What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

How about instead of just an option to build a new stadium the board can instead decide to redevelop the existing one like Liverpool had considered and other clubs have done, maybe building a new stadium on the existing ground and more details as to where abouts the new stadium would be located should they choose that option.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this thread is for new features only or suggested improvements for FM2014...Anyways...

1) First and foremost shooting is too wayward - the amount of shots off target - this applies to the Championship and Premier league - this spoils the game for me - part of the problem is that the ME Stats are calculated wrongly insomuch as when the keeper saves a shot it is counted as on-target even if the shot is going wide. Secondly far too many shots are far off-target, nearer the corner flag than the goal... unreal.

2) A minor thing, but there should still be a cheer at the final whistle when the away team wins! after all they get one for winning a corner!

3) Players release fees are unrealistic, up to £100 million sometimes for good but not special players (even the very best do not approach 100 million in reality)

Arkon

This thread is really meant for new feature suggestions or significant changes to existing modules rather than fixing existing faults, existing faults are best reported/discussed in a devoted thread.

I should point out also that suggestions made in this thread at this stage won't make it into FM14 unless they're already scheduled to be (unless they're somewhat earth shaking and doeable at short notice :))

SI take any good ideas from this thread and add them to the "possible in the future" list, they consult that list when planning development of the next release (the next such planning meeting will be for FM15)

Well I directed Arkon here, so apologies, but I didn't know what he was going to post

Arkon:

1 - This is better posted as a bug in the ME bugs forum. However, to post there you should really have lots of evidence to back up your gut feeling on this, such as some statistics and some pkms of matches where it is evident.

2 - probably belongs here, though whether or not I agree depends on the match. E.g. St. Johnstone v Celtic - yes, Celtic v St Johnstone - no.

3 - Are you talking about release fees in Spain? Where are you getting your 'in reality' from? From what I know Spanish players do have exorbitant release fees IRL, as the release fees are required by law but the club owning them has no intention of them ever being met. I assume Brazil is the same but I don't know enough about Brazil IRL. If you think it is really a problem then post examples in the data issues thread for that league with evidence if it is near the start of the game (IRL data) or in the relevant bugs forum if it is later on. Personally I have never found a problem

We need more tones.

Sometimes I am forced to be 'assertive' when really I want to be 'adamant'. Sometimes 'reluctant' when really I wish to be 'pensive', sometimes 'aggresive' when really I feel more 'irate'. Tones are now a major part of the game, leading to lots of key news items about what tone you use, so it should be done better.

My big fear is that FM is going to go the way of so many other games. It has already begun with the Facebook/Twitter nonsense, though I appreciate some odd people go for that, but how long until it is just all gimmicks? PC version of kineckt implemented? Purely steam achievements driven? more unlockables? The inattention to detail worries me. It was fine during the beta, and I'm not talkign about the ME here, but there are so many niggles that really eat into the enjoyment of games that are just unforgivable so long after release, that I don't have much faith in them being fixed for FM 14. Instead it is more likely that my above suggestion will actually be implemented. I'm gonna buy FM 14, but I'm fully expecting it to be just as carelessly attended.

Integrate FMC into the main game.

Just have a load of options that you can turn on/off at any time to enable/disable 'features' of the game so that the user can play as light or in depth as they choose:

Had enough of press conferences? Off.

Want to switch from a lighter training system to a more involved set-up, now that you have some decent newgens? On.

Swap for a lighter staff set-up and let the AI take care of business, then swap back again when you get promoted.

Start a quick game with just one nation, and add more as you go along.

Don't want to play through that FA Vase preliminary qualifying round against Cloggers Utd? Ask the assistant to take control.

Need to pad out your team in the early stages of a Lower League save? Ask your Director of Football to fill up the wage budget on short term contracts, then make your own decisions in the next transfer window.

I know, I'm a genius. Sorry SI, I'm not looking for work.

Great suggestion. I'm still on FM2010, but I'd love to turn off the bits of the game I find tiresome (press conferences, team talks, training, staff appointments) whilst keeping everything else.

Great suggestion. I'm still on FM2010, but I'd love to turn off the bits of the game I find tiresome (press conferences, team talks, training, staff appointments) whilst keeping everything else.

You already can, whilst playing the main game. It is in the 'staff resposiblities' of FM 13

Might have been mentioned but I feel one aspect that isn't realistic is the ability to get better jobs - currently it's way too easy, for example.....

