Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that Steve Kean and Alex Mcleash are available :p

why would Di Matteo be sacked so early? i'm execting and wanting a draw between Chelsea and City. (or Chelsea to give city a thumping)

If you're going to keep making this joke, can I please beg you to spell McLeish's name correctly? ;)

p.s. Keep it coming. There will be plenty more opportunities to make it. :D

How did Torres' cameo do anything to suggest we'd have done any better? Like me suggesting that the game proves Turnbull is the best keeping option ffs.
Torres was the only player's name I've heard everyone say the wanted to see dropped as if he was the reason for the team playing poorly.

Really disappointing performance but we had a couple of chances in the first half. If that Hazard shot goes in then I think we could have had at least a draw. Let's just hope Shakhtar will still be up for the Juventus game and beat them, then we beat Nords.

Felt absolutely humiliated and depressed after the game, getting over it now but still can't face the fact that we are making our own history in a bad way, being the first ever holders to go out in the group stage. But it is not all doom and gloom, Shakhtar will want to top the group and for certain will play their best team against Juve and they are a formidable outfit at home and outplayed Juve in Turin. Problem is Juve will be more up for the game than Shakhtar will as it means means more for them. But just imagine had Juve beaten Norsejland (don't know they did not manage to with all respect), we would have been confirmed out and maybe that draw for them there could be a blessing in disguise for us. Had we just held out our lead against Juve, case would have been so much different.

Well tbh based on performances anyway, we deserve to go out and if Shakhtar and uve go through, deservedly so. Let's just pray Shakhtar do what they do best and win at home. They definitely can beat Juve, fingers crossed. That is one of the hardest games, you can have to ensure your tea goes through to the next round. People acting like as if they are playing Noorsejland, no they are playing Shakhtar and while many of you may point out that Shakhtar are already through so it may mean less to them, they definitely will want to top the group like I already said. They don't want to get to a situation where they finish second and face a possibility of playing Barca and last time that happened Barca battered them 5-0. Barca are a team nearly everyone will want to avoid, so Shakhtar will be desperate to finish top. Out of our hands but all to play for!

Shakhtar can top the group if they have a little schmooze with Juventus for a draw.

Not sure RDM needed to fudge about with the side so much last night.

Juventus look a good side but Chelsea should at least be matching them a lot closer and really blew it with that home game as well

Strong rumours that Liverpool and Chelsea are negotiating a deal for Sturridge £15 million is the believed fee. I feel there are better players about for the fee but he is quick young and scores goals so hopefully if he does join he will do well for us.

I find it sad that a manager who around 20 games ago won the champions league along with an FA cup just days before could be getting sacked. Chelsea were flying until 3 weeks ago now a few bad results and it looks like a matter of time until he gets sacked.

Archived