FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a bit of trouble with RVP and my defence.

I normally play with Rooney as a DLF and RVP as an AF and that works well. Against tougher opponents, I have Rooney drop back in the AMC hole as a Treq. Rooney typically performs well but RVP is absymal up front alone as an AF. Anyone have any idea what I should do with him? I should note that typically Mike Phelan notes in these games that my crossing isn't going well.

Also, I'm having trouble against mid-table teams where I keep leaking goals. I have 60+% possession and am leading 2-0 but inevitably end up drawing 2-2. I'm not playing an extremely aggressive game. It's usually a control and balanced tactic iwith the following formation

Scholes/Carrick (DLP-S) Fletcher/Dembele (BWM-S/D)

Evra (FB-S) Vidic (CD-X) Ferdinand (CD-C) Rafael (FB-S)

Any suggestions? I could tighten my formation by narrowing play and switching from control to standard but that seems silly against mid-table teams.

Also, I'm having trouble against mid-table teams where I keep leaking goals. I have 60+% possession and am leading 2-0 but inevitably end up drawing 2-2. I'm not playing an extremely aggressive game. It's usually a control and balanced tactic iwith the following formation

I always use the "Retain Possesion" shout when at home after going ahead and I seem to always get the result.

I also use "Retain Possesion" away from home.

Retain Possession, Hassle Opponents and Work Ball INto Box are great. Obviously some of them are situational and others can be used in their place, but I find myself using those three the most.

With RvP I've played him as a Treq in the AMC hole and he does very well. Hernandez in front of him scored 37 goals in 47 appearances in the first season.

Retain Possession, Hassle Opponents and Work Ball INto Box are great. Obviously some of them are situational and others can be used in their place, but I find myself using those three the most.

With RvP I've played him as a Treq in the AMC hole and he does very well. Hernandez in front of him scored 37 goals in 47 appearances in the first season.

Thanks. Is Hernandez used as a poacher or AF?

Thanks. Is Hernandez used as a poacher or AF?

Hernandez is an AF. I also play Welbeck and Paloschi in the same role if Hernandez needs a rest etc. I've only ever played RvP up front when forced substitions have required me to. Generally have one winger and one IF out in my wide positions.

think you can find me as linderoth87 on Steam, Fabio. :thup:

Hernandez is an AF. I also play Welbeck and Paloschi in the same role if Hernandez needs a rest etc. I've only ever played RvP up front when forced substitions have required me to. Generally have one winger and one IF out in my wide positions.

think you can find me as linderoth87 on Steam, Fabio. :thup:

I have added you. :thup: For anyone who wants to add me I'm: mirzamvp

Brought in Bale after saying Strootman would be my only addition but I figured since I was only using this as a test save untill the full release I could thrown caution to the wind and experiment.

Thinking of bringing on Gotze & Fellaini just as a test to see if they offer anything more than my intended targets Strootman & Eriksen.

I Signed Dzagoev at the start of the game for free.. he is joining me in january 2013 .. a few days before he joins he got injured.. out for 6 months..

For next season i signed Salvatore Bochetti for free, he will be my second choice DCL ( Rio will retire and Jones plays in the midfield for me).

I'm only midway through the first season jso far. Bought KyleWalker (£14.75m) and Dennis Aogo (£7.5m) for the full back slots. Sold Nani to Arsenal (£19.25m) and Anderson to Everton (£7.5m). Cou;ldn't sign Fellaini, and agreed terms with Ba;ines jonly for him to sign for City at the last minute. I'll start a new save when the full version is released. I'm having some trouble with my younger players though. They jsay the training intensity is too high for them, and I jdon't know how to reduce individual players training levels.Can anyone lkgive me some advice on this please?

training > individual > focus intensity

or you could just ignore them, i do.

Since none of the guys complaining have a particular jfocus set yet, and the training schedule was set to average at the time they started moaning about it, I think I'll take the ignoring option!

Just finished my 3rd season with the more youthful team and this is how it went.

tckkn.jpg

Overall I am pleased but in truth we threw the league away.. beat City at home to go 6 points clear with 10 games to go. Lost all 5 of our last away games. Youngsters bottled it, created enough chances just couldn't convert at the end of the season. Neymar really struggled at the end of the season with poor morale for no reason it would seem. Lots to think about for next season.