1) Started off unemployed with sunday league rep, got a job at AGOVV in Dutch 2nd division, got them promoted, had half a season in mid table in Div 1 then took the Swindon town job (20th in league 1) - thats all fine, then I got them promoted that season, then promoted promoted to the prem the next season - before the prem started I got the Napoli job, they had daddied the league 2 seasons running, amazing squad etc - to me that just wasn't realistic at all - I'd have expected to be offered a lower prem side/big champ side job at best......

2) Started off unemployed with sunday league rep, got a job at Zamora for a season, (spanish 3rd div) got them promoted, went to Port Vale in League 2 - got them promoted, went to Portsmouth in League 2, got them promoted, then halfway through that season (in mid table in league 1) got the Burnley job (sitting 19th in the champ), 5 games later got the West Brom job (mid table in the champ, 27m transfer budget!), then got them to touching distance of the title at the end of the season - got offered Arsenal Job, they are 6 points clear in the prem and in the CL 1/4 finals........against the last 2 roles aren't that realistic IMO!

In summary you should have to prove yourself before being offered much better jobs.

I agree its too easy. It has been mentioned before but needs mentioned again and again and again.

Also need a rep below 'Sunday League' as currently you can get too high jobs with 'Sunday League' e.g. Liga adelante.

An ex-Sunday League footballer couldn't walk into a Liga adelante job. (Questionable he could anywhere but for the purposes of the game the lowest POSSIBLE active league in each nation should suffice, rather than the lowest ACTIVE league as it seemingly is now, within reason).

Player of the match needs tinkering.

Beat Wigan 2-0 n the FA cup (away), Wilshere scoring 2 goals got 8.9 and PoM, fair enough in a normal game, however, in scoring these 2 goals, he also conceded a penalty, the 2nd against me, my keeper saved both.

now surely 2 penalty saves is better then 2 goals + 1 penalty conceded?

Player of the match needs tinkering.

Beat Wigan 2-0 n the FA cup (away), Wilshere scoring 2 goals got 8.9 and PoM, fair enough in a normal game, however, in scoring these 2 goals, he also conceded a penalty, the 2nd against me, my keeper saved both.

now surely 2 penalty saves is better then 2 goals + 1 penalty conceded?

For once the PoM sounds realistic. I always thought FM just based it on events.

Why should the keeper get MoM if all he had to do all game was save 2 pens?

Why shouldn't Wilshere get it if he was magnificent all match, but for one accidental slip? Performance is about more than tap-in goals or dodgy penalties, and its typical of the twitter/101gg/dailyrecord online generation to think otherwise.

I fully agree player of the match needs tinkering, but to make it less based on mere events, rather than more-so, as you seem to be claiming.

I agree its too easy. It has been mentioned before but needs mentioned again and again and again.

Also need a rep below 'Sunday League' as currently you can get too high jobs with 'Sunday League' e.g. Liga adelante.

An ex-Sunday League footballer couldn't walk into a Liga adelante job. (Questionable he could anywhere but for the purposes of the game the lowest POSSIBLE active league in each nation should suffice, rather than the lowest ACTIVE league as it seemingly is now, within reason).

I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned by someone somewhere else, but maybe the qualifications thing could be looked at too - possibly by inserting a 'coaching badge' module into the game that would limit the types of jobs on offer...and possibly extend the range of unedited/unmodded playable leagues down a level or two.

There'd be a need to include it as a feature to be turned on or off to allow for jumping in at big clubs though.

Well I directed Arkon here, so apologies, but I didn't know what he was going to post

Thanks for pointing that out.

Arkon:

1 - This is better posted as a bug in the ME bugs forum. However, to post there you should really have lots of evidence to back up your gut feeling on this, such as some statistics and some pkms of matches where it is evident.

I posted this some months ago in the Bugs forum with relevant PKM but did not receive any feedback...

2 - probably belongs here, though whether or not I agree depends on the match. E.g. St. Johnstone v Celtic - yes, Celtic v St Johnstone - no.

All games I have seen from Championship/Premier league - its just an over site but makes the match end abruptly

3 - Are you talking about release fees in Spain? Where are you getting your 'in reality' from? From what I know Spanish players do have exorbitant release fees IRL, as the release fees are required by law but the club owning them has no intention of them ever being met. I assume Brazil is the same but I don't know enough about Brazil IRL. If you think it is really a problem then post examples in the data issues thread for that league with evidence if it is near the start of the game (IRL data) or in the relevant bugs forum if it is later on. Personally I have never found a problem

Example: Arouca at Santos> Value = £4.7m Asking price = £6m Minimum Release Fee = £66m

Thanks for your replies

Arkon

Example: Arouca at Santos> Value = £4.7m Asking price = £6m Minimum Release Fee = £66m

Thanks for your replies

Arkon

and the problem is?

