FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just starting to get towards my 1st game of the 1st season. Pre season has gone pretty well. Made a few good signings also

Players in:

Papadopolous (DC) £16m

Alaba (DL) £17m

Fellaini (BWM) £5m + Anderson

Wellington Nem (AML/AMC) £3.5m

Adryan (AMC) £875k

Players Out:

Young £27m to arsenal.

i could not refuse this crazy offer and meant i could bring in both alaba and papadopolous as long term successors to Evra and Vidic. My CB are well covered now with Jones, Smalling and Evans also. Ferdinand i will let go at the end of the year.

Looking to sell off Macheda and Bebe and loan out pretty much my whole reserve squad. Henriquez is on loan at FC Twente and will keep Nick Powell for cup games.

I am also trying to bring in De Sciglio (DR) from ac milan to cover rafael. Has anyone bought him (bid rejected at £6.5m so far). If not open to suggestions of other good RB.

Rafael i will keep as he is decent and finally realising his potential in real life also. cracking player and one of uniteds players of the season so far for me.

Decided to finish my 2nd season after all. Changed my formation (just before Christmas) to a weird one that I was messing around with the first season until we lost 3 in a row to an avalanche of set piece goals. Love having 3 at the back atm, hardly see any clear cut chances from open play at all. My favorite moment of the season was beating Barcelona 2-0 at home in the CL Qtr Final with close to 60% possession and 88% passes completed. Lost to Real Madrid in the next round though. 1-0 away and 1-1 at home. Attack just not good enough in those 2 legs.

Won the league, just barely. Man City feel just a bit "overpowered" atm. :p Really pleased with our defense, as I mentioned above, attack could be a lot better though with the quality of our players. But goals and assists came from all over the park, so I guess it's ok. Rooney best player by far, but Robin was injured a lot.

Only spent money on Criscito (and Dzagoev, what a complete waste) so far in 2 seasons, he was immense in the left wing back role, with 7 goals and 8 assists. Got Llorente on a free as well, but that was probably a wasted signing if I'm gonna keep playing this formation. Have way to many attacking options and I'd really like to play Hernandez and and Welbeck more. Not sure I like not having wingers either when playing as United. Valencia can do a great job on the right wing back though.

Again not sure if I'll continue this save. Haven't put any effort into the future, buying prospects, training youngsters, or improving the backbone of the club in general, which I'd like to do in a proper United save. Also still feeling very unsure about training and match preparations in this version. Need to sit down and figure that out.

Belgium have so many good individuals but cant do anything on the international stage.... oh this sounds familiar >.>

anyway great result at the Lane, Evras goas was similar to a Rafael one in the PL, just in the box at the time to score.

A25004FD41FA7C8411E8BF29416C430376F420C6

and i do not understand what is with the matchs engines insistance in so much "ungentlemanly conduct" events, even on players with yellows and no history of it in RL.

going to start a save with united tomorrow i will have the 30 million to spend where do you think i should spend it and who to spend it on thanks

The most important part of the squad in my opinion is cover for both full backs and another good DM. everywhere else you have more than enough quality and cover.

DL its up to you. I bought Alaba from Bayern for £17m as he looks amazing and will be long term replacement for Evra. I will sell Evra at end of season and use Fabio as back up.

DR a lot of people are buying walker but i would have rafael as first choice so wont go for him. I am still looking for cover for rafael but not got anyone yet.

DM / Ball winner offer £5m + anderson for Fellaini as soon as you start and everton agree. alternatively luiz gustavo from bayern starts on the loan and transfer list and he looks a solid DM for £8.75m

going to start a save with united tomorrow i will have the 30 million to spend where do you think i should spend it and who to spend it on thanks

what formation will u play ? I would get Fellaini and Hummels. Fellaini u can get for 0 (exchange with anderson) and spend the rest on a central defender (Hummels) and a good midfielder (Bale if u need a fast winger or Götze if u need a playmaker!)