Shocker is Liverpool. 'Arry took over at the start of the season and at xmas they were joint top with us only to go on a terrible run. 'Arry got sacked at end of season and the Gladbach manager has took over.

Wenger retired at the end of the season and Pep took the Arsenal job.

However my team faired better in the Champions League.

RtXft.jpg

I won't lie, I couldn't of hoped for better teams to play in the knockouts. Shakhtar 1st Round, Hannover Quarter Finals and Celtic Semi Finals who knocked out Barcelona the round before!

Neymar decided to put his slump of form behind him, MoM in the final. Glad I didn't have to play Real Madrid or any other big side over 2 legs as my away form at the end of the season was awful.

Lars Bender is a very good option for a defensive CM. Signed him for 17.75m in the first January transfer window.

I know this is a bit late, but wow that is a real bargain! I'm trying to get him at the same time and his club won't let him out for anything below a packaged deal of at least 60 mil...

So, I have started my long-term save game.

This is how I have set-up my save game:

UrPOG.png

CCglU.png

450MI.png

This is my manager profile and information:

dd8Rj.png

qbtZm.png

Everything is as it is in real life except for the year of birth. I was born in 1987, but the game automatically set it to 1986. I don't know why it didn't accept the year I have set.

I will post my next update at the begining of the September.

beta save still works so sticking to that

hating away games again, game seems randomly break your passing and marking, when you read "paul scholes is misplacing too many short passes" you know its bad :p

so far had a goal out of EVRA!!! and a 1-1 draw with newcastle (because passing was terrible) still top because Arsenal lost 5-0 to stoke O.O

started a game earlier and played half a season already.

Bought - Fellaini (23m), cavani (32m) and bale (27m)

Sold- Nani (23m), Hernandez (25m) and anderson (7.5m)

currently played 21 - 16w 3d 2l

10 points clear of chelsea (they got 2 games in hand)

feel a need to strengthen my full backs especially left back..any recommendation beside baines?

please feedback on how can i improve my team?

thanks!

started a game earlier and played half a season already.

Bought - Fellaini (23m), cavani (32m) and bale (27m)

Sold- Nani (23m), Hernandez (25m) and anderson (7.5m)

currently played 21 - 16w 3d 2l

10 points clear of chelsea (they got 2 games in hand)

feel a need to strengthen my full backs especially left back..any recommendation beside baines?

please feedback on how can i improve my team?

thanks!

finish the season with domestic treble but lost in CL 1/8 to Juve..

Bought Llorente (free), Neymar (35m), Isco (17.5m), Wellington Nem (57m), Digine (10.5m)

Sold Evra (10m), Carrick (10m), Welbeck (13m), Kagawa (30m), Fellaini (25m)

didnt want to sell welbeck but he was unhappy as u can see i got too many strikers.

Fellaini cmi so offer him off at 25m. bought him at 23m.

now starting season 2..hopefully can win CL..

Santon with some position training maybe?

@urizen7, I paid 17.75m for Lars in the first January window. Got his brother Sven for 15m the summer after.

I'm looking for a natural DR whos right foot is stronger then his left foot.

First of all, great thread Matty and hello to everyone else.

Started my save today and have just reached September. Brought in Pantaleo Corvino as my DoF, didn't plan to do any transfer business but he put a bid in for David Alaba, who looks awesome, so I approved the transfer.

Played 2 games so far, the first of which was a 2-2 draw at Southampton because of errors from Rafael and Evra (at least its realistic), then beat Reading 4-1 at home. Van Persie and Nani have been my best players.

First of all, great thread Matty and hello to everyone else.

Started my save today and have just reached September. Brought in Pantaleo Corvino as my DoF, didn't plan to do any transfer business but he put a bid in for David Alaba, who looks awesome, so I approved the transfer.

Played 2 games so far, the first of which was a 2-2 draw at Southampton because of errors from Rafael and Evra (at least its realistic), then beat Reading 4-1 at home. Van Persie and Nani have been my best players.

Was these errors stat related or tactic related?

Archived