Its no different to real life where players in the likes of Spain & Brazil all have high release clauses in their contracts.

Yeak Arkon as I said before they are in by law and aren't ever intended to be used, which the game accurately reflects.

You can't use 'value' and 'asking price' as reference points as the they have zero relation, only their IRL min fee clauses, which are probably quite accurate.

Yeak Arkon as I said before they are in by law and aren't ever intended to be used, which the game accurately reflects.

You can't use 'value' and 'asking price' as reference points as the they have zero relation, only their IRL min fee clauses, which are probably quite accurate.

Hmmmm sounds a bit of a mess to me.... by who's law? not FM I guess - if they have no purpose get rid of em and put something in that helps the game.

Screwed up my replies to 1 and 2 last post...

1) I posted this some months ago in the Bugs forum with relevant PKM but did not receive any feedback...

2) All games I have seen from Championship/Premier league - its just an over-site but makes the match end abruptly

Regards

Arkon

Hmmmm sounds a bit of a mess to me.... by who's law? not FM I guess - if they have no purpose get rid of em and put something in that helps the game.

Spanish and Brazilian employment law I assume. They are there for the purposes of realism, and as such help the game.

I tried using the search for keywords and can't seem to see if this is mentioned.....however

I would like to see introduced (or improved on) is the ability to choose which leagues to auto apply for jobs in when going on holiday. Little annoying when you that you constantly get offers from jobs you would not seriously even consider. I know they introduced this tier system of top clubs and higher division clubs however I seem to be applying for higher division clubs in countries I have no interest in managing in. However if they bring in what leagues you would apply for jobs in this vastly reduces this.

Been playing FM for 6 years now and onto my 17th season in my current save. Have found a number of things that would help the game.

Set Pieces

Advanced zonal marking and being able to instruct players to stand in a certain area e.g penalty spot, 6 yard line left, right, centre etc.

Being able to look at how the opposition set up at set pieces pre match so you can adapt.

Not sure if Its just me but I score quite a few goals from corners using a near post cross set up but I also concede quite a few when I shouldn't. My defenders are top class with all the stats to defend well and they are set to man mark or to certain areas but I still concede to much for my liking. Its as if since I score a lot from the corners the game evens it out but making me concede.

Contracts

Rolling contracts would be good. Its part of football and would be a good addition. If you were on a rolling contract at the end of the season you could have a chat with the chairmen and discuss your budget, expectations and you can agree to stay another year, negotiate budget or move on.

Pay as you play deals for players would be good as well. Maybe if you have an older player that is prone to injury you can have him on a pay as you play. Good if your on a tight budget and looking to bring in an older player that has maybe on the decline.

Transfers

As I ave got further into the game and when real players have retired and it's more and more regens in the game, I find it hard to find good players between the age of 23-28 for a reasonable price. Clubs always want daft sums of money or don't want to sell. When I send out the scouts it usually just lists of youngsters (14-19) this is fine if you want to be at a club for years to come but if you only play to spend say 5 years at a club it's not so good. Other clubs always want over the top prices for their players but will only offer you the value of what the player you are selling is or a bit more.

Unrealistic

I often find silly scores far too often as I progress through the game. I usually see 5-10 big scores like 8-0 by teams like Man U in the EPL. In reality you may get one big score like this a season. They are also too many daft scores in the champions league like 5-2, 4-1, in the later stages in first leg games. How often do you see this in real life?

Tactics

More detail in tactics especially for defenders and goal keepers. Options for keepers to come out and collect more at corners or not to rush out of position to clear balls. I have seen it to often where my keeper rushes out wide mis clears the ball then the other team score into an open goal.

Also an option to do with diving. Far to many times my players have been sent off after collecting a second yellow for diving. I know it is part of the modern game but an option should be there to tell them to never dive or in the player chat you should be able to warn them and tell them if they continue to do it you will drop or fine them.

I would like SI to move to a two year release model with support for the current product to be 18 months rather than 6.

Please don't think of this as an attack as I enjoy when November comes around.

I just think they could get more done to implement improvements in that extra year.

I would like SI to move to a two year release model with support for the current product to be 18 months rather than 6.

Please don't think of this as an attack as I enjoy when November comes around.