I have just started the 2nd season after winning the league on the final day of the first. Here is a summary of my transfer business:

IN:

Isco - £17.5m

Hummels - £27m

Drobny - free

I got Isco because I often found myself short in the attacking positions during the first season and he has excellent stats. Some of you will think Hummels was not needed but I often play Smalling at RB and Jones at DMC so I felt another player was needed.

OUT:

Macheda - Watford - £2.8m - I only use 1 striker so he was never going to play

Lindegaard - Udinese - £5m - Complained about not playing enough and this was a really good offer.

Evra - Lyon - £4.2m - Alaba was so much better that he was easily first choice and with Fabio returning I decided to cash in.

Anderson - Swansea - £4.4m - Would of liked more but he wanted more first team action so I didn't want to keep him against his will.

Welbeck - Newcastle - £10m - Same story as Ando, would of liked more but he wanted to leave.

Young - Tottenham - loan - He was dreadful in the first season and just doesn't justify 90k p/w wages.

I have promoted Powell and Henriquez to the first team for this season and have them being tutored by Scholes and Rooney. Hopefully they will develop nicely and eventually become starters. I also picked up 4 really good regens.

Played the community shield against Chelsea and came from 2 down to win 4-2, RVP getting a hattrick. Got a tough champions league group with Dortmund, Marseille and Feyenoord but should progress to the knockout rounds.

I always start with the Standard one and then change to the Attacking one or to the Defending one if needed. I also have two sets of touchline shouts (Attacking set and Defending set) that I combine with my three tactics. I don't use OI.

VYKcC.jpg

0El0F.jpg

BlYJl.jpg

x1qwc.png

bIjY3.png

So, come September here are my transfers and this is how the pre-season went. In the first two competitive matches I was still experimenting with my tactics just like in pre-season matches and now that I have finalized them it is time for the real deal. :brock:

isY30.png

After couple of candidates for back-up for Rafael I went in on for Clyne in the end.

45ArT.png

I've been drawn home against Bolton in Capital One Cup. Juventus, Zenit and Red Bull Salzburg in the CL. Not the easiest one I'd say.

If anyone wants to see any SS from the so far matches just let me know. :thup:

With your three tactics, is it only the team settings you change from attacking balanced etc or do you change the player settings too?

The tactic you uploaded for me works well so far. I have tweaked just a little bit but all in all not many changes.

Would be good if you could upload all three so we can have a look if possible.

Started a new long term save with a friend. Using three tactics, Flat 4-4-2 & Two 4-4-2 with AM L&R. Signed only two players in the transfer window with only Nani going out. Signed Gareth Bale for £24m & Lars Bender for £25m. Team performance has generally been OK, Dominating most games but conceding a silly amount of goals to defensive errors, Happens almost every game.

I've not played as United on the last few FM's because of the club debts. I was worried about building a squad & then not being able to keep it together. How do you guys find it in the future ? Does the £9m going out every month cripple the club or does it work out over the season with all the TV & Champions League money etc ?

With your three tactics, is it only the team settings you change from attacking balanced etc or do you change the player settings too?

The tactic you uploaded for me works well so far. I have tweaked just a little bit but all in all not many changes.

Would be good if you could upload all three so we can have a look if possible.

Where do I upload them? Someone tell me a free uploading web site. :D

I've not played as United on the last few FM's because of the club debts. I was worried about building a squad & then not being able to keep it together. How do you guys find it in the future ? Does the £9m going out every month cripple the club or does it work out over the season with all the TV & Champions League money etc ?

United are the richest club in FM13, and make £100m+ profit each season, just like in real life the clubs debt doesn't affect the club itself.

So after the Swiss businessman took over United and gave me many millions to play with, I re-shaped the team a little and brought in a couple of recognizable faces.

transfersseason3.png

My team is now this and generally lines up like this. Nani and Ben Arfa share that right wing spot, Nani's been in slightly better form as of late though.

unitedseason3.png

Just got to the end of the 1st transfer window. Loving the new deadline day interaction.

