wing back fan but this is unreal. It creates such a stable tactic - I'm on a run of 13 consecutive wins with only 3 conceded currently. Also I can't underestimate Kagawa - he is the key for my side

That seems like a reasonable fee for him. I'd be interested in having a look at your tactic when you put some shots up, might even try something similar as I've struggled to get the best out of Kagawa.

Thanks for the positive feedback on my post. Here's some more details on the tactic that I've developed.

Firstly, the results at the moment...

ManchesterUnited_FixturesSchedule.png

I know I haven't had any notable opposition except Chelsea but it's the consistency & control I like. Notice the lack of goals conceded and although I am not thrashing teams I am VERY consistent. Also with shouts I try and control the game once I am 2-0 up; I regularly get 60%+ possession. In fact v Blackburn I got 72%!!! This conserves player energy. Especially important as I am operating with a smaller squad. At the moment I have Van Persie, Rooney, Moutinho & Cleverley all out but I just beat Besiktas 3-1 - they scored despite 1 shot, 0 on target (a P Jones own goal!) I am bringing in Adryan, Henriquez, Powell, Xhaka all into the first team.

Now, the tactic...

ManchesterUnited_TacticsTeam.png

This was the team that beat besiktas at home - as you can see very inexperienced. I tweak the tactic for each game. Sometimes making the BPD a DM or pushing the WB up to Defensive Wingers.

The most important individual instructions are the 'kagawa' role... It's always Kagawa with Cleverley coming in for cup games etc

ManchesterUnited_TacticsPlayer.png

This position has yielded following results for Kagawa. This is after a painful first season where he never seemed happy or up for it...

ShinjiKagawa_OverviewAttributes.png

Finally, just want to share some of my top youngsters at the mo...

Nick Powell making the step up into first team seamlessly. I want him to become a first choice CM by the time he's 21...

NickPowell_OverviewProfile.png

Luis Campos - yet to play for me but this guy will be my next DLP replacing his compatriot Moutinho.

LuisCampos_OverviewProfile.png

Sascha, what can I say? I think you're going to be a star. Think he can replace Van Persie. He's only JUST turned 15; feels kinda wrong. Am going to give him as much game time as poss. Think I can make him a regular starter by the time he's 17.

SaschaIbrahimovic_OverviewProfile.png

Adrian Dobinson. I had to wrestle Arsenal off him. He's kinda like Rooney crossed with Beckham. Might turn him into playing just off the striker in the Kagawa role. I think him and Sascha have a bright future together!

AdrianDobinson_OverviewProfile.png

If you want any more info on my tactic, please let me know.

Thanks

Lawrence

Brilliant lol22, i am Man utd currently and i would love to make this tactic work in my game, tried a few 4-42's and 4-2-3-1's but with limited success, hopefully the back three will reap rewards, i currently have fellaini and hamsik for my utd side so will try fletcher or fellaini as my BWM and use Hamsik as my DLP mid, tryed rooney as my AP on att and he looks a beast in that role, have you tryed playing van persie in anyother role than DLF ?? i feel with him on a support role he will be too close to "kagawa role" and "Rooney role" and will interfere with their game.

Brilliant lol22, i am Man utd currently and i would love to make this tactic work in my game, tried a few 4-42's and 4-2-3-1's but with limited success, hopefully the back three will reap rewards, i currently have fellaini and hamsik for my utd side so will try fletcher or fellaini as my BWM and use Hamsik as my DLP mid, tryed rooney as my AP on att and he looks a beast in that role, have you tryed playing van persie in anyother role than DLF ?? i feel with him on a support role he will be too close to "kagawa role" and "Rooney role" and will interfere with their game.

Who have you got at centre back? I'd love to have Fellaini & Hamsik - I had interest in both of them at one point - I think those two and Rooney in a midfield three would be pretty close to perfect; they should compliment each other very well.

The thing with Van Persie is that if you use as more of a AF or Poacher then you lose his creativity & passing which I think are two of his most important attributes. In easier games you could play with Welbeck/Hernandez & Van Persie and sacrifice Kagawa or a midfielder or even a centre back! Having said that, in more difficult games, if you want to control possession etc then I think have Van Persie on DLF as it creates the possibility of having upto 6 players playing in and around centre mid (BPD/DM, DLP, BWM, AP, IF, DLF) The result in the match engine is really nice interchanging passing and if the creativity is set right with lots of players on 'roam from position' then you end up scoring great goals from all over the park.

Let me know how you get on with the 3 centre back experiment!

I've been struggling to get the best out of RVP, tried him as an advanced forward and deep lying forward, neither produced the results I feel he should be producing.

Anyone managed to get the best out of him?