I just think they could get more done to implement improvements in that extra year.

Regardless of the value of that idea in isolation, you are asking the company to halve their profit, it simply will never happen.

I would like to see an option which will allow me to move money from my transfer budget to the club's budget (Now I'm in minus although I have 35 milion pounds for transfers)

They aren't seperate pots of money. The money in your transfer budget doesn't actually exist. It is just an amount of money your board have calculated they are willing to let you spend in light of your bank budget.

Haven't you noticed that if you spend the 'transfer budget' money your bank balance magically goes down? Or do you just use 48 month deals

Another would be a little more chat options with players. One example is if a player has decided to leave on a free transfer at the end of their contract with one manager however you arrive as a new manager and seriously want him to stay. I want to chat to them say that they are in my plans and seriously want him to stay and so listen to a contract offer from yourselves or if you make promises and after a period of proof that they would change their mind and want to stay.

I once joined sunderland. Connor Wickham was transfer listed by request and is leaving on a free. I join, I play him he plays well as well, I praise him a lot, he even says he wants to be taken off the transfer list as well which says to me that things are working however there is no way I can offer him a new contract at all no interaction for it at all not even listen to any offers we want to give him. He was earning a fair bit as well but left to go to a lesser club and for less money.

Maybe advanced statistical analysis of fixtures during the season. In a similar way to the positional graph you see when clicking your team's league position, it would be interesting to see a similar graph throughout the season for possession stats, shots on goal/target, yellow/red cards with an indication of whether that game was won/drawn/lost. E.g. whenever my team finished a game with 55% possession, we avoided defeat

More interaction with your DOF/HOYD in terms of what sort of player they're could be looking for if you select them to go and sign in players for youth/first team. Suggest to them you recommend they look for a left back or libero etc and set some min/max values they need to find players for, like a scouts report.

More interaction with your DOF/HOYD in terms of what sort of player they're could be looking for if you select them to go and sign in players for youth/first team. Suggest to them you recommend they look for a left back or libero etc and set some min/max values they need to find players for, like a scouts report.

I would like the option with DOF(not so much HOYD as any player with good potential is always good) that before they make any offers to run by you a list of players that they see as potential targets and you can say yes or no. Little annoying that they go and make offers and you have to cancel them because they are not really what you are after. Don;t think this is how it works in real life where a manager would cancel a signing after a DOF has done lots of negotiating because the manager does not want that player.

I agree. Though i've usually seen my HOYD going to Brazil and just picking up any old player, without them being scouted. I assign a scout to them and its usually 3-3.5* potential so I reject them. If they signed players that were fitting into the system i'm playing all through the club then that would be OK but to sign either a fullback or striker when I don't utilise either makes it less worthwhile.

I would like the option with DOF(not so much HOYD as any player with good potential is always good) that before they make any offers to run by you a list of players that they see as potential targets and you can say yes or no. Little annoying that they go and make offers and you have to cancel them because they are not really what you are after. Don;t think this is how it works in real life where a manager would cancel a signing after a DOF has done lots of negotiating because the manager does not want that player.

Spot on.

I would like the option to 'release control' when you are bored of managing the same team. This option would be found next to the resign and retire options but would allow you to 'release control' of the current manager meaning that they would become just like a computer manager with stats etc. but would still play how you would and sign similar players. This suggestion comes after I have been playing as Liverpool from 2012-2043 and would like to try a different club but as a new manager whilst my current manager can continue at Liverpool. This feature may need a better name rather than 'release control' and would work better for longer career managers as the stats would be more accurate.

1. Job Interviews

Being asked or invited to apply and interview for job positions would be great. Gives you a chance to get a job your reputation does not warrant by interviewing well or lose a job to another candidate if you interview poorly. The interview should be more than just the standard 'Press Conference' questions each time. Questions such as: How will you build your squad? Who are the key players? Who would you bring in? What are your ambitions for this year? Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? etc.

3. Reality 'Reset'

If you get the job you've always wanted, you get the chance to 'reset' the game's database with the players of 2014. For example, if you are a Juventus fan and you get the Juventus job in 2024, you hit the reality reset and it keeps all of your achievements, reputation and history but brings all the players for every team back to 2014.

4. Regen Variety

Change the faces of the regens completely. They all still look 16 when they reach 40 and they all look the same. Facial hair, wrinkles, hair styles, etc.

5. Opportunity to Talk to Future Transfer Players

Just like the 'Job Interview,' have the possibility to interview future transfer players about why they want to join or convince them to join the club after their team has accepted a transfer bid.