Decided on going for De Sciglio from Milan for RB but cost me deal worth £12.5m in the end. Only decided to spend that much once i saw a few comments on here that financially the club does not keep losing loads of money so hopefully that proves to be the case.

Transfers Screenshot:

ScreenShot2012-11-04at190041.png

started Season with 2 wins (2-1 home vs city and 3-0 away to swansea). Playing a 4-3-2-1 formation so far and starting line up as follows:

GK: De Gea

FB Defend: Rafael & Alaba

CB Cover: Jones

CB Stopper: Vidic

MR Winger Support: Valencia

ML Winger Support: Nani

MC BWM Defend: Fellaini

AMCR Advanced Playmaker Support: Kagawa

AMCL Trequarista: Rooney

ST Advanced Forward: RVP

So after the Swiss businessman took over United and gave me many millions to play with, I re-shaped the team a little and brought in a couple of recognizable faces.

transfersseason3.png

My team is now this and generally lines up like this. Nani and Ben Arfa share that right wing spot, Nani's been in slightly better form as of late though.

unitedseason3.png

did u untick valid takeovers only? im jealous i forgot to do it when i started my man utd game on the beta

I had to start a new save because of install/update problems of the full version.. damn it

I bought Fellaini (exchange with anderson) for 0 ! , Svensson(Rosenborg) , Adryan , a dozen of youngsters (valencia, bakkali, schrijvers, campbell, etc..)

Got Bale for 28 milj and Hummels for 25 milj .

Sold Young to Spurs for 20 milj.

Currently playing 4-4-1-1 , post my results later !

I have started my new long term save game today. The set-up is the same as it was when I first started it last week on Friday and you can see it in this thread as I have posted it. I will let you know how I get on at the end of August.

Hi guys! kinda new to this forum, been on FM-base for a while.. I see some of you guys have great success with Man United and id love download some of your tactics to see up close how they are set up, with player instructions etc etc.. I find FM13 extremely hard to make a decent tactic, both defensivly and in attack, getting some crazy results!

I played two seasons on the BETA but decided to start again with the full game. Decided against buying anyone in the first window so went with the current squad and its going quite well. Top of the league and also came through my Champions League group fairly easily. Drawn Valencia in the last 16. Unfortunately got knocked out of the League Cup losing 2-1 at Everton but I did play the kids in that one. One problem I'm having is beating the smaller teams at home funnily enough, I've beaten City, Arsenal and Liverpool all easily at home but have drawn at home to Wigan, West Ham and needed a Smalling header in the 90th minute to beat Southampton. Find it hard to break these teams down for some reason.

Just secured a 2nd consecutive league title with 3 games to spare! Decided to play a young team away at Stamford Bridge in the next game and won 3-0 with Henriquez getting a brace. Despite the league success (on course for 99 points this season) I was knocked out of both domestic cups in the early stages. Its been a different story in the hunt for European glory however after being given easy draws against Celtic and Fenerbahce. The semi-finals saw us clash with City and after drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford I was quite concerned but we managed to pull off a 2-1 win at the Etihad to reach the final. We will face Spanish giants Real Madrid who knocked us out in the quarter finals last year so it will be a very tough game.

Edit: Finished on 99 points and went 15 consecutive league games without conceding which is quite some record. Dave kept 26 clean sheets in total. Now onto the Champions League final!

Edit 2: unfortunately the season ended in heartbreak as Cristiano scored a last minute winner after De Gea spilled an easy shot. Still very pleased with the season in general though.

Hi guys! kinda new to this forum, been on FM-base for a while.. I see some of you guys have great success with Man United and id love download some of your tactics to see up close how they are set up, with player instructions etc etc.. I find FM13 extremely hard to make a decent tactic, both defensivly and in attack, getting some crazy results!

http://www2.zshare.ma/pm1cf17ysffb

* Touchline instruction: Get ball forward, pass into space, work ball into box, hassle opponents.

Can't guarantee anything, had really good success so far with it on one save and on another its unpredictable.

8r8fX.png

vTXSd.png]

Archived