FM 13 New Vid: Integrated Leaderboard

Smurf

I like this idea in theory. But surely they will just be compromised and cheapened by people who use FMRTE and edited databases?

Not necessarily, if your score is altered depending on the strength of your club it'll mean cheatingly-edited DBs etc will just end up with much lower scores on average because they'd be using super teams.

Not necessarily, if your score is altered depending on the strength of your club it'll mean cheatingly-edited DBs etc will just end up with much lower scores on average because they'd be using super teams.

Id rather these scores weren't used if they had cheated as it will eventually make a

Mockery of the Leaderboards Just my opinion

Be nice if you could choose which of your New Games you want to count towards the overall leaderboard.

Some games I play for a bit of fun and admittedly cheat on - because it's not my main save, much like when I play GTA and just go around getting the army to come after me lol.

I'd like the option to be able to say I don't my edited database to be part of the overall scores. Sometimes I add myself in with the data editor. And I wouldn't want that game to be part of my overall score.

Let's hope that anyone useing fmrte or edited databases there scores won't count

Can we use custom realistic leagues tho? Like I like playing in West Asia (where SI doesn't even have a single out of the box league to play in), and some smaller European leagues and expansions, and the North American lower leagues. I hope I'm still eligible for the leaderboard if I move to a out of the box league from those leagues.

Every video they have brought out hasn't been that informative and we all just want more answers maybe videos should be at least 10 mins long.

Also if your leagues not in the main game then it shouldn't be included in the Leaderboards if SI put these leagues in the game then fair dos but they haven't so why should edited database be included?

As mentioned in the video, using them will drastically reduce the score by the sound of it, so it shouldn't be a problem from a leaderboard point-of-view.

I imagined that their usage will be logged and therefore highlighted with a lower score but the " cyber world " is plenty of cheaters with a ton of workarounds so no one IMO can't trust the winners are using legal ways.

As mentioned in the video, using them will drastically reduce the score by the sound of it, so it shouldn't be a problem from a leaderboard point-of-view.

That's only or the quick game feature, and they have separate Leaderboards,

I'm more interested to know how the main game Leaderboards will work and it was a crap teaser ha

You know what I took out of this one?

The (probable) challenge names, at 0:29. I don't know if they're the same as FMH, I'm sure someone will tell me if they are. But my guess would be as follows:

Injury Crisis - The vaguest of names. Have to achieve something (win the league?) despite severe injury problems.

The Invincibles - You take over a side that has won every game, who must continue to do that (or, at least, remain unbeaten) until the end of the season.

The Saviour Cometh - Bottom of the table, save the club from relegation.

You can't win anything with kids - "Club average age must be below X years old" or "Can't sign any players over X years old".

As long as I can opt out of the Leaderboards, that's all I need to know about the feature.

Challenge names have already been revealed in the screenshots thread.

Also, using an edited database will probably outright remove you from leaderboards; Whereas programs like FMRTE could just be detected and exclude you from leaderboards as well. That's just me assuming how it works, but as with anything, there will always be cheaters.

I imagined that their usage will be logged and therefore highlighted with a lower score but the " cyber world " is plenty of cheaters with a ton of workarounds so no one IMO can't trust the winners are using legal ways.

Exactly, people will use re-loading to win every game or take over several teams to sell players on the cheap to their team. Online game leaderboards never mean much to me so it's not something I'll be paying much attention to in FM.

What is there to stop people using the editor and getting loads of decent players for a lower league club, therefore smashing to the top of the Leaderboards? i know for a fact there will be a few sad idiots who will do this.

I don't see how real this would be and how it will work...Shall I compare myself to Mr.FMRTE or to QuitLoadboy or to Iamsugardaddy?Is there any way that Steam can leave out the "cheaters" from the leaderboards?I am afraid not..

I like this idea in theory. But surely they will just be compromised and cheapened by people who use FMRTE and edited databases?

I assume that your game won't show up on leaderboards if you load database edits.

With that said, there are an enormous number of people (myself included) who use the official editor for honest reasons (e.g., adding playable leagues, transfer/roster updates in under-researched nations, improving weak or inaccurate AI tactics, etc.), so I'm hoping we'll still have an official editor and will be given the option of opting out of online rankings.

I assume that your game won't show up on leaderboards if you load database edits.

With that said, there are an enormous number of people (myself included) who use the official editor for honest reasons (e.g., adding playable leagues, transfer updates in under-researched nations, improving weak or inaccurate AI tactics, etc.), so I hope they aren't getting rid of the official editor altogether.

I don't think they will ever get rid of the editor, if you use it at all you shouldn't be on a Leaderboard, that's the road they will go down

I don't think they will ever get rid of the editor, if you use it at all you shouldn't be on a Leaderboard, that's the road they will go down

Why?

Why shouldn't they use it? As long as the score modifier adjusts itself to the changes you've made it'll be fine.

Archived