I really struggled season one due to injuries and confidence etc. He would turn it on one game then be awful the next. This season he has been consistent as DLF with Through balls set to often. I try to get him included in the build up play as much as possible and often have target man set to play to feet. Also sometime play target man mixed. He's scored 9 in 13 with 6 assists but is now out injured again! I think I am consigned to planning without him after this season as his injuries and age mean he can't be relied on. Also I think it's important you get a regular partner for him - do you go with Kagawa or Rooney?

Also, I have had some success with him in an unorthodox role playing as an inside forward from the left wing. Not a long term solution but if you have him right, Nani left and Welbeck up top with Rooney coming from deep I think it's a good attacking unit.

yeah i agree on some level, but i just like to see a player up top waiting for the ball from wide to come in for a tap in, and in the short time i used this system i see rafael and alaba (summer signing too) bombing up the flanks pulling the ball across and van persie is outside the box, more times rooney and kagawa are further forward. its really intersting tho, i will have a tweak on on few things and let you know.

My team is :

SK De Gea

LD Vidic and Evans or Ferdinand

BPD Jones

WBL Alaba/Evra/Buttner (listed tho)

WBR Rafael/Valencia

BWM Felliani/Fletcher

DLP Hamsik/Giggs/Scholes

AP Rooney/Powell/Cleverley

IF Kagawa/Cleverley

DLP Van persie

Hey guys, I have just started up a new save on FM13 with my beloved Manchester United and here is my starting update:

I have started the new save with my usual policy of not buying or selling any first team players from the squad as I like to test the current squad. Therefore, here are my transfer dealings for the 2012-13 season:

Transfers

Out

Federico Macheda to Brighton - Season Loan

Robbie Brady to Sheff Wed - Season Loan

Davide Petrucci to Cesena - Season Loan

Tom Thorpe to Swindon - Season Loan

Ryan Tunnicliffe to Coventry - Season Loan

Jesse Lingard to MK Dons - Season Loan

Larnell Cole to Swindon - Season Loan

Jack Barmby to Burton - 5 Month Loan

Sam Johnstone to Stevenage - 5 Month Loan

Michele Fornasier to Yeovil - 5 Month Loan

Mats Daehli to Leyton Orient - 5 Month Loan

In

Adryan from Flamengo - £875k

Zakaria Bakkali from PSV - £575k

Competition Progress

Premier League

The players started with a comfortable victory over West Ham at Old Trafford before recording a goalless draw at the Britannia. The early pacesetters are Arsenal who won both their opening games, including a home victory over Chelsea. Speaking of which, the West London outfit lie bottom early on after being thrashed at home by Stoke City. The three promoted sides have all started without a victory between them but it is still very early days in the new season.

http://imageshack.us/f/196/englishpremierdivisions.jpg/

Champions League

The draw for the group stages were made before the end of the month and the players face some tricky encounters with German side Schalke and Italian outfit Udinese as well as Slovenian minnows Maribor.

Capital One Cup

The draw for the Capital One Cup 3rd Round was also made before the end of the month and the players have been handed a tricky assignment at fellow Premier League side Sunderland.

I will post back in mid-season with an update on my 1st season in this United save and feedback is much appreciated.

Hey all,

Just been given the Man Utd job in 2016/2017 season, after they fired Pep! Was given £88m to spend, and with a whole lot of crap in the first team and reserves, gonna take some rebuilding, they've got the likes of Bale and Witsel, so I'm happy with that, but need to improve the rest of the team, especially with back ups as the ones I currently have are either ageing, or aren't good enough.

Signed Ter Stegen for £15m as he was transfer listed and his current ability is 4.5*, one of, if not the best keepers on the game! Also gone after old boy Magnus Wolff Eikrem to play the AMC slot if Kagawa isn't up to it, did want to sign Damiao as RVP and Rooney are getting on, but he doesn't wanna sign unfortunately, so gonna have to look elsewhere, there are a few promising regens that I'm looking at, really need to improve the defence though, Vidic isn't getting any younger and there's only Caulker and Vertonghen that are any good in there, so definitely need some improvements there!

Will post back with some updates and screenies if I remember!

Hey all,

Just been given the Man Utd job in 2016/2017 season, after they fired Pep! Was given £88m to spend, and with a whole lot of crap in the first team and reserves, gonna take some rebuilding, they've got the likes of Bale and Witsel, so I'm happy with that, but need to improve the rest of the team, especially with back ups as the ones I currently have are either ageing, or aren't good enough.

Oh how I look forward to the day when I'm given that sort of cash to spend on players!

Looks like a lot of people doing well, and Ronaldo coming back to a few of you. Kind of surprised by some of his stats, but still looks class, though for £130m odd, I wouldn't have bought him back to Man Utd.

Coming up to December now and top of the league. Only signed Bale so far for £25m but have Ronaldinho coming on a free in January as back up. Hoping he might sell some shirts. Rafael broke his foot and was out for a few months, been playing Buttner as RWB and he's been a beast!