6. Create Assistant Managers

If I want to make my friend my assistant manager, create a new manager and click "Assistant." Not playable, just a staff member that can help me out like any other.

7. More Realistic Negotiations with Contracts

3. Reality 'Reset'

If you get the job you've always wanted, you get the chance to 'reset' the game's database with the players of 2014. For example, if you are a Juventus fan and you get the Juventus job in 2024, you hit the reality reset and it keeps all of your achievements, reputation and history but brings all the players for every team back to 2014.

The first few times I read this I thought it was totally absurd, but it is in fact a thoroughly appealing ideal.

Sadly, I don't think bringing the players to 2014 would work, I would prefer to actually rewind to 2014 and back-date all your achievements accordingly. Then you would risk having the change history for who won what cup etc, so I kind of think its better that it maybe keeps your reputation and just says you won "8 Premier League trophies" for example, without saying who with or when, and gives you the rep accordingly. Sadly I still think it is far to complex to ever happen, but I think its a great idea.

In-Game Player Instructions:

Have the ability to draw with a click-and-drag of the mouse where you want your players to move on defense and in possession. A new attribute would have to be made for players that says whether they listen to coach instructions during games (1-20). Most should be very high unless you have arrogant players. Also, the ability to tell individual players "Shoot," "pass," "pressure" or drop would be helpful.

1. Job Interviews

Being asked or invited to apply and interview for job positions would be great. Gives you a chance to get a job your reputation does not warrant by interviewing well or lose a job to another candidate if you interview poorly. The interview should be more than just the standard 'Press Conference' questions each time. Questions such as: How will you build your squad? Who are the key players? Who would you bring in? What are your ambitions for this year? Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years? etc.

3. Reality 'Reset'

4. Regen Variety

Change the faces of the regens completely. They all still look 16 when they reach 40 and they all look the same. Facial hair, wrinkles, hair styles, etc.

5. Opportunity to Talk to Future Transfer Players

Just like the 'Job Interview,' have the possibility to interview future transfer players about why they want to join or convince them to join the club after their team has accepted a transfer bid.

6. Create Assistant Managers

If I want to make my friend my assistant manager, create a new manager and click "Assistant." Not playable, just a staff member that can help me out like any other.

7. More Realistic Negotiations with Contracts

Bit of a mixed bunch here. You want some real life situations like the job interviews and more realistic negotiations however you want to reset if you land a top job?

Job interview yes I think there should be a bit more of a process here so that you could impress a certain club especially if you would be taking a massive step for example a di canio persuading sunderland to give him a job in the premier league, or how we heard about mancini impressing for the Everton job.

However I lose you on the regen reset. That sounds like you jumping in a time machine. Whole point of working way through from bottom to top is because you proved yourself and you would continue with the players still. Maybe a better option would be to choose your own history when you start a game. You always start as a brand new manager with no managerial or non playing staff reputation but has the rep of a player. We should be to maybe choose to become a proven manager with a history and maybe choose what competetions you have won etc maybe

The first few times I read this I thought it was totally absurd, but it is in fact a thoroughly appealing ideal.

Sadly, I don't think bringing the players to 2014 would work, I would prefer to actually rewind to 2014 and back-date all your achievements accordingly. Then you would risk having the change history for who won what cup etc, so I kind of think its better that it maybe keeps your reputation and just says you won "8 Premier League trophies" for example, without saying who with or when, and gives you the rep accordingly. Sadly I still think it is far to complex to ever happen, but I think its a great idea.

However I lose you on the regen reset. That sounds like you jumping in a time machine. Whole point of working way through from bottom to top is because you proved yourself and you would continue with the players still. Maybe a better option would be to choose your own history when you start a game. You always start as a brand new manager with no managerial or non playing staff reputation but has the rep of a player. We should be to maybe choose to become a proven manager with a history and maybe choose what competetions you have won etc maybe

Maybe a better way would be to "export manager history" to a new save, similar to exporting teams to versus matches. Again it wouldn't carry over the dates you won the trophies on nor who with, just that you won them and the resulting rep boosts. You would keep same name and d.o.b etc.

This would be pretty cool, even though personally I would still always start on the new below-sunday-league-rep I am patiently anticipating.

Bit of a mixed bunch here. You want some real life situations like the job interviews and more realistic negotiations however you want to reset if you land a top job?