Is everyone keeping Lindegaard or getting someone new in? I'm tempted to sell him and sign Butland.

did u untick valid takeovers only? im jealous i forgot to do it when i started my man utd game on the beta
I can't dind that option when starting a game. Where jdo I find it? I'm eager to get rid of the Glazers, but I don 't want David Gill taking over, either.

ManchesterUnited_TacticsPlayer.png

This position has yielded following results for Kagawa. This is after a painful first season where he never seemed happy or up for it...

ShinjiKagawa_OverviewAttributes.png

I play 4-4-1-1 with Rooney on AMC position and RVP advanced forward. I'm playing really well with my team now , but i'm having trouble getting the best out of Rooney.

Will inside forward work when i have rooney right behind the SC position ?

Does

Am playing a simple 4-4-2 (as AM wingers was leaving me very exposed) and have RVP as a Trequavista with a poacher along side (usually Welbeck and he's flying). Cant get Rooney performing at all but RVP is my top scorer and has the leagues most assists (some corners). Found he plays better than a deep lying playmaker.

Try not to read too much into the assistant reports and the stars for positions/best style. Welbeck is a 1 star as inside forward AML, but seems to deliver quite often when I change my formation. Find what works best for you.

Been so busy working I haven't even had a chance to play since the official release. I have decided to not continue my beta game though and start a fresh after testing a few tactics in the beta. Think I will go for a 3-3-2-2.

So my new United save starts off with me seeking Ashley Young for £27m & buying Fellaini for £500k & Anderson.

In the beta I went with Strootman but they're asking for an inflated fee this time round, so my attention turned to Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera who I brought in for £13.5m.

Was offered Cavani but I couldn't justify it with the 4 strikers already in the squad.

I play 4-4-1-1 with Rooney on AMC position and RVP advanced forward. I'm playing really well with my team now , but i'm having trouble getting the best out of Rooney.

Will inside forward work when i have rooney right behind the SC position ?

Does

I struggled with Rooney in that position TBH and I like Kagawa inside left cutting onto right foot & Van Persie inside right cutting onto left foot.

Oh how I look forward to the day when I'm given that sort of cash to spend on players!

Spent most of it on attackers, my DoF has an obsession with signing strikers, even though I have Rooney, RVP, Hernandez, and a regen, and I only play with 1! Ter Stegen has been one my best signings ever on FM, he saves everything, but then again, I've only ever had naff keepers, so seeing someone make a save is amazing to me.

My signings were:

Marc Andre Ter Stegen - £15.25m

Ivan Barreiro (regen) - £7.25m

Rasmus Elm - £13.25m

Marco Capuano - £13.5m

Gianluca Caprari - £18m

Ignacio Camacho - £14.5m

Rafael Romo - Free

Diego Fabbrini - £14m (that was my DoFs signing)

All in all, I spent £96m, but I sold crap that I wouldn't use and recouped £27m back.

My starting lineup when all are fit is;

Ter Stegen

Clyne - Vertonghen - Capuano - Criscito

Valencia - Witsel - Camacho - Bale

Kagawa

Barreiro

I struggled with Rooney in that position TBH and I like Kagawa inside left cutting onto right foot & Van Persie inside right cutting onto left foot.

ok, i'll try to put him on advanced playmaker and tweak the sliders a bit , i want him to 'overlap' rvp

Into the 4th season of my save now. The 3rd ended in horrible circumstances as in the last 3 games we blew the chance of a treble to finish with 0 trophies losing in the final league game, fa cup final and champions league semi final. The Romanian billionaire owners gave me 400m to spend so I decided to go out and get some more world class players to prevent a repeat of last season.

RVP had began to decline and barely scored any the previous year so my first port of call was a goalscorer. I drew up a shortlist of the worlds finest players which was topped by Messi but he wasn't interested instead I opted for Neymar. I also decided that I needed a playmaker to supply the chances for him so went back to Madrid to recruit another one of there best players in Mesut Ozil. Those 2 together with Cristiano Ronaldo should be an unstoppable attacking force for the season ahead.

I also brought in Jan Kirchhoff after Jonny Evans decided he wanted a new challenge and couldn't be convinced to stay. A 6'5" centre back with 18 pace isn't something you see very often.

My first choice team now looks something like this:

------------------- De Gea ---------------------

Smalling ------ Vidic ------ Hummels ------ Alaba

----------- Vidal ------------ L Bender ---------

------- Rooney ------ Ozil ------ Ronaldo -------

------------------- Neymar --------------------

I do rotate a lot with others players such as: Jones, Kirchhoff, Excoffier (regen), Fletcher, Powell, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, Isco, Henriquez, Grafite (regen).

Hopefully now this squad will go on to win many trophies.

ok, i'll try to put him on advanced playmaker and tweak the sliders a bit , i want him to 'overlap' rvp
Rooney in 2 different tactics I have created plays as a trequarista with tweaked settings and has been excellent for me. I'll post his instructions later but on way home from work now. Will be after 7:30pm though

Archived