Job interview yes I think there should be a bit more of a process here so that you could impress a certain club especially if you would be taking a massive step for example a di canio persuading sunderland to give him a job in the premier league, or how we heard about mancini impressing for the Everton job.

Choosing what you have won is way too easy--the point is to earn the top jobs, not just assume them. Actually winning a division or cup and then getting the job you want is exponentially more rewarding. I like Herbert Fandel's idea of just going back to 2014.

Choosing what you have won is way too easy--the point is to earn the top jobs, not just assume them. Actually winning a division or cup and then getting the job you want is exponentially more rewarding. I like Herbert Fandel's idea of just going back to 2014.

Yea but that's theoretically doing though but just playing and proving that you can win them. What I am saying is that easier would be to start a game and choose what history you have for those players who want to do this. I never want that as I want to be a noob to the manager world and work my way up like you do.

Yea but that's theoretically doing though but just playing and proving that you can win them. What I am saying is that easier would be to start a game and choose what history you have for those players who want to do this. I never want that as I want to be a noob to the manager world and work my way up like you do.

You can basically do that now by making yourself a 'former International Player' reputation manager.

The export manager idea is solid but you would still be starting a new game and have to choose to take over that club instead of being offered the job as you were in the previous save you exported from.

I still think the best idea is to just revert back to 2014 with all your stats.

The export manager idea is solid but you would still be starting a new game and have to choose to take over that club instead of being offered the job as you were in the previous save you exported from.
Well if you got offered a job in-game, and were going to revert back to 2014 anyway, then it would be the for all 'intensive purposes' the same as waiting for an offer in the 1st career save, and then starting a new game with the exported manager starting at the team who gave you the offer, but I completely realise how the unstructured nature of that is beginning to diverge from your original idea.

I'd love to see a post match team meeting or have the ability to talk to entire sections of the team. If you've just suffered a heavy defeat personally I'd like to be able to hand out some hairdryer treatment to whole sections of the team. Cos fining them, or speaking to them individually is too hit or miss. and more often they react badly cos they've been singled out.

I'd love to see a post match team meeting or have the ability to talk to entire sections of the team. If you've just suffered a heavy defeat personally I'd like to be able to hand out some hairdryer treatment to whole sections of the team. Cos fining them, or speaking to them individually is too hit or miss. and more often they react badly cos they've been singled out.

The post match team talk sort of allows this you can single out all defenders, or midfielders,or forwards and give which ever section the hairdryer treatment.

I'd like to see the ability to see a player's past attributes or their past attributes analysis graph. This would mean we could see how a player has developed, or be able to see what an aging star was like in their prime.

You mean before you buy a player you mean? There is a graph showing increases/decreases for players that you have

I have a suggestion that might suit people who play the game at a more sedate pace - Parallel Reality Mode in which the game does not let you progress further than today's real date (reading it from your system clock), preferably using real fixtures. I would imagine that coding such an (optional) restriction is not a major piece of programming (but what do I know).

That way you can take your favourite team and actually compete against the real manager of the real team in real time.

Ideally the game would be released in the close reason instead of October/November, but I doubt that could be done (for FM2014 at least), but even given the "late" release of the game you would only have to catch up to the real now which can be done relatively quickly.

Obviously this mode would only appear to casual players or those who aren't able to spend long periods playing the game. The reason for suggesting this is that I always enjoy catching up to the real date and seeing where I am compared to the real team at that point (I've even had saves where I have tried to only keep pace with reality, but the I've found that the game does tend to surge ahead if not watched like a hawk). The suggested mode would keep you always at that point which I think would be an enjoyable way to play.

Anyone else like this idea, or am I just strange!!!!?

I want the option to have slider that are set manually be affected by shouts and strategy / style.

For example, have another checkbox that says "Locked". If it's checked, then it's just like now. But if you uncheck it, then the slider will change based on what you chose.

Also, I would like the ability to permanently re-train players in another position, at the expense of the old one.

I have a suggestion that might suit people who play the game at a more sedate pace - Parallel Reality Mode in which the game does not let you progress further than today's real date (reading it from your system clock), preferably using real fixtures. I would imagine that coding such an (optional) restriction is not a major piece of programming (but what do I know).

That way you can take your favourite team and actually compete against the real manager of the real team in real time.

I think one of a few problems with 'parallel reality mode' is as soon as you start the game players change clubs and managers get sacked and replaced so straight away you aren't really playing against the same teams and managers. I do think this would be far too sedate of a pace too as you'd only play one season before the next edition of the game is out which isn't really getting your moneys worth! :)

Archived